Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD

Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD

Dermatology •  Male • Age 61

Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD is a Dermatologist in New York, NY and has over 36 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Shelton has more experience with Mohs Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology than other specialists in his area. He graduated from SUNY Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, NY - M.D. medical school in 1984. He is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shelton to book an appointment.

Laser & Skin Surgery Center® of New York

More Dermatologists at Laser & Skin Surgery Center® of New York

Dr. Shelton's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shelton

Dr. Shelton?
Dr. Shelton came highly recommended and more than lived up to my expectations. From the kindness and helpfulness of his staff, to his informative and patient pre-procedure video call, to his great professionalism, gentle manner and obvious expertise. Excellent in every respect.
Oct 08, 2020
Absolutely
ELLEN FRIEDLAND – Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
Ron I knew you were great surgeon and I know your reputation but there’s no comparison to being in the chair and having you work on me effortlessly painlessly expertly and beautifully and I appreciate and thank you for all that you did and to reassure me with your also excellent staff. What’s amazing is that the picture show it within two hours I went from the basal cell of nasal ala to the large defect to the imperceptible closure. You are truly gifted and we all know it. Where would you like me to post this review in the pictures and also please tell me your favorite spirits. I can’t stop looking at the closure pictures which are just amazing. Thank you so much my friend and colleague and Ron I remember our conversation with your wife I don’t know 20-30 years ago I think it was in California or New Orleans AAD meeting when you were just going in to practice wow you’ve come a long way my friend and how lucky we all are that you decided to set up shop in Manhattan.
Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
Exceptional experience from an outstanding doctor. Could not have asked for anything more. Great office, great staff and a great dermatoloic surgeon.
Feb 07, 2020
We're thrilled to hear Dr. Shelton could provide...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
Dr Shelton performed a very extensive MOHS procedure on my ear. He was very thorough, gentle, and caring, both during the procedure and during the follow up visit. He explained the procedure and the follow up options very clearly. His office staff was equally caring and thorough. Highly recommended.
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for sharing your positive review with us....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
Dr. Shelton has done several Mohs surgeries on my face, head, and leg. I was probably not the easiest patient for the last one (head) but Dr Shelton never lost patience with me, was always encouraging and, as always, did an outstanding job. The other reviewers who mention his excellent bedside manner and professionalism are correct. Plus, he has a sly sense of humor! He compliments you for doing great when the success is all due to him. Nice man, great doctor.
Nov 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
I call Dr Shelton (Michelangelo) named after th3 great artist and sculpture. I was very concern about the skin cancer on my face. I had several Mohs surgery done by Dr Shelton and found his demeanor, answer to my questions, 35 year of experience and skills during surgery to be excellent. By the way the results were excellent also. I highly recommend this Doctor for his passion and preformance of his work to anyone with skin problems. Sincerely, John L
Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
Dr. Shelton is an amazing surgeon. He performed an emergency procedure related to a Melanoma excision. He was very attentive and caring and there was absolutely no pain during and after the procedure.
Oct 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
My experience has been outstanding. Ron has performed 2 surgeries on my face. This was first time I have ever had an issue with "abnormal" cells and stage zero. Ron was recommended by my body check Dermatologist. Her advise to me was "if you want anything surgically removed on your face, there is only ONE doctor I'm referring you to and that doctor is Ron Shelton". I concur with other reviewers that he has a warm and special bedside manner. But even more than that, he exudes confidence and calm during office visits which we know can be stressful. I trusted Ron's opinion about which procedure would be best for ME and value his opinion going forward to achieve the best results to minimize scaring. He is a conservative doctor - his communication is clear and to the point and he is wonderful at managing expectations. So far everything he said about my post ops has come true. I am proud to be included on his website "Wall of Fame".
Karen Whitby – Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
Dr. Shelton and his staff are top notch. He has a great bedside manner and is a true expert at what he does. Who wants to have skin cancer? Nobody. But if the sun is not your friend and melanoma runs in your family and no matter how much sunblock you use you still need care, he is the best. I recommend him and his staff without reservation.
Jim kelly – Jul 27, 2019
Excellent Surgeon listens very well , great bedside manners
Jul 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
Dr. Shelton is gentle, compassionate and completely understanding of his patient. In my 3 visits, which included two procedures, Dr. Shelton NEVER rushed and always took the time to answer all of my questions as well as explain as much as I wanted to hear about what he was doing. In my 60+ years, he is only 1 of 2 physicians that has impressed me with these type of characteristics. And, you get a skilled surgeon to boot. I can't recommend him enough. You will be totally at ease.
B. Tolkin in Glen Head, NY – Jun 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
The very best in his field in my opinion.... great doctor great persona....can’t say enough about him
Mort setchen – Apr 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
Excellent surgeon and caring. Personal attention and open to discussion and explanation.
Apr 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
As a clinician, Dr. Shelton is conservative and precise, guided by the necessary technology and mapping that reveals healthy vs malignant tissue. His explanations through all phases of surgery are clear and accurate. As an individual, he is intuitive, proactive, empathetic, and encouraging. His explanations throughout all phases of surgery are clear and realistic. While he shines on his own, he does as well as a team player, partnering with plastic surgery as needed to optimize patient outcomes.
Lisa L – Mar 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
I’ve been coming to Dr. Shelton for over ten years, staring with a minor lightening of a facial broken blood vessel but referred by a friend who’d had some pretty serious Moh’s done on his nose for skin cancer. I wouldn’t trust anyone else in NYC with my face or skin in general. He I s completely skillful, medically up to date and has probably the best judgment concerning aesthetic procedures that one can find. I feel sorry for people on the street who have obviously been treated elsewhere.
Coppertop in New York, NY – Feb 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
I came to Dr. Shelton for help with one specific skin problem. Through treatment, the problem was made much more significant.
Dan in New York, NY – Feb 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
Dr. Ronald Shelton is a consummate professional who is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to his patients. He is very kind, compassionate, and responsive to all questions, He called me at home following surgery to ensure I was fine and not experiencing any pain. Dr. Shelton is a brilliant surgeon with impeccable credentials. He is meticulous, thorough, and has a wonderful sense of aesthetics. I am thrilled with the outcome of my Mohs surgery! I strongly recommend him. .
Candace Silver – Nov 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
Dr. Shelton is very good at what he does. He educates his patients because he wants them to feel comfortable. Unlike most doctors, he will actually spend the time with you to discuss treatment options rather than just handing over a brochure or pamphlet.
Meliss D in New York, NY – Jul 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Shelton for about 10 years and I would highly recommend him. He stays up-to-date on the latest procedures and products, and answers any questions honestly - providing the pros and cons of any procedure. He wants his patients to look natural, so he will tell you when a particular product or procedure may not be a good choice.
New York, NY – Jul 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Shelton, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shelton?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Shelton

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Shelton treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Shelton treats other conditions, please contact the office at (212) 941-5055.

Mohs Surgery

Mohs surgery is a procedure that treats some types of skin cancer by removing a precise amount of tissue in order to remove cancer cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.Compare with other Mohs Surgery specialists.

Dr. Shelton typically treats 89% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
Mohs Surgery
Normal Frequency
High Frequency
Very High Frequency
Dr. Shelton
Similar Providers

Dermatologic Oncology

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Dermatologic Oncology specialists.

Dr. Shelton typically treats 87% more often than similar doctors

• Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Keloid Scar
  • Melanoma
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Rosacea
  • Seborrheic Keratosis
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma

Dr. Shelton accepts

Our dermatology center in New York is the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art laser and cosmetic skin surgery center in the world. Over the past 30 years...Read more

In July 2014, Dr. Shelton joined Roy Geronemus, M.D. and associates at the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York. Dr. Shelton has been in practice for...Read more

• Dermatology

Brooke Army Medical Center
1985
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
1984
SUNY Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, NY - M.D.