Dr. Ronald Segura, MD

Dr. Ronald Segura, MD

Pain Medicine | Male | 40 years old

Dr. Segura specializes in Pain Medicine and practices in Covington, LA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Segura? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Segura's Experience

See how Dr. Segura's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Segura

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Segura has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Segura's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Segura to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Segura
Dr. Segura's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (26)
in Picayune, MS |
Dr. Segura always took his time with me and was very concerned that treatment was effective. He would do a procedure about every 18 months where he would go in and burn the nerves in my lower back and cervical vertebrae. He is a great Dr that greatly improved my daily life.
in Covington |
After I had my second round of injections in my back from Dr. Segura he became a ghost. He simply didn't show up to three follow up appointments I had with him. I actually have never seen him since. He just kept giving me nerve block medication over the phone through his nurse. I would not suggest using him.
in Mandeville,La |
Dr. Segura prescribed me a medication that was only supposed to be for short-term use but he had me take it over a year before another doctor took me off it. This medication had me falling asleep at the wheel all the time. As soon as I stopped taking it I was fine. Can't recommend.
in Chalmette, LA |
Over the past few years, Dr Segues has treated me for chronic back pain. He listens to every word I said with complete patience and understanding. A real diamond in these "doctors" today just wanting to herd you in and out with their hands out to be paid before you even see anyone. My only wish is that I find him again as he left to open his own office. As I think those in the office around him veer away from those qualities. Ratings based prior to his leaving. Today's office way down
in Waveland,MS |
Had a Dual Fusion Spine Surgery in 09 to correct substantial complications from a military injury received in the 70's. Weeks following the surgery I was informed the efforts of the surgery had been a failure and was referred to a Pain Management Team. Following five years of treatment, in substantial pain,I was introduced to Dr. Segura and his staff. Within weeks Dr. Segura was utilizing new procedures and we (wife and 2 young children) have seen radical improvement.Substantially less pain!!
amite, la |
After numerous visits with surgeons whose .treatment options for my back problems were just not viable solutions that I could agree too , I opted for pain management and was and still am so grateful that Dr. segura was that doctor. He truly Cares for his patients and treats you with such compassion and concern. Just a great person who never gives up on making sure his patients are taken care of
in Hammond, LA |
he listens
in Hammond, Louisiana |
I loved DrS,but something changed after new NP Kim.I'd proven organic pain but was told psychologist said to stop opioids,(untrue). I was fired for making no attempt to undergo therapy despite bringing my therapy records to scan in, that day! I have progressive neuropathic disease but Kim didn't care saying Oh,we KNOW your nerves are dying but ignored it! He saved me from intractable side& headpain,promised methadone /ketamine switch but instead fired me on 150mcg fentanyl w/o any help!
Over booked office. No seating....really... Had more people booked than they had seats in the office. Overwhelmed staff. Overall very impersonal experience.
in Pearl River, LA |
I have been a patient of the Neuroscience and Pain Institute for 6 years and I feel this place may have saved my life. I had a bad neck surgery from a not so good Neuro surgeon and he caused very heavy damage to the nerves in my neck, It took many test and many doctors to find out why the damage had occurred and what damaged had occurred. By the time I went to the Pain and Management office I was on my last hope of finding some relief for pain and suffering.
Have you seen Dr. Ronald Segura, MD?
Are you Dr. Segura?

Dr. Segura's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  •  Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available

Dr. Segura has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Segura's Board Certifications

• Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Postoperative Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

Lsu School Of Med New Orleans

Completed in 2008

Lsu School Of Med New Orleans

Completed in 2010

Dr. Segura does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Segura and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.