Dr. Ronald Segura, MD

Dr. Ronald Segura, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Ronald Segura, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Covington, LA. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Read his story

7039 Highway 190 East Service Rd Ste C

Covington, LA 70433

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Segura

See how frequently Dr. Segura performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cervical Spine Myelopathy
Spondylosis
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Segura's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Segura's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Segura "Ronald Segura M.D. was born and raised in South Louisiana. After graduating from high school, he attended Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge where he graduated with Cum Laude Honors. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology with a minor zoology. He attended LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans and completed a four-year residency training program in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Doctor Segura was then accepted to the LSU ACGME accredited Interventional Spine/Pain Medicine Fellowship program. Dr. Segura is Double Board Certified in PM&R and Interventional Spine & Pain Medicine. He specializes in performing diagnostic and therapeutic fluoroscopically guided spinal injections micro invasive spine surgery. He utilizes ultrasound guidance as well to ensure accuracy during treatment. Dr. Segura is one of the region's leading experts in the treatment of neck and headache disorders. He also specializes in non-surgical treatment of peripheral joint pain in the arms and legs. Dr. Segura's philosophy utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to healing pain. His treatment plan focuses on reducing pain and improving functional ability, which enhances one's quality of life."

This content was provided by Dr. Segura "Dr. Segura believes in treating the patient as a whole, not just the pain. The focus of our pain management facility is on improving the quality of life of our patients through use of various micro-invasive procedures and innovative techniques in combination with specialized pharmacological therapeutic management for both acute and chronic pain."

• Pain Medicine

• Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Postoperative Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Trigger Finger
  • Upper Back Pain

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans
    Medical School | Graduated 2004
  • Lsu School Of Med New Orleans
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Lsu School Of Med New Orleans
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Segura has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Segura does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Segura and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Segura's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Segura to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Segura's Performance
in Slidell |
I was recommended to Dr Secure from my back surgeon who explained the he couldn't guarantee complete pain relief with all of the problems in my back. Dr Segura's staff is really personable and efficient. His office is beautiful, calm and clean. Dr Segura completely explained how a Rhizotomy (burning of the nerves in the area as of involvement) would stop my pain that I had tried to live with. Sure enough, after the quick out Patient procedure...I am pain FREE! I love him!
in Albany, LA |
DR Segura and his staff are one of the best clinics i have ever been too they are very organised n make sure you are seen quickly n answer all your questions honestly explain procedures n follow up with you truly a caring clinic
in Chalmette, LA |
This is the first doctor I've ever written a review for. I've only seen Dr.Segura once thus far. I am very impressed and comfortable with our meeting. Dr.Segura gave me a very thorough examination, and he handled himself in a very professional manner. I've been living in chronic pain since 1987. I was struck in the head with a 180lb steel plate resulting in a neck fusion. I later required a back fusion due to a separate injury. Dr.Segura has already ordered a new MRI. Happy to update my records.
in Covington, LA |
Dr. Segura is great. He actually seems to care about his patients. He is very professional and dose have a lot of rules but as long as you follow them he will go above and beyond to help you get out of pain. The waiting room is a little busy and the Wait time is pretty long but its definitely worth the wait. I highly recommend Dr. Segura.
Waveland |
Miss an appt.,have out of town emergency yet pass all your drug screens and you will get dropped like a hotrock. People in real pain dont have time for this kind of foolishness. When your in pain you need help and understanding not godlike attitudes.
in Picayune, MS |
Dr. Segura always took his time with me and was very concerned that treatment was effective. He would do a procedure about every 18 months where he would go in and burn the nerves in my lower back and cervical vertebrae. He is a great Dr that greatly improved my daily life.
in Covington |
After I had my second round of injections in my back from Dr. Segura he became a ghost. He simply didn't show up to three follow up appointments I had with him. I actually have never seen him since. He just kept giving me nerve block medication over the phone through his nurse. I would not suggest using him.
Doctor Segura opened his new office on March 20, 2017.
in Mandeville,La |
Dr. Segura prescribed me a medication that was only supposed to be for short-term use but he had me take it over a year before another doctor took me off it. This medication had me falling asleep at the wheel all the time. As soon as I stopped taking it I was fine. Can't recommend.
in Chalmette, LA |
Over the past few years, Dr Segues has treated me for chronic back pain. He listens to every word I said with complete patience and understanding. A real diamond in these "doctors" today just wanting to herd you in and out with their hands out to be paid before you even see anyone. My only wish is that I find him again as he left to open his own office. As I think those in the office around him veer away from those qualities. Ratings based prior to his leaving. Today's office way down
Dr. Segura has reopened in Covington. Call to make an appointment.
in Waveland,MS |
Had a Dual Fusion Spine Surgery in 09 to correct substantial complications from a military injury received in the 70's. Weeks following the surgery I was informed the efforts of the surgery had been a failure and was referred to a Pain Management Team. Following five years of treatment, in substantial pain,I was introduced to Dr. Segura and his staff. Within weeks Dr. Segura was utilizing new procedures and we (wife and 2 young children) have seen radical improvement.Substantially less pain!!
Great to hear !
amite, la |
After numerous visits with surgeons whose .treatment options for my back problems were just not viable solutions that I could agree too , I opted for pain management and was and still am so grateful that Dr. segura was that doctor. He truly Cares for his patients and treats you with such compassion and concern. Just a great person who never gives up on making sure his patients are taken care of
Thank you !
in Hammond, Louisiana |
I loved DrS,but something changed after new NP Kim.I'd proven organic pain but was told psychologist said to stop opioids,(untrue). I was fired for making no attempt to undergo therapy despite bringing my therapy records to scan in, that day! I have progressive neuropathic disease but Kim didn't care saying Oh,we KNOW your nerves are dying but ignored it! He saved me from intractable side& headpain,promised methadone /ketamine switch but instead fired me on 150mcg fentanyl w/o any help!
Over booked office. No seating....really... Had more people booked than they had seats in the office. Overwhelmed staff. Overall very impersonal experience.
in Pearl River, LA |
I have been a patient of the Neuroscience and Pain Institute for 6 years and I feel this place may have saved my life. I had a bad neck surgery from a not so good Neuro surgeon and he caused very heavy damage to the nerves in my neck, It took many test and many doctors to find out why the damage had occurred and what damaged had occurred. By the time I went to the Pain and Management office I was on my last hope of finding some relief for pain and suffering.
Have you seen Dr. Ronald Segura, MD?

Visit Dr. Segura

Dr. Segura accepts 17 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • CHAMPVA
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Hospitals where Dr. Segura has admitting privileges