Dr. Ronald Nelson, MD

Dr. Ronald Nelson, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Ronald Nelson, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Murfreesboro, TN. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

1608 Williams Dr Ste 200

Murfreesboro, TN 37129

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Nelson

See how frequently Dr. Nelson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Benign Tumor
Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
Ringworm

Dr. Nelson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Nelson "Dr Nelson and the Stones River Dermatology staff are honored to serve you as our patient."

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Surgery
  • Venous Sclerotherapy
  • Wart Removal

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Stanford University
  • Troy State University Florida Region, Master Of Science In Management
    Other Education | Completed 1998

• Murfreesboro Post Besties Award Best Dermatologist, 2012
  • Daily News Journal Ruthies Award Favorite Dermatologist, 2012

Dr. Nelson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nelson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nelson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nelson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nelson to family and friends
2.2
Dr. Nelson Says:

Dr Ronald Nelson "Junior" opened Stones River Dermatology in October 2010 in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. He has NO affiliation with Murfreesboro Dermatology Clinic in Murfreesboro or McMinnville, Tennessee

Dr. Nelson's Performance
    GOOD
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Nelson and his staff are the ultimate in providers of good care! Their front office employees are efficient and always ready to help. Dr. Nelson and the other medical employees there are competent, caring and efficient. I cannot recommend them more heartily!
Murfreesboro, TN |
His receptionist was awful on the phone and in person... not very friendly at all. I overall liked Dr. Nelson and aesthetician Heather ... but having to deal with the receptionist is pain to talk to!
Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Nelson and his staff are wonderful! This is an office where they truly know Dermatology. I have waited before, but it is because he and his NP are so thorough. I have seen comments regarding phones and wait times and this is true as with many offices. The difference again, is that they care, and take the time with everyone. Highly recommend this doctor!
in Hillsboro, TN |
I called for a routine appointment and it was made for the following day. I saw Dr. Nelson August 23, 2016. I was on time and waited maybe 10-15 minutes, which is expected in a medical setting. The place is clean! Staff friendly. Dr. Nelson was thorough and discovered some pre-cancer on my face which he treated, and gave me a script for another skin condition. He took his time, explained everything. I will return.
in Normandy |
My only experiences with Dr Nelson and his staff have both been disappointing. I seriously doubt that he or his staff read these patient comments, but I feel compelled to enter my opinions SOMEWHERE. My wife and I both had appointments to see Dr. Nelson on the same day because we live 50 miles away. His office staff contacted me THREE times to remind me of the appointment; they contacted my wife twice. We arrived at the Murfreesboro office fifteen minutes early, checked in, paid our co-pay in ad
Murfreesboro, TN |
*Only commenting on recent experience of scheduling appointment as a new patient with this provider - the person who answered the phone was not friendly and cut me off at one point. Actually seemed to discourage making an appointment and then tried to steer me to a Nurse Practitioner though I made it clear that I was referred to and wanted to see Dr. Nelson. I hope the actual appointment goes much better.
in New York, NYMurfreesboro, TN |
An absolutely OUTSTANDING Doctor in every respect! I have been his patient for almost 10 years & have never left his office without being 100% satisfied. He is extremely thorough & his office staff is always friendly and professional. Dr. Nelson & his staff have my highest recommendation!
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Was referred to Dr. Nelson by my primary physician. GP made the appointment. Dr. Nelson's office called to make sure I filled out online forms. Day of appointment, I was made to wait two hours, then told only way he would see me is if I paid cash because they didn't have insurance referral number. Refused to speak to insurance rep who said I could be treated and the number would be provided same day. Spoke with Doctor and he made it clear, in my opinion, he only cares about the money.
Murfreesboro, TN |
I went Dr. Nelson for some minor skin surgery. I waited undressed for 30 minutes in a very cold room on my initial visit. I developed an infection at one of the areas. I called at least10 times to either discuss or make an appointment. There was never an answer. I was called back at 5:30. For the follow-up, I waited 50 minutes. There were 4 people ahead of me. I left untreated. I will not ever return to Dr. Nelson, nor would I recommend him to anyone else. It is a shame.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Friendly staff. Awesome experience.
in Lynchburg, TN |
Dr. Nelson is outstanding. Explains aliment and treatment very well. Spends needed time and doesn't make you fell rushed. I would recommend Dr. Nelson to anyone.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
DO NOT MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THIS OFFICE UNLESS YOU HAVE AN ABUNDANCE OF TIME TO WASTE!!
Have you seen Dr. Ronald Nelson, MD?
Are you Dr. Nelson?

Visit Dr. Nelson

Dr. Nelson accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medicare