Dr. Ronald Lewis, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Ronald Lewis, MD
Dr. Ronald Lewis, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Huntington, NY. He has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Lewis is affiliated with NYU Winthrop Hospital and Huntington Hospital.

Dr. Lewis' Experience

See how Dr. Lewis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lewis

Dr. Lewis accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Lewis is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Lewis has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lewis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lewis to family and friends
    3.5
    Dr. Lewis' Performance
    in Freeport, NY |
    Smart doc, figured out what the emergency room couldn't
    Commack, NY |
    Shouldn't even get one star!!!! No one in waiting room,put into exam room with child after 10 minute wait, not too bad. Waited in dirty exam room with flies all around for another 45, no one checked on us, nor explained wait. God complex is a dangerous thing Dr. Lewis! My job is no less important than yours, nor is my time. Eventually walked out without being seen! Sorry but your patients deserve better, my child certainly does! Never, ever again! Shame on you Dr. Lewis!!'nnn
    in Uniondale, NY |
    Good for scoliosis, took his time with my child and explained the xrays very well, the doctor came highly recommended and even though we live over 30 minutes away, it was well worth the drive to know our child will be ok
    in New York, |
    Arrived for my 1 pm appointment at 1245 waited in waiting room until 2 after multiple complaints was put in a exam room now it's another wasted still no doctor 2 hours still waiting!!! To get son exam. Office is poorly run with standard excuse the the doctor had an emergency to try and keep patients quiet others were treated just as bad as I was DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. Find another office 310 pm still waiting for Doc for a 1 pm appointment
    in Smithtown, NY |
    Great treatment for my son’s clubfoot! Casting and a small procedure and it looks normal
    in Plainview, NY |
    very pleasing visit for my child with this doctor and his nurses
    in Sunnyside, NY |
    Kind and professional doc. Good with kids.
    in Kings Park, NY |
    Very professional. picked up a fracture in my childs elbow that was missed by urgent care center.Recommend!
    in Woodmere, NY |
    Dr Lewis was very caring to our child and has a nice bedside manner
    in Farmingdale, NY |
    Very impressive doctor, office staff, and organization. Got the mri I needed same day and with the report. Have my recommendation!
    Port Jefferson Station |
    Dr Lewis is very nice and knowledgeable but the girls that work his front desk are so nasty. If my allowed it I would change doctors just because of them. The best dr is not worth the bad attitudes.
    in Commack, NY |
    Would recommend
    in Wyandanch, NY |
    My baby girl fell at the playground the other day she was crying so bad holding her arm, this doctor was the only one who would see her right away, the staff went out of their way for us, turns out it was only a small dimple fracture and needed a cast for a few weeks, thank you
    in Flushing, NY |
    Son was holding his arm for 2 days,so uncomfortable, our primary recommended this doctor. Dr Lewis said it was a nursemaids elbow and he popped it right into place, son feels great. Great job
    in Sea Cliff, NY |
    Kind and compassionate guy. Takes his time with you and your kid
    in Garden City, NY |
    Great experience with doctor and staff. Office good for kids. +++
    in Bethpage, NY |
    Dr Lewis did a great job fixing our daughter’s cracked elbow, we consider ourselves lucky he is in this area. He came right in late at night no problems to help.
    in Oyster Bay, NY |
    Very professional doctor and staff
    in Sea Cliff, NY |
    Peds doctor recommended a checkup, our baby was a breech baby, they said maybe a problem with the hips. Doctor did an exam, was ok, he performed a sonongram himself and hips looked great. Very relieved!
    in Lattingtown, NY |
    Dr Lewis came recommended to us for a second opinion on our son’s foot. The first surgeon wanted to perform surgery for an extra bone in the foot. Dr. Lewis felt it was worthwhile trying some orthotics and stretching excercises, and if that did not work we would talk about surgery. So far, our son is pain free with the orthotics. We appreciated hearing and trying his point of view.
    in Dix Hills, NY |
    Excellent surgeon - took care of my daughter's fractured elbow.
    in East Moriches, NY |
    Our daughter hurt her finger a few weeks prior to seeing Dr Lewis and it seemed not too bad, but it started to get bent out of shape. We were referred and the doctor diagnoses a mallet finger, he put on a splint for a few weeks and the finger is nice and straight. Staff was helpful on the phone and in the office. Thanks.
    Medford, NY |
    Brought my 8 y/o here about a wrist injury. First visit was fine & the doctor was courteous. When I returned due to the same complaint he was dismissive & said wait and see. He diagnosed a growth plate fracture but said it was a guess bc the X-ray was negative. I can accept that. But after waiting over an hour for each appointment and still seeing my daughter in pain with no results, I will never recommend or return.
    in New Hyde Park, NY |
    First peds doc we saw at the CHILDREN’s hospital was not very nice to us. Dr Lewis was completely different, very kind and caring and obviously knows his stuff, happy we googled and found him
    in Smithtown, NY |
    Doctor took care of my daughter who is in national competition for dance , and we are very satisfied with his care.
    in West Hempstead, NY |
    Needed to see a orthopeds for kids right away, my kid got hurt at playground, the doctor squeezed us in, it was really busy, but he still took his time, growth plate was broke, we got a waterproof cast and the pain was gone. Thumbs up!
    in Merrick, NY |
    Very special doctor, he is always so caring to my special needs child. The staff at ProHealth are also very accomodating. Thanks guys & gals.
    in 11743 |
    Has bankers hours. Tries to squeeze all appts in 4 day work week. My appointment my wait was 3.5 hours (total 5.5 hrs in the office)—with a child. I would have walked out but I waited a week for the appointment bc he was on vacation. A bit arrogant for a person working with children. When a call was put in on a Friday (office closed) my son had to wait in pure agony until Monday when they would see him—They needed to recast my child (their first one was a fail).
    in Copaigue, NY |
    My son is going out for the travel soccer team and twisted his knee last week. Trainer thought he had an acl tear, we were able to see dr lewis right away, he thought potentially the acl or the cartilage, he ordered a stat mri and we got it at his company mri center the next day, and it was only a sprain, he is now doing rehab, we are greatful for everything the doctor and staff did for us.
    in Oystey Bay, NY |
    My pediatrician picked up possible scoliosis in my child. He highly recommended to see Dr. Lewis. The recommendation was worth it. Dr. Lewis took his time examining my child and explaining the xrays and everything about scoliosis to us. We felt very relieved that she only needs to be watched at this point.
    in Huntington, NY |
    Positive
    in Sands Point, NY |
    Our baby girl was born with very crooked feet. Dr. Lewis came in and saw our baby in the nursery and told us it was a common foot problem and that it would probably go away over time. He really calmed our nerves, we are first time parents! We followed in the office and had a terrific experience as well. He showed us some stretches to do and now she is starting to cruise with straight feet! :)
    in Merrick, NY |
    My toddler took a fall last week and had trouble walking. We were able to get in to see Dr Lewis right away. I have to compliment the telephone staff and front office staff. The office was also super kid-friendly. Our wait was average, but we understood we were fit in. My child felt very comfortable with Dr Lewis. It’s obvious he takes care of kids. There were no fractures on the xray, the Dr gave my child a splint for a few days and now she is walking perfectly. You have my recommendation.
    in Freeport, NY |
    Great Doc! Took care of my 2 little ones with scoliosis for years. Always really nice and he knows his stuff.
    in Commack, NY |
    Been seeing Dr Lewis for 5 years now. Our son was born with a dislocated hip and needed surgery by Dr Lewis and now he is running around kindergarten with no problems. Worth any wait in the office.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    We went to the office in Bethpage. Parking was great as our child was in a wheelchair. First greeted by a receptionist who was eating a salad, which was strange, but it turned out this was not the desk for Dr Lewis. His was in the back. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the Xmas decorations. The office was very busy, but we were seen in a good time. We were told from Er our son may need surgery on his ankle but the doctor was able to treat with a cast. We would recommend this docto
    in Hempstead, NY |
    My daughter got hurt at the playground at school and we needed to see a orthoped doctor right away. The school nurse gave us this doctor’s number and the doctor saw her right away. She broke her collar bone. Everyone there was great. Many thanks.
    in Levittown, NY |
    Very professional office and staff. Offices have nice posters and pictures for the kids, and Frozen was playing in the waiting room!
    in Woodbury, NY |
    I recently took my 16 month old to Dr Lewis from the recommendation of my pediatrician because she is not yet walking on her own. The doctor was very kind to my child and he took his time examining her as she was crying. He was very reassuring that she looked okay from his point of view and that he felt she probably would be walking on her own soon, even recommending we make sure our house is child proofed. It is 3 months later and sure enough, she is running around like crazy! A++ review.
    in Massapequa |
    Very rude staff at front desk be prepared to wait a couple of hours past your appointment time they could care less about the patients
    in Melville, NY |
    Hi, I have to leave this review to express my gratitude to Dr. Lewis. On the day before Thanksgiving, the school nurse called to let me know my son was sick. He was also complaining of knee pain. We took him to the pediatrician and he was diagnosed with a double ear infection. The pediatrician also thought he may have swelling in the hip. He wanted my son to see a pediatric orthopaedist and the pediatrician said the only doctors like this were at the children's hospital. It was 4 pm and no one a
    in cedarhurst, NY |
    My son broke his hand bone when he ran into the wall playing basketball, we were seen at urgent care and the bone was out of place, we were referred to dr lewis and he numbed up the hand and was able to push the bone back in place, it has been 5 weeks now and the bone healed fine. Thanks.
    in Cedarhust,, NY |
    in Bellmore, NY |
    Very helpful and caring staff on the phone and during visit. My son was able to be seen and then still get to school. His feet have been hurting for a year and Dr Lewis found some bones were fused together. Hopefully his recommendation for inserts will work!
    in Hempstead, NY |
    Had a good experience with this office and the doctor. Child was treated for back pain in sports. The treatment given worked.
    in Lindenhurst, NY |
    My daughter broke her arm over the weekend, we called today and the doctor fit us right in on a monday. he explained everything and answered all of our questions. he seemed to really care about us. ++ recommend
    in Freeport, NY |
    Been taking my son to this doctor for a few years, he had seen a few other doctors before we used doctor lewis and the other doctors were terrible. doctor lewis always takes his time with my son and i am really greatful. minus 1 star for the lady at the front desk that gave me attitude for not having my referral that the pediatrician was supposed to send in!
    in Massapequa Park, NY |
    I was so impressed with the staff in this office, that I decided to give a google review. Our son hurt his knee in football and we got an appointment same day, My partner and I found the receptionists to be very nice to my kids, they put on shows for them to watch in the waiting room. Our child needed an MRI right away and the nurse in the office totally went out of her way to get us approved the same day. The MRI showed an ACL tear, which is what Dr Lewis felt was the case on his exam. Thumbs
    in Queens, NY |
    Very happy with our babies visit to the doctor. Was referred for a problem with the hip. Got an appointment within a day. Our pediatrician highly recommended this doctor even though we live in Queens and his office is in Huntington. The doctor did an ultrasound of the hips in the office and everything checked out to be fine. Definitely worth the drive and I recommend this doctor.
    in Woodbury, NY |
    Our lil guy has been seeing Dr. L. for about 8 months now for clubfeet he was born with. His feet now look excellent. Dr. L does the ponsetti method and our son had casts put on every week until his feet straightened out. We had an 8 am appointment every week. Thanks!
    Have you seen Dr. Ronald Lewis, MD?
    Are you Dr. Lewis?

Dr. Lewis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Lewis has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lewis' Board Certifications

• Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
    • Trigger Finger

Stony Brook Univ Health Sciences Center School of Medicine

Graduated in 1989

SUNY at Stony Brook

Dr. Lewis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lewis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Achilles Tenotomy