Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD

Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 49

Spine, and More
Telehealth services available

Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. Dr. Lehman Jr has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lehman Jr to book an appointment.

ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

New Patient?
The Daniel and Jane Och Spine Hospital5141 Broadway New York, NY 10034
Columbia Grand Orthopaedics500 Grand Ave Ste 1 Englewood, NJ 07631
Columbia Doctors51 W 51st St Ste 370 New York, NY 10019

• Practices at Highly Recommended Hospital Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

Dr. Lehman Jr's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lehman Jr

Dr. Lehman Jr?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (153)
  • Staff friendliness (153)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (153)
  • Long wait times (18)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
Dr. Lehman successfully performed a spinal fusion surgery on me in February 2017 to correct my severe scoliosis. I was 23 at the time. I consulted with multiple surgeons and found Dr. Lehman to be absolutely the BEST in the business. I found significant curve reduction in each of my curves, and, most importantly, the curvature spine isn't progressing anymore. I grew one inch from this surgery and I l now live pain-free. Moving regularly, especially my spine has been a crucial part of my recovery. After the surgery, I began to align my life in the direction of fitness, to make sure that I stayed an active mover. I know have my own business as a private yoga teacher and personal trainer. Thank you, Dr. Lehman! You've given me a bright and happy life! Bless you!
Emily McDonald – Dec 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman successfully treated a severely herniated disc that had left me partially paralyzed. His treatment resulted in nearly complete recovery of prior function. He was direct, clear, and at the same time kind in his explanations from pre-op to follow-up. No complications from the surgery and it is going as well as i could ever expect.
Nov 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I'm convinced that Dr. Lehman saved my ability to walk. I was experiencing weakness, some pain and a terrible time walking. The first surgeon I saw told me that he'd love to operate because he's a surgeon, but that he doesn't like anyone coming near HIM with a scalpel, but I could wait. I saw Dr. Lehman as a second opinion and he recommended surgery immediately. I was on the table a week later and, while I needed help getting into pre-op, but I walked out, albeit with a walker, on my own power the same day after spinal decompression surgery. I'm feeling great, with no infirmary, no pain and no weakness. If you need spinal surgery, DEFINITELY see Dr. Lehman!
Eric Steinhardt – Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Yes, I would definitely recommend Dr. Lehman to my family and friends. I was actually recommended by a family member who had surgery by Dr. Lehman. Words can not describe how grateful I am to be under his care. My family and I are forever grateful. I can't begin to describe how much my life has return after my surgery, compared to before the surgery where I was practically in bed all the time and the only time i wasn't was to crawl to the bathroom. It is not a life i would wish on anyone. Can't thank Dr. Lehman and his team enough for how much they have take care of me and my family member's questions and needs. Always available either in person or by phone and email. I always felt like i was only a click away from getting in touch with them. Thank you so much Dr. Lehman and team!
Jess – Jun 24, 2020
Jess – Jun 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman was great, he made me feel very confident and fearful of doing surgery on my spine. him and his team were exceptional. My procedure was a success and worry free. Thanks to Dr. Lehman I am no longer in pain. He was very nice and professional through the entire process. i really got the best care under Dr. Lehman.
Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
After visiting many doctors I found my way to Dr. Lehman. After an initial consultation and follow up I felt that Dr. Lehman explained what was happening with my back, was very empathetic of my situation and how he could help me. I moved forward with a TLIF of levels L4/L5 L5/S1 in February 2019. Fast forward to Feb 2020 and I feel 25 years younger and back to normal activities. Dr. Lehman and his team are incredible. Everything from pre surgery to post and in between was handled with care and understanding and the results speak for themself! I highly recommend Dr Lehman and his team.
Mitch – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Never would I have ever wish to have spine surgery, but I'm so glad to be under Dr. Lehman's care. The anxiety, panic and questions were overwhelming. I cannot thank Dr. Lehman and his team enough for how well they took care of me. My surgery was beyond my expectation. I woke up from and the leg and back pain that was plaguing me for the last year was completely gone. I still have a little numbness, but that infinitely better than how it was before my surgery. I can begin to tell you have great it feels to be able to go outside without having to carry around a bottle of pain killers. Thank you so much Dr. Lehman and team!!!!!
MT – Feb 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman and his team: NP Tarren, Nurse Christine and the rest of this team, were very competent and caring. They cared for my teenage son who was suffering from severely herniated due to a wrestling injury. We recommend this surgeon 100%.
Juliza Wylie – Jan 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman is an expert spinal surgeon and clinician backed by an excellent team. My surgery went perfectly and my condition is greatly improved. I also received excellent care at The Allen Hospital. I highly recommend Dr. Lehman for diagnosis and treatment.
Rebecca S. – Jan 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I had surgery with Dr. Lehman 3 years ago to correct my scoliosis. Looking back I wish I saw Dr. Lehman earlier. Before my surgery I had so much low back pain and the sciatic pain down my legs was unbearable. I had tried everything from physical therapy to injections, nothing worked. His surgery really helped me so much. The leg and back pain is gone and my posture is so much better. I really have to thank him and his team for taking care of me. He came by to see me everyday and night, and his nurses were extremely helpful. 10 out of 10 would recommend Dr. Lehman.
S.B. – Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman is really amazing! I found Dr. Lehman through my neighbor who Dr. Lehman did surgery on his back with amazing result. I had so much back pain that I couldn't go anywhere or do anything. I was miserable. I can't believe the result from my fusion surgery on my back. Completely pain free now and able to do everything that I wanted to do before. I am so thankful of Dr. Lehman and his team. They took care of me every step of the way, from before to after the surgery, I always felt like I had someone guiding me. I highly recommend Dr. Lehman.
Charles K. – Dec 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I can honestly say Dr. Lehman changed my whole life. I could barely walk, I was in so much pain. And now I have been pain-free for over a year. Dr. Lehman was kind and explained everything very thoroughly; I always felt like I was in very good hands with him. And when there was a post-surgical complication, he went the extra mile, coming back (I think) from vacation to perform a second surgery. I can't recommend him and his staff enough.
Noam – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I had microdiscectomy surgery with Dr. Lehman. He and his team were very professional and attentive and the results have been excellent.
Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
My experience with Dr. Lehman has been really great. The support of his team has been extremely helpful for me throughout my journey. When you’re experiencing chronic pain the isolation of it all can be very challenging. Having this group of experts as a panel for support has instramental with my recovery.
New York, NY – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I had a very bad herniated disk that popped out and then went up behind the vertibrea pushing hard on my spinal cord.a I had been to several doctors before Dr. Lehman and they all agreed I needed surgery including a laminectomy and fusion, but Dr. Lehman felt I needed a much more basic surgery, only a decompression and diskectomy. Dr. Lehman performed the surgery on April 2, 2019. I entered the hospital hobbling on a cane, and the very same day I walked out holding my cane over my head in triumph. Three months later I was doing everything normally, running and doing weights at the guy. By the way, I'm 60 years old and they say it takes older people longer to heal but I thought I did just fine. By 4 months after the surgery, I had absolutely no signs or symptoms that I ever had the back injury or surgery. Dr. Lehman is a ROCK STAR SUPER HERO!! I would strongly recommend him to anyone and everyone with a back injury. Note he only sees people who need surgery.
Craig S from NY – Aug 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman was wonderful! He saved my back and I am so happy to have found him!
Aug 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman is extremely knowledgeable and was very good at explaining my condition to me and what exactly his proposed surgery would involve. He answered any and all of my questions
Jul 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
The best treatment ever. After three doctors that kept giving me wrong diagnoses, I came to Dr Lehman , he informed me that I needed surgery for my spine . I’m so grateful to him for saving me from two years of pain and getting me back to shape . The BEST care EVER ......
Maribel Ferguson Kerry in Bayside Hills , NY – Jul 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr.Lehman is very kind and caring. Explains everything in a very clear manor. Spends all the amount of time that you need and listens to everything you say. I highly recommend him.
Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lehman Jr?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Lehman Jr

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Lehman Jr treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Lehman Jr treats other conditions, please contact the office at (212) 235-1519.

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Dr. Lehman Jr typically treats 69% more often than similar doctors

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laser Surgery
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Microsurgical Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection

Southern Health PPO
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Oxford Health Plans

We are committed to delivering not only the very best care, but an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient...Read more

Dr. Ronald A. Lehman, Jr. is a nationally recognized expert in the treatment of adult and pediatric spine conditions. He specializes in cervical spine,...Read more

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery