Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD

Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |

Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Read his story

ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

51 W 51st St Ste 370

New York, NY 10019

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Lehman Jr

Video

See how frequently Dr. Lehman Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Scoliosis
Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Bursitis

Dr. Lehman Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Lehman Jr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lehman Jr "Dr. Ronald A. Lehman, Jr. is a nationally recognized expert in the treatment of adult and pediatric spine conditions. He specializes in cervical spine, cervical disc arthroplasty/replacement, myelopathy and radiculopathy, as well as pediatric and adult spinal deformities including scoliosis, kyphosis, revision spinal surgeries and minimally invasive (MIS) applications for deformity surgery. Dr. Lehman also focuses on Minimally Invasive Spine surgery (MIS) of the cervical and lumbar spine, and spinal tumors/cancer of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine"

This content was provided by Dr. Lehman Jr "We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person. "

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Degenerative Scoliosis
  • Degenerative Spine Disorders
  • Gout
  • Kyphosis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lordosis
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Pain

• Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Total Disc Replacement

No malpractice history found for New York.

• United States Military Academy
  • Walter Reed Army Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Barnes-Jewish Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Lehman Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lehman Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lehman Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2018 Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement

View Ratings

Dr. Lehman Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lehman Jr to family and friends
Dr. Lehman Jr's Performance
in New York, NY |
Dr. Lehman operated on spine on October 17, 2017 and the results are amazing. He is a very compassionate person, very thorough, informative and patient and an amazing surgeon., my results speak for themselves. Dr. Lehman was highly recommended and he proved that he is deserving of all the praise he receives. The best advice I can give anyone looking for a spinal surgeon, do not go anywhere else, Dr. Lehman is the best!
in NJ |
I would recommend Dr. Lehman to ANYONE who asks me. Dr. Lehman has literally changed my life. I went from lying in bed all day due to pain to now walking 2 miles. I wasn't able to walk half a block due to pain. I will be forever grateful.
in New York, NY |
From my very first visit with Dr. Lehman I knew that he was the right person to perform my delicate procedure (spinal fusion). Words can not adequately express the gratitude that I have based upon my results thus far. However, I must say that I am extremely satisfied with the progress that I have made since my surgical procedure (5 months ago) and for the first time in many years, I do not feel lingering discomfort in my lower back area. Thanks Dr. Lehman!
Its hard to get an appointment with the doc. The staff with the doc's office is very rude and unprofessional. They show no empathy towards a patient. I would rate the staff at zero but unfortunately its not an option. Left numerous msgs and emails to the doc and his staff and not one bothers to get back to you. Pointed it to the doc but he dismissed my concern. when it comes to taking the fees the charge our insurance, when it comes to customer satisfaction below avg.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Lehman is always warm, professional, and extremely knowledgeable. After years of struggling with lower back pain, and eventually difficulty walking, I was able to lower my odi score from 48 to 0 and resume normal life pain free.
in Rockville Centre, NY |
Dr. Lehman and his team are most professional group of doctors, nurses, NP's, that I have ever experienced. The care the staff at the Allen Hospital was the best experience I have ever had at a hospital from valet parking to even the cleaning staff had a smile on their faces. My spine procedure was everything Dr Leman told it would be, and I cannot be happier with the results, it been years with dealing with pain and now it’s great to start to get my life back to normal again.
in New York, NY |
No other doctor gave me the options in treatment of my pain that Dr Lehman did! His confidence and knowledge were immediately apparent and I felt completely at ease with him and his staff. I cannot recommend him highly enough!
in New York, NY |
I spent 4 years working w/a personal trainer, physical therapist, physiatrist & chiropractor while managing my pain --prescription patches/lotions, ice/heat, injections, facet blocks & epidurals. I also underwent Radio Frequency Neurolysis and had immediate relief for a short period of time. I chose to have level one fusion surgery a year ago and my life has been RECLAIMED.. My only regret is that I waited so long t. Dr. Lehman and his team are extraordinary and have gifted me with my life back!
in Manassas, VA |
Dr. Lehman is the best, both professional and kind, top in knowledge, skill, and the latest equipment. He takes the time to listen and answer questions. I was in horrible shape and in pain. I don't believe I could have found a better doctor. Nine hour surgery, old hardware removed, three discs removed and fused, 16 screws and two rods installed. A year later and I'm very pleased with the results, able to stand without pain, in much better shape, and optimistic. Thanks Dr. Lehman!
in Northport, NY |
I found Dr. Lehman and his team to be the most professional group of doctors, NP's, nurses, anesthesioligists that I have ever experienced. My spine procedure was everything I was told it would be and I cannot be happier with the results. I have heard from many, many people, whatever you do don't have spine surgery. I am only sorry that I hadn't met Dr. Lehman years ago; I could have avoided years of suffering.
Fair Haven, NJ |
Gave me my life back! Incredible doctor and person. Truly a professional with tremendous bedside manner and commitment to excellence! Highly recommend if you are in pain, this is the dr to see!
in NY, NY |
My debilitating pain is gone and my experiences with everyone affiliated with Dr. Lehman has been not only professional, but pleasant as well. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Bronx, NY |
The entire experience with Dr. Lehman and his staff was excellent. From the first appointment through the surgery and recovery, everyone was supportive, available and so helpful. They made a scary situation manageable. I would highly recommend Dr. Lehman. His skill and bedside manner is fantastic.
Bronx, NY |
By far the best decision I made. I am a relatively active person that lost the ability to workout. That is to dr Lehman and his team I am on my way to being fully functional and resuming my activities. If you have a back issue I highly recommen you make an appointment
Bronx, NY |
Dr. Lehman quickly and accurately diagnosed my issues, came up with a plan of action and performed a complex surgery to correct what was a botched prior operation. I only wish I'd come here the first time, it's been years since anything has lessened my pain and I feel as if I'm finally on the road to an improved quality of life. Thank you.
Bronx, NY |
It was great experience all around
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Ronald A. Lehman Jr combines knowledge, skill, integrity, and conservatism with excellent communication, patient education, kindness and humor. I have a rare bone condition and would recommend him with no reservations. After spinal surgery, all symptoms resolved. Dr. Lehman has two spine nurses working with him: Delaney and Christine. They embody the best of their profession: knowledge, patience and friendliness, key to successful outcomes. The Allen is fortunate to have Dr. Lehman's team!
Caldwell, NJ |
I have recommended Dr. Lehman to many friends, who saw my extraordinary recovery from sciatica, caused by a protruding calcified disc, and spinal stenosis. I was in very bad shape before the microdecompression surgery, and had to give up a job that I had just started. Now I am completely pain-free. My only disappointment is not with Dr. Lehman, but with the way the practice is run. I came in for a follow-up appointment last week. After waiting an hour and a quarter, I gave up and left.
New York, NY |
Dr Lehman and his staff are professional and courteous. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone needing spinal surgery. When I came to see Dr Lehman I could not even walk from a hurniated disc, within one week of surgery I was walking pain free and returning to my normal routine.
Bronx, NY |
I would (and have) recommended dr. Lehman. He listens, and explains everything so you understand what's happening.
in New York, NY |
Due to stenosis in 3 lumbar areas I had been suffering with severe cramping in my leg for weeks. After meeting with 4 surgeons I felt Dr. Lehman was the most skilled and chose him to do the surgery. My quality of life is greatly improved and I will be forever thankful. His staff including Jessica, Christine, Delaney and Kristen were all caring and very attentive. He should be extremely proud of his expertise, conscientiousness and total dedication to his patients and staff. Thanks, Alan Heidt
Bronx, NY |
He is highly skilled in his field and he has changed my life for the better.
in In |
I'm a 30 year old farmer from the Midwest, I've been dealing with major back problems for a long time. I had surgery locally and it was a failure. I was told full disability was my only option. I found doctor lehman and he gave me a chance to get back to work. I'm 6 months out from surgery now and I'm back driving heavy equipment and farm equipment and don't have the debilitating back issues I had 6 months ago. I highly recommend.
in Kingston, NY |
Dr Lehman and his staff were truly the most professional and compassionate medical team one could ask for !!! In my opinion you will find none better !
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Lehman and his staff are incredibly knowledgeable, kind and approachable. I feel confident in their care. I would recommend them to anyone.
in Nesconset, NY |
Dr. Lehman jr and his staff are the most remarkable group of people I could've ever met. Dr. Lehman's skill level in his profession is every bit of 100% if not more which makes him a total master doctor. He also has a bedside manor that should be bottled and sold to all doctors. He is all and all the greatest surgeon I've had the pleasure of using for my back surgery. The first back surgery I had was a complete failure and so was that doctor and his staff along with the hospital.
in Weston, CT |
Dr Lehman and his staff have been such an easy, professional experience for me. I've known known I needed a spinal fusion for over 5 years and I'm so glad I waited to find the right Dr., Dr Lehman....
New York, NY |
Dr Lehman is professional, thorough and excellent at his care. He performed my discetomy and the care and results were life changing. Dr. Lehman and his staff are professional, friendly and go above in the care they provide. I would recommend Dr. Lehman to family and friends as I know they would be provided with exemplary care.
New York, NY |
No more pain! Caring, superbly competent. The whole operation, including spine hospital staff was excellent.
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
Our son broke his neck, had surgery and developed complications from that surgery. Dr. Lehman took on what seemed to be the impossible task of trying to fix those complications. He spent countless hours planning our son's surgery. Only when he was satisfied that he covered every possible scenario of how to fix our son, Dr. Lehman took him to the OR and did just that. Our son is back playing the sports that he loves. Dr. Lehman is a gifted surgeon with an amazing bedside manner!
in Commack NY |
I would recommend Dr. Lehman to anyone in need of his services. It wasn't until I found my way to Dr. Lehman that I had any level of confidence that what I was being told was true, that what needed to be done was necessary and that my condition would be remedied. I wasted a lot of time and money before finding Dr. Lehman. Trust in your surgeon is vitally important especially with spine surgery. If I had found him right out of the gate, I would have been pain free 6 months earlier. Ed Debus
Ohio |
Doctor Lehman and his staff are top notch!! He corrected what other doctors couldn't do! He changed my life! I no longer walk hunched over!! I have the best posture of my life! I recommend Dr. Lehman highly! Easy to talk to also!!
in Delaware |
I had very extensive posterior spine surgery on December 28th, 2016 by Dr. Lehman--after failed lumbar decompression in October, 2016 by a different provider at a major medical center in the Midwest. As a physician myself, I am a critical judge of other physicians. Dr. Lehman is a wonderful surgeon; he has outstanding judgement, technique and excellent rapport with his patients. His staff was also very responsive and Delaney Lowman, his nurse was amazing to deal with all my questions.
in Glen Ridge, NJ |
I had a lower back stenosis with severe pain from my calf to my butt. I also lost leg strength and couldn’t push up one stair. Dr. Lehman performed a decompression surgery & I am now 100% pain free and can now scale several flights of stairs and am continuing to improve. Dr Lehman’s entire staff (Assistants, PAs, Fellows, Nurses) were incredibly helpful, patient and accessible for guidance and questions at all times, which was a blessing during my pre-surgery and recovery. Much Thanks
in Port Chester, NY |
My sixties have been marred with back pain to the point that after every activity I participated in ended with severe pain. My Pain Management Dr. from NY Presbyterian ,Dr. Smith, recommended Dr. Lehman. It was a life changing recommendation. My surgery was 1/3/17. On 1/4/17 every pain I felt for seven years disappeared. Six weeks later I am enternally grateful for the work of Dr. Lehman and his wonderful team. They are the most professional and caring medical crew . Dr. Lehman is the best!
in New York, NY |
I cannot say enough about the quality of my experience with Dr. Lehman. Somehow my previous rating was posted with one star. This is a 5-star doctor and I had a 5-star experience!
in New York, NY |
I went to see Dr. Lehman for a surgical consult; I had a badly herniated lumbar disc. I found him to be patient, willing and able to answer all questions, and--most important--not pushy at all about whether or not I should have surgery. He suggested having another MRI in a month's time and coming back--at that point it was clear that my herniation had worsened and that surgery was my best option. All was set up in no time flat--and at my convenience. My whole family found him reassuring.
in Modiin, Israel |
Dr Lehman is what may be called a doctor's doctor. I consulted him on severe spinal problem, and he helped me go through the process from surgeon to patient, and back again. He was available, listening and understanding, provided me with a brilliant surgical solution that solved my pain.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Lehman is a considerate, intelligent, thorough professional. I trust him implicitly. I have always felt well taken care of in a very supportive way. I would recommend him and his staff without hesitation. Thank you doctor.
in New York, NY |
I never thought in my entire life that the simple task of walking would change my life forever. But it did, until I met Dr. Lehman Jr. His expertise and delicate hands brought me back to walking without pain, and even though I work at NY-Presbyterian Hospital, I searched all over Manhattan for a surgeon who is an expert in the field of scoliosis , but came right back to NYP once I heard about Dr. Lehman, Jr. I went from an unhappy, handicap person, to a strong and very happy pain free person.
Camden, CMD |
I had a great experience with Dr Lehman and his staff. On reviewing my MRI and xrays Dr Lehman said I was a candidate for surgery. After reviewi the treatment options he suggested a minimally invasive spine procedure to be performed at the Allen Hospital in the next several weeks. Dr Lehman answered all my questions. His staff was readily available. The intake and surgery process went smoothly and effectively. I was home the next day and walking further than I had in years without pain.
in New York, NY |
I had excruciating pain due to a herniated disk pinching on my nerve. It was so difficult to dress, bathe, walk, etc... I saw Dr. Lehman and I had a great feeling about him immediately. He scheduled me for surgery within a week from seeing him. I felt instant relief after surgery. It's been almost 2 months now and I feel better than ever. Dr. Lehman is fantastic! At my follow up appointment I called him a God. He is truly the very best at what he does and I will recommend him to anyone.
in Haverford, PA |
in addition to being technically a superior surgeon, Dr Lehman spent plenty of time with me explaining in layman's terms what all of my issues were. He is also the most punctual Doctor I have ever had. As well, his staff is outstanding. My experience at every level could not have been better. I am blessed to have Dr. Lehman and his team work on me. THANK YOU!
in Paramus, NJ |
I was suffering from pain that radiated across my back, through my shoulder, and down my arm to my elbow. I visited several qualified physicians who could not appropriately diagnose the source of my pain. Bottom line, after suffering for 4 months, my frustration was at an all-time high. Once I met Dr. Lehman, diagnosis, surgery and pain was gone in a total in 30 days! I wish I had more characters on this review to share the whole story.......it was VERY professional and satisfying
in Merrick, NY |
I can not say enough wonderful things about Dr. Ronald Lehman and his amazing team! From the very moment I met him, his nurses Christine Boston and Delaney Lowman and his assistant Kristen Mitchell I knew or should I say I had a feeling I was going to be alright and taken very good care of! They not only took care of me but they also made sure my husband and daughters were taken care of! Updated from moment to moment during my 4 hour surgery. The nurses at the Allen hospital were THE BEST!
in Walden, NY |
Awesome doctor very thorough Great bedside manner And a pleasure to speak with
in Astoria, NY |
I consulted with 3 highly regarded surgeons for my spinal stenosis problem. Dr. Lehman recommended the least traumatic way of fixing my problem. He was extremely patient with my probing medical questions on the surgery and prognosis. Dr. Lehman uses state-of-the-art equipment in a hospital with operating rooms specifically designed for spinal surgery. At my 6 wk post-op visit I was already feeling fine, with minimal back pain; the surgery successfully fixed my problem. I highly recommend Dr. L.
in Muscle Shoals, AL |
I already have recommended Dr. Lehman to others. I have scoliosis and had seen a neurosurgeon near where I live and ended up worse than before. After seeing Dr. Lehman and deciding to go ahead with my fusion surgery of L4-L5, L5-S1 not only did he correct the problem I was having he corrected and stabilized the mistake made by my previous surgeon. He did an fantastic job and his staff and nurses Christine Boston and Delaney Lowman are top notch!
in Arlington, VA |
First of all, Dr. Lehman is a miracle man. I awoke in the recovery room and all of the pain for which I had the operation was gone. And I have been able to get back to normal quickly and easily--hardly any post-operative limitations. Dr. Lehman is also easy to be with. Patient, friendly, understanding, willing to accommodate, etc
in NY |
I can't say enough. When other doctors were skeptical about treating me, Dr. Lehman was confident even though my condition was rare. His technique was genius. The other surgeons I went to had totally different methods and gave me a 50/50 chance of success . Dr. Lehman knew what he was doing and again, I can't say enough. His staff was equally as impressive. The level of care b and follow ups I received shows the genuine character of everyone on his team.
Have you seen Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Lehman Jr?

Hospitals where Dr. Lehman Jr has admitting privileges

NewYork-Presbyterian/The Allen Hospital
5141 Broadway
New York, NY 10034

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Lehman Jr at ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist