Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD

Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  ·

Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 14 years. He specializes in orthopedic spine surgery and orthopedic surgery.Read his story

ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

Dr. Lehman Jr's Top Procedures and Conditions

Herniated Disc Surgery

Dr. Lehman Jr performs Herniated Disc Surgery more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Lehman Jr performs this procedure more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Anterior Cervical Discectomy With Fusion
  • Lumbar Microdiscectomy
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Percutaneous Discectomy
  • Spinal Discectomy

Dr. Lehman Jr performs Resection or Ablation of Bone Tumor, Partial or Complete Resection of Bone, Debridement of Bone more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Lehman Jr performs this procedure more than 92% of his peers

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphosis
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laser Surgery
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery
  • Microsurgical Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Pain
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Surgery, Robotic Assisted
  • Total Disc Replacement

We are committed to delivering not only the very best care, but an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient and spine condition specific.  By performing every operation of the spine, Dr. Lehman is ade...

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

96.99248120300751%

Dr. Lehman Jr?
Dr. Lehman Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD
I was in constant pain in both my neck and back. After meeting Dr. Lehman and his staff for the first time, I knew i was in the right place. Dr. Lehman listened to more problems and recommended the best course of action to take. He explained the pros and cons of the surgery, and what I can expect in my recovery. Dr. Lehman did 4 levels in my neck and the following year did 3 levels in my back. It’s now been a little over a year since my neck surgery and I am pain free. My back surgery was 4 months ago and even the physical therapist I use is surprised with how well I am moving. I can’t thank Dr. Lehman enough for the great job he did on both surgeries.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I can’t speak more highly of Dr. Lehman and his team. They gave me the confidence I needed to move forward with surgery and I can’t thank them enough. I could barely stand 10 minutes before the surgery and was able to walk out of the hospital that night.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman saved my life! I feel so fortunate that I qualified for surgery with him. I am doing very well, two and a half years post surgery. No pain. Everything went so well. I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Lehman. He spends time, answers questions. The staff is also very responsive and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I am a physician and an x-faculty of New York/ Presbyterian. I saw Dr Lehman when he was highly recommended by my daughter in law who is a faculty of NYPresbyterian. After my first failed surgery on the cervical spine in Connecticut I developed severe complication. Dr Lehman was able to see me right away and thoroughly went over my history, gathered all the reports and charts and saw me three times. After going over the case with me in great details and then discussing with his colleagues he decided to operate on me successfully. His whole team and himself are very detailed, professional and yet down to earth. Office is always organized with minimal wait. I will refer my own patients with spine problems to him any day. His team staff Christine, Joy, Eric and more are alway more than willing to help and make patients feel at ease.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
On my first meeting with Dr Lehman, he was informative, clear and precise about my condition and the procedure he would do to correct my condition. The results from the surgery only 2 weeks ago so far, are amazing. Now my hopes are, that the nerve damage will correct itself in time and my quality of life will return as it was, prior to my problem and surgery. Further, I would like thank Dr Lehman's staff, specifically Christine and Tarren for my pre and post surgery care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Having worked in healthcare for more than 2 decades, I appreciated the time, effort spent in addressing my concerns and needs. Dr Lehman thoroughly explained my diagnosis and treatment options. The entire process from scheduling my appointment, testing and finally surgery was as easy as can be expected. I was kept informed throughout the process and at no time felt out of the loop. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I had not been able to walk for more than 50 feet without a cane for 13 weeks. The pain from my radiculopathy (pinched nerve) on my left leg was excrutiating. I had constant tingling and muscle spasms on the back of my thigh, my calves and my foot. Infiltrations had not worked. Right after the surgery I was taken for a walk in the OR and discovered that the pain in my leg was gone! I was discharged that day. Five days post-op I am still pain free and can walk freely. The back pain is minimal
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Doctor Lehman’s expertise and guidance finally turned around my back condition and gave me a bright outlook for my future for the first time in my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
After months of misery, injections, drugs and numerous surgeons for opinions that were too eager to schedule me for surgery before I was ready. Dr. Lehman was the only surgeon I saw that took his time to explain what was causing my back pain and explained the surgery clearly. His nurses and staff were amazing, they helped me through all my concerns and questions before & after the surgery. My 24/7 back and leg pain are all gone after the surgery. I finally have my life back. Thank you Dr. Lehman
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
The experience that I have had with the physician and his practice has been incredible. From before deciding on surgery through my recovery nothing is too much for this group. The Spine Hospital has provided me with superior care and made me feel comfortable with my decision to have surgery. The surgery has made my everyday life almost normal and I expect the results to continue to make me happy with my decisions all along the way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman is an excellent doctor who thoroughly goes through your medical conditions and provides a gameplan moving forward that’s best for you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
After a bad result from a spinal fusion done by another surgeon, I came to Dr. Lehman with little hope and low expectations. Two years later I can honestly say visiting him was a life changing decision. Dr. Lehman performed a second fusion with more substantial hardware and two years out I’m off pain killers and pain free. After 6 years of pain, I finally feel like myself again. Thank you, Dr. Lehman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman, is extremely curteous and professional. He took the time to explain the upcoming surgical procedure in explicit detail. He answered all of my questions and put my fears at sase.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman performed surgery on me with Dr. Vitale and I can't say enough great things about both of them. They both explained everything very clearly and made it very easy for me. They knew what they needed to do and it was successful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
When I began the process of looking for a surgeon, Dr Lehman was the first I visited with. After the initial consultation I knew I came to the right man. I didn’t bother with a second opinion. He did the surgery Aug 30th, it is now Oct 8th and I am feeling better every day. All the pain I had before the surgery is completely gone! I can’t tell you the relief I feel, I simply do not have the words. He gave me my life, myself back. I am so very appreciative of Dr. Lehman and his wonderful staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman is a very empathetic and caring physician who takes the time to explain your condition and consider all options before recommending surgery. He is incredibly skilled, and I would trust him treat my spouse or family any day. You will not regret setting up an appointment with this great physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I came to see Dr. Lehman due to my scoliosis and from the start he helped me feel relaxed and confident in getting the surgery. My family and I felt very comfortable around Dr. Lehman. During my three day stay in the hospital, the doctor checked up on me as frequently as he could and helped us stay updated. Overall, my experience and recovery has been amazing and I would definitely recommend Dr. Lehman to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I had a lot of pain before surgery. I couldn’t stand up or walk, my quality of life was poor. After my surgery my pain wasn’t there anymore, I could stand up longer and walk further. Dr. Lehman explained what he was going to do and answered my questions, he told me the risk and outcomes so I was aware. I’m really happy with the surgery, it changed my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Upon diagnosis of my ruptured disc, I was referred to Dr Lehman. As a New Yorker, I had the opportunity to choose from the best and made the right decision. Dr Lehman is an excellent physician, his nurses are always available to answer questions preceding and post-surgery. The Daniel and Jane Och Spine Hospital is a state of the art pristine facility. The surgery nurses are wonderful. My discectomy was a success. I had the best care from beginning to end. Many thanks to Dr Lehman and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
He clearly explained every5ing to me. It was definitely the right decision, I had pain for the last 5 years. After the surgery I have improved better and better. I definitely recommend Dr Lehman is others.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Lehman Jr?

Insurance accepted

Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Oxford Health Plans

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lehman Jr treats patients.

Compare Providers