Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 48

Telehealth services available

Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 15 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic spine surgery.

ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lehman Jr

Dr. Lehman Jr?
Dr. Lehman Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD
Great surgeon and great care! Pain is gone and if i or anyone else i know ever needs a back surgeon, Dr lehman is my number 1 recommendation.
Graham M. – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Doctor Lehman and his team is extremely thoughtful and caring. From his office staff Jivana, who has been so accommodating to squeezing me into Dr Lehman's schedule to his clinic team, Christina, Joy, and Derrick, who were so patient with all my questions and concerns. Most of all Dr Lehman is the most caring surgeon I've met. I've seen several other surgeon for opinion before finally finding him and I have to say he is on a whole different level. I felt so comfortable speaking to him and he was really clear with explaining to me what my issues were and what surgical and non-surgical routes I can take. Most importantly he made me feel I was in control and made sure the decision to proceed with surgery was mutual. I've never been better since the surgery and I really cant express how truly thankful it is to be under his care.
D. B. from NJ – Apr 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman was great, he made me feel very confident and fearful of doing surgery on my spine. him and his team were exceptional. My procedure was a success and worry free. Thanks to Dr. Lehman I am no longer in pain. He was very nice and professional through the entire process. i really got the best care under Dr. Lehman.
Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
After visiting many doctors I found my way to Dr. Lehman. After an initial consultation and follow up I felt that Dr. Lehman explained what was happening with my back, was very empathetic of my situation and how he could help me. I moved forward with a TLIF of levels L4/L5 L5/S1 in February 2019. Fast forward to Feb 2020 and I feel 25 years younger and back to normal activities. Dr. Lehman and his team are incredible. Everything from pre surgery to post and in between was handled with care and understanding and the results speak for themself! I highly recommend Dr Lehman and his team.
Mitch – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Never would I have ever wish to have spine surgery, but I'm so glad to be under Dr. Lehman's care. The anxiety, panic and questions were overwhelming. I cannot thank Dr. Lehman and his team enough for how well they took care of me. My surgery was beyond my expectation. I woke up from and the leg and back pain that was plaguing me for the last year was completely gone. I still have a little numbness, but that infinitely better than how it was before my surgery. I can begin to tell you have great it feels to be able to go outside without having to carry around a bottle of pain killers. Thank you so much Dr. Lehman and team!!!!!
MT – Feb 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman and his team: NP Tarren, Nurse Christine and the rest of this team, were very competent and caring. They cared for my teenage son who was suffering from severely herniated due to a wrestling injury. We recommend this surgeon 100%.
Juliza Wylie – Jan 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman is an expert spinal surgeon and clinician backed by an excellent team. My surgery went perfectly and my condition is greatly improved. I also received excellent care at The Allen Hospital. I highly recommend Dr. Lehman for diagnosis and treatment.
Rebecca S. – Jan 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I had surgery with Dr. Lehman 3 years ago to correct my scoliosis. Looking back I wish I saw Dr. Lehman earlier. Before my surgery I had so much low back pain and the sciatic pain down my legs was unbearable. I had tried everything from physical therapy to injections, nothing worked. His surgery really helped me so much. The leg and back pain is gone and my posture is so much better. I really have to thank him and his team for taking care of me. He came by to see me everyday and night, and his nurses were extremely helpful. 10 out of 10 would recommend Dr. Lehman.
S.B. – Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman is really amazing! I found Dr. Lehman through my neighbor who Dr. Lehman did surgery on his back with amazing result. I had so much back pain that I couldn't go anywhere or do anything. I was miserable. I can't believe the result from my fusion surgery on my back. Completely pain free now and able to do everything that I wanted to do before. I am so thankful of Dr. Lehman and his team. They took care of me every step of the way, from before to after the surgery, I always felt like I had someone guiding me. I highly recommend Dr. Lehman.
Charles K. – Dec 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I can honestly say Dr. Lehman changed my whole life. I could barely walk, I was in so much pain. And now I have been pain-free for over a year. Dr. Lehman was kind and explained everything very thoroughly; I always felt like I was in very good hands with him. And when there was a post-surgical complication, he went the extra mile, coming back (I think) from vacation to perform a second surgery. I can't recommend him and his staff enough.
Noam – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I had microdiscectomy surgery with Dr. Lehman. He and his team were very professional and attentive and the results have been excellent.
Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
My experience with Dr. Lehman has been really great. The support of his team has been extremely helpful for me throughout my journey. When you’re experiencing chronic pain the isolation of it all can be very challenging. Having this group of experts as a panel for support has instramental with my recovery.
New York, NY – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I had a very bad herniated disk that popped out and then went up behind the vertibrea pushing hard on my spinal cord.a I had been to several doctors before Dr. Lehman and they all agreed I needed surgery including a laminectomy and fusion, but Dr. Lehman felt I needed a much more basic surgery, only a decompression and diskectomy. Dr. Lehman performed the surgery on April 2, 2019. I entered the hospital hobbling on a cane, and the very same day I walked out holding my cane over my head in triumph. Three months later I was doing everything normally, running and doing weights at the guy. By the way, I'm 60 years old and they say it takes older people longer to heal but I thought I did just fine. By 4 months after the surgery, I had absolutely no signs or symptoms that I ever had the back injury or surgery. Dr. Lehman is a ROCK STAR SUPER HERO!! I would strongly recommend him to anyone and everyone with a back injury. Note he only sees people who need surgery.
Craig S from NY – Aug 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman was wonderful! He saved my back and I am so happy to have found him!
Aug 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr. Lehman is extremely knowledgeable and was very good at explaining my condition to me and what exactly his proposed surgery would involve. He answered any and all of my questions
Jul 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
The best treatment ever. After three doctors that kept giving me wrong diagnoses, I came to Dr Lehman , he informed me that I needed surgery for my spine . I’m so grateful to him for saving me from two years of pain and getting me back to shape . The BEST care EVER ......
Maribel Ferguson Kerry in Bayside Hills , NY – Jul 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Dr.Lehman is very kind and caring. Explains everything in a very clear manor. Spends all the amount of time that you need and listens to everything you say. I highly recommend him.
Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
All of my experiences with Dr. Lehman have exceeded any expectations! I was truly impressed with his ability to properly set and manage expectations. His skill and bedside manner in the OR and during the post-operative phase were exceptionally well. Not only would I recommend Dr. Lehman but already have through various support groups on social media.
John Bauder in New York, NY – Jun 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
Very professional and good care. Spine Hospital (Allen) offered great accommodation incl. spouse. Dr Lehman performed C5/C7 ACDF surgery with subsequent pain relief in shoulder/neck entirely. Quick recovery period with minor side-effects (swallowing). Great staff.
Marc Bruening, PhD in Hartsdale, NY – Jun 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?
I came to dr Lehman in a lot of pain after trying conservative therapy for a bad herniation. Ever since he treated me my quality of life has improved drastically, I am able to do everything that I could ever want to now. I would highly recommend Dr. Lehman to anyone who is looking for a physician who truly cares about their wellbeing and quality of life!
Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ronald Lehman Jr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lehman Jr?

Dr. Lehman Jr accepts

Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Oxford Health Plans

No malpractice claims found for New York

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.

Typically treats 69% more than their peers

Dr. Lehman Jr's Top Procedures and Conditions

Herniated Disc Surgery

Dr. Lehman Jr performs Herniated Disc Surgery more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Lehman Jr performs this procedure more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Anterior Cervical Discectomy With Fusion
  • Spinal Discectomy
Osteoarthritis of Spine

Dr. Lehman Jr treats Osteoarthritis of Spine more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Lehman Jr treats this condition more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Lehman Jr performs Resection or Ablation of Bone Tumor, Partial or Complete Resection of Bone, Debridement of Bone more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Lehman Jr performs this procedure more than 92% of his peers

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laser Surgery
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Microsurgical Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Surgery, Robotic Assisted
  • Total Disc Replacement

We are committed to delivering not only the very best care, but an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient and spine condition specific.  By performing every operation of the spine, Dr. Lehman is ade...

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

2005
Barnes - Jewish Hospital

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lehman Jr treats patients.

NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center