Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Ronald Karzel, MD
Dr. Ronald Karzel, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Thousand Oaks, CA. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Karzel is affiliated with Valley Presbyterian Hospital and Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital.

375 Rolling Oaks Dr Ste 210

Thousand Oaks, CA 91361

Dr. Ronald Karzel, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Karzel

At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world.

Dr. Karzel's Experience

Dr. Karzel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

• Sports Medicine

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*
  • Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

No malpractice history found for California.

• Yale University
  • Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Southern California Orthopedic Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Karzel has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Karzel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Karzel to family and friends
Dr. Karzel's Performance
in Santa Clarita Ca |
Dr Karzel is excellent! He has taken care of my shoulder and now my knee. He is very caring and responds to all questions asked very timely. I would revomend him to everyone!!!!
in Lancaster, CA |
Dr. Karzel is very thorough in his assessment and explained each step and my options. I'm only 2 weeks out from surgery and doing much better than I was expecting by this time. I would be happy to recommend him and his staff to anyone in need of shoulder surgery.
in Porterville, CA |
Very satisfied with the out-come of the shoulder surgery everyone is very helpful and informative.
in Valencia, CA |
Dr. Karzel is an excellent surgeon and just as important, he truly cares. He has always taken the time to explain, in terms I could understand, what is going on within my body and what my options are for addressing the problem. I highly recommend him to anyone suffering with an orthopedic type injury.
in Newhall, CA |
Dr. Karzel rates a 10 out of 10 with me. Not only is he, in my opinion, an outstanding surgeon, but he may well be the most caring and personable physician I've ever come across. He makes time for his patients, answers any & all questions one might ask, and wears a smile on his face that validates his indisputable passion for his profession. It's very clear that Dr. Karzel genuinely cares about people. A notable attribute rare among physicians; Dr. Karzel shakes hands firmly like man should
Los Angeles, CA |
Very thorough and answers every question in depth so the patient can understand everything
in Valencia, CA |
Dr. Karzel and the entire SCOI team operate like a well-oiled machine. So glad I chose them for my shoulder surgery!
Rosamond, CA |
This is been the absolute best surgical experience I have ever had in my lifetime. Dr Karzel and his supporting staff have been amazing. I was kept informed of what to expect thru health loop and the daily emails from him were extremely helpful. I highly recommend him and his staff if you need surgery.
in Valencia, CA |
Dr. Karzel is an excellent orthopedic doctor. This was my 3rd knee surgery performed by Dr. Karzel. 1st surgery was for ACL replacement with my patella tendon and second 2 surgeries were for menis custom tear repairs. Dr. Karzel explaains all procedures and available treatments completely and has an extremely friendly personality. I Highly recommend Dr. Karzel!
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr Karzel and his staff eased all my concerns. Dealing with the constant nightmare bureaucracy of workers compensation makes you appreciate the top notch care I received from Dr. Karzel and his staff. As far as surgery, I questioned whether or not I had a procedure done because I didn't have any pain. Is that even possible? It was with Dr. Karzel. I feel so privileged to have had him work on me. Thank you!!!!
in Palmdale, CA |
Excelkent caring Doctor andstaff! Referred to this office by a worker comp. physical therapist. Will be the one I continue seeing to take care of my knees long after this is over.
Porterville, CA |
If I ever have surgery again, I will definitely go with Dr. K. His team is amazing! They were very professional, caring, and always ready to help with any little thing. Also, I loved the patient resources online. Thanks Dr. K. :)
in Palmdale, CA |
One of if not the best doctors I have encountered throughout my life. Professional, caring, intelligent, and do much more.
in Saugus, Ca |
Dr Karzel is amazing. Everything from start to finish went exactly as discussed. I had no surprises at all. All the staff was amazing as well. I highly recommend Dr Karzel.
in Santa Clarita, CA |
I went to Dr. Karzel for a injury to my shoulder. He is very informative and explains treatment options. He spends time with you and answers any questions. He performed shoulder arthoscopy surgery and repaired a torn rotator cuff. Dr. Karzel explained exactly what he was going to do and I never felt like he was rushing thru the exam to get to the next patient. My surgery went well and I am on the road to recovery. I would highly recommend Dr Karzel.
Lancaster, CA |
Everything that Dr Karzel told me what would happen happened. so I was very well informed there were no surprises and I would happily recommend him to anyone
in Palmdale, CA |
Dr Karzel is awesome, very nice great facility and his staff is great too. Surgery was very comfortable very little pain, which is expected. Great experience with Dr.
Porterville, CA |
He is an amazing doctor.
in Santa Clarita, CA |
My experience with dr karzel has been outstanding! Recommend dr karzel to anyone
in Newhall, CA |
This is my second surgery performed by Dr. Karzel. The first was about 20 months ago on my left shoulder. This one was on the right shoulder. In both cases I had little pain after the first day or so. The left arm is still functioning well and I have had few problems with it. I am right handed,so it hadn't been relied upon until the right shoulder was operated on. I am using it much more right now and am very happy with the results other than a general lack of coordination which has always been
Castaic, CA |
Very comprehensive on his exams. He spends a lot of time with you. Answers all your questions. Very personable. I would definitely go back to him.
in Valencia, CA |
Dr Karzel is the best surgeon and for that matter physician experience I have ever had ( and I am a registered nurse). Firstly, he is the kindest, most considerate physician I have ever had treatment from. He took great time to review my MRI slice by slice, and carefully explain the unusual condition I had, which was a knee tumor. Secondly, his confidence and great knowledge put any anxieties I had about my condition and upcoming surgery to rest. He even videoed and narrated my surgery for me!
Acton, CA |
Doctor Karzel was able to properly diagnose me after seeing other doctors who misdiagnosed me. The surgery was a success and I could not be happier.
in Indio, CA |
Gentle kind conservative but good surgical recommendations
in Bakersfield, CA |
Dr. Karzel is a very caring and nice man.His entire staff are very friendly and kind.
in Pearblossom, CA |
Extremely professional, personable and confidence inspiring. His office staff is equally professional, courteous and personable. Best experience I've ever had with a medical professional and staff.
in North Hollywood, CA |
One of the most competent and friendly doctors I've ever met. He performed arthroscopic surgery on my right shoulder in 2004 to repair a torn labrum and rotator cuff. Recovery and rehab were just as he forecast, and I returned to full activity within a year with nearly 100% range of motion. He recently repaired a torn meniscus in my right knee, and again did an outstanding job. Just a great doctor and a great surgeon, working at the peak of his powers. I highly recommend him.
Santa Clarita, CA |
Dr. Karzel was personable, yet professional. He was very thorough in his explanation of my injury and treatment, making sure I understood all of my options. Dr. Karzel also took as much time as needed to address any concerns and/or questions. In addition, he included my spouse in these conversations to ensure she understood what was needed to assist me in my recovery.
in Santa Clarita,ca |
Dr. Karzel is both professional as well as personable. He helps you feel at ease and knowledgeable with what you are experiencing.
in Lancaster, CA |
Dr. Karzel is awesome! Very professional, knowledgeable, caring, a good listener to your concerns. He has a comforting sense of humor as well. Great doctor!
in Valencia, CA |
I have had the privilege of working with Dr. Karzel as well as being his patient . . . Twice! He and his team are the best there is. From the moment he meets you until your last checkup, you feel he truly cares about you. He is a very educated surgeon and it shows. He has a great way of explaining everything and makes you feel very comfortable.
in San Gabriel, CA |
Professional, Great surgeon, thorough, kind, caring and has a great staff!
in Valencia, CA |
The whole experience was smooth and pain free.
in Newhall, CA |
Dr.Karzel is an amazing Doctor. He is a very busy man because he is the best. I have had 2 surgeries with him and had no problems. He is very thorough in explaining things to you. His bed side manner is awesome, and he definitely knows what he is doing. I would definitely recommend him if you need a great doctor. Great doctors are hard to find.
in Palmdale, CA |
Dr Karzel is knowledgeable and cares about his patients well-being. He takes whatever amount of time is needed to explain, re-assure and inform his patients and their care-givers. Excellent care!
in Canyon Country, CA |
I've know had two knee surgeries with Dr. Karzel . I wouldn't go anywhere else for my orthopedic needs. He is Profesional, with the absolute best knowledge and bed side manner. I love his follow through and really appreciate the after care following surgery.
in Newhall, CA |
The Dr. listens to you and explain in easy terms your condition, what he'll do to correct that, and the approximate results. Hence it makes it easy for the patient to make a decision
in Valencia, CA |
When you meet Dr Karzel you know you are dealing with a specialist in his field. He is very knowledgable and he teaches his patients all about their injury and surgery. I was completely at ease once I met him.
in Lebec, CA |
I had a work injury and saw sent to see Dr.Karzel for knee surgery. He was kind and caring thorough with all my appts consultations and surgery and follow up. He is a very busy doctor, yet he makes time for you and your questions. His staff in Valencia, CA. is very patient friendly and caring and has excellent patient service, from appt.s to call backs scheduling surgery and follow up.I was fearful but he put me at peace and this was all through workman comp.I would recommend him to all.
Have you seen Dr. Ronald Karzel, MD?
Are you Dr. Karzel?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center

Visit Dr. Karzel

Dr. Karzel accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Karzel has admitting privileges