Dr. Ronald Karzel, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Ronald Karzel, MD
Dr. Ronald Karzel, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Thousand Oaks, CA. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Karzel is affiliated with Valley Presbyterian Hospital and Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Karzel's Care Philosophy

At the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, we are dedicated to providing the best possible care available for people of all ages and all walks of life. In addition, we serve as a leading educator of orthopedic surgery technique to surgeons around the world.

Dr. Karzel's Experience

See how Dr. Karzel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Karzel

Dr. Karzel accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Karzel is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Karzel has admitting privileges.

Dr. Karzel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Karzel to family and friends
    Dr. Karzel's Performance
    in Palmdale, CA |
    Excelkent caring Doctor andstaff! Referred to this office by a worker comp. physical therapist. Will be the one I continue seeing to take care of my knees long after this is over.
    Porterville, CA |
    If I ever have surgery again, I will definitely go with Dr. K. His team is amazing! They were very professional, caring, and always ready to help with any little thing. Also, I loved the patient resources online. Thanks Dr. K. :)
    in Palmdale, CA |
    One of if not the best doctors I have encountered throughout my life. Professional, caring, intelligent, and do much more.
    in Saugus, Ca |
    Dr Karzel is amazing. Everything from start to finish went exactly as discussed. I had no surprises at all. All the staff was amazing as well. I highly recommend Dr Karzel.
    in Santa Clarita, CA |
    I went to Dr. Karzel for a injury to my shoulder. He is very informative and explains treatment options. He spends time with you and answers any questions. He performed shoulder arthoscopy surgery and repaired a torn rotator cuff. Dr. Karzel explained exactly what he was going to do and I never felt like he was rushing thru the exam to get to the next patient. My surgery went well and I am on the road to recovery. I would highly recommend Dr Karzel.
    Lancaster, CA |
    Everything that Dr Karzel told me what would happen happened. so I was very well informed there were no surprises and I would happily recommend him to anyone
    in Palmdale, CA |
    Dr Karzel is awesome, very nice great facility and his staff is great too. Surgery was very comfortable very little pain, which is expected. Great experience with Dr.
    Porterville, CA |
    He is an amazing doctor.
    in Canyon Country, CA |
    My meniscus knee surgery was amazing. There was next to no swelling, there was no pain, so as a result, I didn't need to take any pain medication. Instead of icing the knee post surgery, he had a refrigerated cooling machine delivered that attached to a velcro- type wrap-around sleeve. I found this much more convenient than changing iced filled bags continually, and it made it easier to shift positions by not having to re-position an ice pack every time I moved. I highly recommend Dr. Karzel
    in Santa Clarita, CA |
    My experience with dr karzel has been outstanding! Recommend dr karzel to anyone
    in Newhall, CA |
    This is my second surgery performed by Dr. Karzel. The first was about 20 months ago on my left shoulder. This one was on the right shoulder. In both cases I had little pain after the first day or so. The left arm is still functioning well and I have had few problems with it. I am right handed,so it hadn't been relied upon until the right shoulder was operated on. I am using it much more right now and am very happy with the results other than a general lack of coordination which has always been
    Castaic, CA |
    Very comprehensive on his exams. He spends a lot of time with you. Answers all your questions. Very personable. I would definitely go back to him.
    in Valencia, CA |
    Dr Karzel is the best surgeon and for that matter physician experience I have ever had ( and I am a registered nurse). Firstly, he is the kindest, most considerate physician I have ever had treatment from. He took great time to review my MRI slice by slice, and carefully explain the unusual condition I had, which was a knee tumor. Secondly, his confidence and great knowledge put any anxieties I had about my condition and upcoming surgery to rest. He even videoed and narrated my surgery for me!
    Acton, CA |
    Doctor Karzel was able to properly diagnose me after seeing other doctors who misdiagnosed me. The surgery was a success and I could not be happier.
    in Indio, CA |
    Gentle kind conservative but good surgical recommendations
    in Bakersfield, CA |
    Dr. Karzel is a very caring and nice man.His entire staff are very friendly and kind.
    in Pearblossom, CA |
    Extremely professional, personable and confidence inspiring. His office staff is equally professional, courteous and personable. Best experience I've ever had with a medical professional and staff.
    in North Hollywood, CA |
    One of the most competent and friendly doctors I've ever met. He performed arthroscopic surgery on my right shoulder in 2004 to repair a torn labrum and rotator cuff. Recovery and rehab were just as he forecast, and I returned to full activity within a year with nearly 100% range of motion. He recently repaired a torn meniscus in my right knee, and again did an outstanding job. Just a great doctor and a great surgeon, working at the peak of his powers. I highly recommend him.
    Santa Clarita, CA |
    Dr. Karzel was personable, yet professional. He was very thorough in his explanation of my injury and treatment, making sure I understood all of my options. Dr. Karzel also took as much time as needed to address any concerns and/or questions. In addition, he included my spouse in these conversations to ensure she understood what was needed to assist me in my recovery.
    in Santa Clarita,ca |
    Dr. Karzel is both professional as well as personable. He helps you feel at ease and knowledgeable with what you are experiencing.
    in Lancaster, CA |
    Dr. Karzel is awesome! Very professional, knowledgeable, caring, a good listener to your concerns. He has a comforting sense of humor as well. Great doctor!
    in Valencia, CA |
    I have had the privilege of working with Dr. Karzel as well as being his patient . . . Twice! He and his team are the best there is. From the moment he meets you until your last checkup, you feel he truly cares about you. He is a very educated surgeon and it shows. He has a great way of explaining everything and makes you feel very comfortable.
    in Porterville, CA |
    I was nervous at first everyone said shoulder surgery is the most painful surgery you can have, but I had no choice, I was in constant pain all the time anyway. So I tell this, if you EVER need shoulder surgery you must go to Dr. Karzel. He is the best in his chosen profession, I am so blessed I had a wonderful Dr. that referred me to such an excellent surgeon. He is kind, caring and very concerned about patients plus the the fact it didn't hurt as much as everyone said, which was nice.
    in San Gabriel, CA |
    Professional, Great surgeon, thorough, kind, caring and has a great staff!
    in Valencia, CA |
    The whole experience was smooth and pain free.
    in Newhall, CA |
    Dr.Karzel is an amazing Doctor. He is a very busy man because he is the best. I have had 2 surgeries with him and had no problems. He is very thorough in explaining things to you. His bed side manner is awesome, and he definitely knows what he is doing. I would definitely recommend him if you need a great doctor. Great doctors are hard to find.
    in Palmdale, CA |
    Dr Karzel is knowledgeable and cares about his patients well-being. He takes whatever amount of time is needed to explain, re-assure and inform his patients and their care-givers. Excellent care!
    in Canyon Country, CA |
    I've know had two knee surgeries with Dr. Karzel . I wouldn't go anywhere else for my orthopedic needs. He is Profesional, with the absolute best knowledge and bed side manner. I love his follow through and really appreciate the after care following surgery.
    in Newhall, CA |
    The Dr. listens to you and explain in easy terms your condition, what he'll do to correct that, and the approximate results. Hence it makes it easy for the patient to make a decision
    in Valencia, CA |
    When you meet Dr Karzel you know you are dealing with a specialist in his field. He is very knowledgable and he teaches his patients all about their injury and surgery. I was completely at ease once I met him.
    in Lebec, CA |
    I had a work injury and saw sent to see Dr.Karzel for knee surgery. He was kind and caring thorough with all my appts consultations and surgery and follow up. He is a very busy doctor, yet he makes time for you and your questions. His staff in Valencia, CA. is very patient friendly and caring and has excellent patient service, from appt.s to call backs scheduling surgery and follow up.I was fearful but he put me at peace and this was all through workman comp.I would recommend him to all.
    Have you seen Dr. Ronald Karzel, MD?
    Are you Dr. Karzel?

Dr. Karzel's Care Philosophy

Dr. Karzel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

Dr. Karzel has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Karzel's Board Certifications

Yale University

Graduated in 1979

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

• Sports Medicine

Dr. Karzel does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Karzel and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.