Dr. Ronald Hollis Jr, MD

Dr. Ronald Hollis Jr, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Nothing is more gratifying than treating patients and getting them back participating in the activities they love. main focus areas of my practice include the treatment of all shoulder and knee disorders including arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs and shoulder replacement surgery, sports injuries, knee replacement surgery and fracture care. During residency, I had the good fortune of training under a team of incredibly gifted surgeons. I was not only taught best practices in general orthopaedics, but also in knee conditions and sports medicine which were my two areas of concentration. After residency, I chose to do a fellowship at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri. During this fellowship year, I was entirely focused on learning the latest surgical techniques and treatment protocols for shoulder and elbow conditions. In that year alone, I did approximately 500 shoulder surgeries, ranging from shoulder arthroscopy, total shoulder and reverse shoulder replacements, and complex shoulder revisions. This extra year of intensive training provided me with additional insights and expertise specific to shoulder conditions. With this experience, I feel confident advising my patients on the best treatment plans for their particular shoulder issue. Just like people, no two patients are ever the same. I strive to understand my patients' personal motivations for treatment. For instance, the motivation for orthopaedic treatment for a competitive athlete is quite different from those of a senior citizen, child or teenager. As your physician, it is my job to listen to your health concerns, understand your goals for treatment and evaluate your condition. Together, we will discuss different options and create a treatment plan that works best for you. Providing exceptional care to all patients is my personal mission. I strive to make every patient encounter a positive experience. The goal of my practice is to: Provide every patient the quality of care they expect and deserve Understand and respect patients' personal motivations for treatment Schedule appointments as quickly as possible Run clinic on time and efficiently, so patients are not left waiting Ensure patients leave my office confident in their healthcare decisions Earn patients continued business and their recommendations and referrals Don't let joint pain hold you back from the activities you love, or more importantly, from normal daily activities. If you are experiencing joint pain, I encourage you to make an appointment so I can evaluate your condition. Early treatment can often help avoid surgery down the road.

Colorado Springs Orthopaedic Group

• Kaiser Permanente
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Rocky Mountain Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Hollis Jr

Just like people, no two patients are ever the same. As your physician, it is my job to listen to your health concerns, understand your goals for treatment and evaluate your condition. Together, we will discuss different options and create a treatment plan that works best for you.

A common misconception is a trip to an orthopedic surgeon will result in surgery as the only treatment option. More often than not, surgery is not required and injuries can be treated with non-operative methods.

Don't let joint pain hold you back from the activities you love, or more importantly, from normal daily activities. Early treatment can often help avoid surgery down the road.

My patients frequently tell me they wished they had come in earlier to see me as the pain relief they found was quite substantial.

Dr. Hollis Jr' Experience

Dr. Hollis Jr' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
  • University Of Utah
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Washington University School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Hollis Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hollis Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hollis Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Penrose-St. Francis Health Services

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Hollis Jr is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Hollis Jr' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hollis Jr to family and friends
Dr. Hollis Jr Says:

I appreciate my patients taking the time to complete a satisfaction survey.  If you were pleased with your experience and care, please tell your friends and family.  If you have any concerns, please inform myself or my staff so we can continue to improve the care we deliver.  You can email my gmail account and address the email to drronaldhollis.

Dr. Hollis Jr' Performance
in Canon City, CO |
Dr. Hollis is a very confident and competent professional. He has a friendly demeanor which makes me feel comfortable to ask (and re-ask) my questions. His assistant is very prompt in returning my calls with answers to my questions and the entire surgical center's staff was top-notch. You're in good hands with Dr. Hollis.
Great guy great experience
in Denver, CO |
Just a great guy that makes you comfortable with surgery
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He was a new doc to me. He was very personable, seemed very knowledgeable and listened well. And I feel he took very good care of me.
in Colorado Springs CO |
I first met Dr. Hollis when he treated my father in the emergency room for broken elbow and wrist. Then my knees started giving me problems and I came back to him because of his knowledge and bedside manner. He's been my doctor for almost 2 years now and just recently did exploratory knee surgery with excellent results. I would Highly recommend him as a very knowledgeable orthopedic surgeon and I will continue to keep him as my doctor! Thank you Dr. Hollis, I appreciate your services.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Hollis is a gem. My surgery has been very successful and he has always made himself available. He explains everything in a way that's easy to understand. You can easily tell that he cares about his patients individually.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr.Hollis was pleasant,experience and knowledgeable. He took the time to get to know me, listen to my shoulder concern and provided different treatment options that I felt comfortably with. I had a good experience that I had both shoulder worked on by Dr. Hollis.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Excellent bed side manner. Thorough exams and attention to details. Would not consider any other specialist.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very easy to deal with! I have seen several of the physicans at CSOG and have always had great care and good outcomes. I wouldn't go anywhere else!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Hollis has been wonderful. I have been a patient of his for little over a year and himself and his team have provided me with the best care yet. I had surgery a month ago and everything is feeling so much better and scars look wonderful. Overall an amazing experience!!! ??
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He has made me feel comfortable and he has done everything to make sure the my surgery and recovery went smoothly. I have never experienced a better Dr.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very good,very professional and very knowledable
in Colo Spgs, CO |
Dr Hollis recognized my problems right away and got treatment started.I have the utmost confidence in his ability. I wouldn't hesitate to use his service again should the need arise.
in Colorado Spgs co |
Therapist Jaime Mendoza is excellent!!!!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
In fact, I'm looking to have Dr Hollis repair my other shoulder.
in Stevens Point, WI |
I am a 66 year old women and I fell playing with my grandson and broke my femur. I went to St Michaels hospital in Stevens point wi where Dr Hollis did surgery using a rod and screw technic. Well he was a wonderful person but most of all he was a life saver for me, it's been four years and I am able to do everything I could before my fall. I want to thank him again for repairing my hip. Thank you very much Chris
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very patient, kind and thorough. A pleasure to deal with.
Denver, CO |
Great results ...2 reverse shoulder surgeries
in Denver, CO |
Very personal and caring.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Professional, experienced, adept, good bedside manner.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Hollis is an amazing professional who listens, encourages and exudes calm confidence. I knew I was is good hands from the first appointment. I am treated as if I am the only person who matters during each appointment, despite cognitively understanding he has other patients scheduled. I trust him and his work. Without a doubt.
in COS |
Very good.Professional and caring
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Hollis and staff have been absolutely wonderful. Dr. Hollis has great communication skills and a great bedside manner. I feel very fortunate to be under his care. I would recommend CSOG without hesitation. Thank you Dr. Hollis and staff!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Hollis has been great to work with. His professionalism is admirable, and he truly has passion for his patients and their progress.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
After he discovered the problem, he had me in for surgery within 10 days. Recovery was unpleasant, but much quicker then expected. I have about 90% of my original motion and expect that to increase over time. Overall a great experience.
in Colorado Springs |
Actually talked to me and discussed options and what made the most sense for my situation.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Hollis pre and post operative care has been truly excellent.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Doctor holliswas very patient and very thorough when answer questions. He always kept me informed and his pleasant disposition put me at ease.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He is very knowledgeable about the different treatment options available and encourages his patients to be educated and participate in determining the best treatment for them individually. Dr. Hollis is genuinely concerned about his patients' wellness and is very easy to talk to.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Hollis was a pleasure to work with and very professional. His recommendations on how to handle the procedure was very beneficial and informative. I recommend him to others .
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very caring and takes his time to answer all my questions
in Woodland Park, CO |
Dr Hollis very carefully and clearly explained all procedures, and answered questions in easy to understand language. He has a very manor and is quite personable. The results of surgery were excellent and recovery was virtually pain free. I would recommend him highly.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Exceptional from beginning to end absolutely a wonderful curing experience
in Colorado Spgs, CO |
He listens carefully. He is conservative in approach and patiently explains the findings and recommendations. He answers all question candidly.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I would recommend Dr. Hollis to anyone requiring surgery. I have had multiple surgeries in the past and the recovery time was long and painful. After Dr. Hollis got done with my ankle, I was up and back to work quickly and pain free.
in COS |
My experience with him was wonderful
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Excellent diagnosis and treatment.
in Colorado Springs, CO 80907 |
Very professional yet cordial. Great bedside manner. Explained procedures in detail, and was very reassuring.
Friendly and informative.
in Colorado Springs Co |
Have had an enormously,outstanding experience with Dr Hollis and staff. A great tremendous Thank-You
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Hollis was very knowledgable and helpful. He took the time to answer all of my questions. The surgery went very well.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He Helped get my shoulder back to being stable again. I no longer have to worry about it slipping and dislocating while playing sports.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Highly professional and empathetic.
in Monument, CO |
Dr. Hollis and his staff provided an excellent team that resolved my shoulder problem. I was most impressed with their professionalism and kindness, walking with me through diagnosis, surgery, and recovery. My questions and concerns were addressed with intelligence and compassion. No one enjoys having surgery, but when you must he is who I would choose.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Total knee replacement 6 weeks everything excellent.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He does an amazing job. Very good at explaining everything to his patient.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Hollis was very knowledgeable and explained all of my diagnosis and options throughly.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
It was great! Corrected the torn labrum and tightened a loose shoulder. He was decisive and even made sure I had the right brace when the ohysical therapist gave me the wrong one. Helped me understand everything so iCloud pass the right information along to the ohysical therapists to get the best care! Really love his assistant too! She's sweet, caring, and to the point!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very good communication, personable. Excellent care.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I am so thrilled to be a patient of Dr. Hollis! His calm, pleasant cheerful approach is wonderful. I am blessed that he is my Ortho doctor. Thank you Dr. Hollis. You're the best.
Have you seen Dr. Ronald Hollis Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Hollis Jr?