Dr. Ronald Crater, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 19 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Crater repaired my broken elbow and did an exceptional job. He is a superb doctor and is kind and caring in every way. His staff is friendly, efficient, helpful in every way. The two referrals I needed were promptly handled. If you need to see an orthopedist, Dr. Crater is the one to go see. I highly recommend him.
Author:
My 98 yr. old mother broke her elbow and was sent to Dr. Crater. I am so amazed and thankful at how kind and patient he was with my mother. He spoke to her and treated her as if she was his own family member. He spoke directly to her and explained everything to her with patience and in a manner that she could understand and again, with such kindness. Her treatment is going very well and Mom is very happy. He is a wonderful and exceptional doctor and I highly recommend him.
Author:
Excellent Knowledge and treatment of my Finger problems.
Author:
Well, I called both the Hemet off and the Menifee office . Besides they won’t answer the phones half the time they hey also keep promising to call me back and nothing . I’m brown 3 weeks with no referral, no calls , no answers . How is this a business ?? Feel free to call me to discuss review Dr Crater my name is Don MacGown
Author:
I saw Dr Crater for a consult-i have a separated/displaced collarbone. I waited 10 minutes in the waiting room & they maybe 5 minutes in the exam room. He was cordial, professional, very knowledgeable & straight forward. I appreciated ALL of those qualities! :) His nurse was very professional, smart & kind also. The front office staff was welcoming, kind & VERY patient with me. I am voing back to see them all next wednesday again. I know that i am in the VERY BEST Ortho practice ever. I will send all friends & family to see Dr Crater. I am a VERY picky & particular patient too! Lol. I SOOO appreciate ALL that are in the practice! Thank you SO much! Lisa ;)
Author:
Dr. Crater did surgery on me in January to reattach a severed quadriceps tendon. Serious stuff! Three and a half months later I was running again. He's a miracle worker! I very much appreciated the clear and complete way he explained all that needed to be done and then followed through. I couldn't be happier with him.
Author:
Dr. Crater listened to me, explained what he could do and what I could do and I left feeling hopeful and encouraged after consulting two other surgeons who would discuss only surgery. An added plus is his sense of humor. I will recommend him to my fellow arthritic friends.
Author:
Dr. Crater is a great doctor. He explains things very well. He had to do surgery twice on my broken finger, since I wasnt able take it easy with my husband having surgery the first time I did. He took the time to call me personally and tell me that we had to do a second surgery. He cares a lot about his patients. I would recommend him to anyone!!!! Tammy
Author:
Amazing Doctor, I had this chronic pain in my shoulder for over 15 years, at the first visit he knew what I need. I got surgery, and I'm like new... very professional and Kind! I will return with him eyes close.
Author:
Dr. Crater treats both my husband and myself and we think he is great. We have painful arthritis in joints and we come in for shots. The first doctor to hit the mark every time. We hope he has no plans to move because it is very hard to find the good ones.
Author:
Great bedside manner. Explains everything well, and is personable. Friendly assistants.
Author:
Dr. Crater was by far the best doctor I have ever been treated by. He is excellent. He treated me and did surgery for a severely broken ankle. Both as the Dr. and the surgeon, he was patient, courteous, professional and took lots of time to explain everything. We highly recommend him.
Author:
I recently had to have surgery on my right knee for a bucket handle tear on my meniscus and I was referred to Dr. Crater. He thoroughly explained the injury to me during the first visit and was able to schedule me for the surgery just 3 weeks later. The surgery went very well and I recovered quickly. It has been 6 weeks since the surgery and my knee feels great! Dr. Crater is so knowledgeable and careful, I am so grateful I was put into the hands of such an amazing surgeon. :)
Author:
Dr. Crater is an outstanding doctor. I truly feel that he was the best choice for the procedure I had. He knows what he’s doing & he answered any questions I had (and I tend to ask a lot of questions). He throughly goes through the procedure he will preform and makes sure you’re comfortable with it. Dr. Crater cares about his patients and that shows in his work. Thank you for fixing my wrist Dr!
Author:
Dr Crater treated my 12 year old son for his fractured finger. Dr Crater allowed me to express all of my concerns and fears, as this was my first time dealing with a fracture of any sort. Dr Crater was thorough in his assessment of my son and made necessary referrals. Because of Dr Craters clear explanations, my worries as a parent were eased and I was able to feel confident in the treatment my son received. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs orthopedic treatment. Thank you Dr Crater!
Author:
I’ve been to 2 other orthopedists in the last 2 years trying to diagnose severe hip pain. Neither of them were able to tell me whether the pain was coming from my back or my hip. Dr. Crater listened to me carefully and took a lot of time to do a thorough exam. He felt certain it was my hip and his diagnosis was later confirmed with radiology exams. Dr. Crater called me back the same day when I had more questions and he has since followed up with me directly. I’ve never had a better experience.
Author:
My son injured his shoulder in football and has been suffering great pain ever since. I brought my son into the orthopedics department on the 21st of September. We met with Doctor Crater who examined my 16 year old son told him that he would need surgery on his shoulder. He told us that he would look at the MRI we provided him with and call us back THE NEXT DAY. After 5 days went by, I called and left a message for Dr. Crater. It then took him exactly 1 week to call me back (now putting us at 2