Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Ronak Patel, MD
Dr. Patel is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in all sports medicine injuries for adolescents and adults, including knee, shoulder, ankle and elbow. With a special interest in complex knee disorders, his goal is to preserve the native joint. Dr. Patel is among the few physicians in Chicago performing advanced cartilage restoration procedures, osteotomies to reduce joint stresses, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection therapy, and other orthobiologic techniques. He treats ACL injuries, patellar dislocations, meniscal tears, multi-ligamentous knee injuries, and knee arthritis with minimally invasive and arthroscopic techniques. He is also extensively trained in arthroscopic management of shoulder problems, such as impingement, rotator cuff tears, and labral tears. Dr. Patel trained at Northwestern University and completed his fellowship at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic, building his expertise in the most innovative orthopaedic procedures.

Elmhurst

1200 S York St Ste 4110

Elmhurst, IL 60126

• Cofinity
  • Coventry Health Care of Illinois

Learn about Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel practices evidence-based sports medicine and believes it is essential to know when 'not to operate'.

Dr. Patel's Experience

Dr. Patel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Labral Tear
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)

• Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Northwestern Center Feinberg School of Medicine
  • Northwestern University/McGraw Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

• Gujarati

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends
Dr. Patel's Performance
in Chicago IL |
Amazing and trusted team. Would recommend for any sports related injuries. Felt comfortable at all times.
in Hinsdale, IL |
Dr. Patel never gave up on figuring out what was wrong and was always very friendly. He has been my favorite doctor so far that I've ever met.
Hinsdale, IL |
Dr Patel and his staff were very helpful with surgery and recovery. They answered my questions in a timely fashion and provided good feedback.
in Kinsman, IL |
Dr Patel and his staff are very professional and talked to me at my level. They are very clear about direction and are willing to reach out to others if needed to ensure proper recovery after surgery. He explained the sequence of the surgery and post op instructions. He asked several times during my visits if I had any questions or concerns and always answered them to my satisfaction. He did not rush into surgery instead had me try therapy first. I would highly recommend him and his staff.
Hinsdale, IL |
Was quick, efficient, and helpful Doctor as a former patient.
in Darien, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr.Patel to any family or friends.He has done a great job with me.
in Hinsdale, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr Patel to my own family and friends. Dr Patel and staff were extremely professional and accommodating. They took the time to explain everything every step of the way. I am extremely satisfied with the end results. At 6 weeks I am back to my pre injury activities. Many thanks to Dr Patel and staff! Sincerely, Dale Stang
in Hinsdale, IL |
Dr Patel and his staff were very courteous and professional. They worked with my schedule to ensure all pre-op and post-op requirements were fulfilled and ensured my path to full recovery was successful. In fact, my recovery timeline was well under the expected timeline. Great care provided in every aspect!
in Hinsdale, IL |
Great work, start to finish, from the entire HO crew!
in Hinsdale, IL |
He was really concerned about getting me back to 100% before releasing me from his care and that means a lot to me. It shows that he cares about your health and you are not just a number to him.
in Hinsdale, IL |
I felt taken care of and he was very knowledgable in what he was doing. I had confidence in his decisons.
Hinsdale, IL |
Dr. Patel was very thorough in his explanations and options for me. He took the time to discuss the pros and cons of the different options. Dr. Patel and his team had great bedside manner as well.
in Hinsdale, IL |
Dr. Patel from day one was just fantastic. I have never felt more cared for on a more personal level by Dr Patel and his staff. Dr Patel had my back during one of the most stressful times in my life and if it was'nt for his professionalism and compassion as well as skill I can't even imagine how things would be. He is a honorable man who not only healed me physically but emotionally as well. In conclusion, I would Highly recommend Dr Patel to anyone and everyone.
in Chicago, IL |
Very personable and excellent physician who is willing to let patients try unconventional options such as physical therapy before recommending surgery. Great support staff and outstanding service!!
Very good.
Hinsdale, IL |
Dr. Patel and his team were outstanding. I had surgery to repair a broken clavicle and always knew what to expect, beginning with the first visit with Dr. Patel, to surgery, and all the way to the final appointment. The outcome of this process and recovery exceeded my expectations.
in Hinsdale, IL |
Dr. Patel was very helpful. He walks you through each and every step of the care he will be providing.
Hinsdale, IL |
He was very nice and he knew what he was doing. He got me back out playing soccer in no time!
in Hinsdale, IL |
I would recommend him because he is friendly
in Elmhurst, IL |
Great bedside manner. Really felt like he cared about my outcome.
Hinsdale, IL |
Really very good, an excellent experience. Any and all opportunities are with surrounding staff, a really disorganized support structure across the customer support, surgical and physical therapy operations.
in Hinsdale, IL |
Great experience, no issues, solid communication
Elmhurst, IL |
Definitely recommend Dr Patel and staff. All were cordial, patient, kind and professional. Procedure went great, wonderful experience.
in Crest Hill, Ill |
Dr. Patel correctly assessed my injury, then explained to me all my options and the pros/cons of each. I then chose what was best for long term health. He then swiftly scheduled my time sensitive surgery, which he performed flawlessly. Throughout recovery he and his staff were readily available to answer questions and also called periodically to check on how I was progressing. Great Doctor , great facility A1 in my book! Can't thank them enough!!
in Lagrange, IL |
Caring, knowledgable, understands patients needs incredibly well. Recommended both my mother and father to Dr. Patel.
in Bridge view, Il |
He is very through and he listens and explains why a specific treatment was indicated vs another.
in Hinsdale, IL |
I don't think I could've been where I am with my shoulder without Dr. Patel finding the tear in my posterior labrum when he did. I'll definitely not forget when after my 3rd MRI, Dr. Patel saw the tear in my shoulder and actually called the hospital and spoke directly with the head of radiology to find the correct images indicative of the symptoms I'd been having. I owe him many thanks, as I feel that I will more than definitely have a full recovery.
in Oswego, il |
Entire experience was great
in Aurora, Il |
Doctor Patel offers competent compassionate care. He took on my complex injury with confidence and reassured me that he would do all he could to help me get back to my normal self. He is truly one of a kind and I highly recommend him for anyone looking for an expert in kneee injuries.
in La Grange Park, IL |
Dr. Patel was very clear in his explanation of my injury. He was very professional, polite and comforting. I would recommend him to anyone with a sports related injury.
in Plainfield, IL |
Our experience with DrPatel and staff was excellent. From the first appointment to the last we couldn't have been in better hands. Our surgical outcome was fantastic. Our son is back to playing baseball with no limitations due to Dr Patel. We are grateful. Thanks.
in Lemony, I L |
He takes the time to listen to me - answers my questions and repeats explanation if necessary.
Hinsdale, IL |
Dr. Patel is very professional, knowledgeable and has made a huge positive impact in my recovery. I would highly recommend him! He has a wonderful bedside manner, always was available to discuss my care and explained everything thoroughly. Thank you!!
in Hinsdale, IL |
Kind, thorough, listens and acknowledges the concerns of the patient rather than only his own goals of treatment. Excellent clinical skills as well.
in Elmhurst IL |
Dr. Patel and entire staff are very caring, take time with you at each appt to make sure you know each step of treatment plan after surgery. Great Communication between PT and Dr Patel also.
Dr. Patel was great.
in Elmhurst, IL |
Great overall experience with Dr. Patel. Highly recommended.
in Huntley, il |
Wonderful staff. Very efficient and caring.
in Darien, IL |
Approaching 50 years old with a wrecked knee is no fun,especially as a hockey player.I was faced with giving up something I love,and Dr.Patel gave it back to me.After successful ACL replacement,I am back playing.Thanks Doc!
in Chicago, IL |
He was awesome! He addressed every concern I had. Very responsible to emails and calls. Kelley and Sara make the dream team complete!
in Chicago, IL |
Doctor Patel has a great room-side demeanor and asks pointed questions about progress. He does not shy away from negative feedback and he supplies a lot of information! I find that refreshing in the medical profession. He did more than required during surgery and corrected a bone spur that he found. He is personable and approachable and I would not hesitate in returning to him! In fact, my wife has already seen him!
in Downers Grove, IL |
Dr. Patel was excellent. Bedside manner was great, he was very friendly & empathetic. He explained everything very clearly & in lay terms. He also discussed the pros and cons of surgery versus no surgery. He called me back immediately in the middle of the night when I had some concerns following my surgery. He also called several other times to check up on my progress and see how I was doing in therapy. Dr. Patel's assistant Kelley was also very attentive & prompt with answering calls/emails.
Have you seen Dr. Ronak Patel, MD?
Are you Dr. Patel?