Dr. Rolando Roberto, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Rolando Roberto, MD
Dr. Rolando Roberto, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Sacramento, CA. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Roberto is affiliated with UC Davis Medical Center.

Dr. Roberto's Experience

See how Dr. Roberto's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Roberto

Dr. Roberto accepts 23 insurance carriers

Dr. Roberto is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Roberto has admitting privileges.

Dr. Roberto's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Roberto to family and friends
    3.6
    Dr. Roberto's Performance
    in roseville, ca |
    Dr. Roberto is an excellent, top-notch spine surgeon. He has a professional, easy-going demeanor, and an excellent bedside manor. I recently had two disc replacements in my neck, and the UC Davis hospital experience was the best I've had (unfortunately, I've had other previous surgeries at other hospitals). Dr. Roberto, his entire surgery team, and UC Davis Hospital in Sacramento are indeed top tier. Should I need surgery for any future issues, I will surely opt to return to UC Davis.
    in Sacramento, CA |
    Dr. Roberto is my hero. I was suffering from severe sciatic nerve pain due to a slipped vertebra that was pressing on my sciatic nerve. Even worse, my right leg was weak, making it difficult for me to walk, let alone do any kind of exercise. Dr. Roberto performed a laminectomy and fusion, and I am completely pain-pain free, and back to spin classes and Pilates reformer training. Back surgery is scary, but Dr. Roberto made it a "painless" experience.
    in Sacramento , CA |
    Dr. Roberto could be great, but lacks experience and compassion I had my first spinal fusion surgery March 2012. It could have been successful had Dr. Rolando Roberto and an assisting) followed up on their statement that I had soft bone. Dr. Roberto swore up and down that there was zero chance that I had ANY form of osteoporosis. He was wrong. 2 subsequent surgeries and he curved my back with rods back into a hunchback position. for which I am still taking 100mg of morphine a day.
    in Sacramento CA |
    Rolando Roberto was my spinal surgeon in 2003, I was only 16 at the time. He was an amazing doctor, explaining everything and putting me at ease. He was an amazing surgeon, very progressive in technique. Nearly 15 years later, I am still grateful every day for the quality of life and mobility I have. Thank you!
    in Roseville, CA |
    Dr. Roberto was extremely thorough and personable. I went in with a lot of pain, numbness and pain in fingers on both arms and hands, and severe loss of balance. I was afraid and had a lot of questions. He reviewed the x-rays with me, answered all my questions even the ones I forgot to ask! He took his time with me and never made me feel rushed. I had different friends with me for the pre-op and post-op and they both commented on how thorough and kind he was; he made me feel safe.
    in Sacramento, CA |
    Excellent physician. Explained everything and took the time to listen.
    in Galt, CA |
    Dr. Roberto was awesome!! He did a thorough history and neurological exam, and he related easily with me as well as with my teenage son (the patient.) Dr. Roberto was cheerful and unhurried reviewing the x-rays and mri with us, giving concise clear answers. He obviously enjoys his work and was undaunted by our numerous questions. He was intelligent and caring, thorough and personable. I recommend him without reservation.
    in Sacramento |
    Really friendly and funny
    in Durango, CO |
    Now after a little over 3 months since surgery, I can walk 3 miles a day and feel my strength returning. I am not pain free (no surgery and recovery are) but certainly this has been the best of my surgical experiences and I look forward to full recovery. I am now off of pain medication and take Motrin only occasionally. My back is a degenerative so I know I will never be where I was 13 years ago, but, Dr. Roberto & UC Davis have given me my life back, and I will always be grateful!
    in Davis, CA |
    I walked in with a list of questions and he answered them. He is a very busy surgeon and I wanted to be organized. I was in extreme pain. If not pain, my legs went numb...no feeling. I was scared so wanted help as fast as I could get it. I'd waited too long with people who thought I just had a muscle pull or.... I felt he treated me with great respect. I even give him credit for the residents, hospital stay, etc. It starts from the top!
    in Citrus Heights, CA |
    Dr. Roberto does not explain information. I was asking him a question and he was walking out the door, made a quick reply and shut the door! I had more questions about the surgery he was advising. I'm supposed to trust my child with a doctor like that? No way!
    Have you seen Dr. Rolando Roberto, MD?
    Are you Dr. Roberto?

Dr. Roberto's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Roberto has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Roberto's Board Certifications

• Hip Fracture
    • Hip Sprain
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Limb Cramp
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Lupus
    • Marfan Syndrome
    • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
    • Trigger Finger
    • Vertebral Column Tumors

University Of California, Irvine, College Of Medicine

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Roberto does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Roberto and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
    • Knee Surgery
    • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
    • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair