Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr., MD

Personal Bio

Dr. Izquierdo Jr.'s Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Izquierdo Jr.'s experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Izquierdo Jr.

Dr. Izquierdo Jr. accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Izquierdo Jr. has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Izquierdo Jr.'s Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Izquierdo Jr. to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Izquierdo Jr.
Dr. Izquierdo Jr.'s Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (106)
in Marengo, IL |
Highly professional and has a clear plan from the beginning of first appointment. Alleviates any concerns you may have and makes sure to answer any and every question you may have. There was not one time I felt "in the dark" about my surgery or recovery process. Surgery itself was highly successful and much easier than I had anticipated based on others' experiences. 10/10 would recommend to anyone.
in McHenry, IL |
Dr Izquierdo and his support staff were excellent. I had a torn rotator cuff. Dr. Izquierdo explained my options thoroughly, both short and long term. I opted for repair surgery and everything went well and tracked my expectations. Follow up was consistent and thorough, and I made a full recovery. In fact my range of motion improved from prior to my injury as he removed a bone spur while he was working in the vicinity to repair the tendon tear. He and his staff were attentive, courteous and kind
Genoa City, WI |
I am very happy with the results of my shoulder replacement. Dr. Izquierdo explained everything in advance, He did a really good job. My life is much improved. Thank You Dr. Izquierdo
in Mchenry, IL |
I had a major Rota tor Cuff tear with Bicep issues. I had surgery and 6 months later returned to work as a Fireman. The whole process was fully explained. The Dr. handled with great confidence and re-assurance that it could be fixed and it has bee. The entire operation is very professional and I would recommend this surgeon and entire group to anybody.
in Woodstock, il |
Dr.Izquierdo was outstanding. Him and his staff demonstate what all doctors should strive to be. Very little wait time if any, very knowledgeable and caring. Overall just a genuine sincere guy. Thanks for all the help.
in Fox Lake, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo and his staff made me feel very comfortable. I was able to ask questions without feeling rushed and the answers given were in terms that I could understand. My shoulder surgery was very successful and I am back to all normal activities. I would highly recommend Dr. Izquierdo.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo, was awesome. My 26 year old daughter, an industrial electrician had severe right shoulder pain, she had spurs that were tearing her bicep tendon, and lots of bursitis. Dr. Izquierdo used surgery as a last resort, and ended up tacking her bicep tendon to her arm as it was quite torn from the spurs, his fear was that it might give way and fall as athletes have happen and the repair of that would be long and painful. she is 8 months after surgery and therapy almost 100%. Very happy.
Huntley, IL |
He does not talk down to me and explains in easy to understand terminology what is going on and what needs to be done. He shows me all pictures taken of my condition. He is very friendly and doesn't have one foot out the door while I'm still asking questions.
in Marengo, IL |
I have had both shoulders done by Dr. Izquierdo. I would recommend him to anyone needing shoulder surgery. He knows what he is doing. After the surgery I have progressed farther and faster than other people that have went through this surgery. I had both done within 1 1/2 years and no problems and both feel great. He has you come in for post op. checks monthly for 6 months some sooner at first. These are all at no charge.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Because my broken shoulder was the result of an unexpected fall, it was mentally very difficult to get past the pain and time it took to heal. Dr. Izquierdo was beyond compassionate and extremely knowledgeable!! He listened to all of my questions & concerns. He gave me the encouragement to continue my physical therapy and healing process. I do not think without his encouragement I would have able to get back on track as I have. I was treated with great respect and I thank you & your staff.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo and staff have been able to return me to a perfectly normal lifestyle in less time than originally estimated. Have always been incredibly attentive to my needs and to my well being. I hope NEVER to return to a surgeon but - if i did - this would be my first and only choice.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
All 4 members of my family have had surgeries by Dr. Izquierdo. We have all had excellent results. I have just recovered from a rotator cuff repair with excellent results. I have full range of motion now and no pain! Thanks, Dr. IZ!
in Woodstock, IL |
Rotator cuff surgery was one of the most difficult decisions I have made when it comes my health and I am glad I chose Dr. Izquierdo. He and his staff were very helpful and available even after hours, if I had questions or something was not right. I found that everyone was very friendly and always very cheerful and helpful!! I would definitely do it all again with Dr. Izquierdo and his staff!! I may need to do it all again for my left shoulder:)
in Rockford, IL |
Dr Izquierdo performed a complete replacement of my right shoulder. I was totally prepared for the procedure, knew what to expect, and everything turned out very well. He and his staff are consummate professionals. What was important to me was that he showed an active interest in my recovery after surgery was done. This was not the case with a previous shoulder replacement I underwent elsewhere. I found him to be a good guy and I enjoyed interacting with him. If you need a replacement, see him
in Spring Grove, IL |
I saw Dr. Izquierdo for a ruptured rotator cuff and some damage to my bicep. From the very first appointment , he was great. He has great bedside manor, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. With all the damage I had in my shoulder, he had me back at work in 5 weeks with restrictions,. This is a testament to the great work he does! Today I was released with no restrictions only 5 1/2 months after my procedure! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Izquierdo! He is a very talented doctor.
My surgery and recovery went exactly as Dr. Izquirerdo had explained. He was very attentive and professional through the whole process. I would suggest Dr. Izquierdo to all my friends and family.
in Lake in the hills il |
Dr. Izquirdo has performed 4 ACL reconstruction surgeries on my 2 daughters and they were able to compete in D1 soccer program for 4 years. He also performed OCD and meniscus surgery. All with great success. Very friendly and helpful. Actually realized day of surgery what looked abnormal space in her ankle was normal for her. So no surgery was performed at the last minute. Shows he cared about patient and not money.
in McHenry, IL |
I found Dr. Izquierdo to be personable, confident and focused on what is best for the patient long-term. The support staff is a perfect complement to Dr. Izquierdo?s patient focused care. Phone calls to the office post-op were returned in a timely manner to answer my questions and concerns. Dr. Izquierdo is a skilled surgeon at the highest caliber who places the patients care & recovery as the highest priority. Dr. Izquierdo and his staff are also aware of patient?s personal needs.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo performed rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder this past year. Doctor Izquierdo was very informative throughout the process. I am very pleased with the results from the surgery. I would highly recommend Doctor Izquierdo to anyone needing an orthopedic surgeon.
in Harvard, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo is an amazing doctor and person! I am 16 years old and He not only did surgery on my shoulder and made everything work like new, but he also was very sweet and he does care about his patients! I am able to do everything I was before ever since ive had surgery, I strongly recommend going to doctor Izquierdo for a great and comfortable experience while going through surgery.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo spends quality time with his patients and explains the treatment plan very well. I have never felt rushed by him or his staff. Dr. Izquierdo has treated me (shoulder surgery), both my children (3 knee surgeries total), and my husband and I have recommended him to anyone who needs an orthopedic. We feel very fortunate to have such a quality orthopedic doctor in Crystal Lake!
in Crystal Lake, IL |
He is a very considerate, well mannered and thorough physician.
Great doctor who has treated entire family. Done knee surgery on both kids with 100% recovery.
Have you seen Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr., MD?
Are you Dr. Izquierdo Jr.?

Compare Dr. Izquierdo Jr.

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Loyola University Of Chicago / Stritch School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1997

University Hospital

Completed in 2002

Columbia Presbyterian Hospital

Completed in 2003

University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Izquierdo Jr. has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Izquierdo Jr. does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Izquierdo Jr. and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Izquierdo Jr.'s experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

×

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Izquierdo Jr.

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Izquierdo Jr.'s Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Izquierdo Jr.

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients
×

Dr. Izquierdo Jr. says...

Dr. Izquierdo brings a unique set of skills to McHenry County. Skills built upon solid and very diverse training opportunities. The son of Cuban immigrants, Dr. Izquierdo is fluent in both English and Spanish. He was born and raised in the Chicagoland area.

It was at the University of Cincinnati Hospitals, now known as University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where Dr. Izquierdo completed his residency that he developed his special interest in sports medicine. During this time, he provided coverage as a team physician for the University of Cincinnati athletic programs and for the Cincinnati Bengal NFL football team. As a result, he pursued additional advance training by completing fellowships in shoulder and elbow reconstruction and in sports medicine at Columbia University at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York city before launching his practice.

Dr. Izquierdo remains active in medical education and identifying best practice recommendations. He served as chairman for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons' evidence based medicine committee for the clinical practice guideline for the management of shoulder arthritis. He has served as invited faculty at the American Academy of Orthopedics to instruct surgeons from around the world in the latest techniques in arthroscopic and reconstructive shoulder surgery. In addition, Dr. Izquierdo was nominated and selected to join the prestigious American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES). ASES is an invitation-only society of just 420 leading national and international Orthopaedic surgeons specializing in surgery of the shoulder and elbow.

Dr. Izquierdo routinely performs a high volume of total shoulder replacements, reverse total shoulder replacements, arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, as well as arthroscopic shoulder instability and labral repairs. He also performs sports-related elbow and knee surgeries, including ACL reconstructions.