Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery  |
Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD
Dr. Izquierdo brings a unique set of skills to McHenry County. Skills built upon solid and very diverse training opportunities. The son of Cuban immigrants, Dr. Izquierdo is fluent in both English and Spanish. He was born and raised in the Chicagoland area. It was at the University of Cincinnati Hospitals, now known as University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where Dr. Izquierdo completed his residency that he developed his special interest in sports medicine. During this time, he provided coverage as a team physician for the University of Cincinnati athletic programs and for the Cincinnati Bengal NFL football team. As a result, he pursued additional advance training by completing fellowships in shoulder and elbow reconstruction and in sports medicine at Columbia University at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York city before launching his practice. Dr. Izquierdo remains active in medical education and identifying best practice recommendations. He served as chairman for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons' evidence based medicine committee for the clinical practice guideline for the management of shoulder arthritis. He has served as invited faculty at the American Academy of Orthopedics to instruct surgeons from around the world in the latest techniques in arthroscopic and reconstructive shoulder surgery. In addition, Dr. Izquierdo was nominated and selected to join the prestigious American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES). ASES is an invitation-only society of just 420 leading national and international Orthopaedic surgeons specializing in surgery of the shoulder and elbow. Dr. Izquierdo routinely performs a high volume of total shoulder replacements, reverse total shoulder replacements, arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, as well as arthroscopic shoulder instability and labral repairs. He also performs sports-related elbow and knee surgeries, including ACL reconstructions.

OrthoIllinois

750 E Terra Cotta Ave

Crystal Lake, IL 60014

Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CorVel
  • PHCS
  • The Alliance

Learn about Dr. Izquierdo Jr

Dr. Izquierdo Jr's Experience

Dr. Izquierdo Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
  • University Of Cincinnati Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Columbia Presbyterian Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Izquierdo Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Izquierdo Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Izquierdo Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Izquierdo Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Izquierdo Jr to family and friends
Dr. Izquierdo Jr's Performance
in Wonder lake, IL |
I had my shoulders replaced 2 and 3 years ago and am back to all activities.
in Crystal lake, IL |
I got injured at work and tore my rotator cuff. Dr. Izquierdo fixed it arthroscopically. I am now back to work and other activities with out issues.
in Fox River Grove, IL |
Excellent care and follow-up!
in McHenry, IL |
I had my shoulder replaced and am back to all activities without any issues.
in McHenry, IL |
I had my shoulder replaced a year ago and I am doing great!
in Fox River Grove, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo repaired my rotator cuff six months and ago and I'm doing great! I'm back to all my regular activities without any problems.
in McHenry, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo fixed my rotator cuff and I feel awesome! I'm back to all my activities.
in Gurnee, IL |
My shoulder was unstable. I had Dr. Izquierdo tighten my shoulder. I am now stable and back to fast pitch softball.
in Lake in the hills, IL |
my shoulder was dislocating. Dr. Izquierdo fixed my labrum 6 months ago. I am now back to all activities including working as a police officer.
in Harvard, IL |
I had my rotator cuff fixed 6 months ago and am back to all activities including farming.
in Rockford, IL |
I had a laterjet procedure
Algonquin, IL |
I tore my labrum and Dr. Izquierdo fixed it arthroscopicly. I am now back to playing collegiate baseball.
in Hebron, IL |
I had my shoulder surgery 5 months ago and am back to all activities with no issues.
in Mchenry, IL |
I had my rotator cuff fixed 6 months ago. I am back to all my activities including bagging sand for the recent flood with out pain.
in Elgin, IL |
I had my rotator cuff repaired by Dr. Izquierdo and I'm back to work and all activities.
in Carpentersville, IL |
I had knee surgery about 6 weeks ago. My knee feels great and I'm back to all activities with no issues.
in Crystal lake, IL |
I broke my clavicle and Dr. Izquierdo fixed it surgically. I am back to 100% with no issues.
I had a reverse shoulder replacement done 7 months ago and I feel great!
in South Beloit, IL |
I had my reverse total shoulder replacement and I am back to playing golf. If I had known it would be this easy I would have done this years ago!
in Spring grove, IL |
My shoulder was dislocating. I had surgery about 6 months ago and am back to all activities including weight lifting and working with out issues.
in Huntley, IL |
I had shoulder surgery 3 months ago and am back to cutting tree limbs and all my normal activities.
in Huntley, IL |
I had my shoulder replaced two years ago and it feels great. I'm back to all my activities without any issues.
in Rockford, IL |
I hurt my shoulder at work and had surgery. I was able to return to work full duty.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo took excellent care of my son's knee fracture. Every post operative appointment he was very kind and his staff was wonderful. I will refer him to any of my family and friends.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
I had a serious infection in my shoulder from diabetes, that Dr. Izquierdo diagnosed and treated. I am now back to work full duty with no restrictions!
in Cary, IL |
I had shoulder surgery 4.5 months and am back to all activities.
in Mchenry, IL |
I had a bad work injury that need surgery to fix. I am now 1+ years from surgery and am able to work full duty.
in Mchenry, IL |
I had a shoulder replacement out of state and it got infected. I saw dr. Izquierdo and he redid my shoulder replacement. I am not 7 months from the redo surgery and am able to play golf again.
Rockford, IL |
I had a rotator cuff repair and I'm doing great! Back to activities and work.
in Huntley, IL |
My left shoulder hurt. I saw dr. Izquierdo and he treat me conservatively and now I have no shoulder pain.
in Lakewood, IL |
I had knee surgery about 6 weeks ago and my knee feels perfect!
in Elgin, IL |
I was unable to move my arm after a nerve block for my right wrist surgery. I saw Dr. Izquierdo and now have full use of my arm again. Thank you so much!
in South Beloit, IL |
I have returned to my activities of horseback riding and camping.
Rockford, IL |
I had a rotator cuff repair and I'm doing great! I'm back to golf and cycling.
in Elgin, IL |
I am doing very well following my rotator cuff repair 8 months ago.
in Union, IL |
S/p tsa 7 years on right 10 years on left, both doing great.
Rockford, IL |
Very confident, kept promises and a good sense of humor! Highly competent staff all around!
in Marengo, IL |
Very knowledgeable and personable. A pleasure to see every time. Would highly recommend!!
He cares.
in Huntley, IL |
I first became associated with Dr. Izquierdo during my son's Sr. year in High School Football (2 years prior). Over the summer camp my son dislocated his shoulder and tore his sub scapula. The Dr. worked with us to get him through the season and the repair. He was so great that I sought him out when I detached my pectoral tendon from my shoulder while exercising. He was one of the few doctors that had don that surgery in the past. He gave me a clear vision of what to expect in terms of sur
in Mchenry, IL |
I have unfortunately needed shoulder surgery twice on my right shoulder as I tore the tendon in the same place approx. a year apart. Dr. Izquierdo used the same incision sites for the 2nd surgery to minimize scaring & you can barely see the scars. This past July I took a fall & while trying to protect my right shoulder, I tore the labrum in my left shoulder, among other issues we later found. I have made complete recoveries from all 3 surgeries. An experienced, caring physician. Rare these days.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Thanks to Dr. Izquierdo and the entire team at Ortho Illinois, both my right and left rotator cuff surgeries were a huge success. After a few months of physical therapy and some continued exercises at home, I feel like I'm back to 100%!
in Spring Grove, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo did a great job on my shoulder repair. He is really easy to talk to and gives good information about diagnosis. Recovery and physical therapy was planned by Dr. He provides detailed instructions to Physical Therapist to follow. Outstanding doctor and surgeon. I will go back to him again if needed and highly recommend him.
Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo does a great job as a surgeon and a communicator. Everything went exactly as described, except I was released a month earlier than initially anticipated. He is easy to talk to and answers questions in plain language. The staff was fast and helpful. I have recommended him to friends and family and have never heard anything but very positive feedback.
Dundee, IL |
Best doctor I know, I have been through 2 Shoulder surgeries and 1 Knee surgery with him. He has always explained everything throughly and made sure I understood what was going on and all of my options. He is extremely professional and he cares...He wants to fix the issue and make sure you are pain free and not have any issues. I wouldn't recommend anyone else. He is the best doctor out there!
in Tucson, AZ |
Very good doctor! I had a complete tear in my rotator cuff, supraspinatus. He repaired it the end of October 2016. I received excellent post op care, and physical therapy that has really helped. I was so blessed to find Dr. Izquierdo because I actually live in Tucson , Arizona and happened to be temporarily living in Illinois when the need for surgery was imminate. Thank you, Dr. Izquierdo!
Lake in the hills |
Dr Izquierdo is the only surgeon in the region who could fix my shoulder replacement. The doctor at MCO tried to send me to the city for a second opinion but Rush told me to see Dr. I and I'm glad I did because now I feel great!!
in Mchenry, Illinois |
About 10 years ago, I had a large tear on my rotator cuff which Dr. Isquierdo repaired. Being in construction and having constant movement with my shoulder every work day, a solid repair was vital. After ten years, my shoulder still feels great with excellent mobility. Although my physical therapy after surgery was a big factor, without his expertise and skilled hands I would not have had amazing results that allowed me to carry on my profession and be so active every day.
in Mchenry, IL |
He is an excellent and professional doctor and surgeon! He is understanding and sensitive and his staff is also professional and friendly! A very positive experience!
in Mount Prospect, IL |
I had surgery on my shoulder for a torn rotator cuff in August. Dr. Izquierdo was referred to me by my sister and a friend of hers. I am a nurse and Dr. Izquierdo met all of my high expectations. I had minimal pain, tiny incisions,and wonderful care. You have a large support group in his staff available to you weeks before surgery and after. I would recommend Dr. Izquierdo and Orthoillinois Group very highly. And he's gorgeous,besides!
Have you seen Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Izquierdo Jr?

Visit Dr. Izquierdo Jr

Dr. Izquierdo Jr accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CorVel