Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr., MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Izquierdo Jr.'s Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Izquierdo Jr.'s experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicinenull
  • Orthopedic Surgerynull

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Izquierdo Jr.

Dr. Izquierdo Jr. accepts 11 insurance carriers

11 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Izquierdo Jr. has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Reviewing Dr. Izquierdo Jr.

Dr. Izquierdo Jr.'s Review Details
      4.9 based on 108 responses
      Experience with Dr. Izquierdo Jr.
      Dr. Izquierdo Jr.'s Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (100)
      in Fox Lake, IL |
      Dr. Izquierdo and his staff made me feel very comfortable. I was able to ask questions without feeling rushed and the answers given were in terms that I could understand. My shoulder surgery was very successful and I am back to all normal activities. I would highly recommend Dr. Izquierdo.
      in Crystal Lake, IL |
      Dr. Izquierdo, was awesome. My 26 year old daughter, an industrial electrician had severe right shoulder pain, she had spurs that were tearing her bicep tendon, and lots of bursitis. Dr. Izquierdo used surgery as a last resort, and ended up tacking her bicep tendon to her arm as it was quite torn from the spurs, his fear was that it might give way and fall as athletes have happen and the repair of that would be long and painful. she is 8 months after surgery and therapy almost 100%. Very happy.
      Huntley, IL |
      He does not talk down to me and explains in easy to understand terminology what is going on and what needs to be done. He shows me all pictures taken of my condition. He is very friendly and doesn't have one foot out the door while I'm still asking questions.
      in Marengo, IL |
      I have had both shoulders done by Dr. Izquierdo. I would recommend him to anyone needing shoulder surgery. He knows what he is doing. After the surgery I have progressed farther and faster than other people that have went through this surgery. I had both done within 1 1/2 years and no problems and both feel great. He has you come in for post op. checks monthly for 6 months some sooner at first. These are all at no charge.
      in Crystal Lake, IL |
      Because my broken shoulder was the result of an unexpected fall, it was mentally very difficult to get past the pain and time it took to heal. Dr. Izquierdo was beyond compassionate and extremely knowledgeable!! He listened to all of my questions & concerns. He gave me the encouragement to continue my physical therapy and healing process. I do not think without his encouragement I would have able to get back on track as I have. I was treated with great respect and I thank you & your staff.
      in Crystal Lake, IL |
      Dr. Izquierdo and staff have been able to return me to a perfectly normal lifestyle in less time than originally estimated. Have always been incredibly attentive to my needs and to my well being. I hope NEVER to return to a surgeon but - if i did - this would be my first and only choice.
      in Crystal Lake, IL |
      All 4 members of my family have had surgeries by Dr. Izquierdo. We have all had excellent results. I have just recovered from a rotator cuff repair with excellent results. I have full range of motion now and no pain! Thanks, Dr. IZ!
      in Woodstock, IL |
      Rotator cuff surgery was one of the most difficult decisions I have made when it comes my health and I am glad I chose Dr. Izquierdo. He and his staff were very helpful and available even after hours, if I had questions or something was not right. I found that everyone was very friendly and always very cheerful and helpful!! I would definitely do it all again with Dr. Izquierdo and his staff!! I may need to do it all again for my left shoulder:)
      in Rockford, IL |
      Dr Izquierdo performed a complete replacement of my right shoulder. I was totally prepared for the procedure, knew what to expect, and everything turned out very well. He and his staff are consummate professionals. What was important to me was that he showed an active interest in my recovery after surgery was done. This was not the case with a previous shoulder replacement I underwent elsewhere. I found him to be a good guy and I enjoyed interacting with him. If you need a replacement, see him
      in Spring Grove, IL |
      I saw Dr. Izquierdo for a ruptured rotator cuff and some damage to my bicep. From the very first appointment , he was great. He has great bedside manor, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. With all the damage I had in my shoulder, he had me back at work in 5 weeks with restrictions,. This is a testament to the great work he does! Today I was released with no restrictions only 5 1/2 months after my procedure! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Izquierdo! He is a very talented doctor.
      My surgery and recovery went exactly as Dr. Izquirerdo had explained. He was very attentive and professional through the whole process. I would suggest Dr. Izquierdo to all my friends and family.
      in Lake in the hills il |
      Dr. Izquirdo has performed 4 ACL reconstruction surgeries on my 2 daughters and they were able to compete in D1 soccer program for 4 years. He also performed OCD and meniscus surgery. All with great success. Very friendly and helpful. Actually realized day of surgery what looked abnormal space in her ankle was normal for her. So no surgery was performed at the last minute. Shows he cared about patient and not money.
      in McHenry, IL |
      I found Dr. Izquierdo to be personable, confident and focused on what is best for the patient long-term. The support staff is a perfect complement to Dr. Izquierdo?s patient focused care. Phone calls to the office post-op were returned in a timely manner to answer my questions and concerns. Dr. Izquierdo is a skilled surgeon at the highest caliber who places the patients care & recovery as the highest priority. Dr. Izquierdo and his staff are also aware of patient?s personal needs.
      in Crystal Lake, IL |
      Dr. Izquierdo performed rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder this past year. Doctor Izquierdo was very informative throughout the process. I am very pleased with the results from the surgery. I would highly recommend Doctor Izquierdo to anyone needing an orthopedic surgeon.
      in Harvard, IL |
      Dr. Izquierdo is an amazing doctor and person! I am 16 years old and He not only did surgery on my shoulder and made everything work like new, but he also was very sweet and he does care about his patients! I am able to do everything I was before ever since ive had surgery, I strongly recommend going to doctor Izquierdo for a great and comfortable experience while going through surgery.
      in Crystal Lake, IL |
      Dr. Izquierdo spends quality time with his patients and explains the treatment plan very well. I have never felt rushed by him or his staff. Dr. Izquierdo has treated me (shoulder surgery), both my children (3 knee surgeries total), and my husband and I have recommended him to anyone who needs an orthopedic. We feel very fortunate to have such a quality orthopedic doctor in Crystal Lake!
      in Crystal Lake, IL |
      He is a very considerate, well mannered and thorough physician.
      Great doctor who has treated entire family. Done knee surgery on both kids with 100% recovery.
      Have you seen Dr. Izquierdo Jr.?
      Are you Dr. Izquierdo Jr.? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Izquierdo Jr.

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
      • Rotator Cuff Surgery
      • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
      • Shoulder Fracture Treatment

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Loyola University Of Chicago / Stritch School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1997

University Hospital

Completed in 2002

Columbia Presbyterian Hospital

Completed in 2003

University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Izquierdo Jr. has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Izquierdo Jr.'s experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
      • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

×

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Izquierdo Jr.

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Izquierdo Jr.'s Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Izquierdo Jr.

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients
      ×

Dr. Izquierdo Jr. says...

Dr. Izquierdo brings a unique set of skills to McHenry County. Skills built upon solid and very diverse training opportunities. The son of Cuban immigrants, Dr. Izquierdo is fluent in both English and Spanish. He was born and raised in the Chicagoland area.

It was at the University of Cincinnati Hospitals, now known as University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where Dr. Izquierdo completed his residency that he developed his special interest in sports medicine. During this time, he provided coverage as a team physician for the University of Cincinnati athletic programs and for the Cincinnati Bengal NFL football team. As a result, he pursued additional advance training by completing fellowships in shoulder and elbow reconstruction and in sports medicine at Columbia University at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York city before launching his practice.

Dr. Izquierdo remains active in medical education and identifying best practice recommendations. He served as chairman for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons' evidence based medicine committee for the clinical practice guideline for the management of shoulder arthritis. He has served as invited faculty at the American Academy of Orthopedics to instruct surgeons from around the world in the latest techniques in arthroscopic and reconstructive shoulder surgery. In addition, Dr. Izquierdo was nominated and selected to join the prestigious American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES). ASES is an invitation-only society of just 420 leading national and international Orthopaedic surgeons specializing in surgery of the shoulder and elbow.

Dr. Izquierdo routinely performs a high volume of total shoulder replacements, reverse total shoulder replacements, arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, as well as arthroscopic shoulder instability and labral repairs. He also performs sports-related elbow and knee surgeries, including ACL reconstructions.