Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD

Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery  ·
Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery specialist in Algonquin, IL and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from Loyola University Of Chicago / Stritch School Of Medicine in 1997 and specializes in orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery, sports medicine, and more.Read his story

650 S Randall Rd

Algonquin, IL 60102

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Cofinity
  • CorVel
  • ECOH
  • First Choice Health

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Izquierdo Jr's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Arm Surgery
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
  • Broken Arm
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Humerus
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture

"Dr. Izquierdo brings a unique set of skills to McHenry County. Skills built upon solid and very diverse training opportunities. The son of Cuban immigrants, Dr. Izquierdo is fluent in both English and Spanish. He was born and raised in the Chicagola...

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Izquierdo Jr

Dr. Izquierdo Jr?
Dr. Izquierdo Jr's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD
I needed a full shoulder replacement. Dr Izquierdo and his team did an outstanding job helping me. He is very professional and listens to your concerns. I was not able to put my arm over my head and now I am working out with weights again to regain lost strength. I highly recommend Dr. Izquierdo and his team for any shoulder work you my require.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
Love this guy. He bursts in the room with great positive energy. Makes you comfortable immediately. Gets down to business, wastes no time, but still makes you feel like your case is important to him.... knows exactly what he's doing. My outcome after shoulder surgery has been right on time, right on cue.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
I came in for a second opinion and ended up using Dr. Izquierdo to do my surgery. The initial Ortho wanted to do all sorts of things to my shoulder, and Dr. Izquierdo actually listened to my concern, knew my issue to be a Diabetic complication common with T1D, and knew the proper course of action. After a 90 minute surgery, I was back at work three days later. Highly recommend Dr. Izquierdo!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
Dr. Izquierdo replaced my shoulder 6 months ago. I am 64 years old and haven't been able to lift my arm above my head for years. Since the operation I am able to move my shoulder and in fact I have started to lift weights again to regain what I have lost over the past decade or more. His staff is excellent and made the scary procedure very comfortable. I highly recommend his service. In fact when people (other doctors) ask me who did the work, I tell them "Dr. Izquierdo" almost immediately they
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
Dr. Izquierdo handled my shoulder surgery and he and his team did a fantastic job! I could not be happier. From the pre- to post-surgery plan he had me back to full range of motion just as planned. I could not be happier. I'm a triathlete and put a lot of work on my shoulder - post surgery I am back to swimming just as much as before. Thank you Dr. Izquierdo!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
Dr. Izquierdo changed my life. I was in so much pain from my bad shoulder that I could no longer function. He did shoulder replacement surgery on me that was amazing. The results were phenomenal and the whole experience was completely painless from beginning to end. He listened to all my problems and concerns and gave me proactive solutions to avoid future issues. Plus he's got a really great sense of humor that helped put me at ease. This guy's a Godsend to people who have pain and need help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
after my 6 month period of my reverse shoulder replacement. Dr Izquierdo is very comforting , he asks all the questions concerning how you feel and your motion. Asked me if I had any question or concerns. I had no problems,rehab is very important . There therapy techs are also sharing in great advise and knowledge to achieve your total goal of no pain and full motion. Would recommend them to every one!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
True professional before during and after the surgery. Dr Izquierdo repaired my rotator cuff/bicep after a former doctor performed surgery - not once did Dr Izquierdo say one negative word toward the previous doctor - Dr Izquierdo explained what had to be redone to get a great quality of life back into my shoulder and he did it exactly as he planned. I have a great range of motion NO pain to keep me up and night and a great appreciation for the great work Dr Izquierdo and team performed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
Dr. Izquierdo surgically treated my ruptured distal biceps tendon. Excellent work.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
In October of 2016 I had a full thickness tear of my right supraspinatus tendon in my rotator cuff, Dr. Izquierdo repaired it. In October 2017 I had the exact problem in my left shoulder and Dr. Izquierdo repaired that one. Although rotator cuff surgery is a long and tedious recovery I could not be happier with my results. I have no pain, my range of motion is excellent and above all I am thankful to have found such a great doctor! I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
Dr. Izquierdo and his team are a rare blend of world-class technical capability with genuine and demonstrated care and concern. All the surgeons and teams I've worked with (11 surgeries) were capable and well-intentioned. Dr. Izquierdo is in a class by himself; he and his team are the best I have ever worked with. He fixed me and did so with a minimum of physical and emotional pain. If you need orthopaedic surgery, I recommend you get to Chicagoland and see Dr. Izquierdo.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Izquierdo from a friend. I had severe shoulder pain for over a year. I ignored the pain and continued to work out. After being in pain for a year I seen another doctor located by my house. After two visits with him and only receiving the answer of shots don't work you may need surgery, I decided to move on. After seeing Dr Izquierdo 3 times and using his recommendations of PT and necessary changes at the gym, I found myself with 90% of my range of motion back and very l
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
I recently had surgery on my right shoulder due to a torn inferior/posterior labrum. I strongly recommend Dr. Rolando Izquierdo for his orthopedic expertise . He came up with a plan and executed that plan flawlessly. I chose OrthoIL for my planned pre and post physical therapy. I was fully released an entire month early due to their intense motivation. I would like to thank Dr.Izquierdo, Mike Smerek, Kelly Brinkman, and the rest of the helpful staff at OrthoIL, thank you for simplicity!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
Dr. Izquierdo has done both of my rotator cuff surgeries. Both of them were very positive experiences and had great outcomes. My latest was May 2018. He is very personable and is skilled at what he does. I wouldn't hesitate at all in recommending him for anyone in need of this surgery. His staff is very friendly and helpful. The process was easy and they guide you through everything that needs to be done from scheduling to recovery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
Surgical Shoulder Repair. Informed thoroughly through the entire process. The knowledge, professionalism, and compassion provided by Dr. Izquierdo and his entire staff provided a reassured confidence. I just had my final post surgical appointment, (5 months post op), and the final results are outstanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
When I was told by my orthopedic doc that I needed a rt. shoulder replaced he did not hesitate for a second recommending Dr. Izquierdo. He simply said that he is the only one he would go to himself . "He is just the best" quote. My primary doc and I talked about this also. She also said "He is the best shoulder guy and would be my first choice"quote. I found him friendly and confident. I am elated with the outcome. The shoulder works like original equipment ! I am really happy! You will be too !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
My reverse shoulder replacement surgery was performed 6 months ago by Dr. Izquierdo. My results have been remarkable in achieving greater motion and strength in my shoulder approaching what is expected in a normal shoulder and eliminating the pain I had before surgery . He is an excellent surgeon. When consulting him before the surgery, he gave me my options with clear information about the potential benefits and risks of each option. He is very personable and easy to talk to.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
I had rotated cuff surgery 6 month ago. I had extensive work done at that time. I love to backpack and hike in the out of doors. I wondered how all this would turn out. How soon could I get back to what I love. Well it is September and I have been given clear permission to resume my normal activities. I would very highly recommend this doctor to do any type of shoulder surgery you need. He was precise and thorough in his procedure in repairing my shoulder.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
After recieving numerous recommendations from friends who had medical treatments from Dr. Izquierdo, I sought his services. I am totally satisfied with the demeanor, professionlism, expertise exhibited by Dr. Izquierdo throughout my medical treatment. Dr. Izquierdo quickly diagnosed, performed surgery and followed up on all my rehab care. Further, I truly applaud his willingness to listen to my concerns about the various treatment options he proferred. Thanks Dr Iz and your excellent staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
Very easy to talk to answered all my question in a way i understood . Surgery went perfect. Office staff and assistants made goin relaxed and not stressful
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Izquierdo Jr?

OrthoIllinois