Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD

Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery | Male

OrthoIllinois 750 E Terra Cotta Ave Crystal Lake, IL 60014 Get Directions

Dr. Izquierdo brings a unique set of skills to McHenry County. Skills built upon solid and very diverse training opportunities. The son of Cuban immigrants, Dr. Izquierdo is fluent in both English and Spanish. He was born and raised in the Chicagoland area. It was at the University of Cincinnati Hospitals, now known as University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where Dr. Izquierdo completed his residency that he developed his special interest in sports medicine. During this time, he provided coverage as a team physician for the University of Cincinnati athletic programs and for the Cincinnati Bengal NFL football team. As a result, he pursued additional advance training by completing fellowships in shoulder and elbow reconstruction and in sports medicine at Columbia University at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York city before launching his practice. Dr. Izquierdo remains active in medical education and identifying best practice recommendations. He served as chairman for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons' evidence based medicine committee for the clinical practice guideline for the management of shoulder arthritis. He has served as invited faculty at the American Academy of Orthopedics to instruct surgeons from around the world in the latest techniques in arthroscopic and reconstructive shoulder surgery. In addition, Dr. Izquierdo was nominated and selected to join the prestigious American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES). ASES is an invitation-only society of just 420 leading national and international Orthopaedic surgeons specializing in surgery of the shoulder and elbow. Dr. Izquierdo routinely performs a high volume of total shoulder replacements, reverse total shoulder replacements, arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, as well as arthroscopic shoulder instability and labral repairs. He also performs sports-related elbow and knee surgeries, including ACL reconstructions.

Dr. Izquierdo Jr's Experience

See how Dr. Izquierdo Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Izquierdo Jr

Dr. Izquierdo Jr accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Izquierdo Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Izquierdo Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Izquierdo Jr to family and friends
Dr. Izquierdo Jr's Performance
I had a reverse shoulder replacement done 7 months ago and I feel great!
in South Beloit, IL |
I had my reverse total shoulder replacement and I am back to playing golf. If I had known it would be this easy I would have done this years ago!
in Spring grove, IL |
My shoulder was dislocating. I had surgery about 6 months ago and am back to all activities including weight lifting and working with out issues.
in Huntley, IL |
I had shoulder surgery 3 months ago and am back to cutting tree limbs and all my normal activities.
in Huntley, IL |
I had my shoulder replaced two years ago and it feels great. I'm back to all my activities without any issues.
in Rockford, IL |
I hurt my shoulder at work and had surgery. I was able to return to work full duty.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo took excellent care of my son's knee fracture. Every post operative appointment he was very kind and his staff was wonderful. I will refer him to any of my family and friends.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
I had a serious infection in my shoulder from diabetes, that Dr. Izquierdo diagnosed and treated. I am now back to work full duty with no restrictions!
in Cary, IL |
I had shoulder surgery 4.5 months and am back to all activities.
in Mchenry, IL |
I had a bad work injury that need surgery to fix. I am now 1+ years from surgery and am able to work full duty.
in Mchenry, IL |
I had a shoulder replacement out of state and it got infected. I saw dr. Izquierdo and he redid my shoulder replacement. I am not 7 months from the redo surgery and am able to play golf again.
Rockford, IL |
I had a rotator cuff repair and I'm doing great! Back to activities and work.
in Huntley, IL |
My left shoulder hurt. I saw dr. Izquierdo and he treat me conservatively and now I have no shoulder pain.
in South Beloit, IL |
I have returned to my activities of horseback riding and camping.
Rockford, IL |
I had a rotator cuff repair and I'm doing great! I'm back to golf and cycling.
Rockford, IL |
Very confident, kept promises and a good sense of humor! Highly competent staff all around!
in Marengo, IL |
Very knowledgeable and personable. A pleasure to see every time. Would highly recommend!!
He cares.
in Huntley, IL |
I first became associated with Dr. Izquierdo during my son's Sr. year in High School Football (2 years prior). Over the summer camp my son dislocated his shoulder and tore his sub scapula. The Dr. worked with us to get him through the season and the repair. He was so great that I sought him out when I detached my pectoral tendon from my shoulder while exercising. He was one of the few doctors that had don that surgery in the past. He gave me a clear vision of what to expect in terms of sur
in Mchenry, IL |
I have unfortunately needed shoulder surgery twice on my right shoulder as I tore the tendon in the same place approx. a year apart. Dr. Izquierdo used the same incision sites for the 2nd surgery to minimize scaring & you can barely see the scars. This past July I took a fall & while trying to protect my right shoulder, I tore the labrum in my left shoulder, among other issues we later found. I have made complete recoveries from all 3 surgeries. An experienced, caring physician. Rare these days.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Thanks to Dr. Izquierdo and the entire team at Ortho Illinois, both my right and left rotator cuff surgeries were a huge success. After a few months of physical therapy and some continued exercises at home, I feel like I'm back to 100%!
in Spring Grove, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo did a great job on my shoulder repair. He is really easy to talk to and gives good information about diagnosis. Recovery and physical therapy was planned by Dr. He provides detailed instructions to Physical Therapist to follow. Outstanding doctor and surgeon. I will go back to him again if needed and highly recommend him.
Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo does a great job as a surgeon and a communicator. Everything went exactly as described, except I was released a month earlier than initially anticipated. He is easy to talk to and answers questions in plain language. The staff was fast and helpful. I have recommended him to friends and family and have never heard anything but very positive feedback.
Dundee, IL |
Best doctor I know, I have been through 2 Shoulder surgeries and 1 Knee surgery with him. He has always explained everything throughly and made sure I understood what was going on and all of my options. He is extremely professional and he cares...He wants to fix the issue and make sure you are pain free and not have any issues. I wouldn't recommend anyone else. He is the best doctor out there!
in Tucson, AZ |
Very good doctor! I had a complete tear in my rotator cuff, supraspinatus. He repaired it the end of October 2016. I received excellent post op care, and physical therapy that has really helped. I was so blessed to find Dr. Izquierdo because I actually live in Tucson , Arizona and happened to be temporarily living in Illinois when the need for surgery was imminate. Thank you, Dr. Izquierdo!
Lake in the hills |
Dr Izquierdo is the only surgeon in the region who could fix my shoulder replacement. The doctor at MCO tried to send me to the city for a second opinion but Rush told me to see Dr. I and I'm glad I did because now I feel great!!
in Mchenry, Illinois |
About 10 years ago, I had a large tear on my rotator cuff which Dr. Isquierdo repaired. Being in construction and having constant movement with my shoulder every work day, a solid repair was vital. After ten years, my shoulder still feels great with excellent mobility. Although my physical therapy after surgery was a big factor, without his expertise and skilled hands I would not have had amazing results that allowed me to carry on my profession and be so active every day.
in Mchenry, IL |
He is an excellent and professional doctor and surgeon! He is understanding and sensitive and his staff is also professional and friendly! A very positive experience!
in Mount Prospect, IL |
I had surgery on my shoulder for a torn rotator cuff in August. Dr. Izquierdo was referred to me by my sister and a friend of hers. I am a nurse and Dr. Izquierdo met all of my high expectations. I had minimal pain, tiny incisions,and wonderful care. You have a large support group in his staff available to you weeks before surgery and after. I would recommend Dr. Izquierdo and Orthoillinois Group very highly. And he's gorgeous,besides!
Dr. Izquierdo performed Tommy John surgery on my teenager. I thoroughly appreciated all the information he gave us in trying to make the decision to do this surgery since it is really not necessary for anything other than playing baseball. He by no means pushed us to surgery. He worked great with my teenager and always made sure we as his parents were included in all information. His office staff is very competent and pleasant. Highly Recommend!!
in Antioch, Il. |
I had two shoulder surgeries by this doctor The first on my left shoulder in 2007 and the second on my right shoulder in 2015. Both involved rotator cuff repair as well as bicep tendon work. These kinds of surgeries are painful, the physical therapy is painful as well and daily living with only one arm is difficult as well. However, in both cases the outcome was perfect. I can do any kind of motion required of that of a 20 year old and I am now over 70. Can't recommend this doctor highly enough.
in Richmond, IL |
Had rotator cuff surgery in June 2016. I found him to be very attentive to the patients needs. His confidence in his skills is reassuring. I observed his care when he did my husband's shoulder replacement surgery in 2013. I had no doubts about having him do my surgery. His staff is marvelous, from the front desk to the scheduler and his assistants.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo did an excellent job repairing my rotator cuff and bicep tear. Accurate diagnosis, fantastic outcome of the surgery with successful physical therapy and follow ups.
in Carpentersville, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo treated me for Adhesive Capsulitis on my right shoulder. He was very informative & made me feel at ease with the entire pre and post procedure process. Four months after the surgery, I am at 90% recovery and range of movement on my right arm. Physical therapy provided after surgery was a tremendous help. I definitely recommend Dr. Izquierdo!
in Lake in the Hills, Illinois |
Dr Izquierdo, is professional, intelligent, compassionate, and a very down to earth guy. He's easy to talk to, and by my own experience, quite a good surgeon. I had repairs done to my right shoulder, which included a torn rotator cuff, removal of bursitis, removal of a bone spur, and more. My recovery wen't quite well too. I was off of all pain med's in less than one week, after surgery. After five months of physical therapy, I am pain free, with about 95% abilities.
in Huntley, IL |
After tearing my rotator cuff, I started asking around to find a good surgeon. I was surprised to find out how many people I knew that had a procedure done by Dr. Izquierdo. Every person I spoke to had good reviews about him. Immediately after my first consultation, I felt he was the right person for my procedure. Everything went great from my pre op, surgery, and post op visits. I would definitely use Dr. Izquierdo again and would also recommend him to everyone.
in Woodstock, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo did reverse shoulder replacement surgery on me because I had a badly torn rotator cuff. From his first examination, through surgery, after-care and follow-up visits, I have had only good experiences with him and with his entire staff. He was sympathetic about my pain, but very reassuring that it could be ended. And it was! It's been six months since I had the surgery and I am now pain free and have almost all my range of motion back. He is the best!
in Ringwood, IL |
Had 4 tendons repaired and he explained why they were torn and what he was going to do to fix them. He always had a positive attitude and a friendly smile
in Belvidere, IL |
Very comforting to be around gave me relief of elbow pain after almost 2 years of it being misdiagnosed by others. Recovery time was very fast and I couldn't be more satisfied
in Marengo, IL |
Highly professional and has a clear plan from the beginning of first appointment. Alleviates any concerns you may have and makes sure to answer any and every question you may have. There was not one time I felt "in the dark" about my surgery or recovery process. Surgery itself was highly successful and much easier than I had anticipated based on others' experiences. 10/10 would recommend to anyone.
in McHenry, IL |
Dr Izquierdo and his support staff were excellent. I had a torn rotator cuff. Dr. Izquierdo explained my options thoroughly, both short and long term. I opted for repair surgery and everything went well and tracked my expectations. Follow up was consistent and thorough, and I made a full recovery. In fact my range of motion improved from prior to my injury as he removed a bone spur while he was working in the vicinity to repair the tendon tear. He and his staff were attentive, courteous and kind
Genoa City, WI |
I am very happy with the results of my shoulder replacement. Dr. Izquierdo explained everything in advance, He did a really good job. My life is much improved. Thank You Dr. Izquierdo
in Mchenry, IL |
I had a major Rota tor Cuff tear with Bicep issues. I had surgery and 6 months later returned to work as a Fireman. The whole process was fully explained. The Dr. handled with great confidence and re-assurance that it could be fixed and it has bee. The entire operation is very professional and I would recommend this surgeon and entire group to anybody.
in Woodstock, il |
Dr.Izquierdo was outstanding. Him and his staff demonstate what all doctors should strive to be. Very little wait time if any, very knowledgeable and caring. Overall just a genuine sincere guy. Thanks for all the help.
in Fox Lake, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo and his staff made me feel very comfortable. I was able to ask questions without feeling rushed and the answers given were in terms that I could understand. My shoulder surgery was very successful and I am back to all normal activities. I would highly recommend Dr. Izquierdo.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo, was awesome. My 26 year old daughter, an industrial electrician had severe right shoulder pain, she had spurs that were tearing her bicep tendon, and lots of bursitis. Dr. Izquierdo used surgery as a last resort, and ended up tacking her bicep tendon to her arm as it was quite torn from the spurs, his fear was that it might give way and fall as athletes have happen and the repair of that would be long and painful. she is 8 months after surgery and therapy almost 100%. Very happy.
Huntley, IL |
He does not talk down to me and explains in easy to understand terminology what is going on and what needs to be done. He shows me all pictures taken of my condition. He is very friendly and doesn't have one foot out the door while I'm still asking questions.
in Marengo, IL |
I have had both shoulders done by Dr. Izquierdo. I would recommend him to anyone needing shoulder surgery. He knows what he is doing. After the surgery I have progressed farther and faster than other people that have went through this surgery. I had both done within 1 1/2 years and no problems and both feel great. He has you come in for post op. checks monthly for 6 months some sooner at first. These are all at no charge.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Because my broken shoulder was the result of an unexpected fall, it was mentally very difficult to get past the pain and time it took to heal. Dr. Izquierdo was beyond compassionate and extremely knowledgeable!! He listened to all of my questions & concerns. He gave me the encouragement to continue my physical therapy and healing process. I do not think without his encouragement I would have able to get back on track as I have. I was treated with great respect and I thank you & your staff.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo and staff have been able to return me to a perfectly normal lifestyle in less time than originally estimated. Have always been incredibly attentive to my needs and to my well being. I hope NEVER to return to a surgeon but - if i did - this would be my first and only choice.
Have you seen Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Izquierdo Jr?

Compare Dr. Izquierdo Jr

Dr. Izquierdo Jr says...

Dr. Izquierdo Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Izquierdo Jr has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Izquierdo Jr's Board Certifications

Columbia Presbyterian Hospital

Completed in 2003

University of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Izquierdo Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Izquierdo Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery