Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD

Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery  |
Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery doctor who practices in Crystal Lake, IL. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Read his story

750 E Terra Cotta Ave

Crystal Lake, IL 60014

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CorVel
  • ECOH
  • First Choice Health
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Izquierdo Jr

See how frequently Dr. Izquierdo Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Shoulder Disorders
Arm Surgery
Osteoarthritis of Shoulder

Dr. Izquierdo Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Izquierdo Jr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Izquierdo Jr "Dr. Izquierdo brings a unique set of skills to McHenry County. Skills built upon solid and very diverse training opportunities. The son of Cuban immigrants, Dr. Izquierdo is fluent in both English and Spanish. He was born and raised in the Chicagoland area. It was at the University of Cincinnati Hospitals, now known as University of Cincinnati Medical Center, where Dr. Izquierdo completed his residency that he developed his special interest in sports medicine. During this time, he provided coverage as a team physician for the University of Cincinnati athletic programs and for the Cincinnati Bengal NFL football team. As a result, he pursued additional advance training by completing fellowships in shoulder and elbow reconstruction and in sports medicine at Columbia University at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York city before launching his practice. Dr. Izquierdo remains active in medical education and identifying best practice recommendations. He served as chairman for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons' evidence based medicine committee for the clinical practice guideline for the management of shoulder arthritis. He has served as invited faculty at the American Academy of Orthopedics to instruct surgeons from around the world in the latest techniques in arthroscopic and reconstructive shoulder surgery. In addition, Dr. Izquierdo was nominated and selected to join the prestigious American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES). ASES is an invitation-only society of just 420 leading national and international Orthopaedic surgeons specializing in surgery of the shoulder and elbow. Dr. Izquierdo routinely performs a high volume of total shoulder replacements, reverse total shoulder replacements, arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, as well as arthroscopic shoulder instability and labral repairs. He also performs sports-related elbow and knee surgeries, including ACL reconstructions."

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  • Sports Medicine

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*
    Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Broken Arm
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Internal Derangement of Knee

• Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
  • University Of Cincinnati Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Columbia Presbyterian Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Izquierdo Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Izquierdo Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Izquierdo Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Izquierdo Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Izquierdo Jr to family and friends
Dr. Izquierdo Jr's Performance
in crystal lake, il |
Fern above the best experience I've ever had with any dr. In my entire life this guy knows what he's doing better than anyone I've ever met. He has a way of making you feel comfortable that is unbelievable quite simply put if you have any shoulder injury injury or in need of Orthopedic care you be a fool. Caring responsive and exceedingly knowledgeable.
Loves Park, IL |
I had my rotator cuff repaired and am back to work after 5 months and doing great!
in Rockford, IL |
I had a 4 part fracture. We proceeded with a reverse shoulder replacement. I am 2 years from surgery and am back to being a nurse with no issues.
in Woodstock, IL |
I had a fractured shoulder that healed without surgery. I am back to all of my activities with no problems.
in McHenry, IL |
I had a superior capsular reconstruction for a irreparable rotator cuff tear a year ago. I am doing great and back to golfing.
Rockford, IL |
I came to Dr. Izquierdo with a previous shoulder replacement that had gotten infected. He treatment my infection and revised my shoulder implant and have been doing very well since!
in Crystal Lake, IL |
I had my shoulder replaced four years ago and I'm doing great!
Rockford, IL |
I had a rotator cuff repair with a graft and I am back to all activities with no pain.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
My shoulder feels great after rotator cuff repair. I have returned to golf and I'm hitting the golf ball one club further!
in Huntley, IL |
I had a left reverse total shoulder replacement one year ago and I am pain free!
in Ringwood, IL |
I had my right shoulder replaced in 2009 and my left shoulder replaced in 2011. They are both doing great!
in Woodstock, IL |
I had both of my shoulder replaced and am back to all activities with no issues.
in Woodtock, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo repaired my rotator cuff and I'm doing great! His PA Marie is great also!
in Fox River Grove, IL |
Excellent care and follow-up!
in McHenry, IL |
I had my shoulder replaced and am back to all activities without any issues.
in McHenry, IL |
I had my shoulder replaced a year ago and I am doing great!
in Lake in the hills, IL |
my shoulder was dislocating. Dr. Izquierdo fixed my labrum 6 months ago. I am now back to all activities including working as a police officer.
in Rockford, IL |
I had a laterjet procedure
in Hebron, IL |
I had my shoulder surgery 5 months ago and am back to all activities with no issues.
in Elgin, IL |
I had my rotator cuff repaired by Dr. Izquierdo and I'm back to work and all activities.
in South Beloit, IL |
I had my reverse total shoulder replacement and I am back to playing golf. If I had known it would be this easy I would have done this years ago!
in Huntley, IL |
I had shoulder surgery 3 months ago and am back to cutting tree limbs and all my normal activities.
in Huntley, IL |
I had my shoulder replaced two years ago and it feels great. I'm back to all my activities without any issues.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo took excellent care of my son's knee fracture. Every post operative appointment he was very kind and his staff was wonderful. I will refer him to any of my family and friends.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
I had a serious infection in my shoulder from diabetes, that Dr. Izquierdo diagnosed and treated. I am now back to work full duty with no restrictions!
Rockford, IL |
I had a rotator cuff repair and I'm doing great! Back to activities and work.
in South Beloit, IL |
I have returned to my activities of horseback riding and camping.
Rockford, IL |
I had a rotator cuff repair and I'm doing great! I'm back to golf and cycling.
Rockford, IL |
Very confident, kept promises and a good sense of humor! Highly competent staff all around!
in Marengo, IL |
Very knowledgeable and personable. A pleasure to see every time. Would highly recommend!!
He cares.
in Huntley, IL |
I first became associated with Dr. Izquierdo during my son's Sr. year in High School Football (2 years prior). Over the summer camp my son dislocated his shoulder and tore his sub scapula. The Dr. worked with us to get him through the season and the repair. He was so great that I sought him out when I detached my pectoral tendon from my shoulder while exercising. He was one of the few doctors that had don that surgery in the past. He gave me a clear vision of what to expect in terms of sur
in Mchenry, IL |
I have unfortunately needed shoulder surgery twice on my right shoulder as I tore the tendon in the same place approx. a year apart. Dr. Izquierdo used the same incision sites for the 2nd surgery to minimize scaring & you can barely see the scars. This past July I took a fall & while trying to protect my right shoulder, I tore the labrum in my left shoulder, among other issues we later found. I have made complete recoveries from all 3 surgeries. An experienced, caring physician. Rare these days.
in Crystal Lake, IL |
Thanks to Dr. Izquierdo and the entire team at Ortho Illinois, both my right and left rotator cuff surgeries were a huge success. After a few months of physical therapy and some continued exercises at home, I feel like I'm back to 100%!
in Spring Grove, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo did a great job on my shoulder repair. He is really easy to talk to and gives good information about diagnosis. Recovery and physical therapy was planned by Dr. He provides detailed instructions to Physical Therapist to follow. Outstanding doctor and surgeon. I will go back to him again if needed and highly recommend him.
Crystal Lake, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo does a great job as a surgeon and a communicator. Everything went exactly as described, except I was released a month earlier than initially anticipated. He is easy to talk to and answers questions in plain language. The staff was fast and helpful. I have recommended him to friends and family and have never heard anything but very positive feedback.
Dundee, IL |
Best doctor I know, I have been through 2 Shoulder surgeries and 1 Knee surgery with him. He has always explained everything throughly and made sure I understood what was going on and all of my options. He is extremely professional and he cares...He wants to fix the issue and make sure you are pain free and not have any issues. I wouldn't recommend anyone else. He is the best doctor out there!
in Tucson, AZ |
Very good doctor! I had a complete tear in my rotator cuff, supraspinatus. He repaired it the end of October 2016. I received excellent post op care, and physical therapy that has really helped. I was so blessed to find Dr. Izquierdo because I actually live in Tucson , Arizona and happened to be temporarily living in Illinois when the need for surgery was imminate. Thank you, Dr. Izquierdo!
Lake in the hills |
Dr Izquierdo is the only surgeon in the region who could fix my shoulder replacement. The doctor at MCO tried to send me to the city for a second opinion but Rush told me to see Dr. I and I'm glad I did because now I feel great!!
in Mchenry, Illinois |
About 10 years ago, I had a large tear on my rotator cuff which Dr. Isquierdo repaired. Being in construction and having constant movement with my shoulder every work day, a solid repair was vital. After ten years, my shoulder still feels great with excellent mobility. Although my physical therapy after surgery was a big factor, without his expertise and skilled hands I would not have had amazing results that allowed me to carry on my profession and be so active every day.
in Mchenry, IL |
He is an excellent and professional doctor and surgeon! He is understanding and sensitive and his staff is also professional and friendly! A very positive experience!
in Mount Prospect, IL |
I had surgery on my shoulder for a torn rotator cuff in August. Dr. Izquierdo was referred to me by my sister and a friend of hers. I am a nurse and Dr. Izquierdo met all of my high expectations. I had minimal pain, tiny incisions,and wonderful care. You have a large support group in his staff available to you weeks before surgery and after. I would recommend Dr. Izquierdo and Orthoillinois Group very highly. And he's gorgeous,besides!
Dr. Izquierdo performed Tommy John surgery on my teenager. I thoroughly appreciated all the information he gave us in trying to make the decision to do this surgery since it is really not necessary for anything other than playing baseball. He by no means pushed us to surgery. He worked great with my teenager and always made sure we as his parents were included in all information. His office staff is very competent and pleasant. Highly Recommend!!
in Antioch, Il. |
I had two shoulder surgeries by this doctor The first on my left shoulder in 2007 and the second on my right shoulder in 2015. Both involved rotator cuff repair as well as bicep tendon work. These kinds of surgeries are painful, the physical therapy is painful as well and daily living with only one arm is difficult as well. However, in both cases the outcome was perfect. I can do any kind of motion required of that of a 20 year old and I am now over 70. Can't recommend this doctor highly enough.
in Richmond, IL |
Had rotator cuff surgery in June 2016. I found him to be very attentive to the patients needs. His confidence in his skills is reassuring. I observed his care when he did my husband's shoulder replacement surgery in 2013. I had no doubts about having him do my surgery. His staff is marvelous, from the front desk to the scheduler and his assistants.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo did an excellent job repairing my rotator cuff and bicep tear. Accurate diagnosis, fantastic outcome of the surgery with successful physical therapy and follow ups.
in Carpentersville, IL |
Dr. Izquierdo treated me for Adhesive Capsulitis on my right shoulder. He was very informative & made me feel at ease with the entire pre and post procedure process. Four months after the surgery, I am at 90% recovery and range of movement on my right arm. Physical therapy provided after surgery was a tremendous help. I definitely recommend Dr. Izquierdo!
in Lake in the Hills, Illinois |
Dr Izquierdo, is professional, intelligent, compassionate, and a very down to earth guy. He's easy to talk to, and by my own experience, quite a good surgeon. I had repairs done to my right shoulder, which included a torn rotator cuff, removal of bursitis, removal of a bone spur, and more. My recovery wen't quite well too. I was off of all pain med's in less than one week, after surgery. After five months of physical therapy, I am pain free, with about 95% abilities.
in Huntley, IL |
After tearing my rotator cuff, I started asking around to find a good surgeon. I was surprised to find out how many people I knew that had a procedure done by Dr. Izquierdo. Every person I spoke to had good reviews about him. Immediately after my first consultation, I felt he was the right person for my procedure. Everything went great from my pre op, surgery, and post op visits. I would definitely use Dr. Izquierdo again and would also recommend him to everyone.
in Ringwood, IL |
Had 4 tendons repaired and he explained why they were torn and what he was going to do to fix them. He always had a positive attitude and a friendly smile
Have you seen Dr. Rolando Izquierdo Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Izquierdo Jr?

Visit Dr. Izquierdo Jr

Dr. Izquierdo Jr accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CorVel