Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Roland Hernandez, DDS
Dr. Roland Hernandez was born and raised in Miami, Florida. He received his Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree from the University of California in San Francisco where he was student body president of the International Dentist Program. His residency training in oral and maxillofacial surgery was done at the University of Miami School of Medicine where he was the chief resident and received an Outstanding Surgical Skills Award. He is affiliated with several major hospitals and teaching programs in the area. He lectures extensively and has several publications in the areas of maxillofacial trauma and reconstruction. In addition, he is affiliated with several professional organizations like the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Florida Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Fort Lauderdale Dental Study Club, Fort Lauderdale Surgical Society, and Broward County Dental Association.

1625 SE 3rd Ave # 802

• Dominion Insurance
  • Golden Rule
  • Guardian

Learn about Dr. Hernandez

My goal is and always has been to offer patients the full scope of oral surgery services and to deliver treatment with honesty and compassion. I feel that it is extremely important to work hand in hand with my patients to ensure that they fully understand their condition and my treatment recommendations. I want every patient to feel safe, calm, and comfortable when they visit us.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Teeth Extraction

• University Of California At San Francisco School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University Of Miami / School Of Medicine

Dr. Hernandez has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Hernandez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hernandez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hernandez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hernandez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hernandez to family and friends
Dr. Hernandez's Performance
in Fort Lauderdale, Florida |
Excellent doctor. Would HIGHLY recommend to anyone.
Miami, FL |
Great experience, implant with no pain, very professional, the staff is awesome. I would recommend to everyone!!
It is our pleasure to make your experience as pleasant as possible. We are thankful that you took time out of your day to let others know about your positive experience coming to our practice. We appreciate it more than you know.
in Plantation |
This review is to the person who is afraid of going to a dentist or needles. Dr hernandez came highly recommended to me by my dentist. I immediately felt at ease in my initial visit and and his stafff. My fears went away on that day and on my procedure. i am truly a baby when it comes to needles, Dr hernandez listened to my concerns and fears and assured me not to worry. I amhappy to say i will be back for more work next year. Do not hesitate about this doctor he is superior to other doctors.
Thank you, Sandra, for recommending our practice. You were an absolute pleasure to work with. Our entire staff strives to give each and every patient the best possible experience and outcome, and it means the world to us when we receive feedback like yours.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
My daughter needed four impacted wisdom teeth to come out and I was looking for the best oral surgeon to extract in OR settting due to a reaction to anesthesia she had when she was seven years old. Dr. Hernandez listened to my concerns and took care of everything to provide a safe environment for this procedure. Dr. Hernandez is very professional and has great compassion. His office staff phenomenal , Yordy arranged everything and also very professional , recommend highly!
Thank you, Brenda, for recommending our practice. You and your daughter were an absolute pleasure to work with. We are thankful that you took time out of your day to let others know about your positive experience coming to our practice. We appreciate it more than you know.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Hernandez and his staff are exceptional. They were patient, kind, and explained each step of my daughter's oral surgery. The surgery itself went smoothly and her recovery time was faster than expected. I would highly recommend this Doctor for any oral surgery needs.
Thank you so much, Denise. We are grateful that you and your daughter had such a pleasant experience with our staff. Our entire staff strives to give each and every patient the best possible experience and outcome, and it means the world to us when we receive feedback likes yours.
in Pompano beach, FL |
Dr. Roland Hernandez and his staff are amazing! From being greeted at the door by Yordy the warm and welcoming atmosphere only gets better. All around amazing experience, highly recommend him!
Thank you, Adrian, for recommending our practice. You were an absolute pleasure to work with. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. This allows others in our community to make better decisions about where to go for their oral surgery needs, now knowing how your experience was.
Pompano Beach, FL |
I don't think I've ever been to any medical practice, dental or otherwise, where every single person is as pleasant as Dr Hernandez's staff. From the first time I called with insurance questions, they were very attentive and helped guide us the entire way. My son had all his wisdom teeth impacted. Dr Hernandez was very patient in explaining everything prior to the surgery. We never felt rushed even though it's obvious this is all routine to them. Highly recommend.
Thank you for recommending our practice. Knowing about your experience at our practice allows us to give future patients exceptional care and provide the best possible outcome. Thank you so much for leaving this review and letting us know how we did.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Wonderful patience dealing with my 93 year old mom.
Thank you for the 5-star review, Marsha! We are thankful that you took time out of your day to let others know about your positive experience coming to our practice. We appreciate it more than you know.
in Miramar, FL |
Best oral surgeon ever , great working staff and office , great experience overall.
It is our pleasure to make your experience as pleasant as possible, Luis. You have absolutely made our day. Reviews like yours make us so thankful to be able to do what we love and help people in our community.
in Punta Gorda, FL |
I was in and out as quickly as possible , Dr.Hernandez was extremely thorough and the work he did was completely painless, the girls assisting him were courteous and helpful. It was a great experience.
Thank you, Viena. It is great to hear that you experienced no pain in your procedure and recovery. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. This allows others in our community to make better decisions about where to go for their oral surgery needs, now knowing how your experience was.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I cannot give enough praise to not only Dr. Hernandez himself, but the entire staff. It's a very unsettling experience having to see an oral surgeon, but this office makes you feel so welcome. Everyone is caring, understanding and supportive. And Dr. Hernandez is a gem! Hopefully, I won't need the services of an oral surgeon in the near future, but when/if i do, this is the ONLY office I would go to - with a smile!
Thank you so much, Lew. We are grateful that you had such a pleasant experience with our staff. Our entire staff strives to give each and every patient the best possible experience and outcome, and it means the world to us when we receive feedback likes yours.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Hernandez is the BEST!!! - Yordi as well she was very helpful and helped me get an appointment quick as she knew I was in pain, the doctor was amazing.. very knowledgeable and comforting, I was trying to avoid my wisdom teeth procedure out for almost 7 years because I was scared but I finally had to do it and I wish I did it sooner!!! - It was so much easier than I thought and so quick, no pain, no swelling and I feel so much better ! thank you guys! You rock!
We're so glad that you had a great experience and enjoyed working with our staff. Thank you for choosing us, Caterine!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
5 stars aren't enough to rate this amazing surgeon. I was referred to Dr. Hernandez for an infection following the removal of an impacted wisdom tooth that had gone terribly wrong. I was in excruciating pain and had lost the feeling on the right side of my face. His compassion was immediately evident. I knew I was in good hands. His first priority was to address my suffering and then propose a treatment plan. I slept that night for the first time in weeks! I am fully recovered thanks to Dr. H.
It means the world to us that you had a great experience. Thank you for the review! Please tell your friends and family!
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Hernandez was great, I saw him for the consultation and he explained my options to me. I decided to have one wisdom tooth extracted. His staff sent clear instructions before hand and happily answered follow up questions that I had. The morning of the surgery I waited maybe 2 minutes then we were underway. The surgery and recovery was exactly what they said to expect.
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We truly appreciate the kind words. Please tell your friends and family!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
If you should EVER find yourself in the situation where you need to see a Surgeon for a Dental situation, Dr. Hernandez should be your only stop. From beginning to end, my experience was without a flaw. I was dismayed when my regular Dentist informed me that I would need to see a specialist to address a broken dental implant. He assured me that he was referring me to the BEST and I couldn't agree more. Not only is Dr. Hernandez amazing, but his staff is AWESOME! You'll feel like family.
We're so glad that you had a great experience and enjoyed working with our staff. Thank you for choosing us!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Roland is amazing!! I had to take out one of my wisdom teeth and he did an excellent job. I also referred my daughter to him when she was leaving for the Air Force and had all her wisdom teeth removed. I was the one that accompanied her to her appointment. She came out and had very little pain and was back to regular activities the very next day. Thank you Dr. Hernandez and your wonderful staff for the professional, caring and quality care. Telisa Days/Krystal Days
Thank you for the wonderful review. It was our pleasure to take care of you and your daughter! Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you in the future.
in Hialeah, FL |
Our experience with Dr. Hernandez was excellent . I keep recomending him to all my family and everyone that needs a Maxillofacial surgeon.My daughter needed her wisdom teeth extracted they were laying down and compressing the other tooth. He did his job super well my daughter had discomfort no throbbing pain. The front desk Yordi is super sweet and answered all my questions . And I cannot leave out Veronica she assisted my daughter thru all the surgery and was so sweet with my daughter. Thank y
Our pleasure! Glad to hear you had a 5-star experience. If you need anything in the future, we'd be happy to assist.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I had a great exsperence with Dr. Hernandez and would highly recommend him and his AWESOME staff. They all make you feel very comfortable.
in Ft Lauderdale |
Dr. Hernandez was totally professional, explained everything in detail, and made me feel totally comfortable. I believe him to be the Rolls Royce of oral surgeons. The surgery was as painless as possible. From the moment I entered the office his staff courteous, welcoming and cheerful. Between the doctor and his incredible staff a potentially unpleasant experience became almost pleasant. At times the doctor and his staff had me laughing. I unequivocally recommend him.
Thank you for the wonderful review. It was our pleasure to take care of you! Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you in the future.
in New Jersey |
Dr Hernandez is the only Dr that can pull my teeth and leave everything in tact like it never happened . He is a highly skilled Dr that is a 5 * plus ( 5 star being the best) . I moved to NYC/New Jersey and won't let anyone else do my dental tooth pulls .. I recently flew to Florida to have Dr H pull two teeth with only superb painless extractions. His staff is 5 star!! I would fly to china if he was there - he is that good . Never a mistake or problem ever - he is the best! Sallie
Thank you for the wonderful review. We strive to give our patients the best possible outcome and we are happy that you had such a great experience.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
My experience with Dr. Hernandez and his staff was amazing, i ve never met a better doctor. He cares and wants you to feel super comfortable and pain free. He explains everything and takes his time to answer all your questions. My wisdom teeth removal surgery went quick and pain free and the healing only took about 4 days . if you get any pain during the healing process, he s ready to see you that same day to provide you with instant relief . I am so thankful! I recommend him to Everyone!!!!!!!
in Hollywood, FL |
Excellent experience here. I had my wisdom teeth removed and no pain at all. Hands down the best oral surgeon I've been too.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
This team is the absolute best! I was so afraid to have my wisdom teeth taken out, but the whole team here took such great care of me prior to surgery that I felt much better going into the procedure, and now, over a week after surgery I can happily say that I had no swelling and almost no pain at all!! I never even had to take any painkillers. Recovery was so much easier than I expected and I know it was because of the expert work of Dr. Hernandez and his staff.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
My 17 y.o. daughter had all 4 wisdom teeth removed June 2016. The front office and back office staff were wonderful. Dr. Hernandez took the time to explain the procedure and answered all questions. I felt very comfortable with him doing the procedure from meeting with him and also he came highly recommended from our family dentist. After the procedure detailed instructions were given and they followed up with a phone call as well. The1 wk post op visit was quick and everything went great!!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Quick, thorough, and friendly - A painless dental extraction visit! From setting appointments, to no waits, comfortable facility, and great staff makes Fort Lauderdale OMS top notch! Alexa B.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
His staff is untrustworthy. I've been trying to get a break down of cost for my son's oral surgery for over 6 months. Every time I call they promise they will call me back and of course that never happens. I've already put a deposit down with the orthodontist of their recommendation. My son needs the oral surgery urgently. I tried giving them the benefit of the doubt and called one last time 2 weeks ago and even asked to speak with the doctor or manager and NOTHING. Completely disappointed.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Got four 3rd molars pulled out, and everything went very smoothly. Thanks!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Great experience! Had 4 molars and 1 impacted tooth removed so i was worried about being out of work and in pain for a while. That wasn't the case. Had my procedure Friday morning and was back at work Sunday night with minimal pain through any of it. Dr. Hernandez and all the really sweet ladies in the office took GREAT care of me! :)
in Miramar, FL |
Great Practice, great staff, great doctor! Had my wisdom teeth removed and had NO PAIN!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Went to Dr. Hernandez to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed and everything from the front office to the surgery was first class. I highly recommend this office. I visited 2 other surgeon offices in the area and none of them made me feel this comfortable and took care of my financially. Thank you!
in North Miami Beach, Fl |
I had a great experience with Dr Hernandez. Excellent staff and exceptional service.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I had 4 wisdom plus 2 bicuspid extracted, Dr Hernandez said let me do the worry, this will be a piece of cake, a wonderful experience. I never in my life thought I was going to agree with him, but I do. Here I am writing his review 4 days after getting my 6 extractions done at once! I can honestly tell you I experienced zero pain. Zero! When I woke up it was all done. I do not know anybody that has had a better experience than mine. Dr Hernandez is the best. Search no more.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I highly recommend Dr. Hernandez and his staff. My wisdom tooth extraction went very well, no complications and no pain.
in Fort Lauderdale |
Dr. Hernandez is amazing! I had three wisdom teeth extracted and literally had no pain. His staff is amazing and they made the whole procedure less stressful. Veronica is awesome and I was very impressed with this office. I highly recommend him and his office for any oral surgery!
He is an excellent Doctor. The operation was really fast and everything went smoothly. The staff is very friendly.
Clean, quick, and efficient! Go there and it done right or don't and deal with the headache later! - Veronica keeps the vibe awesome in that place!
in Aventura, FL |
I recently had 4-wisdom teeth removed at age 62. I was expecting the worse, but was pleasantly surprised how well the process went. Dr. Hernandez and his staff did an outstanding job of care including a preliminary consultation of what to expect, examination to ensure no surprises and best of all very little pain or discomfort after the removal. My expectations were exceeded.
Have you seen Dr. Roland Hernandez, DDS?

Visit Dr. Hernandez