Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD

Dr. Melikian
Telehealth services available

Pacific Coast Sports Medicine

11710 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90025

Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Los Angeles, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Cedars Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital and Hoag Orthopedic Institute. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Melikian to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Melikian with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Dr. Melikian's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Melikian

Dr. Melikian?
  • Appointment scheduling (71)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (71)
  • Explained conditions well (71)
    Great and caring spine doctor, he really is the best!
    Miranda – Feb 24, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    Dr Melikian operated on my neck/spine in 2 locations and he was brilliant! 1 bulging disc and 1 stenosis of the spine. I had a total of 3 surgical consults with 3 surgeons. So happy I went with Dr Melikian as I’m very happy with my results. Everyone told me that the operation was just to halt deterioration of my gait but Dr Melikian gave me the slightest glimmer of hope that my gait might get better and he was successful! For an 80 yr old man the results are more than welcome! Anything to slow the progression of age. The patience in all of his explanations, the skill in actual surgery, the patience and recommendations in the follow-up visits - all outstanding! Highly recommend Dr Melikian!
    Aug 21, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    Since I am limited on the amount and extent of the review to truly do Dr. Melikian service, I will say I was told one thing by the 4 top neurosurgeons and spinal specialists chosen by me after extensive research which was a 3 level fusion and, although I was in high risk for potential paralysis, this procedure was never a consideration for me. After extensive research, I called and consulted Dr. Melikian. Keep in mind I was in excruciating daily pain and not sleeping more than 3 hours a day for months while experiencing a migraine at least every other day where I couldn't stand up. I was also severely depressed and worried for my life. The surgery was a 2 level cervical disc replacement and posterior farinotomy and was highly successful and life changing. His credentials and reviews here speak for themselves but my observations are theses: Best doctor of any specialty I have ever met The single most compassion, kind, and thought human being ever Accessible before, during-after.
    Todd – Jul 27, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    Dr. Melikian is not only a fabulous doctor, he is also a kind caring person. He listened to me carefully, explained my condition and potential solutions thoroughly, gave me time and space to process the information and make a decision on which path to take, and once I was ready for surgery he did an incredible job. His office staff and the surgery center staff were amazing too. I could not have asked for a better experience than I had. I am recovering nicely and have confidence that I will be back pain free for the first time in many years. I could not have made a better choice in a doctor/surgeon than Dr. Melikian. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs surgery and wants a great outcome!
    Judy C – Jun 15, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    Thank you Dr. Melikian for giving me my life back!
    Laura – Feb 07, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    Gave me my life back. If you're having any problems with your back, I would highly recommend seeing Dr. Melikian!
    Dec 18, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    What an amazing surgeon. I had my consultation with Dr. Melikian based on the referral from my orthopedic who was certain that I will end up having a lower back surgery. Dr. Melikian took his time examining me and going over all of my diagnostics. He used simple terminology even though he was informed I’m in the medical field. I was really surprised by finding him taking the time explaining to me my condition and my options. He made the option of having a surgery clear for expectations and outcome. My biggest surprise is after all the time he spent with me. He informed me that I would be a good candidate for a lower back surgery. BUT I don’t have to have it done now. Which is something you never hear from a surgeon. He gave me some instructions and exercises and what not to do and advised me to watch for the symptoms. And to come back for another evaluation in one year. He’s the most conservative surgeon I’ve seen in my entire life. Extremely honest, warm and humble. Doesn’t judge at
    KAREEM ABRAHAM – Aug 23, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    Outstanding doctor with an excellent ability to explain things in terms we could understand. Would highly recommend as a spine doctor.
    Sydney W. – Jul 19, 2019
    Great doctor!
    Matthew – Jul 06, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    He is the best! Easy to schedule with, easy to get in touch with, great bedside manner!
    Frank in Huntington Beach, CA – Jun 22, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    Dr. Melikian performed my L4-5 XLIF, L4-5 Bilateral Microdecompression and fusion surgery 10 weeks ago. Prior to surgery I was suffering from severe Sciatic pain down both legs. Standing, walking and sitting for any length of time as extremely painful. After surgery, which was performed at Marina del Ray Hospital, I was up and walking the same day with the help of hospital staff. I have had no sciatic pain since surgery and am healing very well. Able to walk 6 miles and ride exercise bike 6 miles per day, most normal activities have been resumed with the exception of lifting and extreme bending. I would recommend Dr. Melikian to anyone. He is a great spine surgeon who listens to his patients and offers sound advice. His staff is very responsive with the scheduling and execution of offices visits. Again, I couldn’t be more satisfied with the surgery results and the interactions with Dr. Melikian and his staff. I have recommended Dr. Melikian to my sister who needs surgery.
    Patrick in Thousand Oaks – Jun 20, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    Dr. Melikian changed my husband's life and we couldn't be happier. He had a herniated disk which was crippling him and not allowing him to work. After going to several other doctors who put him through years of tests and therapy, we found Dr. Melikain. He explained everything to us in plain English and was great at educating us about his condition. He has a wonderful bedside manner and is very caring. Surgery was done a few weeks later and recovery has been nothing short of amazing! We are forever grateful!
    Erica – Jun 18, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    The lower back fusion surgery I had was performed by Dr. Melikian as an outpatient surgery. I was concerned about having the surgery but Dr. Melikian was wonderful when it came to answering questions and putting me at ease. After the surgery he made it very easy to communicate with him via email and cell phone if needed. He was very quick to respond and, if he determined he needed to see me the appointment was made right away did not have to wait for days to get in. I highly recommend him if you are in need of a fusion or other back surgery.
    Sherry – Jun 17, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    Best spine surgeon I've ever met. Great bedside manner, explains everything clearly and follows up to make sure you're getting better.
    May 30, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    An angel sent from heaven. My dad had a herniated disk in his neck which was pushing on his spine. He was starting to get weakness in his hands and we weren’t sure what to do. His family doctor sent us to another surgeon but we felt like we needed a second opinion. We were luckily enough to find Dr. Melikian through a family friend who is also a doctor. He really took the time to answer all our questions and explain to us what was wrong and what my dad’s options were. He has excellent beds
    Pam – Jan 11, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    After 2 previous operations which left her debilitated, my mom had severe pain and was desperate. She had a lot of trouble walking and nobody could figure out what to do. We met with several surgeons and thankfully came across Dr. Melikian. At our first meeting, we felt immediately at ease with him and my mom chose to move forward with surgery. After surgery, mom felt great! He was able to fix all the issues and get her back to walking again! Now, it's as if she's back to her old self!
    Abigail in Santa Monica, CA – Dec 04, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    Couldn't ask for a better surgeon!
    Tara in Long Beach, CA – Nov 07, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    A wonderful and talented surgeon! My mother suffered for nearly a year with a herniated disk and spinal stenosis. Fortunately, she was referred to Dr. Melikian for surgery. He was extremely thorough, educated us about the procedure, and made my mom feel comfortable moving forward. After surgery, she was like a different person. Her pain was gone and she was walking normally! Thank you Dr. Melikian.
    Patricia in Fountain Valley, CA – Oct 10, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    Dr. Melikian is by far the best spine surgeon. He is kind and compassionate with excellent bedside manner. I had terrible neck and arm pain and was having trouble working and even just sleeping. Everyone else kept brushing me off to pain management. He took the time to listen and look at MRI and figure out what was actually wrong. After my neck surgery, I awoke and the pain was gone! Thank you Dr. Melikian!
    Sep 08, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?
    I was in the worst pain in my life, I had sciatica pain so bad in my left leg I couldn’t function. I was in Cedars MDR ER on a Friday in the end of April. Dr Melikian happened to be there, he knew right away how bad it was. He had me in his office that Monday and into surgery in a week. I had herniated 2 discs very badly. I was walking the next day. He is not only a great surgeon, he so personable and transparent. You are treated like family. Can’t say enough great things about him and DISC!!!
    Robert Lessnick in Marina Del Rey, CA – Jun 28, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rojeh Melikian, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Melikian?

"I believe in working with each individual patient to understand their symptoms as well as their goals.  In this way, both patient and doctor can...Read more

Dr. Rojeh Melikian is a Harvard and Emory University-trained orthopaedic spine surgeon.  After graduating summa cum laude with a bachelor's degree...Read more

• Neurological Spine Surgery
    • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Emory University Spinal Surgery Fellowship
    HARVARD COMBINED ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY RESIDENCY PROGRAM
    Massachusetts General Hospital
    University of Southern California / Keck School of Medicine
    University of California, Los Angeles. (UCLA)

• Armenian