Dr. Roger Sung, MD

Dr. Roger Sung, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Roger Sung, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He is 49 years old. Dr. Sung is affiliated with University of Colorado Health - Memorial Hospital Central and Penrose-St. Francis Health Services.

Colorado Springs Orthopaedic Group

4110 Briargate Pkwy Ste 300

Colorado Springs, CO 80920

• Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Sung

" I make it a priority to provide all my patients with comprehensive and individualized treatment so they can return to the activities they love".

Colorado Springs Orthopaedic Group is dedicated to comprehensive, specialized and exceptional patient care. Our subspecialized physicians treat sports injuries, hand and arm injuries, foot and ankle problems, back and neck pain, hip and knee conditions and arthritis. Our onsite services include X-ray, MRI, orthotics and prosthetics, physical and occupational therapy and outpatient surgery. Furthermore, our evening and Saturday hours allow same day appointments for your urgent orthopedic needs.

Dr. Sung's Experience

Dr. Sung's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Hand Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lumbar Sprain
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University of California At San Diego
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • UCLA School Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated
  • UCLA School Of Med
  • Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Sung has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sung does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sung and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Penrose-St. Francis Health Services

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Sung is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Sung's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sung to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Sung's Performance
in Pueblo, CO |
Dr. Sung changed my life. I had reached a point of having difficulty walking due to the pain and weakness in my lower back and legs, with no relief from previous healthcare providers. On July 10, 2017 Dr. Sung performed L5-S1 fusion. The leg pain and weakness was immediately gone after the surgery, I was back to work in three weeks and at the end of August I am starting physical therapy. Dr. Sung is an excellent surgeon, and I highly recommend him to anyone in need of spine surgery! 10 stars!!!
Thank you very much for this kind review! We know living with that kind of pain is unbearable! We strive to provide the best care for our patients, and we are delighted we could do that for you. We thank you for the valuable feedback and we hope you'll see us again should the need arise!
Colorado Springs, CO |
He talks so my 81 year old father who is very bright (HAd NO IDEA What Dr SUNG WAS GOING To DO) I had to say wait a minute before he walked out on us.
We apologize for any negative experience you may have had. We would like to help resolve this, please call 719-622-4546. Thank you for your valuable feedback!
in Colorado Springs,CO |
I had debilitating nerve pain for 7 months. Turns out there was a large disc herniation. Dr. Sung and his P.A were incredible. They are concise and solution oriented. After surgery, the leg pain was 60% better. Now 6 weeks after surgery, pain free!
Thank you for the kind review and words! Dr. Sung truly cares about his patients and strives to provide them with excellent care!
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Sung was amazing. He walked me step by step through the process of my back surgery. He explained what to expect post surgery and was straight to the point. I have been a patient for over a year now and I couldn't feel any better.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Sung performed a L4-S1 spinal fusion on me. The results were excellent. He came highly recommended by other patients and medical professionals in our area.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Sorry to say that my decompressive laminectomy was a failure. I would NOT recommend Dr. Sung. About 2 1/2 years ago I began exploring my lower back options. I started getting pain and soreness in my back L3/ L4 & L4/L5 and radiating nerve pain in my legs. I was actively climbing mountains all over Colorado but after several MRIs, Dr. Sung said surgery was an option and the nerve pain in my feet will most likely be corrected. A year & 1/2 later I still have considerable nerve and back pain.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Sung is very thorough in all he does. Invites questions and explains each one in detail. Surgery went well. Office staff is efficient and very friendly and accommodating.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Sung fused C3 - T1. I waited till the surgery truly had to be done, which I recommend. Dr. Sung kept me informed from our first meeting though our final release back to work. He explained in detail ( which is what I wanted) what would be done and what the outcome would be. Everything went smoothly for me. I would recommend Dr. Sung at least for my procedure, cervical fusion. Thank you Dr. Sung!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I just had major back surgery and my experience with Dr. Sung was Wonderful. He took a long time to analyze, consult with others and carefully plan what needed to be done to correct my collapsed lumbar spine. The outcome of what he did is tremendous relief to my pain and inability to function. I am very grateful for his wisdom and care for me. I have no complaints.
in Colorado |
I didnt like him at all. He treated me like equipment on an assembly line. Didnt spend much time discussing my health history and he was very cold and distant. Every appointment there was about a one hour wait after my appointment time. Within 5 minutes he was talking surgery and he suggested that was my best option (to get relief from pain); surgery did nothing. Going gluten free and reducing my inflammation finally gave me relief from my chronic pain.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
We have appreciated the way Dr Sung has openly and honestly explained the nature of my health condition, but hasn't aggressively pushed us toward surgery. He has explained the risks of not having surgery and has also explained what he believes surgery will accomplish and what it will not.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
My Experiences were amazing! I amen bent over andI am standing up straight, walking and back to work. Everyone was friendly and the care was great. Dawn Souza
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Absolutely amazing results and so pleasant Gives you complete confidence when going into surgery
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I had an outstanding outcome from my surgery. Better than I ever expected! Staff is so supportive and always there for me. Quite the ortho practice.
Wonderful experience
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Incredible results! No surgical area pain and two months out, very little pain in legs. Also, the entire staff at CSOG were fantastic.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
When I came to see Dr Sung, I was in constant pain and unable to walk more than a few yards at a time. Now (after spine surgery), I have a new lease on a happier life. I am without any significant pain and I am able to hike foe several miles without pain. I am also swimming and hope to begin playing golf in the near future. I am very fortunate and grateful that I found Dr Sung.
Great doc
All positive. Good surgeon
Wonderful and caring Dr.
in Colo. Springs, CO? |
Very thorough. Very professional.
in Pueblo, CO |
Life changing experience! Always thorough, professional and kind, never condescending. I have already referred friends and acquaintances to Dr. Sung and will continue to do so. A million thanks.
in Taos, NM |
My consultation was brief yet very through. He explained exactly what the procedure was going to entail and what the results should/would be. Great personality and extremely reassuring as to what the outcome would be.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Miracle-worker!!! Thank you so much!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr sung was amazing, I could not have been happier with my experience and surgical results
in Peyton, CO |
one of the best doctors I have had. Very personal takes the time to make sure you fully understand
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Sung is an outstanding physician. My surgery and recovery were seamless. All my questions and concerns were addressed and any fears calmed. Dr. Sung' confidence is comforting, you know you are in good hands. I highly recommend Dr. Sung and staff.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Great guy/Doctor very knowledgeable and reassuring my results were positive
in Monument Co |
Quality and experience was excellent. Very happy with Dr. Sung and his office.
in Littleton, colorado |
He is awesome. I have the use of my arm back and the pain is going away.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Sung is excellent very caring and very good Dr, my surgery went ok, but his staff, his nurse and Dr assistant are horrible, very rude and show no sympathy or empathy to their patients.
in Pueblo West, CO |
Dr Sung was always professional.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was very please from the beginning! He was very pleasant...
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I would recommend dr sung to family and friend as I now am able to do all the things I want to do, like hiking and just all the day to day things a person needs to do. The staff and dr sung have helped me get back to a normal life for a 73 year old.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Answered all my questions.
in Pueblo, CO |
I am very pleased with everything about my experience. My surgery went flawless and had no issues post.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
The visit was very informative, he does take time with his patients, however....I never got my referral to a pain specialist (which was suggested vs. surgery) I waited over a week and called the office again to find out the status of my referral. It has now been another few weeks and my back has relapsed into a very painful situation. I tried to resolve this before the pain got out of control. Lack of follow up by this doctor has caused my low rating.
in Colo. Springs,Co |
Would recommend
in Pueblo, CO |
Dr. Sung did an amazing job with my surgery pre and post I would recommend him to everyone.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Great. Excellent care from Dr. Sung and all staff.
in Monument, CO |
Great experience, I would highly recommend Dr Sung and his staff
in Colorado Springs. Co |
Dr sung is a grea doctor. I would highly recommend him
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very professional and personable. A great doctor.
in Manitou Springs, CO |
Outstanding results from the work he did! Went from almost incompacitated to completely normal.
in Woodland Park, Colorado |
I went from extreme daily pain, to no pain at all because of Dr. Sung. I am so grateful for his abilities.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Did an excellent job in surgery. Got my life back. I highly recommend d Dr. Sung.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He is always respectful and thorough.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Great doctor, carefully and in great detail explained all options.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Sung and his team are a pleasure to work with. I'm more than pleased with the outcome of my neck fusion that was done 6 months ago. Thank you for making me pain free!
in Salida, CO |
He spent all the time with me that I needed, answering all questions and concerns. I could not be happier with the care and the results!
Have you seen Dr. Roger Sung, MD?

Visit Dr. Sung