Dr. Roger Hansen, MD

Dr. Roger Hansen, MD

Radiation Oncology  |
Dr. Roger Hansen, MD is a radiation oncology doctor who practices in Ogden, UT. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Read his story

5475 S 500 E

Ogden, UT 84405

• Altius Health Plans
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Premera Blue Cross

Learn about Dr. Hansen

See how frequently Dr. Hansen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Cancer
Prostate Cancer

Dr. Hansen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Hansen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hansen "Dr. Hansen is a Board Certified Radiation Oncologist specializing in the most advanced radiation techniques possible to deliver lethal radiation doses to cancer while protecting normal tissues which are immediately nearby. One of these techniques is High Dose Rate (HDR) brachytherapy. HDR brachytherapy is a treatment where a very intense radioactive seed is placed inside of the cancer area, left in place for just a few minutes to deliver the radiation "from the inside-out", then is removed from the patient so he / she is not radioactive. HDR brachytherapy is used most commonly for prostate, breast, and female gynecologic cancers, but it has a role in the treatment of many other cancers as well. Dr. Hansen is widely recognized as a national leader in High Dose Rate (HDR) brachytherapy implants. He is actively involved in teaching other Radiation Oncologists from around the world how to safely perform brachytherapy implants, and has published many articles in the most prestigious cancer journals in the country. Dr. Hansen's patients appreciate the one-on-one time he spends with them to explain their cancer, review treatment options, and answer the many questions that come with the diagnosis of cancer. He is your partner working with you and your other Doctors to develop the best approach for treating your specific cancer."

This content was provided by Dr. Hansen "We take cancer personally.  We believe the best outcomes are achieved when using a "team approach" to treat cancer. "

• Radiation Oncology

• Cancer Pain Management
  • Cancer Treatment
  • External Beam Radiotherapy
  • High-Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
  • Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
  • Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
  • Interstitial Brachytherapy
  • Mammosite Catheter Insertion
  • Prostate Brachytherapy
  • Prostate Radioactive Seed Implants
  • Radiation Oncology Procedures
  • Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Stereotactic Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University of Utah
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992
  • Creighton University
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Lds Hospital Salt Lake City
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • University of Arizona
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Hansen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hansen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hansen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hansen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hansen to family and friends
Dr. Hansen's Performance
in Ogden, UT |
I have been seeing Dr. Hansen for the past 14 months. My experience has been nothing short of fantastic. Dr. Hansen and his staff (particularly Dale Allgood) are by far the most knowledgeable, professional and caring individuals that I have dealt with, Within the medical profession. Dr. Hansen always takes the time to thoroughly explain my condition and procedures in an understandable way. He also has explained all options thus assisting my wife and I with difficult decisions. Thank you.
in West Point, UT |
Exceptional Doctor and staff. The most caring, understanding, determined Doctor that I have ever met. I researched the different options available to me, and I am 100% convinced that I made the correct choice with Dr Hansen and his Staff. I highly recommend Dr. Hansen and his entire Staff at Gamma West. Plain and simple they are outstanding.
in Clinton,Ut |
I would recommend Dr. Hansen and the staff at Gamma West. They are very professional and explained the options for fighting cancer. The treatments went well and the follow up has been excellent. Dr. Hansen is always available if I have any questions. Going through a cancer diagnosis is a scary thing, but the staff does everything they can to help you through your treatment and follow up care. Thank You!
in Ogden, UT |
He is a Doctor that is easy to talk to and takes the time to listen to what you have to say. He made us comfortable in the conversations we talked about. It's always scary to go to a Cancer Doctor. He put our concerns to rest. We are Cancer free and thanks Dr. Hansen for that!
in Bountiful, UT |
I was treated with respect each time I had an appointment. I had the balloon implant done and had radiation twice a day for five days. I felt very comfortable with the staff at Gamma West and would recommend Dr. Hansen to anyone having to undergo radiation therapy.
in Ogden, UT |
Dr. Hansen is the Doctor that I have recommended to all friends and family that have had similar cancer issues that I have had. He is the reason I am alive today and doing well. He is the best.
in Ogden, UT |
I have know Dr. Hansen for over ten years. He is honest, thorough, and takes your case personally. I have been judged cancer free due to the great efforts of this outstanding physician. He was able to take the necessary early steps by way of Brachytherapy intervention that killed the tumors which had started to grow in my prostrate. I continue to see him on a yearly basis and I am happy to report that there is no new cancer. Recommendation to Friends and Family? YES!
in Ogden, UT |
Dr. Hansen is extremely patient and takes as much time as necessary to fully explain everything and to answer any and all questions. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Hansen.
in Layton, UT |
Proper and specific radiation therapy of my aggressive prostate cancer saved my life!
in Huntsville, UT |
Dr Hansen in treating my prostate cancer was absolutely outstanding. He explained the hormone, Tomo, & Brachytherapy procedures in detail from start to finish. He answered all of my questions & concerns even calling me from his home on his day off when I had a question. Everything went exactly as he had explained. I found the whole procedure to be easier than I had expected. Also, Dr Fisher, the Gamma West & Ogden Regional Nurses & staff were outstanding. They showed they cared always!
Have you seen Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
Are you Dr. Hansen?

Visit Dr. Hansen

Dr. Hansen accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Altius Health Plans
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Premera Blue Cross