Dr. Roger Hansen, MD

Radiation Oncology ·  Male · Age 53

Dr. Hansen

Gamma West Cancer Services

5475 S 500 E Ogden, UT 84405

Dr. Roger Hansen, MD is a radiation oncology specialist in Ogden, UT and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from Creighton University in 1995 and specializes in radiation oncology.

Dr. Hansen accepts

Dr. Hansen accepts the following insurance:

Altius Health Plans
Coventry Health Care
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Premera Blue Cross
Heritage Plus
Heritage Signature
SelectHealth
Tricare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Check Dr. Hansen's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Colorectal Cancer
  • External Beam Radiotherapy
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • High-Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
  • Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
  • Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
  • Interstitial Brachytherapy
  • Mammosite Catheter Insertion
  • Prostate Brachytherapy
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Radioactive Seed Implants
  • Radiation Oncology Procedures
  • Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Vulvar Cancer

It is our goal to help you find answers, give hope to you and your loved ones, and receive the best treatment options available.  At GammaWest Cancer Services, we take cancer very personally.

We speciali...

3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Hansen?
Dr. Hansen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Roger Hansen, MD
I highly recommend Dr. Roger S. Hansen for his treatment of my prostate cancer. His care was superb, as was his followup. I was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer in April of 2018 and soon after began Tomotherapy and Brachytherapy treatments which continue until August. My PSA reading 3 months later, 28 Nov was only 0.04 and 28 Feb 2019 was only 0.10. I am extremely pleased with the treatments rendered and the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
Dr. Hansen and the staff of GammaWest are, in my experience, the very best. Dr. Hansen is a true expert in his field and combines that with sincerity, compassion and in understanding what his patients are experiencing. Each of the staff has similar characteristics and all personnel are willing to take the time necessary to ensure questions are fully answered and concerns are assuaged. Wonderful people!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
Excellent and great doctor, takes time to listen to patient and tailor treatment that is the best option for patient's situation. Compassionate, caring, very knowledgeable, great bedside manners, overall great physician. Thank you very much Dr. Hansen. Blessings.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
Great doctor! Intelligent and bright! Explained in detail the procedure and has been seeing my father since he was diagnosed for pre-op and post op. I belive it has been three years now since his surgery. Thank you Dr. Hansen! May God bless you with more knowledge in your specialty to continue to help others liken to our father Tuese.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
When I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Prostate Cancer in February 2017 with a Gleason Score of 9/10, I was told by my urologist that it was one of the worst cases of aggressive cancer he had seen and recommended I have my prostate removed immediately. I decided to look for other options. I found Dr. Hansen who has been a godsend! He is very compassionate, explains everything and most of all is the best at what he does! Today 6 months post treatment, my PSA is near zero and I feel 100%
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
Dr. Hansen is one of the best doctors I've seen so far! He took the time to get to know us an answer every questions we had - he took more time to explain my situation that any other doctor I've seen so far. He's the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
So far has answered questions and kept me apprised of were I am and should be. Offered assistance when needed for problem after initial round of therapy. Has discussed options for addressing issues I've had since treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
This is the place you need to be if Radiation Oncology is an option for your cancer. I am a health care professional so I viewed my treatment through a critical lens. What I saw and experienced was excellent. At 2 years post treatment my outcome has been stellar and my quality of life is great. Schedule a consult with Dr. Hansen if you have cancer and are seeking treatment. Knowledgeable, caring, and compassionate, he will outline your treatment options. You won't be disappointed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
Dr. Hansen is great. When I was first diagnosed with breast cancer, he sat down with me and thoroughly explained what he looked for to see if I was a candidate for the Brachy Therapy for Breast Cancer. He answered all my questions and everything went just as planned. All the people from Dr. Hansen's office that I have worked with have been super friendly and helpful in my journey.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
It was a very nice to have Dr. Hansen and his crew the ones that took care of my surgery. I would recommend them to any one that wants to have radiation treatments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
Doctor Hansen and his staff are the best that I've ever encountered. They are very helpful and friendly. It's always a good experience to visit their office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
Dr. Hansen helped me, to make what I think was one of the most important an difficult decisions in my life! Thanks to him I am 18 months PSA cancer free. When I needed his advice the most he had the time to talk to me, even when he was go through some bad health times with one of his own family members. In my estimation he is a great Doctor and a wonderful human being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
Great bedside manner, takes lots of time for questions. Very knowledgeable in his field. I highly recommend Dr.Hansen and brachytherapy if it's an option for you. Plus his staff is excellent and very professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Hansen for the past 14 months. My experience has been nothing short of fantastic. Dr. Hansen and his staff (particularly Dale Allgood) are by far the most knowledgeable, professional and caring individuals that I have dealt with, Within the medical profession. Dr. Hansen always takes the time to thoroughly explain my condition and procedures in an understandable way. He also has explained all options thus assisting my wife and I with difficult decisions. Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
Exceptional Doctor and staff. The most caring, understanding, determined Doctor that I have ever met. I researched the different options available to me, and I am 100% convinced that I made the correct choice with Dr Hansen and his Staff. I highly recommend Dr. Hansen and his entire Staff at Gamma West. Plain and simple they are outstanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Hansen and the staff at Gamma West. They are very professional and explained the options for fighting cancer. The treatments went well and the follow up has been excellent. Dr. Hansen is always available if I have any questions. Going through a cancer diagnosis is a scary thing, but the staff does everything they can to help you through your treatment and follow up care. Thank You!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
He is a Doctor that is easy to talk to and takes the time to listen to what you have to say. He made us comfortable in the conversations we talked about. It's always scary to go to a Cancer Doctor. He put our concerns to rest. We are Cancer free and thanks Dr. Hansen for that!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
I was treated with respect each time I had an appointment. I had the balloon implant done and had radiation twice a day for five days. I felt very comfortable with the staff at Gamma West and would recommend Dr. Hansen to anyone having to undergo radiation therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
Dr. Hansen is the Doctor that I have recommended to all friends and family that have had similar cancer issues that I have had. He is the reason I am alive today and doing well. He is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Hansen, MD?
I have know Dr. Hansen for over ten years. He is honest, thorough, and takes your case personally. I have been judged cancer free due to the great efforts of this outstanding physician. He was able to take the necessary early steps by way of Brachytherapy intervention that killed the tumors which had started to grow in my prostrate. I continue to see him on a yearly basis and I am happy to report that there is no new cancer. Recommendation to Friends and Family? YES!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Hansen?

Gamma West Cancer Services

Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Hansen treats patients.

St. Mark's Hospital