Dr. Roger Fontes, MD

Dr. Roger Fontes, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Roger Fontes, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Henderson, NV. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Fontes is affiliated with St. Rose Dominican, San Martin Campus, St. Rose Dominican, Rose de Lima Campus, University Medical Center of Southern Nevada and St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus.

Desert Orthopedic Center

• Health Net
  • MetLife
  • Operating Engineers Health & Welfare Plan

Learn about Dr. Fontes

See how frequently Dr. Fontes performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
Osteoarthritis of Hip
Osteoarthritis

Dr. Fontes's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Fontes "My philosophy is to treat all of my patients as I would want my own family to be treated. My goal at Desert Orthopaedic Center is to provide my patients with the best orthopaedic care available, to help my patients live pain free, and to get my patients back to a full and active lifestyle. I pride myself on open and honest communication and I actively involve my patients in every step of the diagnosis and treatment process."

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Total Joint Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• University Of California At San Diego
  • Ao/Asif Trauma Fellowship Under Prof. Norbert Haas-Berlin, Germany
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Ilizarov Fellowship Under Prof. Maurizio Catangi-Lecco, Italy
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Fontes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fontes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fontes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fontes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fontes to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Fontes Says:

I'd like to thank my patients for providing feedback regarding the care I have provided to them. My staff and I value this feedback and know that the majority of new patient referrals comes from my patients telling their friends and family about me.

I have been a dedicated orthopedic surgeon for over 20 years. Quality patient care is #1 to

...

Dr. Fontes' Performance
in Las Vegas, NV |
Excellent experience. Very professional and thorough
in Las Vegas |
I would not have my lower leg if I had not found Dr. Fontes.. Get your second opinions and your final decision should be Dr.. Fontes.. I had a car accident that left me with non union of tibular, fibular..Several surgeries and Doctors that all ended with the Doctors telling me to come back to them when I want to cut my leg off. DR. FONTES SAVED MY LEG.. need I say more In my opinion he is the best n Nevada.
in cebu city philippine |
Doctor Fontes replaced my left hip on May 2, 2017 and my right hip on July 11,2017. he did an outstanding job on both hip replacements.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Can"t' really say enough about how great Dr. Fontes and his team are. His work is impeccable, with the best care and communication with him, Laura and Kricket.. In fact, I had one anterior hip replacement and now I'm going for the other one -- he is the best!
in Las Vegas |
Very professional, informative and efficient. Took the time to walk through the options and recommended approach.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Excellent! I recommend Dr. Fontes!
Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Fontes and his staff are amazing. I had hip replacement surgery and I couldn’t be any happier with the results.
in Henderson, NV |
Dr. Fontes is very knowledgeable and kind and took the time to listen to our concerns. As the parent of a young athlete, I want to know the long term effects of a sport which he was able to give good advice and wisdom. The staff was also very kind and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Fontes!
in Pahrump, NV |
Dr. Fontes is a skilled, knowledgeable surgeon who is on the cutting edge of new surgical techniques. My husband recently had two anterior hip replacements. His recovery was remarkable and fast. He says it is like a miracle! He was in terrible pain before the hip replacements. It hurt to stand and walk. He now bikes for an hour with ease and walks to the gym for an hour of weight training three times a week!
Henderson,Nv |
Dr Fontes was kind and explained the condition so well! I'm always worried when taking my children to a new provider. Dr Fontes was excellent with my son.
in Henderson, NV |
Excellent surgeon and staff. Dr. Fontes will suggest/try all available treatment options before resorting to surgery. Good sense of humor.
in Henderson, NV |
Dr Fontes gives you the information you need to make a decision about your options. He leaves it up to you to make that decision. He does not push you to have surgery. He's done my hip and knee replacements and I have been very happy with the results -- especially with the hip replacement. I've even recommended Dr Fontes to people I don't even know if they are contemplating replacement. He's the best..
Henderson, NV |
Everything was great, I highly recommend Dr. Fontes.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Great team of health care specialists. Each person on the team knows what their job is and does their best to put the patients needs first.
in Henderson, NV |
The Henderson office is conveniently located and was easy to get to. The office staff was friendly and efficient when I arrived as I was a new patient. X-rays were taken and Dr. Fontes took his time in reviewing them with me as well as doing an exam, asking me questions and giving me ample time to ask my questions. Was not rushed and felt comfortable in the office. Was a very positive experience.
in North Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Fontes is an excellent Orthopedic Surgeon and I would not hesitate to recommend him to friends and family. I am very happy with the outcome of my knee replacement; no one could have done a better job than Dr. Fontes. I found him to be very congenial and happy to answer my questions. He prepared me for the best possible results by sending me to physical therapy before and after surgery to strengthen the supporting muscles and maintain flexibility.
in Bullhead City, AZ |
Very professional,no waiting and hassle free
in Las Vegas, NV |
I had an amazing experience with a total hip replacement; Dr Fontes explained the whole procedure and patiently answered all my questions. He and his team, to include the hospital, performed with care, confidence and personable professionalism. I'll be back for my 2nd hip as soon as Scheduling permits.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Fontes has been my orthopedic surgeon for over a decade. I was in a motorcycle accident and his innovative procedure allowed me to keep my left foot for 14 years until complications arose and amputation was the best course of action. I am sure that anyone who needs a great orthopedic surgeon would benefit from his experience. I highly recommend him. He has performed many operations to help me throughout the years that I have been his patient. He's very busy so be patient,but he's awesome!!!!
in Las Vegas, NV |
I have had nothing but great care while getting a total hip replacement done by Dr Fontes. His staff was very attentive, helped with get my tests and lab work scheduled, got me answers to anything I had questions about, did great follow up for a full year! I am now back to have my other hip done by Dr Fontes. I would highly recommend him!
in Henderson, NV |
This man gives orthopedics a bad name
in Henderson, NV |
I suffered a comminuted fx of my right elbow in 1994. Four unsuccessful surgeries by 2 surgeons left me with a non-union, limited range of motion and continuous pain. This went on several years until it became rolling on the floor agony. I was referred to Dr. Roger Fontes and with his help I opted to have total right elbow replacement in 2014. It worked! I now have an unbelievable range of motion & much less pain! Dr. Fontes is very professional, caring and friendly. I definitely recommend him
in Henderson, NV |
it's interesting that (in his profile), Dr Fontes states that he treats patients the way he would want his family to be treated. If that is the case, then he doesn't think much of his family. I was frustrated by the poor treatment at every turn. Forgetting to order my MRI, no return phone calls, long waits on hold, rude receptionist. After waiting 3 weeks for his consultation call to discuss my MRI (and calling every other day to request his opinion)- I GAVE UP!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!
in Henderson, NV |
I've had 5 meniscus repairs, 6 injections, and now 1 partial knee replacement over the past 20 years with a total of 4 different orthopedic surgeons. Dr. Fontes did the latest knee replacement, and he was by far the best surgeon I've had. Very skilled, knowledgeable, and stays up to date with the latest technology. I hope I don't have to have the other knee replaced, but if I do I will only be going to Dr Fontes. Don't go to someone who has lots of spare time. He's busy for a reason.
Las Vegas, NV |
In short, it was almost like never seeing a doctor. Received absolutely zero resolution on what I was diagnosed with, and never got a follow up call, from my last appointment....where I got no answers from. DOC is a complete joke. Doctors sit there, collect a bunch of money, and care nothing whatsoever about patients.
in Las vegas |
After a bad motorcycle accident. Late 2013 i was busted up pretty bad. Pelvic bones broken. Dr fontes can come across as ego strong. But what super star doesn't have a bit of an ego. Bottom line is he is a very talented skillfully capable of being a star in his field. I'm greatfull that he was my surgeon. You won't find better.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Fontes is fabulous! I love my new hip and the mobility I have regained. I was in such pain, I could barely walk before my hip relplacemnt. After my surgery, I was up and walking the same day. Recovery was speedy, and post-op discomfort minimal.
in Henderson, NV |
My recent experience during a consult with Dr. Fontes leads me to believe that his hippocratic goal is secondary to his desire for dollars. Dr. Fontes attitude with me as a patient was absolutely deplorable. He displayed a 'superior' attitude and little concern over my actual conditions. He refused to provide input on any condition other than that which he was required to do in spite of having been provided specifics as to the reason for consult. At best, his staff is inadequately trained.
Have you seen Dr. Roger Fontes, MD?
Are you Dr. Fontes?

• MetLife
    MetLife PDP
  • Operating Engineers Health & Welfare Plan
  • Principal Financial Group
  • Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
    PacifiCare