Dr. Roger Diegel, MD

RheumatologyMaleAge 57

Rheumatology

Dr. Roger Diegel, MD is a Rheumatology Specialist in Kalispell, MT and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Diegel has extensive experience in Osteoporosis & Screening and Arthritis & Arthropathy. He graduated from College Phys/Surg, San Francisco in 1993. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Logan Health Medical Center and Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Roger Diegel, MD

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Montana

Frequently Treated by Dr. Diegel

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Diegel treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Diegel treats other conditions, please contact the office at (406) 752-2010.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Diegel is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Arthritis & Arthropathy

Arthritis and arthropathy specialists diagnose and treat diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis that damage joints, causing pain, stiffness and swelling.Compare with other Arthritis & Arthropathy specialists.

Dr. Diegel is experienced in the area of Arthritis & Arthropathy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

Very High

Check Dr. Diegel's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Diegel's conditions and procedures:

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arthropathy Associated With Reiters Disease
  • Behçet's Disease
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Classic Polyarteritis Nodosa
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Goodpasture's Disease
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Vasculitis
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

Dr. Diegel accepts

(406) 752-2010

Dr. Diegel accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Diegel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Diegel

2.9

Diagnosed and treated GCA at KRH in 2017 (?) Very grateful patient. Good follow up. Will hopefully see him summer 2021.
Jul 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Diegel, MD?
Misdiagnosed me. Didn’t call back for weeks with results. Went off talking too much and didn’t let me express other concerns. Office also won’t let me switch providers. Pretty sure that’s how dr diegel keeps patients! Worst service experience I have had!
Feb 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Diegel, MD?
While Dr. Diegel seemed well-experienced in his field, I felt he entered our appointment with preconceived ideas about me as a patient and as a young woman. I had a hard time asking full questions because he regularly talked over me. He spent most of the time explaining a wide range topics related to my condition to me, and on the few occasions he did ask me a question, he either didn't let me give a full answer or disregarded my response, continuing to explain treatment for a symptom I'd just said I don't experience. Despite the fact that I never brought it up, he talked extensively about my condition and pregnancy, and never asked if I was even considering having children at any time in my life, let alone right now. He made unnecessary comments about how I was dressed, and overall I felt like he saw me caring only about two things: my appearance and having children, which I take as a one-dimensional, sexist viewpoint backed up by his unwillingness to truly listen to me as a patient.
Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Diegel, MD?
After trying to schedule an appointment with another provider in this office the office manager has refused to allow me to because I saw Dr Diegel in 2013/14 for four visits. He couldn’t diagnose me and I left for another rheumatologist out of the area. My insurance is bringing me back and I found out that they never informed me at the time that once I saw him I could never see another provider in the office. I asked for written refusal of services for my referral with the provider that is listed on the referral. I am unsure how they can even do this. I never signed anything agreeing to this and was never informed. How are they even able to even enforce that?
Not his patient anymore – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Diegel, MD?
Completely unprofessional. Distracted and unfocused the entire appointment. Talked down to me like I knew nothing about my body or disease. Joked that if a treatment he suggested had poor long term side effects he didn’t care since he’d be retired or dead anyways. At the end he told me not to bother seeing him again unless I started a medicine that seems to have more adverse side effects than my current symptoms and would have potential interactions (I did the research). I asked for some additional information so at and he scribbled down the websites for Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins, and told me to do more yoga. (Thanks, have been to those sites and am already working on core strength.) What a waste of $466 for a consult from which I gained absolutely nothing. Gave him a horrible review to KRH and received response. I’ll be looking to Missoula and Spokane for a qualified Rheumatologist in the future.
Sara – Jun 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Diegel, MD?
Dr. Diegal seems to be a caring doctor who takes his time in appointments. He is intelligent and kind. I actually like going to see him!
Maria in Montana – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Diegel, MD?
Wow! I can’t believe the horrible reviews here about this wonderful doctor!?! He always was very kind to me. Very knowledgeable about my disease and thoroughly explained everything to me. Always returned my calls. And treated me with the utmost respect and care!! It’s like the other reviewers saw the wrong doctor!!!
Margaret Vrooman in Proctor, MT – Dec 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Diegel, MD?
Never got in to see him. The office was very rude and basically lied to him saying that I was a no show to an appt. they changed without notifying me. Now I am on his ‘do not schedule list’. From what I hear, this is nothing unusual for this practice. Must be nice to be the only game in town.
Orem, UT – Nov 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Diegel, MD?
Went in prior to going for an ordered Independent Med Exam for Work Comp. Before seeing Work Comp ordered me to go he pre judged that I was there only to get disability and dismissed my problems stating hardly anyone is disabled. Only when he saw that I was simply abiding by what I was ordered to do did he discuss my issues and gave me questions to ask the I.M.E. Until that point he wanted nothing to do with me thinking I was trying for easy disability. Unimpressed to the max. Very judgmental
Olen – Sep 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Diegel, MD?
Would leave zero stars if it were an option. My husbands cancer care is teated there in Lalispell so we thought dr Diegel would be best, also since his mom has seen him. We missed a referral in 2013 it's now 2017 and he won't take him. I have NEVER been denied by a provider. Apparently he is too busy and must think highly of himself. We cannot see the Dr that would be able tell the providers at KRMC details and knows his family history. Don't miss an appointment this guy thinks he's perfect.
  • Long wait times
Polson, MT – May 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Diegel, MD?
Doesn't return calls, if it isn't an easy diagnosis he says he doesn't have time to help you
  • Long wait times
Whitefish, MT – Mar 30, 2017
Does not return calls
Tabby in Carlsbad, CA – Oct 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Diegel, MD?
My wife and I both have auto-immune and both are patients of Dr Diegel. He is well respected in the medical community and he is an amazing doctor. He has been a tremendous help in both diagnosing and ongoing treatment of both of our auto-immune disorders. I feel like he literally gave my wife back to me after her lupus had robbed her of her life, so when i had bizarre symptoms and they said I needed to see a rumatoligist there was no hesitation. He is a doctor who really listens and heals!
Kalispell, MT – Oct 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Diegel, MD?
He listens and offers exercises and other techniques before prescribing meds. He remembers you and asks questions about your life and health, he is a very competent physician.
Whitefish, MT – Mar 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Diegel, MD?
My daughter. Went to him 7years ago,told her she had cyst on her hand. She went again in 2015 Decembe Again he said she did not have RA! Without looking at her Records from Phoenix AZ. If I could I would give him fat ZERO.
Brenda Purcell in Kalispell, Montana – Dec 18, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roger Diegel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Diegel?