Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Roger Chams, MD
Dr. Roger Chams, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Libertyville, IL. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Chams is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital, Evanston Hospital, Highland Park Hospital and Advocate Condell Medical Center.

720 Florsheim Dr

Libertyville, IL 60048

• Guardian
  • Principal Financial Group
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Chams

Dr. Chams' Experience

Dr. Chams' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Tendon Repair
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Meniscal Allograft Transplant
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Resurfacing
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Tricep Repair

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Southern Ca Orth Institute
  • University Il College Of Med
  • Southern California Orthopaedic Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Chams has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chams does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chams and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chams' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chams to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Chams' Performance
in Antioch, IL |
Dr. Chams and his staff are excellent in all phases of patient care. Starting with the preop through the final visit
Libertyville, IL |
Great Orthopedic physician. He has assisted me with a bicep and potential meniscus tear. He answers your questions and knows the best treatment for his patients -
in Mundelein, IL |
Dr. Chams and his team are by far the best! I was faced with bilateral tears in my rotator cuffs and knew I had to have back-to-back surgeries. Dr. Chams has an impeccable reputation and following and both of my sons had previous surgeries under the care of Dr. Chams. The true "team" approach to my care was everything I expected. He is very passionate, easy to talk to, listens to the details on how you feel and truly is a great physician.
North Chicago, IL |
When it comes to treating my knees and shoulders, Dr. Chams is the one physician I trust the most. For years he has cared for me and treated various injuries I have suffered through. He always balances conservative medicine with reality of what it will take to get me back to 100% even if that is surgery. Caring and personable.
Lindenhurst, IL |
Dr. Chams repaired a complex, global rotator cuff tear I had sustained in my shoulder. The surgery was very involved, with multiple structural injuries. I am extremely satisfied with my current post-operative outcome, and continue to make progress toward full functional recovery. His staff is excellent, always answered my questions and handled my insurance paperwork and requests. His surgical skill is excellent and I would highly recommend Dr. Chams.
GLENCOE |
Dr. Roger Chams is hands down the best orthopedic surgeon I could have asked for. After having three different shoulder repairs due to being a Varsity ice hockey player at New Trier, I would never even think twice about finding a new doctor. The staff members are beyond welcoming and Dr. Chams is a class act. I would not recommend any other surgeon to help me through my processes.
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Chams provides the gold standard of care in Sports Medicine. He utilizes the most current techniques in surgery, and I have sent all my friends and family with knee or shoulder injuries to him!
vernon hills, IL |
Dr Chams is the most talented surgeon I have ever encountered. I was told by 3 other surgeons my injury would not heal even with surgery. Not only was he very confident he could help, but he did so in a timely fashion. He operated on me 2 years ago and my knee still feels great !!!!! I cant thank him enough.
Libertyville, IL |
As a senior citizen, I worry about having surgery (don't we all?), but my knee scope and recovery have been easy, thanks to the expertise and care of Dr. Chams and his team. To be sure, I followed their directions and did the physical therapy as suggested, which was probably a large factor in my recovery. In the weeks following surgery, I was impressed by their prompt responses to my questions and their obvious concern for my proper care. My only negative might be wait time before an appointment
in northfield |
Dr. Chams and his staff did an excellent job guiding me through the surgical process of repairing my injured knee. I'm very fortunate to have experienced the caring and compassionate team at the IBJI libertyville office and Hawthorne surgery center. The entire surgical process was seamless and I am very fortunate to have met Dr. Chams and his staff.
in libertyville, il |
Highly recommend. Confident in Dr. Chams and his rehab team at IBJI. Full Rotator cuff tear repaired and long head bicep tendon reattached. 2 days on pain meds after surgery. Followed instructions 100% on care. After 5 1/2 months released from physical therapy. Flexibility back to normal. Expect full strength in coming months.
in Schaumburg, IL |
Three years after my shoulder replacement by Chams, after being butchered by Chams, three years of pain. I had a complete shoulder replacement at Rush/Oak Park, I am now going on four weeks post-op and already the pain is better. Four years ago Chams told me I needed a knee replacement, one year ago I went to Rush and was told my knee wasn't that bad and to come back in five years. Do not trust Chams!
in Kenosha, WI |
2 yrs of my life lost to pain.In march of 2014 DR.Roger Chams performed which was to be complete shoulder replacement.Prior surgery we had talked and he stated both of my shoulders needed replacement surgery,and it was just a matter of which one was to be first.I was 59 yrs old.I was told that I may have some limited reach,but Id be free of pain.After surgery he,told me he decided not to replace the socket.I did p.t 1 yr. still pain. 2 years,worse .2nd opinion,why was socket not replaced??
in Burr Ridge, IL |
Great bedside manner, personality, knowledge, experience, etc. Great surgeon.
in Lake County, IL |
Dr. Chams does not spend a lot of time with his patients. I averaged about 2-3mins per visit before and after surgery. He did not listen to my complaints or physical therapy observations. No one knows anything but him. I had pain and range of motion issues. He just kept telling me I was weak which was true-from pain. I kept telling Dr. Chams something was not right. Therapy and I both wanted a study whether an MRI or scope. He threw a fit and pouted. A 2nd surgery is scheduled to fix his work.
in Northbrook, IL |
I had right rotator cuff and bicep surgery in late September and the same on the left shoulder and bicep in late December because I had met my deductible. Dr. Chams and his team were outstanding in helping me through the process. It was tough but with the proper PT and listening to what Dr. Chams and his team's advice I made. I cannot thank Dr. Chams and team for their help, kindness and patience. I still have a ways to go but I am much better than before the surgery.
in Libertyville, IL |
Dr. Chams is really very good. He has assembled a terrific team around him and will recommend excellent physical therapists. I had rotator cuff surgery last November. It is a tough go through the healing process but I followed Dr. Chams's protocol and I have the use of my arm back again. Key to your healing process is to listen to his advise as well as the rest of his team. They have a keen understanding of the process. In addition, you can call his team anytime. They are really top notch.
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Chams did my shoulder surgery about 6 months ago and I am grateful that it was him that did it. He is extremely patient and explains everything that he will be doing to calm you before surgery. After surgery, follow ups are quick, easy, and informative. I would highly recommend Dr. Chams to anyone needing a shoulder surgery.
in Buffalo Grove, IL |
Dr Chams was recommended after I fell and tore my ACL. I had an emergency. Appt with him. He did not spend 3 min with me. He never examined my knee. He quickly sent me off for an MRI /CAT- don't remember & said he'd call. He called 2 days later said I tore several things and then, without asking if I had any questions, sent my call to the nurse to schedule a follow up. He was vague &crude. He may be an excellent surgeon ( have only heard) but his bedside manner sent me running Elsewhere
Chicago, IL |
Love Dr Chams. He is forthright, talented, compassionate, friendly without being condescending, energetic and professional. He surrounds himself with talented PA's(Molly) that are as compassionate and professional as he is.
in Hawthorn Woods, IL |
Dr. Chams effectively diagnosed my condition and successfully operated on my shoulder. He set realistic expectations for recovery and implemented an approach that accommodated my active lifestyle.
in Libertyville, IL |
Dr. Chams is a great surgeon. He did surgery on both shoulders and I had major tears. Today I can play tennis and golf again ! Dr. Chams also has a great Physical Therapy team adjacent to his office. The perfect one two.
in Harvard, IL |
Last year at age 64 I came to Dr. Chams with a 3 year old torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. Dr. Chams operated and I spent 8 months in physical therapy. He told me that my tear was one of the worst he had ever seen or operated on and that it was about 3.5 centimeters in length. Now 9 months post surgery I am happy to report that my shoulder feels wonderful and that I have nearly all of my range of motion restored. I just got back from Florida where I played two rounds of pain free golf.
in Deerfield, IL |
Dr. Chams is a phenomenal and experienced surgeon, arguably the best and MOST experienced with respect to shoulder surgery. My only regret is that I procrastinated for years and did not take care of my left shoulder sooner. I would recommend Dr. Chams to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Roger Chams, MD?
Are you Dr. Chams?