Dr. Roger N. Chams, MD

Dr. Roger N. Chams, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 50 years old

Dr. Chams specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Libertyville, IL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Chams? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Chams' Experience

See how Dr. Chams' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chams

Dr. Chams accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Chams has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Chams
Dr. Chams' Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (91)
in Kenosha, WI |
2 yrs of my life lost to pain.In march of 2014 DR.Roger Chams performed which was to be complete shoulder replacement.Prior surgery we had talked and he stated both of my shoulders needed replacement surgery,and it was just a matter of which one was to be first.I was 59 yrs old.I was told that I may have some limited reach,but Id be free of pain.After surgery he,told me he decided not to replace the socket.I did p.t 1 yr. still pain. 2 years,worse .2nd opinion,why was socket not replaced??
in Burr Ridge, IL |
Great bedside manner, personality, knowledge, experience, etc. Great surgeon.
in Lake County, IL |
Dr. Chams does not spend a lot of time with his patients. I averaged about 2-3mins per visit before and after surgery. He did not listen to my complaints or physical therapy observations. No one knows anything but him. I had pain and range of motion issues. He just kept telling me I was weak which was true-from pain. I kept telling Dr. Chams something was not right. Therapy and I both wanted a study whether an MRI or scope. He threw a fit and pouted. A 2nd surgery is scheduled to fix his work.
in Schaumburg, IL |
Dr. Chams did a partial shoulder replacement 11/2013, I have lived in pain for three years. I was in pain from day one after surgery and it has continued for three years. I am having a complete shoulder replacement (Revision surgery) 11/29/16 at Rush. Sucks to be me! In 2012 Dr. Chams told me I needed knee replacements, last year a doctor at Rush told me I wouldn't need knee replacements for five years. If you trust Dr. Chams I hope you have a better outcome than me!
in Northbrook, IL |
I had right rotator cuff and bicep surgery in late September and the same on the left shoulder and bicep in late December because I had met my deductible. Dr. Chams and his team were outstanding in helping me through the process. It was tough but with the proper PT and listening to what Dr. Chams and his team's advice I made. I cannot thank Dr. Chams and team for their help, kindness and patience. I still have a ways to go but I am much better than before the surgery.
in Libertyville, IL |
Dr. Chams is really very good. He has assembled a terrific team around him and will recommend excellent physical therapists. I had rotator cuff surgery last November. It is a tough go through the healing process but I followed Dr. Chams's protocol and I have the use of my arm back again. Key to your healing process is to listen to his advise as well as the rest of his team. They have a keen understanding of the process. In addition, you can call his team anytime. They are really top notch.
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Chams did my shoulder surgery about 6 months ago and I am grateful that it was him that did it. He is extremely patient and explains everything that he will be doing to calm you before surgery. After surgery, follow ups are quick, easy, and informative. I would highly recommend Dr. Chams to anyone needing a shoulder surgery.
in Buffalo Grove, IL |
Dr Chams was recommended after I fell and tore my ACL. I had an emergency. Appt with him. He did not spend 3 min with me. He never examined my knee. He quickly sent me off for an MRI /CAT- don't remember & said he'd call. He called 2 days later said I tore several things and then, without asking if I had any questions, sent my call to the nurse to schedule a follow up. He was vague &crude. He may be an excellent surgeon ( have only heard) but his bedside manner sent me running Elsewhere
Chicago, IL |
Love Dr Chams. He is forthright, talented, compassionate, friendly without being condescending, energetic and professional. He surrounds himself with talented PA's(Molly) that are as compassionate and professional as he is.
in Hawthorn Woods, IL |
Dr. Chams effectively diagnosed my condition and successfully operated on my shoulder. He set realistic expectations for recovery and implemented an approach that accommodated my active lifestyle.
in Libertyville, IL |
Dr. Chams is a great surgeon. He did surgery on both shoulders and I had major tears. Today I can play tennis and golf again ! Dr. Chams also has a great Physical Therapy team adjacent to his office. The perfect one two.
in Harvard, IL |
Last year at age 64 I came to Dr. Chams with a 3 year old torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. Dr. Chams operated and I spent 8 months in physical therapy. He told me that my tear was one of the worst he had ever seen or operated on and that it was about 3.5 centimeters in length. Now 9 months post surgery I am happy to report that my shoulder feels wonderful and that I have nearly all of my range of motion restored. I just got back from Florida where I played two rounds of pain free golf.
in Deerfield, IL |
Dr. Chams is a phenomenal and experienced surgeon, arguably the best and MOST experienced with respect to shoulder surgery. My only regret is that I procrastinated for years and did not take care of my left shoulder sooner. I would recommend Dr. Chams to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Roger N. Chams, MD?
Are you Dr. Chams?

Compare Dr. Chams

Dr. Chams' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Chams has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Chams' Board Certifications

Southern Ca Orth Institute
    University Il College Of Med
    Southern California Orthopaedic Institute

Completed in 1998

Dr. Chams does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chams and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Sports Medicine

• Knee Tendon Repair
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Meniscal Allograft Transplant
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Tricep Repair

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.