Dr. Rodney McLaren, MD

Dr. Rodney McLaren, MD

Maternal-Fetal Medicine  |
Dr. Rodney McLaren, MD is a maternal-fetal medicine doctor who practices in Fairfax, VA. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. McLaren is affiliated with Virginia Hospital Center.

10400 Eaton Pl Ste 430

Fairfax, VA 22030

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. McLaren

Dr. McLaren's Experience

Dr. McLaren's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
  • Board certified in Maternal & Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Maternal-Fetal Medicine

• Maternal & Fetal Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*
  • Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Univ Of Ky Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2013
  • Long Island College Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Georgetown University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. McLaren has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McLaren does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McLaren and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McLaren's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McLaren to family and friends
3.8
Dr. McLaren's Performance
Vienna, VA |
I had a hard time getting clear answers out of the Dr. - I tried asking my questions in different ways and always got a very hazy answer with no clear conclusions. He also had us come in more than was needed, which was both time consuming and very costly. Finally, I was forced to pay for an appt on the spot, which I've never had to do elsewhere and then got a bill for the same amount months later. When I called to ask about it they had NO record of my payment and I had to send them proof myself.
in Gainesville, VA |
Staff are professional. Excellent assistant! Dr. McLaren really cares about patients' safety and satisfaction. He takes time explaining his recommendations. I would highly recommend him.
Sterling, VA |
I started going to Dr. McLaren since I was a high risk pregnancy (twins). He answered all my questions and explained any findings from the sonograms to me. When the babies tried to come early (28 weeks) due to shortened cervix he made sure the babies were taken care of in case they were born early (shots for their lungs) and he recommended absolute bed rest for me at home, and not the hospital. I'm sure being comfy home is reason why I was able to become stable and deliver my twins at 37 weeks.
in Fairfax, VA |
If I could leave no stars I would. I agree with the previous reviews posted on here that his office manager is a piece of work. Not everyone is cut out to work in the medical field that's for sure. I hope I don't turn bitter like she is when I'm pushing 60. She is very rude and unpleasant. She could care less about the patients that come in that office and that's unfortunate to witness first hand when you're expecting. Customer service doesn't exist at this office and it's not a priority.
in Arlington, VA |
After a very bad experience at another fetal medicine practice I found Dr McLaren. Dr McLaren was very nice and was excellent with communicating what we were seeing on the ultrasound screen. After explaining my previous experience, Dr McLaren made sure I understood everything, and answered all questions I had. I definitely recommend him, he's an honest and good doctor.
in Washington, DC |
Worst customer service ever. Never received my statement and I was receiving mean calls to do my payments. I reply all calls and wait for the statement that never arrived, it arrived one with a different name of patient. They said I could pay with that one but I didn't feel comfortable since data didn't match. Finally, through my united health webpage I make the payment, to receive again a rude call asking me to pay. Luckily I paid through my HSA/Insurance web since I have evidence of payment!
New York, NY |
His office manager is very ill mannered. If he could change some of his staffs. He would be highly recommended to friends.
in Stafford, VA |
Dr. McLaren handled my high risk pregnancy with my son. He made sure I always knew what was going on and worked preemptively to make sure my son's lungs had a chance to mature in time for his 35 week preemie delivery due to low fluid complications. I trust him completely and returned to his office for care with my current high risk pregnancy and am still very happy at the high level of care.
Have you seen Dr. Rodney McLaren, MD?
Are you Dr. McLaren?