Dr. Rodney McLaren, MD

Dr. Rodney McLaren, MD

Maternal-Fetal Medicine | Male | 63 years old

21 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. McLaren specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine and practices in Fairfax, VA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. McLaren? Add your own statement here.

Dr. McLaren's Experience

See how Dr. McLaren's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. McLaren

Dr. McLaren accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. McLaren has admitting privileges.

Dr. McLaren's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McLaren to family and friends
3.8
Dr. McLaren's Performance
Sterling, VA |
I started going to Dr. McLaren since I was a high risk pregnancy (twins). He answered all my questions and explained any findings from the sonograms to me. When the babies tried to come early (28 weeks) due to shortened cervix he made sure the babies were taken care of in case they were born early (shots for their lungs) and he recommended absolute bed rest for me at home, and not the hospital. I'm sure being comfy home is reason why I was able to become stable and deliver my twins at 37 weeks.
in Fairfax, VA |
If I could leave no stars I would. I agree with the previous reviews posted on here that his office manager is a piece of work. Not everyone is cut out to work in the medical field that's for sure. I hope I don't turn bitter like she is when I'm pushing 60. She is very rude and unpleasant. She could care less about the patients that come in that office and that's unfortunate to witness first hand when you're expecting. Customer service doesn't exist at this office and it's not a priority.
in Arlington, VA |
After a very bad experience at another fetal medicine practice I found Dr McLaren. Dr McLaren was very nice and was excellent with communicating what we were seeing on the ultrasound screen. After explaining my previous experience, Dr McLaren made sure I understood everything, and answered all questions I had. I definitely recommend him, he's an honest and good doctor.
in Washington, DC |
Worst customer service ever. Never received my statement and I was receiving mean calls to do my payments. I reply all calls and wait for the statement that never arrived, it arrived one with a different name of patient. They said I could pay with that one but I didn't feel comfortable since data didn't match. Finally, through my united health webpage I make the payment, to receive again a rude call asking me to pay. Luckily I paid through my HSA/Insurance web since I have evidence of payment!
New York, NY |
His office manager is very ill mannered. If he could change some of his staffs. He would be highly recommended to friends.
in Stafford, VA |
Dr. McLaren handled my high risk pregnancy with my son. He made sure I always knew what was going on and worked preemptively to make sure my son's lungs had a chance to mature in time for his 35 week preemie delivery due to low fluid complications. I trust him completely and returned to his office for care with my current high risk pregnancy and am still very happy at the high level of care.
Have you seen Dr. Rodney McLaren, MD?
Are you Dr. McLaren?

Compare Dr. McLaren

Dr. McLaren's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
      •  Board certified in Maternal & Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. McLaren has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. McLaren's Board Certifications

Long Island College Hospital

Completed in 1987

Georgetown University

Completed in 1989

Dr. McLaren does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McLaren and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Maternal-Fetal Medicine

• Amniocentesis
      • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)