Dr. Rodney Horton, MD is a clinical cardiac electrophysiologist in Austin, TX and has been practicing for 28 years. He specializes in clinical cardiac electrophysiology, cardiology, and more.

Dr. Horton accepts

(512) 309-1906

Dr. Horton accepts the following insurance:

Choice PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Medicaid
WellCare
WellCare PPO
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Horton's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Horton's Top Procedures and Conditions

Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias

Dr. Horton performs Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Horton performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Ablation for Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation

• Cardioversion
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Electrophysiological Study
  • Heart Disease
  • Heart Murmur
  • Heart Palpitations
  • Heart Surgery
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Limb Swelling
  • Tachycardia
  • Thrombosis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

Undergoing treatment for heart arrhythmias can be a trying time for people. I try to relate to patients in a way that lets them know they have all the time in the world to talk. I want all my patients to be as confident in their treatment as I am.

• Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology

Dr. Horton?
Dr. Horton's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rodney Horton, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Caring and Extremely Knowledgeable! Could not ask for more Qualified Doctor working on my Heart!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
Dr Horton handle my case fast and efficiently. He has a great support team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
I was recommended to Dr. Horton for my A-Fib. condition in 2012. Since I did not want to take any meds to keep it in check, I elected to get the Ablation procedure. During my doctor follow up visits and monitoring period, I could not of been happier with the excellent & friendly nurses, doctors, PA's and office staff. Everyone was well informed and very good communicators! It's been 6 years since my procedure and I lead a very active lifestyle at 60 years old. I'm very thankful to Dr. Horton and all his staff for their attentive and engaging service!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Horton to all my family and friends. I felt most confident in his abilities. All my questions were answered and any fears of the surgery put to rest. Everything was explained to me in great detail. Both Dr. Horton and his staff have an excellent rapport with their patient. Dr. Horton obviously loves his work and takes great pride in all he does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
Both my wife and I have had several occasions of A FIB over the last several years. Medication and shock treatments after a while could not correct the problem, so we contacted Dr Rodney Horton of Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia for my wife after our research revealed excellent reviews. Dr. Horton diagnosed a correction of ablation for the A FIB which took two separate hospitalizations. She is checked regularly for new events with no major issues. After my A FIB continued and I was hospitalized at St. David's, Dr. Horton and staff recommended an ablation. This was performed in April, 2019 with success and I have only one event since then. Dr. Horton and his team of doctors and staff are experts in the field of Electrophysiology and help patients from all over the world. We wold strongly recommend their team without any reservation along with their staff and Nurse Educator Becky Jennings.
Good dr so is Belissa
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
Great care & attentIon by Dr. Horton !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Horton and his staff for about eight years. I had asked for the best and I believe I got it. I have a pacemaker and I go in every six months for a check up. I always see three different staff members and they are always very nice and courteous and they answer all my questions. Dr. Horton is always there but he usually does not come in to see me unless a change need to be made. I like that. It confirms that everything is still OK.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
This Practice is simply Excellent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
The best!!!!!! Everything explained well. All questions answered completely. The entire staff communicates well with each other and with the patient. I feel confident that Dr Horton is the best there is in his field. I feel fortunate to have had him take care of my afib problem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
All the doctors, nurses and staff there are very professional and have done a wonderful job helping me and treating me. They go out of there way to serve and take care of their patients and I highly recommend them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
I find Dr. Horton spends the time to examine me and explain the results and what can be done to solve the issue. I am confident that the his suggested solution will solve the problem. I appreciate his manner and sincerity. K. Carr
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
I was referred to Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia by another Electrophysiologist from Memphis as the best clinic to perform the Radio Ablation Procedure. Although I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, the trip was worth my time. The lead time to consult with Doctor Horton and schedule the surgery was short. Doctor Horton guidance and medical expertise was superb and accurate. Dr. Horton's staff, Annie, Becky, Wilma, and others were excellent. Thank YOU, Dr. Horton for you expert medical care!
Thank you for taking a moment to share such kind...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
Dr. Horton's nurse practitioner interviewed us and explained everything and answered all our questions. She was very friendly, very knowledgeable, and very helpful. Dr. Horton came in after the nurse practitioner was finished and answered some more questions. I left with all my questions answered.
Thank you for the kind words. We are so lucky to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
We are thankful that Dr. Horton assisted in development or developed the Watchman Procedure. With hardly any recovery time , my husband was able to return to normal activities. We highly recommend this physician.
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
Willing to listen. Ready to tackle challenging AFIB. Demonstrated great skill when doing the ablation procedure. Successful outcome.
Thank you for the kind words.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
My cardiologist referred me to Dr. Horton to discuss the possibility of having the Watchman procedure done. My cardiologist said Dr. Horton is the best in Texas and possibly the United States. Dr. Horton agreed the Watchman was needed and told me I was the perfect candidate for cardiac ablation for my Atrial Fibrillation. Dr. Horton is a kind, considerate and professional doctor. It is easy to tell he loves what he does. I can't say enough about Becky and the rest of his office staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
While I did not meet Dr Horton, his PA was superb at answering my questions about the upcoming ablation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
It has been an incredible two year journey. Dr. Horton and his nurse Becky have always been a constant, and in whom I relied on for guidance through so many terrifying episodes of S.V.T. Dr. Horton is a passionate and dedicated clinician, committed to finding and treating complex arrhythmia's and restoring the normal heart rhythm. Today, after multiple ablations without complications, I am arrhythmic free. So grateful to have my health restored, and for the compassionate care I received.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?
Dr. Horton and all of the staff are always very friendly and always answers any questions that I may ask them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rodney Horton, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Horton?

Compare Providers