Dr. Roderick Claybrooks, MD

Dr. Roderick Claybrooks, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Claybrooks believes that surgery is the last resort for treatment of spinal disorders. This is especially true with spinal fusion which is an undertaking only after careful consideration. Dr. Claybrooks believes in working with the patient's preference, lifestyle and the involvement of the family in the decision making process. Dr. Claybrooks' focus is on adult and pediatric spine disorders. He is part of a multidisciplinary practice which emphasizes a comprehensive approach with expertise in extensive adult spine revisions, pediatric scoliosis reconstruction, minimally invasive percutaneous surgery and motion preservation technology.

Dr. Roderick Claybrooks, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Southfield, MI. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Claybrooks is affiliated with Sinai - Grace Hospital, Hutzel Women's Hospital, Beaumont Hospital - Dearborn, Huron Valley - Sinai Hospital, Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills and Providence-Providence Park Hospital, Southfield Campus.

Dr. Claybrooks' Experience

See how Dr. Claybrooks' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Claybrooks

Dr. Claybrooks accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Claybrooks has admitting privileges.

Dr. Claybrooks' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Claybrooks to family and friends
    3.7
    Dr. Claybrooks' Performance
    in Ypsilanti, MI |
    Dr. Claybrook is truly one of a kind and in a league of his own. He is very knowledgeable about his profession and extremely cares about his patients well being. I am so happy to have had the chance to engage with him as my surgeon and having his expertise in all matters related to my spine he did a spinal fusion for me on may 2 of 2017 and I'm 3 weeks out and so far things seem to be coming along well I couldn't of chosen a better surgeon I wish him continued success in the future
    Detroit, MI |
    Took to long to get appointments. Would not do an MRI or give medication to help with the pain which left me crying many days and nights for months. I was basically bedridden most days not able to move. He then referred me to Dr. Bak who wouldn't give me a MRI and told me I only needed shots. I left and went to Michigan Orthopedic Specialists in Southfield, and within a month I had Rotator Cuff Surgery and regained 95 percent use of my arm. Glad I left them. Dr. Bak was cocky and very rude.
    New Boston, MI |
    As an orthopedic physical therapist that has seen many spine patients that have and that haven't had surgery from many different specialists. I knew that the great majority of his patients did very well. After trying conservative treatments we decided on a ACDF; anterior cervical decompression fusion. I couldn't be more pleased from the results of my procedure. My arm pain and numbness were gone immediately, and now 5 months post op, my neck is feeling better and I've returned to running!
    in Detroit, MI |
    I met Dr Claybrooks in June 2014 I was complaining of serve neck and back pain,Dr Claybrooks introduce himself I was a bit taken back at how young and good looking he is,but I told him my issues .Hes'caring, shows compassion,empathy,concern,he talked to me before surgery was there in my rm later adjusting my brace,I felt like my dad was taking care of me as a sick child he was so gental ,I love! him.he's a blessing from God.so gifted,this is his calling,look into his eyes omg! Beautiful spirit.
    in Grosse Pointe, MI |
    Dr Claybrooks , decieved me about my surgery. He never advised me that a very pertinent tool was not available to complete my spinal fusion. So I live 75 percent of my life in pain. I questioned him if everything went ok he stated yes I complained of pain, he said I would need to wait a year for a new scan. Then advised me after my scans I would need the same operation again. He never stated that the kit he needed to complete my surgery was not available during the operation. Don't trust him.
    in Detroit, MI |
    very satisfied excellent doctor and surgery could not have gone better.
    Detroit, MI |
    My mother has been a patient of Dr. Claybrooks for years, so was I briefly. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Claybrooks, because he is extremely arrogant. I, along with several medical doctors who I've spoken to who are affiliated with him have the same outlook on him. He is unsympathetic to his patients, especially those dealing with chronic pain, and he has poor bedside manners. Just because you are a doctor, does not make you better than the next individual. Please humble yourself.
    Two years ago Dr.Claybrooks operated on my spine. He did an amazing job. He has a wonderful bedside manner and explained things in a way without going over anyone's head. I would recommend him to anyone, he is great!
    in Northville, MI |
    I had surgery a few years back. It's amazing how much better I feel. Dr. Claybrooks is very professional and provides caring, personal attention.
    in Lincoln Park, MI |
    Dr. Claybrooks is a great surgeon. My husband's spinal fusion surgery went extremely well and he is recovering quicker than we ever imagined. Dr. Claybrooks is genuine and relatable. He made us very comfortable with a very uncomfortable medical issue. This would be a 5 star review without a doubt if the office staff were anywhere near as fantastic as Dr. Claybrooks himself. Unfortunately, that part of the business left a lot to be desired. However, I still would and will recommend Dr. Claybrooks
    in Livonia |
    Honest, hteT bedside manned and explIned things how O could understand
    Have you seen Dr. Roderick Claybrooks, MD?
    Are you Dr. Claybrooks?

Dr. Claybrooks' Care Philosophy

Dr. Claybrooks' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

• Recipient, Bristol-Meyers Squibb/National Medical Fellowships Research Fellowship Award
      • Recipient, Hour Magazine, Top Docs of 2007
      • Recipient, Consumers' Research Council of America, Guide to America's Top Orthopedists
      • Detroit Free Press
      • Detroit Free Press
      • Surgical Management of Osseous Hemangioblastoma of the Thoracic Spine: Technical Case Report
      • Atlantoaxial Fusion: A biomechanical Analysis of Two C1-C2 Fusion Techniques

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Claybrooks' Board Certifications

• Glenoid Labrum Tear
    • Gout
    • Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Lupus
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Graduated in 1995

• Arabic
    • Chinese
    • French

Dr. Claybrooks does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Claybrooks and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
    • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Neuroplasty