Dr. Robyn Messing, DO

Dr. Robyn Messing, DO

Dermatology  |
Female
Dr. Robyn Messing, DO is a dermatology doctor who practices in Lansing, MI. She has been practicing for 13 years.

2815 S Pennsylvania Ave Ste 106

Lansing, MI 48910

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan

Learn about Dr. Messing

See how frequently Dr. Messing performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Skin Infections
Acne
Skin Discoloration

Dr. Messing's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Genital Warts
  • Granuloma of Skin
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Resurfacing
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Michigan State University / College of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2004

Dr. Messing has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Messing does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Messing and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Messing's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Messing to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Messing's Performance
Almont, MI |
Professional, competent, and reliable. The office staff as well as the medical staff are top-quality!
Okemos, MI |
Dr Messing diagnosed a cancerous lesion on my husband's head. She was professional & very accurate in her prognosis. She referred us to a surgeon who removed the growth. Nice to know she is very skilled, knowledgeable and caring.
Haslett, MI |
It took her 4 appointments (and 4 co-pays and billing to insurance) to do what my new dermatologist did in two visits. They continue to make you come back unnecessarily. I had several moles removed and it was botched. Now, I have huge scars for the rest of my life. They also probably don't take your insurance, but they won't tell you that when you arrive.
Lansing, MI |
Very blunt, haughty, insincere, and rude! RN too. Terrible bedside manner. Really did not care-did not once even look at my hands, thigh, feet for which she glanced over and said it was psoriasis. After having side effects from different meds, she told me they were not side effects. I told her they could be-I am a pharmacist. Did my own research for alternative treatments. Would never recommend this doctor to anyone. My comment-If you've not walked in someone else's shoes do not judge.
Personable & easy to talk to. No gimmicks or salesmanship. She has treated our family for several years for a variety of issues and resolved issues that other specialists could not. Highly reccomend.
Eaton Rapid,MI |
Had to wait a little over a yr for this appointment first off and was in the office less then 15min. I Took my daughter in to see her due to a skin discoloration she had has for many yrs. Dr. was very rude , would not look my daughter in the face and talked down at her about weight issues (that had no reason to why we were there). Very unprofessional and very inappropriate. I would not recommend this dr to anyone.
in Perry, MI |
I saw Dr. Messing several times between 2011 & 2013 for a severe outbreak of eczema, triggered by poison ivy in 2010. During that time I felt she was always in a hurry to get to the next patient, her bedside manner was rather impersonal, she paid little attention to me & really didn't encourage me in the things I did to help heal my condition. I do not recommend Dr. Messing as a competent, caring practitioner for skin conditions. There are many other competent dermatologists to choose from.
in Williamston, MI |
I have a rare skin disorder, and Dr. Messing was the doctor who correctly diagnosed it.
in Lansing, MI |
She didn't show the care for a patient like a doctor should. She didn't even try to chat with me more than 5 min to find out what was going or how things were. Her responses and attitude seems ignorant and inattentive. Aways in a hurry to leave. She did not show any concern for the patient's need and worries. I am very much disappointed because with such a degree in hand, plus all the training and certification she had gone through, she should know how a good doctor should be like.
in Lansing, MI |
I've taken the day off from work a few times for appointments, just to get to office and be told I didn't have one, while holding the appointment card they gave me in my hand. I finally got in for my year skin check. I walked in the room took my shoes off and almost stepped on a USED DIRTY NEEDLE on the floor. The office staff excuse, they didn't clean it last. They walk in w/out knocking. Dr. Messing, herself is very rude and likes to talk down to you. I will not be returning!
in Lansing, MI |
she is great! pays attention and really listened to me. had been to several derms before her and i have finally found out my diagnosis. 10 stars!
in Lansing, MI |
excellent doctor. very caring and nice bedside manner. i had a great experience
in Michigan |
Great experience with doctor and staff. Dr Messing diagnosis my condition within one visit when my previous dermatologist kept saying it was bug bites.
in Fowlerville, MI |
My husband and I both think she's very knowledgeable and highly intelligent! We adore her. Staff very pleasant and helpful.
in Lansing, MI |
Spent maybe 2 minutes with me, most of that was trying to get me buy things i didn't need. Didnt look at my face and didnt listen to me. How is this person a real doctor?
in Lansing, MI |
My first and only appointment with Dr. Messing consisted of 90 seconds. She entered the room without cracking a smile and from that point made it clear I was not the important person in the room. Quickly glancing at a couple of my many raised spots on my face and neck she announced not cancer ...no explanation of why I was developing so many over three months. So I asked. She said they were hereditary????
in Holt, MI |
I WAS TOLD BY THE OFFICE SHE WAS PARTICIPATING WITH MY INSURANCE SO I SCHEDULED AN APPOINTMENT. THE APPOINTMENT WITH THE DOCTOR WAS A WASTE OF TIME. SHE BARLY SPOKE TO ME AND WHEN SHE DID IT WAS VERY BRIEF. I LEFT THAT APPOINTMENT GRATEFUL I HAD FULL OFFICE VISIT COVERAGE BECASUE THE APPOINTMENT WAS USELESS. I WAS SHOCKED TO RECEIVED A NOTICE FROM MY BLUE CROSS BLUE SHEILD STATING SHE WAS NOT A PARTICIPATING PROVIDER. THE DOCTOR IS AWARE HER STAFF MISLEAD PATIENTS. THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED!
in Lansing, MI |
I was scheduled 4 months ago and I just called to confirm my appointment and now they do not take my insurance. But they did not let me know and I would of shown up and have taken the day off of work and not knowing they do not take my insurance. i feel this is not professional and will make sure that people know this!VERY POOR!!!!!!!!
in Lansing, MI |
Dr. Messing was fine - the office staff is the issue. They told us they were covered by BCBS - so we had services performed on two of our family. We then received a bill stating insurance would not cover the costs. We called and they again confirmed they were covered by BCBS. We then called BCBS and they told us that, No, Messing is not covered by BCBS. The office eventually called back and told us it is our responsibility to verify coverage - HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!
Have you seen Dr. Robyn Messing, DO?
Are you Dr. Messing?