Dr. Robin Dretler, MD

Infectious Disease MedicineMaleAge 72

Infectious Disease Medicine

Dr. Robin Dretler, MD is an Infectious Disease Specialist in Decatur, GA and has over 44 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Tufts U, School of Medicine in 1978. He is affiliated with Emory Decatur Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Robin Dretler, MD

Infectious Disease Specialists

2665 N Decatur Rd Ste 330 Decatur, GA 30033
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Infectious Disease Specialists

Compare Dr. Dretler with our nearby Infectious Disease Specialists at CTCA Atlanta.

Make an appointment at CTCA Atlanta today at (770) 615-0974.

These providers are on the medical staff of CTCA Atlanta.

Dr. Dretler's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dretler

4.5

Over use of antibiotics
My spouse was seeing this doctor due to a leg injury that happened back in the last part of January. We are located 5 hours away and this doctor was the one that was assigned to spouse. He kept giving my spouse antibiotics, he couldn't tell us the type of infection that he was treating but continued to treat with high dose antibiotics, first antibiotic spouse was allergic to. Second one mind you now we are into month 2 of being on intravenous high dose antibiotics, husband didn't tolerate the second one after being on it for 3 weeks, swapped yet to another high dose antibiotics. Well let just say you didn't follow your patient he almost lost his life. Thank God we convinced him it was the antibiotics making him sick. This is yet another trip to the hospital ER that should have been prevented. Wound center said no infection in the leg, What was you treating? You couldn't even tell us. I called your office asking for you to call, You never did. Wow
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Lila – Aug 28, 2022
Simply the Best!
Dr. Robin Dretler exemplifies what good doctors are made of: outstanding knowledge, commitment to heal, kindness, and respect. He listened carefully to my concerns and meticulously asked pertinent questions; then he took the time to answer all mine and made sure I knew he was going to figure out what was wrong. This was my second time dealing with a health issue that five other specialists had not figured out. Dr. Dretler found out what was wrong quickly and effectively addressed it. but that is not what makes him and his team special. I am a survivor of cancer, any "mysterious" health threat activates fears that are not always easy to understand. His commitment to find out what was wrong and assurance that he would take care of it, meant everything. I am so grateful! And his team…especially Rachel! They run that office like clockwork. They say no to long waits and yes to timely and thorough replies to messages. They are true professionals with grace and respect for patients.
B.Gonzalez – May 23, 2022
My left foot
I had a hole in the bottom of my left foot that would not heal. Over several months I had seen 2 doctors and finally a surgeon that operated and cut away all of the tissue leaving a larger “clean” hole to heal. That was October. By late November the hole wasn’t shrinking and I was noticing swelling of the foot and lower leg. In late December the surgeon said it was beyond his scope and recommended Dr Robin Dretler. I am so, so glad he did! Dr Dretler started me on “PICC line”antibiotics immediately (for 6 weeks) to combat the infection that had set up shop and a regimen of home care to perform between visits. At one point early in treatment I thought I would lose the foot - it was discolored, swollen, the second little toe was dark blue, I was in tears - Dr Dretler’s associate Dr Alexandra Dretler and nurse Melissa stopped what they were doing to both comfort me and to convince me that “their Practice was to save the foot”, which Dr Robin Dretler and his staff did
STEVE N – Apr 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
Dr. Dretler is an amazing physician. I have seen him for two non-healing wounds and osteomyelitis (8 years apart). Both times, the care I received from him and his staff was top notch. He has a brilliant mind for medicine and a warm bedside manner (it's often difficult to find both in one physician). His staff is friendly and compassionate. Dr. Dretler always takes plenty of time to answer any questions or concerns I may have. He was absolutely worth the 1.5 hour drive every week for my last wound. I hope I don't need his services again, but should I need wound care in the future, I know I will be returning to him.
Jennifer B – Jun 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
Dr Dretler is a brilliant and caring physician who goes above and beyond to provide excellent care for his patients. His care has healed an previously undiagnosed surgical incision abscess. He has also brought new, effective strategies to care for my decades long skin condition that results in non-healing wounds. His office staff and nurses are also top notch.
DJC – Apr 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
I have been a patient with Dr Dretler on and off for over 10 years. I have found him to be one of the sharpest physicians I have ever engaged with. He is dedicated to the practice of medicine and patient wellbeing.
Dr Carl Heldman – Apr 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
My grandmother went to visit Dr. Dretler for her wound that has been causing her pain for at least a month . He would not give her any pain medication( claimed that 800mg gabapentin are not made anymore which is a flat out and gave her eczema crème for her wound which made her wound whole bigger and deeper! Also being very sarcastic towards her during her visits. So not only is she in the process of finding another wound care specialist but Dr. Dretler will have a lawsuit. Would not recommend.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Mar 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
Dr. Dretler was amazing. Helped me get through a hard time and made sure I was completely healed. Great office full of nice & caring nurses!
Feb 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
Quite a positive experience. The body takes its own time to heal. Since I'm an anxious type person I learned patience!
R. Kelley – Oct 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
Phenomenal experience. I have been jumping from infectious disease, to wound care, to dermatology, to podiatry for 4 years. Dr. Dretler allowed his intern to review and diagnose with him. Their suggestion was dead on with the first try. They made more progress in 1 week than I have ever made the previous years. Absolutely see Dr. Dretler first and save time. His knowledge is incredible and you won’t find an overall nicer guy.
Jonathan M. in Scottdale – Sep 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
Dr. Dretler and his staff were immediately caring and concerned about me. I would recommend him to anyone in need of wound cares services. My treatment was very successful and I healed quickly. I am very thankful to him and his staff.
Apr 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Dretler and the wound care center for 3 months. In that time they guided me through a very tenuous and scary time. Very professional and extremely caring.
James W Poteete in Norcross, GA – Feb 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
Dr. Dretler and the Wound Care staff are phenomenal and I would highly recommend them. Due to a an infectious wound that I acquired from my surgery, I was referred to Dr. Dretler's office at the IDSL at Dekalb Medical. Despite his busy schedule, Dr. Dretler was able to see me that next day. I was a patient of Dr. Dretler at the IDSL & Wound Clinic since the end of August. He fully explains his treatment plan, answer all of your concerns and he's a true patient advocate. Thank you Dr. Dretler!
Towanda Henderson in Stone Mountain , GA – Dec 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
Dr. Dretler is the definition of a brilliant doctor. He saved my mother's life by identifying and properly treating her autoimmune disease. He really cares about his patients and he's always easy to understand when explaining the situation. We look forward to going to his office. The entire staff is helpful, professional and genuine. They deserve way more than 5 stars!
Peggy Redfern in Stone Mountain, GA – Oct 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Dretler's for 10 years. I just don't know where to begin. He has been the most amazing, tenacious man with the willingness to try everything it take to get the results you need. He continues to educate himself on the new treatments in his field of medicine. He is honest, professional and if you are looking for an doctor that will make you feel like you are his only patient he is the Doctor for you. I don't know how he does it but he is the Best of the Best .
Monica – Sep 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
Came back from India with a nasty infection. Dr. Dretler saw me on a day he doesn’t normally see patients. He had me admitted to the hospital, and came to see me every day with updates on the tests he was having them do. Once I was out he was proactive in making sure I had my follow-up appointment with him. I’d recommend him to anyone
  • Long wait times
Isaac in none – Aug 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
Dr. Dretler impressed me with his bedside manor. He was very complete and thorough by personally listening to my heart and lungs, feeling my injured area, and initiating immediate treatment. He was very easy to interact with and very good at answering questions. Dr. Dretler texted a referral from his phone so that my next treatment could be expedited by one of his colleagues. I can personally recommend Dr. Dretler without reservation due to his knowledge, expertise and professionalism.
Alan Fannin in GA – Aug 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
Dr Dretler has been a godsend to our family and the care of the wounds suffered by our son. He has been very effective in his care and very supportive through all the ups and downs. Our son has dealt with a plethora of doctors and Dr. Dretler is at the top of the list. We have already recommended him to others, even with much less severe issues.
Ethan Milley in Marietta, GA – Jul 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?
Dr. Dretler is an incredible doctor! He takes the time to really listen to you and explains your medical options in terms you can understand. He is super intelligent, yet very humble. (He doesn't have a "god complex" if you know what I mean.) I highly recommend this doctor!
Duluth, GA – Oct 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Dretler, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dretler?