Dr. Robin Casey, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 43

Dr. Casey

Chatham North Psychiatry, Chapel Hill, NC

117 Hidden Valley Dr Chapel Hill, NC 27516

Dr. Robin Casey, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Chapel Hill, NC. She is affiliated with University of North Carolina Hospital. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Casey to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Medication Management
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Panic Disorder
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Stress Management
  • Trichotillomania

Dr. Casey accepts

Dr. Casey accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Casey's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Casey

3.9

Dr. Casey?
  • Office environment (15)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (14)
  • Explained conditions well (14)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (5)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (5)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (4)
Getting in contact with anyone at the North Raleigh office is so incredibly difficult. Not once has someone answered when I’ve called. It takes a day or more to receive a response via email. In the office the front desk just seems unprofessional... disorganized and I’ve seen them eat fast food behind the counter. On top of the maddening customer service issues, I also didn’t have good results with the therapy. It felt like I was being listened too but not given guidance to improve.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Casey, MD?
Contacting Dr. Casey is like finding a needle in a haystack, but probably even more difficult. Her work hours are extremely irregular and she has never actually personally called me or emailed me back, other than for an online appointment, even though I am an established patient and have requested that she do so multiple times. I ran out of medication due to her insufficient and severely delayed contact with the mail-order pharmacy I receive my antidepressant from, even though I notified her multiple times over the course of the weeks before needing a refill and verbally told her and her assistant that I was in need of a refill. She is a pleasure to talk with when I see her in the practice, but her communication with me in a time of need was non-existent. Her assistant was very helpful, however, she has not been in the practice long and is not experienced enough to handle communication with all of Dr. Casey's patients in a timely and sufficient manner.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jun 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Casey, MD?
Dr. Casey is awesome! I've been seeing Dr. Casey (and Brice) sporadically for about a year for adult ADD (including meds), and to accomplish a particular goal that I've had for the past decade. With their expert help (and friend and family), I've finally accomplished that goal, escaped my hole, and can move forward to a better life! Dr. Casey is very attentive, perceptive, accommodating, flexible, practical, straight forward, honest, kind, reasonable... I highly recommend her!
J in Pittsboro, NC – Jan 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Casey, MD?
Hats off to Dr. Casey for providing stellar care to all of her patients. She’s a rare find in the field of psychiatry - she cares more about you as an individual than any other I’ve encountered.
Chapel Hill, NC – Sep 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Casey, MD?
I've seen quite a few psychiatrists, psychologists, doctors, and naturopaths. Dr. Casey is the best of all worlds. She cares about both your mental and physical health and she takes a very holistic approach to treating her patients (prescription drugs, diet, exercise, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, etc.). I know finding the right doctor is usually a very difficult process and I'm very glad that I've found Dr. Casey.
Alyssa in Carrboro, NC – Feb 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Casey, MD?
Dr. Casey has been my psychiatrist for the last three years. Of all the psychiatrists I’ve worked with for depression and an eating disorder, she has been the most integral to my healing process, going above and beyond to help me. I’ve always felt that she sees me as more than a diagnosis or problem to be solved, but as a complete, complex person, worthy of help and support. By far, she is the most passionate and intelligent doctor I’ve ever known. I’m proud to call Dr. Casey my psychiatrist.
Meg S. – Feb 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Casey, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Casey for over a year now. I was diagnosed with Bipolar 1 in my early 20s and have been through numerous doctors, most adequate, some abysmal but not one did I value outside of their ability to write for my meds. Dr. Casey is the first doctor that I've truly valued and appreciated. From day one she has taken the time to listen to me and since day one that has not changed. If you're struggling to find a good doc don't give up. They do exist. Robin is proof.
William Hughes Conkwright in Arapahoe – Jan 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Casey, MD?
She is caring, professional, and I was shocked about how much time she devoted to me. I felt valued and understood. Highly recommended if you seek someone to be honest, open, and highly educational
Durham, NC – Apr 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Casey, MD?
I really like Dr Casey but the woman at the front desk is awful. She does not answer the phone nor do I believe she gives the doctor messages. I called numerous times and did not receive a call back. When I was there for a session she was sitting at the front desk and when the phone was ringing she just ignored it. I've worked for doctors most of my adult life and I have never came across such incompetence.
Wake Forest, NC – Feb 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Casey, MD?
I like Dr Casey a lot. She is pragmatic, but at the same time I have found that she is genuinely concerned for my well-being. I enjoy our conversations, she takes a holistic view of your treatment. Don't go to her if you just want pills.
Liz in Raleigh, NC – Sep 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Casey, MD?
Dr. Casey is a rare find. She truly listens and wants to understand your goals and how to achieve them in a well-rounded approach. I strongly trust her recommendations. Her efficiency and flexibility is impeccable. For example, I love the online portal where you can pay online and confirm appointments. Her warm office environment and her desire to help address all aspects of each patient's health is a relaxing yet professional atmosphere. I always look forward to my appointments!
Stefanie Garraffa in Chapel Hill, NC – Jun 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robin Casey, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Casey?

I am in-network with Cigna (all plans) and BlueCross BlueShield (all plans except BlueLocal in N. Raleigh and all plans except BlueValue or BlueLocal in...Read more

Dr. Robin Casey is board certified in General / Adult Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, as well as Integrative and Holistic Medicine. ...Read more

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry