Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD

Pediatric NeurologyMaleAge 66

Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD is a Pediatric Neurology Specialist in Weston, FL and has over 40 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from New York U, School of Medicine medical school in 1981. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Tuchman to book an appointment.

Dr. Tuchman

Dan Marino Center For Neurology

2900 S Commerce Pkwy Weston, FL 33331
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Pediatric Neurology Specialists

Compare Dr. Tuchman with our nearby Pediatric Neurology Specialists at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital.

Make an appointment at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital today at (954) 633-5024.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital.

Dr. Tuchman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tuchman

2.6

Dr. Tuchman?
  • Listened & answered questions (14)
  • Explained conditions well (13)
  • Appointment scheduling (10)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (23)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (23)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (22)
We had a telehealth appointment with Dr. Tuchman, he was great. Patient and attentive. He took his time listening to our concerns. We were happy the evaluation went so well, considering it was done via telehealth, he was still able to evaluate and determine a diagnosis. He was honest, informative and kind. We finished the appointment equipped with all the information we needed to move forward.
Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
Terrible. I DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM. Was very quick to diagnose my 2 year old son, and offered to answer any questions we had but was very cold with terrible bedside manner throughout the appointment- when I asked for a copy of the notes from the visit- it was like he wrote the note describing another child. None of the note was accurate or what we discussed. Went to another neurologist, did not receive a diagnosis and had accurate notes of my sons behavior during and prior to the appointment. Also given a list of therapist he personally knew and recommended. Moral of the story, seek second opinions. My son is currently 5 and thriving with no therapies or issues.
Sarit – Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
We had a great experience, he was the 3rd doctor to diagnose our son with ASD. It was something we already knew and were only looking for a better continued care physician. He answered our questions and worked on the best plan of care. I can understand if it's your first time coming how it might feel like he doesn't hold your hand but after 2 years of fighting for my son I really don't want a doctor to hold my hand I want one that is going to fight with me for the betterment of my son.
Evelyn JImenez in miami, FL – Feb 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
He was very dismissive and short with us. Spent less than 15 minutes with in the room barely looked at the medical history. Made me feel like a bad parent. I left his office in tears.
Carolina Caywood in Windermere – Jan 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
After reading these reviews I was compelled to share my experience. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME COMING TO SEE DR. TUCHMAN. We were asked 10 questions by a Nurse she then walked out of the room 20 mins later DR Tuchman came in and said your son has Autisum ....any questions. That is it!!!! Never spent 1 second even looking or interacting with my son.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
Very rude and only refused all our comments about my son issues. My wife leaves the Westin building crying. Very bad experience and I don’t recommend this doctor for your children.
Jc in Fort Lauderdale – Apr 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
I don't think I have ever had such a bad experience like the one I had with Dr. Tuchman. He did not care to listen to any of my concerns. He did not care to explain anything about my son's condition. The only thing he cared about to brag about his 30 years of experience in the field. I guess his experience hasn't taught him how to treat patients/parents with empathy, care, and respect. In your appointment, expect to be seen a nurse practitioner and spend about 5 minutes with the doctor, if any!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
AutismDad in Weston, FL – Mar 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
I felt compelled to write this after seeing Dr. Tuchman today. After we were referred, doing my due diligence I came across this website. The reviews I read seemed to be fairly split with many 1 and 5 star reviews. Personally, I had a fantastic experience. Nicole (who helped schedule the appointment) was truly fantastic. It goes without saying that Dr, Tuchman is highly qualified. He spent time with my daughter,answered all my questions and put my mind at ease by offering very practical advice.
Jocelyn McElroy in Miami – Dec 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
Bad experience. A nurse spent almost an hour with my child and he just showed up for 3 minutes. WHe diagnosed my child with Autism by only trying to shake her hand. We wanted to ask a lot ofToday my child is healthy and the tag of autistic was taken away from her. All Dorctors agree that he rush for the diagnostic. That day that I visited his office me and my wife experienced the worst day of our life, and he didn't even showed simpathy. The next day our insurance was charged with a lot of money
Ft Lauderdale, FL – Aug 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
I like Dr Tuchman and the other doctors that work with him, but the administration at MCH can be quite rude and not willing to help the patient and caregivers.
Miami, FL – Jun 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
If you want your child to see a Neurologist and not a nurse practioner do not come here. This is our second visit and the Dr. Doesn't show up. Is the nurse practioner who gives you a Tourette's syndrome diagnosis and an ASD diagnosis. The Dr signs off but doesn't spends time with your child even though they charge the insurance for it.
Mom in Weston,FL – Apr 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
Took my daughter to him for possible Neuro issue. She was diagnosed with ADHD from another doctor previously. I was wondering if it could be secondary to another issue since a sibling has a neuro issue. I found him to be straight to the point which I like being a Registered Nurse.
Shirl in Miami Beach, FL – Apr 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
I found Dr. Tuchman to be highly qualified to deal with seizures and helped us every step of the way with issues and always answered our questions directly and precise. I trust his judgment 100% and highly recommend Dr. Tuchman to my close family and friends. Dr. Tuchman puts the child's needs first and foremost, our family appreciates his knowledge and expertise in dealing with our sons neurological needs. I drive a very long way for my child to see him and I would fly to see him if necessar
Srebnick in Miami Beach, FL – Oct 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
This is a Dr. that knows what he's doing. Great team! I had a great experience. Be open minded, do not be sensitive to criticism about your child or you as the parent-take it as an eye opener & for the good of your child, come prepared, listen, let him do & ask the questions to the parent & the child & you will see the magic before your eyes. Remember he's the professional & he's so great at it that you have to wait months for an appointment so don't procrastinate & make the appointment today
Janett Garcia in Weston, Florida – Oct 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
The authority in pediatric neurology, I understand the other reviewers but he is very concise and to the point. do you want your child to improve listen to Dr. Tuchman. Remember that everything that he is telling you is for the well being of your child.
B. Garcia in Miami, FL – Aug 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
Horrible Experience! Instead of answering my questions, he decided his time was better spent rating them. So, he would say things like that question is not a good question or that question is helpful to no one. Funny thing is that I get asked those same questions all the time. So I guess we are all stupid for even thinking about these questions. He is arrogant! He should seriously consider leaving the profession as no parent should leave the doctor office feeling broken!
West Palm Beach, FL – May 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
Dr. Tuchman is very to the point, which he can come off as rude, and crass. This is a pattern I've see with many specialists of varying degrees. If you assert yourself to him, he will listen. You have to have a pair of nards to go toe to toe with him. He has seen both my kids, and we have found a middle ground.
AutismMom in Plantation, FL – Feb 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?
Most horrible experience ever. Took my son there for a second opinion of a diagnosis and this man basically lectured me without looking at my son. He was terrible. Wanted to make me feel guilty and blame me for not doing enough. Extremely arrogant. Will never ever be back.
J. Garcia in Hollywood, FL – Dec 23, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roberto Tuchman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tuchman?

• Pediatric Neurology