Dr. Roberto Mixco, MD

Dr. Roberto Mixco, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Roberto Mixco, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Merritt Island, FL. He is 65 years old. Dr. Mixco is affiliated with Wuesthoff Medical Center Rockledge and Cape Canaveral Hospital.

1395 N Courtenay Pkwy Ste 106

Merritt Island, FL 32953

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Mixco

See how frequently Dr. Mixco performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Fever-Induced Seizure
Brain Disorders
high
Tension Headache

Dr. Mixco's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

• Saint Louis University Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Neurophysiology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Mixco has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mixco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mixco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mixco's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mixco to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Mixco's Performance
in Merritt Island, FL |
Dr Mixco is a very caring neurologist. He actually listens to what I have to say. Never rushes me out of his office. He has helped me so much medically - even though sometimes it wasn't the outcome I was looking for.
in Titusville, FL |
This doctor is completely unprofessional. He happened to take over the office where my previous doc had retired. I couldn't immediately get in with a new physician, and was told he would fill my meds until I could. When I picked up the meds, there was a note from "Dr" Mixco on the prescription label indicating he was annoyed with my request for the meds, after I was told they would fill them with no problem one more time. Very evil and raw humor does not belong in this environment. 0*s!!!!
in Cocoa, FL |
l liked him unfortunately he doesn't take my insurance nor does he treat my condition but he cares his staff sent paperwork promptly to the new neurologist I wanted to see but she doesn't treat my condition either he's honest which is most important to me
Titusville, FL |
I recently saw Dr. Mixco as a new patient. He took much needed time with me, listened to me and explained things in detail to me, including tests, medications, recommendations, etc. The staff was very courteous and efficient. My paperwork was mailed to me ahead of time so I could fill it out at home and save the time in the office. Overall an excellent experience. I am very much looking forward to continuing care with this awesome doctor.
in Titusville, FL |
I have to bring my daughter into him as her condition is getting worse. She has MS. He is quick to order labs and scans on her so that we know what is going on. He spends a great deal explaining everything. Sometimes I have to ask him to slow down because he does get a little excited and becomes difficult to understand, but he is a great doctor. His staff is very hard working and is diligent about keeping up with everything from insurance changes to any office delays. They are a great staff.
in Cocoa,fl |
I had a very pleasant experience with dr.mixco. He is very knowledgeable and helps my wife and I understand what's going on. The staff is not so great, I tried to get my monthly prescription refilled and Jodi told me I should of counted what is in my bottle and not do bother them about that stuff, Nichole is usually helpful with prescriptions but she is often rude and short with me as well. My time in and out of the office was quick, and things went smoothly otherwise.
in Merritt island,fl |
I have been going to this guy for over a year, great doctor, spends a quality amount of time with you and really knows his stuff. He had practically saved my life. The office could use to updates though. I almost always have a good experience except the last time I was in a lady by the name of jody was complaining about her job and was very rude to my wife and I. She should probably find a new job.
in Rockledge, FL |
Office staff is EXTREMELY rude and confrontational, especially Regan and Jodie. Dr Mixco is a good doctor but the office staff made me want to go elsewhere. The wait time is over and hour Everytime and there are a mountain of papers piled on the desks. Makes me wonder if things get processed correctly.
Merritt Island, FL |
I would NEVER recommend Dr Mixco. English is not his first language, making his strong accent understandable. His staff is untrained with discourtesy to patients and cluttered disorganized paperwork everywhere! The desk tech has distain for patients and is beyond nasty. The management was notified yet a clerk who identified herself as Jodie claimed there was no one else to answer my questions. The doctor may be qualified but it is difficult getting past the obnoxious & rude front desk .
in Merritt Island, FL |
Dr Mixco's office is unprofessional with staff consisting of hateful staff members and totally uncoordinated scheduling. The wait time is hour plus with office tech, Jodie insulting anyone that should question procedure. Doctor Is disheveled with strong accent which is impossible to understand. Do not waste your time! Staff is unprofessional, uneducated and rude!
in Titusville, FL |
Worst neurlolgists I've ever been to by far. He ordered me to have an updated EEG and still after 6wks Mixco hasn't given me my results. He found out I've been filing for disability so he had blood work done immediately and said I had no seizure medication in my system which I have dispensed to me every night so that's impossible that it's not in my blood. A very rude staff member named Jodie called and had me discharged. Something went wrong with the labs,they could have ordered new blood work.
in Merritt Island, FL |
Office staff has no compassion, does not answer ringing phone, does not return messages and billing is duplicated. Doctor leaves patients in waiting room for hour plus for scheduled spot. I would not go back to this doctor. I have no confidence in the Doctor nor staff. Unprofessional!
in Titusville, FL |
Very pleased with visits to Dr. Mixco. He takes the time to explain what the problem is, what is causing it, and alternative treatments.
Have you seen Dr. Roberto Mixco, MD?
Are you Dr. Mixco?

Visit Dr. Mixco

Dr. Mixco accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
    Blue Care HMO
  • CoreSource
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
    Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
  • MagnaCare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • National Elevator