Dr. Robert Yates, MD

Dr. Robert Yates, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Robert Yates, MD is a general surgery specialist in Seattle, WA and has been practicing for 3 years. He graduated from Ohio State University / College of Medicine in 2008 and specializes in general surgery, surgery, and more.Read his story

1560 N 115th St Ofc Medicalbldgste

Seattle, WA 98133

• First Choice Health
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • Premera Blue Cross

Learn about Dr. Yates

See how frequently Dr. Yates performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Intestinal Obstruction
Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair

Dr. Yates's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Yates' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Yates "Dr. Yates is a board certified surgeon with advanced fellowship training in minimally invasive (laparoscopic and endoscopic) surgery. His clinical interests include the management of hernias, including inguinal/groin, ventral, incisional and hiatal hernias, and the surgical management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract with a particular focus on disorders of the esophagus and stomach. He is a surgeon in the University of Washington Department of Surgery and the UW Medicine Hernia Center at Northwest Hospital. Dr. Yates received his medical degree from the Ohio State University College of Medicine and completed his internship and residency training in general surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He then completed an advanced minimally invasive surgery fellowship at the Center for Videoendoscopic Surgery at the University of Washington."

This content was provided by Dr. Yates "The opportunity to provide surgical care to patients is a true privilege. Patients and their families place a tremendous amount of faith and trust in their surgeon, and I take that responsibility very seriously. I believe that patients do not simply have a disease that needs treatment; rather, each person has a unique set of clinical and social factors that define the goals and expectations for their surgical care. I strive to understand these factors for each patient and, whenever possible, develop and implement a treatment plan that is congruent with their goals and expectations. I encourage patients to ask questions and be active participants in their clinical decision-making process. It is particularly important to me that each patient fully understands, and has confidence in, the treatment plan that we have developed. Ultimately, it is my goal to ensure that each patient receives with the safest, most effective, and least invasive treatment possible."

• General Surgery
  • Gastroenterological Surgery
  • Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Miami University
  • University Of Washington Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015
  • Sarnoff Cardiovascular Research Fellowship
    Other Education | Completed 2005

Dr. Yates has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yates does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yates and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yates' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yates to family and friends

Dr. Yates' Performance

Dr. Yates Says:
"

Thank you for taking the time to provide me feedback on your experience with me and the University of Washington Surgical Services and Hernia Center. We will do our best to continue to provide the best care possible to our patients by incorporating your suggestions. If you would like to provide direct feedback to our clinic, please call us at 206-368-1070.

"

Great expeirienxe with Dr Yates. Explained everything. Asked lots of questions. And I really didnt feel rushed at all.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I recently had hernia surgery performed by Dr. Yates at Northwest Hospital and I cannot say enough about how wonderful he and the entire staff treated me both before and after the surgery.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Yates saved my life and I will be forever grateful to him. I truly lucked out that he was on call when I was admitted to the hospital. He worked tirelessly with the team of doctors on my case and he was the one that I immediately felt was in charge and on my side. He operated on me twice in...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
So thankful to have found Dr. Yates! This was my 3rd hernia repair and I truly believe it will be my last because of not only his excellent care, but also the "education" he shared both before and after! I would recommend him and his staff to anyone, he is compassionate and makes you feel at ease...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Very patient and thorough. Could not have had a better experience.
Are you Dr. Yates?