Dr. Robert Yates, MD

General Surgery ·  Male · Age 38

Dr. Yates

University of Washington Surgical Services and Hernia Center

1560 N 115th St Ofc Medicalbldgste Seattle, WA 98133

Dr. Robert Yates, MD is a general surgery specialist in Seattle, WA and has been practicing for 4 years. He graduated from Ohio State University / College of Medicine in 2008 and specializes in general surgery and gastroenterological surgery.

Dr. Yates accepts

Dr. Yates accepts the following insurance:

First Choice Health
First Choice Health PPO
Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Coop Core
Medicaid
Premera Blue Cross
Heritage Signature
Providence Health Plans
Personal Option EPO
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
Preferred Provider Network PPN

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Yates' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Yates' Top Procedures and Conditions

Lipomas

Dr. Yates treats Lipomas more than 5% of his peers

Intestinal Obstruction

Dr. Yates treats Intestinal Obstruction more than 5% of his peers

Dr. Yates treats this condition more than 5% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Colonic Volvulus

• Umbilical Hernia
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Ventral Herniorrhaphy

The opportunity to provide surgical care to patients is a true privilege. Patients and their families place a tremendous amount of faith and trust in their surgeon, and I take that responsibility very seriously. I believe that patients do not simply ...

• General Surgery

Dr. Yates?
Dr. Yates' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Yates, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr Yates is very personable and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
I came to NW Hospital with a small bowel obstruction. It became worse while at the hospital. I became septic and the pain was unrelenting. Dr. Yates took the time to explain to me and my wife about the emerging need for exploratory small bowel surgery. It was discovered before entering the bowel that I had a gangrenous gall bladder. He took the time to answer all of our questions. I feel like he and his team saved my life. I am currently recovering well from the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
Dr. Yates was very professional and took time to explain my situation and gave me the option to have the surgery or not. I did and am very pleased with his professionalism and helpful and caring matter. Ditto for his staff and respect for my time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
I first discovered respect for Dr. Yates when he so very valiantly worked hard to save my mother's life a couple years back. His attitude and approach to her condition was of the utmost professionalism mixed in with a humble and compassionate bedside manner. He also stepped in and advocated for my father at this time. By coincidence, I was assigned Dr. Yates when I developed an hernia a couple months back. The procedure went smoothly and I couldnt have been in better hands! Thank YOU, sir!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
very good doctor, helpful, conciderate, and understanding, very talented, and skilled at what he does. thank you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
Great expeirienxe with Dr Yates. Explained everything. Asked lots of questions. And I really didnt feel rushed at all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
I recently had hernia surgery performed by Dr. Yates at Northwest Hospital and I cannot say enough about how wonderful he and the entire staff treated me both before and after the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
Dr. Yates saved my life and I will be forever grateful to him. I truly lucked out that he was on call when I was admitted to the hospital. He worked tirelessly with the team of doctors on my case and he was the one that I immediately felt was in charge and on my side. He operated on me twice in four months successfully. A brilliant surgeon, with gentle bedside manner, he patiently discussed and explained. I know he has specialties, but if I have to have any surgery again I will beg him to do it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
So thankful to have found Dr. Yates! This was my 3rd hernia repair and I truly believe it will be my last because of not only his excellent care, but also the "education" he shared both before and after! I would recommend him and his staff to anyone, he is compassionate and makes you feel at ease immediately. My LARGE incision (due to size of hernia) has been complimented by EVERYONE as an excellent repair. All staff at NW hospital said I had selected the best doctor and they were right!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
Very patient and thorough. Could not have had a better experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Yates and would wholeheartedly recommend him in the future. As a healthy 29 year old male primarily worried about active performance, choosing to repair a hernia without major symptoms is a tough choice. Dr. Yates was great guiding me through my options and the procedure went off without a hitch (besides finding and fixing a second hernia). Four days later I was completely off pain medication and have been healing up nicely ever since.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
I am a patient that has had 5 hernia surgeries. Dr Yates performed the last one on the left side where mesh was installed many years ago and had failed. Our local surgeon recommended Dr Yates as a doctor with the skills necessary to perform this difficult surgery. I had the surgery on October 26, 2016 and am doing well after easing back to normal activities 4 weeks later. After 8 weeks I began core strengthening exercises again. He is a skilled caring professional as is his nurse Connie.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
My visit and impending surgery with Dr. Yates was nothing short of incredible, (if that's possible?!) He was very receptive to my pain and scheduled me on very short notice. He clearly communicated what the surgery details would entail and was exceptional in his follow up with my significant other. I would highly recommend Dr. Yates because of his detailed work ethic and personal care & follow up.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
Dr. Yates answered all my questions clearly and fully. He informed me about ever step to look forward to regarding my hernia surgery. He did a perfect job of "fixing me up." I had put off surgery for four years, which meant I needed the best surgeon available. I am so glad someone recommended Dr. Yates. After extensive research, and, after meeting him, I chose Dr. Yates as my surgeon. I am so glad I did. I feel the best I have felt in four years. Dr. Yates is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr Yates. He explained my condition well, in terms I understood, and took the time to answer all of my questions. The surgery went well. He was competent and efficient. He was able to understand and advise a very active adult on the return to various forms of physical exercise post-op. I will return to him if I need more surgery His medical assistant was pleasant and efficient. The only problem I encountered was his office did not return any, two, phone calls post-op
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
Dr Yates and hi staff Nurse Connie not only provided outstanding professional care, They were extremely efficient ane "went that extra mile" to provide the emotional support that assisted me through a period of stress.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
Fun to interact with; thorough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Yates for inguinal hernia surgery. He is an excellent communicator who is patient focused. He thoroughly discussed all aspects of my surgery in our initial meeting, engaged me in discussing the merits of doing the surgery now versus later, and took the time to address all my questions. Post-surgery recovery was rapid and relatively pain free. His team was friendly and competent, and I felt completely confident in and comfortable with the entire surgical process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
From my first pre-op meeting with Dr. Yates on May 31st through my post-op meeting of July 14th, I felt I was in the best and most capable hands for my inguinal hernia repair. There wasn't anytime where I felt rushed in my meetings with him and all my questions were answered. I liked the fact that Dr Yates included a new resident in our first meetings. My insurance company and I appreciated having two doctors for the price of one. Thanks to Dr. Yates and NW Hospital Hernia Center.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yates, MD?
I had a good experience start to finish. In my case Robert was clear that my operation was a quality of life procedure not a life saving one.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Yates?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Yates treats patients.