Dr. Robert Yancey, MD

Dr. Robert Yancey, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Robert Yancey, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Gig Harbor, WA. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Yancey is affiliated with St. Anthony Hospital and St. Joseph Medical Center.

Franciscan Orthopedic Associates at St. Anthony

11511 Canterwood Blvd NW Ste 205

Gig Harbor, WA 98332

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Yancey

Video

See how frequently Dr. Yancey performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Surgery
Fracture

Dr. Yancey's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Yancey "Robert A. Yancey, MD, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in joint replacement and sports medicine. He also focuses on arthroscopic surgery of the knee, shoulder and ankle, as well as reconstructive knee surgery. He also has expertise in pediatric orthopedics and in on staff at Seattle Children's Hospital. Dr. Yancey has been extensively involved with local and regional hospital committees and is a frequent speaker on pediatric orthopedic and sports injury as well as joint replacement topics. He has been on the clinical faculty at the University of Washington since 1990 and a board member of the Washington State Orthopedic Association for the past ten years. A sports enthusiast, Dr. Yancey provides services to the Gig Harbor High School and Peninsula High School teams. He has worked in the Philippines, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Afghanistan and Pakistan as a medical volunteer for Health Volunteers Overseas. He enjoys sailing, gardening and traveling."

• Sports Medicine

• Knee Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Reconstructive Surgery
  • Shoulder Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Harvard Medical School
  • Ao Switzerland
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Children'S Hospital Boston
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Yancey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yancey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yancey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yancey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yancey to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Yancey's Performance
in Puyallup, WA |
I had been having leg and back pain for many months.I told Dr Yancey my family Doctor had sent me to just check...could be my knee.. He checked my knee and told me it was my knee that was causing my problems. Within minutes he gave me a Cortisone injection in my knee and I instantly became pain-free. That was two weeks ago I am still pain-free and hope to continue to be! Dr. Yancey you were very honest with me...professional explaining everything clearly to me! Thanks so very much!!
in Manchester, WA |
The Doctor and his team did a marvelous job very happy.
Tacoma, WA |
My hip was wrecked and my right leg was nearly 2" shorter than the left by the time I met Dr. Yancey. He was kind, calm, straight forward and confident. Today my legs are even again and I walk with neither limp nor pain. I will need the other hip done and will ONLY go to Dr. Yancey.
in Tacoma, Wa. |
Dr.Yancey was great. He listened to my concerns and surgery went well. Kathleen was also great. They make a great team!
in Gig Harbor, WA |
I have heard great reports of Dr. Yancey's surgical ability. But when I attempted to set up an appointment to meet with Dr. Yancey about an L & I injury I was told he and his office manager had declined to take my case. The receptionist declined to give a reason- just said she was told to contact me to tell me that they would not be taking the case. This was very puzzling since the case should have been very straight forward.
in Gig Harbor, Washington |
Dr. Yancy performed a Higland procedure any reattachment of the Achilles tendon to my left heel. Surgery went extremely smoothly, his staff is outstanding, and wouldn't hesitate to have him perform another surgery if required.
in Gig Harbor, WA |
He operated on knee, was unable to fix my knee problem
Have you seen Dr. Robert Yancey, MD?
Are you Dr. Yancey?

Visit Dr. Yancey

Dr. Yancey accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Yancey has admitting privileges

St. Anthony Hospital
11567 Canterwood Blvd NW
Gig Harbor, WA 98332
St. Joseph Medical Center
1717 S J St
Tacoma, WA 98405

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Yancey at Franciscan Orthopedic Associates at St. Anthony

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist