Dr. Robert Wysocki, MD

Dr. Robert Wysocki, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Robert Wysocki, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Westchester, IL. He has been practicing for 14 years.

2450 Wolf Rd Ste F

Westchester, IL 60154

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Wysocki

See how frequently Dr. Wysocki performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Elbow Injuries
Elbow Bursitis
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Dr. Wysocki's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Wysocki We do everything ranging from trauma surgery - meaning injured ligaments, injured bones, fractures etcetera - to arthroscopic procedures for the wrist and elbow for cartilage or athletic injuries. And then we do a substantial amount of nerve injury, work under the microscope with either arteries or nerves. So it really is a large variety of patients. There are some extremes, where sometimes someone comes in and surgery is almost an absolute. They have a major injury to the upper extremity where you can tell them, Listen, if you don't have a surgery, the function of your hand or arm is going to be drastically more poor than if you have the operation. But there's a lot patients that fall in the gray zone where surgery would be of potential benefit. But I always tell patients every surgery has a potential to make someone worse, if they have a complication. So I think it's very important patients are aware of the potential complications, and what the likelihood are of those. Our primary goal tends to be improving the function of the patient. And for the hand - whether that be writing, or whether that be an athlete being able to participate in his or her sport - we do tend to get pretty rapid, immediate gratification results usually. And they're usually tangible results that the patient can appreciate. And that's what draws a lot of people to orthopedics as a field - in that you really do have that unique ability to have immediate gratification for both the physician and the patient.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Broken Neck
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hammer Toe

• Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• The College of William and Mary
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1999
  • Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • Orthopedic Surgery - Rush University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Hand, Upper Extremity, and Microvascular Surgery - Duke University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Wysocki has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wysocki does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wysocki and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wysocki's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wysocki to family and friends
Dr. Wysocki's Performance
in Chicago, IL |
Dr Wysocki is a focused professional that has a blessed insight to administer the correct treatment for the ailments. I’ve had two different problems and he fixed both correctly and perfectly right away and once. He’s honest and trustworthy and has amazing descriptive skills explaining complicated anatomy’s.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr wysocki is amazing ....smart , kind , a true professional in every way possible .
in Hinsdale IL |
Dr. Wysocki is a wonderful doctor, very personable and puts his patients as ease. Thank you again!
in Chicago |
Dr. Wysocki did a great job on both of my finger surgeries. He's incredibly smart and experienced. His staff is fantastic also. I fully recommend him to anyone.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Wysocki is a genius at what he does. I had a badly broken wrist in two places. He put me back together! He definitely made me feel assured that I was receiving the best treatment possible. I am very grateful for his care and compassion. The whole experience was excellent from surgery to his aftercare. His staff is also very compassionate and understanding! I am back o work and feel great! Thank You Dr. Wysocki!!!!!
Chicago, IL |
He was reassuring when I was not progressing as quickly as the occupational therapists expected me to be. He explained the complexity of the break.
schererville, IN |
Dr. Wysocki and his staff are top notch. They saved my index finger, that was near an amputation. All of the people at the offices are as nice as can be and will answer any question you have! Thanks Dr. Wysocki
Chicago, IL |
Dr Wysocki did a complex elbow repair surgery for me. I now have full range of motion and am on the road to a full recovery. I am grateful for his expertise.
in Munster, IN |
Dr. Wysocki performed surgeries on both my left and right hand within the last year. I guess these would be called reconstructive surgeries, I have had excellent results on both hands. The mobility and flexibility of each hand is greater than it was prior to the surgeries, My hand strength is vastly increased in each hand. Additionally, I am painfree in my hands and no longer have shooting pains running up my arms. Dr. Wysocki is a very knowledgeable professional and a man of great compassion.
in Chicago, IL |
I had a very rare benign tumor in my wrist that was found in December of 2015. My initial doctor performed two surgeries and suggested I have another in order to fill the hole that was in my wrist due to the tumor. I knew after the second surgery and the recommendation for a third that it was time to get a second opinion. Dr. Wysocki was so incredibly welcoming from the second I met him. He answered all of our questions and made us feel much better about the situation. He suggested going through
Arlington Heights, IL |
I was very happy with the outcome of my arthritis surgery performed by Dr. Wysocki. Dr. Wysocki and his team are exceedingly knowledgeable,, compassionate, and thorough. They are experts in the field. I would recommend them to anyone for any problem they may be having with their hands or wrists.
better stay away if you can
in Chicago, IL |
I was very hesitant about having a fractured scaphoid surgically repaired after reading horror stories online. Dr. Wysocki did a fantastic job and my recovery was easy. Thank you!
Hammond, IN |
I was having problems in my elbow. Dr. Wysocki was able to accurately diagnose the problem, when other physicians could not. He laid out a plan of surgery and recovery. He and his team were very nice, genuine and understanding. The surgery went well, and less than 2 weeks after the surgery I was able to resume all activities (weight lifting, running, work, etc.). I was very impressed with Dr. Wysocki and would recommend him highly. His follow-up after the surgery was far more than I expected.
in Rockford, IL |
Excellent surgeon! Dr. Wysocki did a revision of a previous surgery I had done in Rockford; I am so grateful that he diagnosed my problem, and provided the surgery I needed. After suffering for almost four years I am finally getting back to normal. Thank-you!! Well worth the drive from Rockford!
Dr. Wysocki was very professional. He explained the procedure accurately and listened to any of my concerns. The pain in my hand is now gone.
Munster, IN |
He is an excellent surgeon. I thought I would never have full or even half the movement in my hand/wrist the rest of my life. To say that he is a magic worker is not even close to words. He gave me back my life and I will be forever grateful to this wonderful surgeon. He treated me like a friend and really cared about my recovery.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Wysocki was professional and focused on my medical problem. He performed surgery and I am once again a functioning adult. Thanks for your expertise, surgical technique, and thorough explanation of my condition.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Wysocki was phenomenal, I had somewhat of a complicated distal radius/ulna fracture and Dr. Wysocki really spent the time to figure out my fracture and see what my best options were, he was very courteous, great bedside manners and great knowledge of the wrist/hand, we opted for surgery and it was very successful, I stopped having pain after the 3rd day which is very rare and at 10 weeks am able to do pushups and go back to all my activities without limitations. I highly recommend him, he is
in Chicago, IL |
I went to Dr. Wysocki after breaking my wrist pretty badly in a sports related accident. He was very personable, open to questions, and extremely knowledgeable. I felt completely confident in his care. The surgery went great, my scarring is minimal and I have regained almost all my mobility and strength. Great Doctor! Highly recommend.
Chicago, IL |
Great experience and even better outcome. Couldn't be more happy.
Harwood Heights, IL |
Thorough and caring. Gave complete explanations and answered all questions in detail. Never felt hurried.
in Pekin, IL |
Dr Wysocki performed extensive wrist surgery for me. He explained everything about the surgery in detail. He thought I was a good candidate for the procedure and the results one year later are excellent. I no longer have any pain in my wrist and I am back playing tennis, golf and fly fishing. He is an excellent surgeon and takes time with his patients. I would highly recommend Dr Wysocki.
Chicago, IL |
Three monthly appointments with the doctor. Each visit I asked about physical therapy because I felt my injury was not improving. Each time I was dismissed. Left my August appointment with the doctor telling me my symptoms do not add up and there is nothing more he has to offer me. Second opinion (and third- I have learned a lesson) recommended physical therapy IMMEDIATELY! I should have listened to my own body. My fault. Setting me back three months. Dr. Wysocki's fault.
Merrillville, IN |
He made myself and my son feel very confident he would be ready for the football season this year,and he was Great Dr. With a Great disposition
in Park Ridge, IL |
Dr. Wysocki took great care in every part of the surgery. Every time we met leading up to the surgery and after, I felt nothing but good feelings. He's got the best bedside manner that you could ever encounter from a doctor. No arrogance. Always listening, and answering questions, and never condescending. All the things that you can only hope for in a doctor we found with Dr. Wysocki. Top-notch people and doctors at RUSH. Thank you very much.
in Riverside, IL |
I found Dr. Wysocki to be an exceptional physician both in his clinical and surgical ability along with his bedside manner. His assessment process, diagnosis, surgery, and follow-up medical monitoring was spot-on. Pain was at a minimal and the hand surgery resulted in 100% recovery. I have already referred two friends to him with their being very satisfied with the care provided.
in Chicago, IL |
Doctor Wysocki is an excellent Doctor. I tore my scapholunate ligament which needed surgery. Researching it showed it to be a rather complicated surgery. Doctor Wysocki explained the issues involved, what the surgery would entail and the hoped for results. It turned out great. I don't even think of it anymore and it has only been about 5 months. I'm back boxing, playing basketball, tennis, whatever I want. Excellent doctor, excellent results. I can't thank him enough.
in Elk Grove Village, IL |
his a great doctor. brought my hand to almost normal condition after complicated surgery. lot of thanks
in Elmhurst, IL |
Dr. Wysocki and his team were highly professional and attentive to my needs. I am very grateful for the excellent treatment I received for the severe arthritis in my right thumb. Susan Jordan Elmhurst, Illinois
in Chicago, IL |
He took his time with examination and carefully explained various treatment options. He made certain that I understood what he was saying. He answered all my questions. He has performed two wrist surgeries and now my wrists are much better. His staff is outstanding and has answered my questions and concerns after surgery quickly.
in Chicago, IL |
If you have to break your wrist and need surgery to repair it, I highly recommend Dr Wysocki for treatment. Excellent bedside manner, clear, concise explanation of issues and proposed treatment, professional and efficient staff, and great overall results. I hope I never need his services again, but if I do I wouldn't hesitate to contact or recommend him.
in Gurnee, IL |
Several months ago, Dr. Wysocki performed ulnar shortening osteotomy on my left wrist. the chronic pain I experienced on a daily basis had become unbearable. There were no alternatives available and by my second visit I was confident that his recommendation was the right choice for me. The surgery was successful and my recovery was exactly as he described. I am so thankful to have full use of my hand and to be able to return to all of the activities I had once given up.
in Glen Ellyn, IL |
Dr. Wysocki treated me recently for a bad elbow fracture & ligament damage. Thanks to his surgical skills and post-surgery treatment, I have regained 95% of my use of my dominant arm in 3 months. Beyond his medical skills, he is terrific at taking time to answer all my questions no matter how much time it takes. I am so impressed with his abilities and his caring, patient-focused practice. If I need any help again with my elbow, wrist, or hands, I will run straight back to him - he is that good!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Wysocki couldn't have made a painful experience any more pleasant! After putting off a dull pain in my hand for too long Dr. Wysocki carefully and thoughtfully diagnosed the problem. He clearly laid out a plan of action to determine cause of the problem and my options. After I felt we had exhausted all alternatives he carefully talked me through the surgery options, which I was very nervous about. It was clear that was the necessary path and he couldn't have done a better job! Back to 100%!
in Elmhurst, IL |
He was great. I would recommend him to anyone that needed this surgery
in Chicago, IL |
I had a trigger finger which Dr.Wysocki recommended surgery for. I decided to listen to him and do the procedure. The results were perfect and I am very happy with him as well as his staff. If you have a need you do not need to look any further than Dr Wysocki !!
Have you seen Dr. Robert Wysocki, MD?
Are you Dr. Wysocki?