Dr. Robert Wood, DDS

Dr. Robert Wood, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

It has always been my highest goal to treat every patient like family and to provide them with individualized care when they visit our offices. I work hard to make every patient feel comfortable, safe, and prepared before treatment.

Dr. Robert S. Wood has been an oral and maxillofacial surgeon for over 30 years. He is board-certified and practices the full scope of oral surgery, including dental implants, jaw surgery, wisdom teeth, dental extractions, and more. During his career, Dr. Wood has practiced in several US locations, as well as overseas. In addition to his work as a clinician, he has served as an administrator and head of a large multi-specialty dental clinic as well as a full time academician of oral and maxillofacial surgery at the University of Chicago. His varied experience has served him well, and he has been a crucial member of the Arizona Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons team since 2007. He strives to make patients feel relaxed and comfortable, and he takes pride in being honest with patients through the entire treatment process.

Dr. Wood's Experience

See how Dr. Wood's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wood

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Wood has admitting privileges.

Dr. Wood's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wood to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Wood's Performance
in Tucson, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Wood by my dentist because I had a tooth that was in pretty bad shape and I needed the expertise of an oral surgeon. My first appointment I was greeted like a friend and the service I got from start to finish was amazing. He took the time to explain the procedure, the risks, and made me feel as comfortable as possible before even starting. Afterwards I had some issues and he fixed it promptly and with a smile. I will definitely use him again for any future work I need done.
Thank you for the wonderful review. It was our pleasure to take care of you! Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you in the future.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Wood communicated to me in a clear, specific, practical manner, answered my questions concisely, and showed understanding of my pain and vulnerable condition. I also found the front desk staff, technicians, and assistant very positive, friendly, approachable, courteous, helpful, and compassionate. I virtually never complete a survey, however my positive experience compelled me to give feedback. Thank you for caring for me in my hour of need. You all made it easy. I appreciate it.
Our pleasure! Glad to hear you had a 5-star experience. If you need anything in the future, we'd be happy to assist.
in Vail, AZ |
Exceptional care with compassion, concern and skill!
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We truly appreciate the kind words. Please tell your friends and family!
in Tucson, AZ |
Overall, I had a very good experience with Dr. Wood. He is quite friendly, explains what needs to happen very well, and did an excellent job on the procedures. I would highly recommend Dr. Wood.
We are pleased to hear that your procedure went well. Thank you for the 5-star review! Please tell your friends and family!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Wood explained the procedure clearly and what to expect afterwards. Surprised me when I received calls on three consecutive days, after surgery, to check on how I was doing-this was over the Christmas holiday!
It means the world to us that you had a great experience. Thank you for the review! Please tell your friends and family!
in Tucson, AZ |
He's terrific. Listens and goes out of his way to help a patient.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Wood, DDS?

Compare Dr. Wood

Dr. Wood says...

Dr. Robert S. Wood has been an oral and maxillofacial surgeon for over 30 years. He is board-certified and practices the full scope of oral surgery, including dental implants, jaw surgery, wisdom teeth, dental extractions, and more. During his career, Dr. Wood has practiced in several US locations, as well as overseas. In addition to his work as a clinician, he has served as an administrator and head of a large multi-specialty dental clinic as well as a full time academician of oral and maxillofacial surgery at the University of Chicago. His varied experience has served him well, and he has been a crucial member of the Arizona Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons team since 2007. He strives to make patients feel relaxed and comfortable, and he takes pride in being honest with patients through the entire treatment process.

Dr. Wood's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wood says...

Dr. Wood was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, and after completing his undergraduate degree at Northwestern University, he decided to pursue his dental degree at the University of Illinois College of Dentistry. He earned his dental degree in 1980.

Dr. Wood says...

After receiving his dental degree, Dr. Wood decided he wanted to continue his training by becoming an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. He completed a hospital internship and oral and maxillofacial surgery residency program at the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he gained invaluable hands-on experience working with patients in a hospital environment. After his residency program, Dr. Wood continued gaining skills and experience through a year-long fellowship at an LSU-affiliated hospital in New Orleans (Charity Hospital).

Dr. Wood's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Dentofacial Anomalies

Louisiana State University / School Of Medicine In New Orleans

Completed in 1986

Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1976

Dr. Wood does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wood and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery