Dr. Robert W. Wong, MD

Dr. Robert W. Wong, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Austin Retina Associates 4207 James Casey St Ste 301, Austin, TX 78745 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Wong specializes in Ophthalmology and practices in Austin, TX. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Wong? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Wong's Experience

See how Dr. Wong's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wong

Dr. Wong accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Wong has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Wong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wong to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Wong
Dr. Wong's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (36)
in Buda, TX |
Professional, caring, and experience.
in Austin, TX |
I saw Dr. Wong for a torn retina on a Friday afternoon - late. He and his staff were very professional and supportive. Dr. Wong is thorough, concerned, capable, qualified, and talented. I was well informed of the procedures and felt assured of the results. All follow-up visits were timely and professional. I commend he and his staff on their professionalism and and well-operated office.
Austin, TX |
I had a retina reattached by Dr. Wong. He did an incredible job of restoring my sight. Dr. Wong is personable, explains what needs to be done in understandable language and does it.
in Austin, TX |
I definitely recommend Dr Wong. He and his staff are friendly and respectful. Dr. Wong listens to my concerns and answers all my questions about my eye disease and my treatment fully in language I understand. Dr. Wong is very upbeat and encouraging.
Leander, TX |
Dr Wong was very good at explaining the procedure and the after care. Knew what to expect in the recovery period
in Austin, TX |
He listens well. He answers questions honestly and without platitudes when discussing a patient's failing eyesight. When two other doctors could not find the initial presenting problem with my eyesight, and I was referred to him, he found and diagnosed a vein occlusion as the problem causing loss of vision. He also said the blind spot might get smaller with time (true) and that there was a possibility I might have trouble in the other eye (also true). He is a doctor who gives one the facts.
in Burnet, TX |
Over a 3 1/2 period, Dr. Wong has treated me twice for retina repair. Now that I have had both eyes repaired and my vision restored, I know that Dr. Wong is the right choice for me. He made me feel that my restored vision was the most important part of his treatment before, during, and after surgery. I sincerely hope that I will not have anymore retina repair events, but if I do, Dr. Wong will be my first choice.
in Austin, TX |
Very caring Positive with feedback Informs and explains procedures Open to questions and answers with patience Staff very supportive and caring and patient
in lago vista, tx |
professional, courteos and very intelligent.
Damon, TX |
Great experience Dr Wong is professional and very friendly. I would highly recommend him.
Austin, TX |
Dr. Wong is very personable and put me at ease during the exam and recommendations for treatment.
in Austin, TX |
Dr Wong has taken of my eye treatments for at least 6 years. During this time I have always found him to be caring and concerned to administer the most effective treatments available. He carefully discusses each treatment with me. Dr Wong and his staff are friendly, courteous and efficient. After each visit Dr Wong takes time to discuss results. I never feel rushed or "just a number"-he cares about his patients. I am very lucky to have my vision remaining healthy.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Wong is professional, personable, and caring. I highly recommend him!
in Florence Tx. 76527 |
He make room for me in an emergency situation.
in New Braunfels, TX |
Dr. Robert Wong is the best! After being diagnosed with Macular Degeneration a couple of years ago I was frightened of losing my sight. Dr. Wong's expert care and caring has made all the difference. He is warm, personable, capable, positive and always accessible to answer any & all questions relating to my eye care. He repaired a retinal hole & tear I had and gives me straight talk in a positive, "this is what is going in & here's what we're going to do" approach. I won't go anywhere else!
in Austin, TX |
Pleasant, knowledgeable, patient as far as his diagnostic and treatment plan is concern.
in Burnet, TX |
Dr. Wong and his supporting staff are always polite and professional each time I have had a visit with Dr. Wong. They are very informative and genuinely care for their patients.
in Pflugerville, TX |
Dr Wong was able to save my left eye that had a detacred retina. Service has been excellent.
in Georgetown, TX |
Dr. Wong is very professional and knowledgeable doctor. I would recommend him to my friends for retina treatment. I am very happy with his treatment of my condition.
in Jarrell, TX |
Dr. Wong was instrumental in saving my eye, performing emergency surgery, after an eye injury. He explained in detail the damage caused by the injury to my eye. He also explained in detail, everything he would be doing to save that eye, and what I could expect during that procedure. During each follow up visit he explains his findings in a comprehensive and understandable manner. He has a great personality, being very likable with a kind demeanor, complimenting his professionalism.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Wong is kind, considerate,and personable. Both my husband and my mother have been seeing him for a couple of years now and we love him. Dr. Wong has managed my mother's macular degeneration and my husband's retinal issues with significant knowledge and expertise, staying on the forefront of research. His staff is very friendly and efficient so we very rarely have to wait more than a few minutes to begin the preliminary assessments in preparation for seeing Dr. Wong.
in Austin, TX |
Positive. Explains issues well. Tries to answer all questions, explain options for treatment, odds for recovery, options. Friendly and positive demeanor.
in Burnet, Texas |
He has treated my eyes for over 2 yrs & my vision has remained stable. As far as I am concerned he has performed a miracle. He not only is a brilliant Doctor he always relaxes his patients and gives you the feeling he sincerely cares about you. I feel blessed to have him for my retina MD
in Lakeway, TX |
My experience with Dr. Wong and his staff was excellent. All preliminary tests were completed prior to my examination by Dr. Wong. Test results, both past and present, were displayed via computer screen in the examination room with Dr. Wong and me. After an additional examination, Dr. Wong explained his findings and answered all questions. Couldn't have had a better experience.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Wong is truly awesome! Very, VERY in-depth examination and evaluation.
in Round Rock, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Wong for 7 years for treatment for AMD. He is extremely kind and gentle and I trust him completely. I could not be more satisfied and highly recommend him.
in Austin, TX |
I've been getting injections from Dr. Wong on a regular basis for wet macular degeneration. I'm happy that, thanks to Dr. Wong and his staff, my condition has stabilized. The staff I've dealt with are always very friendly and courteous, and go out of their way to accommodate my severe hearing loss. Dr. Wong has always taken the time to explain the procedures and answer all my questions. I recommend Austin Retina to all my friends.
in Comfort, TX |
Dr. Wong is an excellent diagnostician, and will get to the root cause of a strange problem. Before I found Dr. Wong, I had been misdiagnosed by multiple doctors throughout Texas, some of whom were quite good. Dr. Wong figured it out in 5 minutes, got me straightened out after 2 years of misery and wasted effort, and I've been in good shape ever since. Can't recommend him highly enough. He is absolutely centered on making the right call, and supporting his patients' work to keep their vision.
in Austin, TX |
I have had retina problems since 1998 and had found an excellent specialist in Dallas. After moving to Austin it became increasingly difficult to commute and I finally made the change to Dr. Wong. After being under his care and undergoing several different types of procedures I have full confidence in his ability and judgment.
in Austin, Texas |
Dr. Wong is an amazing doctor! He provided great advice and care to me as his patient! I appreciate his kindness and expertise! Thank you for helping me Dr. Wong??
in Austin, TX |
My regular eye Dr sent me to Dr Wong to check to see if I had a retina tear. I had two visits with Dr Wong and he was awesome- very caring and knowledgeable.....thank goodness everything was fine with me in the end. But I do know that if I ever have any issues I will call on Dr. Wong.
in Austin, TX |
I can't be more satisfied with Dr. Wong. He is extremely knowledgeable and genuinely care about his patients' welfare. He has been very helpful in treating me, he has a stellar background and experience. Finally, his bedside manners are inpeccable. I would highly recommend Dr. Wong.
Have you seen Dr. Robert W. Wong, MD?
Are you Dr. Wong?

Compare Dr. Wong

Austin, TX 78745

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Ophthalmology

• Benign Neoplasm of Eye
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy

• Destruction of Lesion of Retina and Choroid
  • Eye Surgery
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

California Pacific Medical Center

Completed in 2009

Duke University

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Wong has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Wong's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Wong

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Wong's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Wong

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients