Dr. Robert Whitfield, MD

Dr. Robert Whitfield, MD

Breast Reconstruction Surgery  |

Dr. Whitfield is an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. He completed six years of surgical training at Indiana University Medical Center. He remained at the Indiana University Medical Center to complete his Plastic Surgery Residency. At the completion of his Plastic Surgery Residency he chose to gain additional training in Microsurgery by completing a one year Microsurgery Fellowship in Las Vegas, Nevada.He is an Active Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and the American Medical Association.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

3423 Bee Caves Rd Ste 202A

West Lake Hills, TX 78746

• Accountable Health Plans of America
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CoreSource
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Health Payors Organization
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Whitfield

Listening to patients is the most important skill I have acquired since I finished Medical School In 1996.  I do my best to understand how I can help them after listening to their story.  Once I feel like I understand what they may need I give them a plan tailored to their needs.  I always treat people the way I would like my family treated.

Dr. Whitfield's Experience

Dr. Whitfield's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Breast Reconstruction Surgery

• Cosmetic Conditions
  • Gynecomastia
  • Large Breasts
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Second-Degree Burns

• Liposuction
  • Mini Tummy Tuck
  • Mommy Makeover
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Restylane® Injections

• Indiana University School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • University Of Nevada School Of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Whitfield has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Whitfield does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Whitfield and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Whitfield's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Whitfield to family and friends
Dr. Whitfield's Performance
in New Braunfels, TX |
Dr. Robert Whitfield came highly recommended by many and I am beyond grateful to be under his care. Six weeks ago I had my breast implants removed and a lift. Dr. Whitfield and his staff and have consistently provided me with professional and personable care! I referred one of my good friends to him since my surgery and she has already had surgery and is so pleased as well. My mom is also now a patient of Dr. Whitfield too. I love my new look and I am thankful I had such a great experience!
in Bastrop, TX |
This office is incredible. From the staff, to Dr. Whitfield, down to my actual operation.... I cannot think of one thing, even remotely negative, to say. From finding a solution to my initially not having insurance, to my being just 37 years old and diagnosed with breast cancer and their ability to make this a very approachable and even comfortable procedure, they were all a class act. Dr. Whitfield is punctual and thorough. He is determined to make his patients happy through their well being!
Austin, TX |
Dr. Whitfield has done an amazing job with lip fillers. I am very satisfied with the job he has done! I would definitely recommend him with fillers.
in Austin, TX |
I was diagnosed with BRCA-2 on my 35th birthday just three years ago. Dr. Whitfield and his staff held my hand through the entire process. I had a prophylactic double mastectomy with direct-to-implant (DTI) reconstruction all in the same surgery. What really sets him apart from other surgeons is his empathy. He cares very much for his patients and you can see this in every visit, phone call, or email.
in Rocky Ford, CO |
Dr. Whitfield is absolutely the best plastic surgeon for breast reconstruction. He took time to explain the two types of reconstructive surgery available to me. He was kind and gentle in helping me make a decision. He worked with the breast surgeon and was able to start the reconstruction surgery during the mastectomy surgery. This was great because I did not have to have two separate surgeries. He cares deeply about his patients and works hard to see they receive the best care possible.
in Austin, TX |
I saw Dr. Whitfield for my lip augmentation. Dr. Whitfield was very intelligent and patient with me. I also like his nurse, Kathleen for all her dedication and guidance. Dr. Whitfield saw me always on-time. I am absolutely pleased with my subtle and natural appearance. 5-Start Lip Augmentation.
in Austin |
PERFECTION!!! No bruising, beautiful shape, fantastic surgeon... I've been enhancing my pout for over a decade, gone to nearly a dozen different providers and have NEVER experienced such professionalism and precision. I am picky, annoyingly so, I'll notice if something is off by a millimeter. When I confessed this to Dr Whitfield his response was "Millimeters count" YASSSSSS. He wasn't kidding. His attention to detail is unparalleled. I'll never go anywhere else and you shouldn't either
in San Marcos, TX |
2013 =worst yr of my life. With 3 young children & at the age of 37, I was diagnosed with stage IIb/III breast cancer. Thankfully I am alive today to be able to say that & Dr. Robert Whitfield was a huge part of the reason I am!! I opted for a double mastectomy with immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. In this day & age of busy physicians who spend most of their time looking at a computer screen ... Dr. Whitfield is a breath of Fresh air. His breast recon was superb and he cont to support me.
in Austin Texas |
Dr Whitfield was so lovely and professional during my reconstructive surgeries. Intelligent, patient and unbelievably capable. I absolutely would recommend him to friends and family. I spent far too much time at doctor offices in the last year and a half and his staff is far and away the best I encountered.
Dr. Whitfield as well as his professional staff made such a difference in my treatment and recovery from breast cancer. From the first meeting Dr. Whitfield was very patient and thorough in explaining options as well as being very companionate. I wish anyone who is unfortunate enough to have to go through breast cancer could have Dr. Whitfield on their team.
in Leander |
I cannot explain how much Dr. Whitfield and his staff had done for me. He is amazing at what he does, and can explain procedures in a way that I could understand - and did such a great job it exceeded my expectations. His office and staff are welcoming and wonderful. I've already recommended him to others who have had the exact same experience. He is always there for you and is one of the most knowledgeable surgeons around, especially in regards to the DIEP procedure.
in Austin, TX |
Dr Whitfield, Rebecca, Kathleen, and the entire staff have been absolutely fabulous in their care of me before, during, and after my reconstruction surgery. I am 100% confident in the quality of care and expertise! Having cancer isn't easy but they have helped make it so much easier-I can't sing their praises or thank them enough! Highly recommended!!! I was unsure about which Dr to go with at first, but WOW did I make the right choice! Thank God!!! On the road to recovery! Thanks All!!!
in Austin, TX |
I went to Dr. Whitfield to get implants that were causing issues, removed, & have the DIEP flap reconstruction (former masectomy). I have been so impressed with him and his staff. While it's been a BIG surgery and recovery, I'm so happy with the results....he's a very skilled surgeon. I highly recommend him!
in Austin, TX |
I had severe sharp pain in my abdomen after reconstruction and he was new to the practice. He was the only one in the office familiar with the situation and had corrected it before. It required another operation. It went perfectly which I was very worried about. Very good experience and I was so glad he was there!
Have you seen Dr. Robert Whitfield, MD?
Are you Dr. Whitfield?

Visit Dr. Whitfield

Dr. Whitfield accepts 22 insurance carriers
  • Accountable Health Plans of America
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas