Dr. Robert Wesner, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 62

Dr. Wesner

"Dr. Wesner is quite knowledgable and personable. Having previously experienced psychiatrists who rush you in and out, Dr. Wesner really takes time to understand what has happened since the last visit. I highly recommend him."

Read Review

"I have been seeing Dr. Wesner for a few years now and I highly recommend him. He's easy to talk to and works with me on what I think is best for me. If you're a dog person this is a great environment as he always has his two dogs and Bonnie the secretary often has her dog with her as well."

Read Review

Dr. Wesner?
Dr. Wesner's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Wesner, MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
Dr. Wesner is always attentive, respectful and helpful. He has been willing to go out of his way to answer questions and offer aid outside of sessions or during difficult times. If you are willing to work honestly and directly with his straightforward and fair guidelines, the experience will be rewarding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
I've been a patient for over six years now, and I can honestly say that I've never had an experience with a health provider that's been as rewarding as I've had with Dr. Wesner. Dr. Wesner and his Office Manager, Bonnie (who is awesome), are dedicated to providing the best care possible. They're flexible and accommodating with scheduling, and they're quick to follow up when things like prescription refills/questions arise. I started seeing Dr. Wesner at a very tumultuous time in my life six year
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
I really enjoy being able to meet with Dr. Wesner once every couple of months. I initially began meeting with him during a time when I was experiencing severe social anxiety. He was very welcoming with me from the start; my first impression of him was as a compassionate friend that was willing to actively work with me to improve upon my problems. When speaking with him you're able to tell that he genuinely wants to help you get to where you want to be.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Wesner for over ten years, during which time I experienced a variety of challenges; some of them I felt to be life-threatening, some of them led to my threatening my own life. Through them all, Dr. Wesner has listened compassionately, offered both understanding and strategies for coping, shifted medications astutely when I went from depression to acute anxiety, and most important to me, he paid attention to the ways my life and experiences were evolving--
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
Depression and anxiety run in my family and I have struggled with both since my early teens. I was referred to Dr. Wesner by my primary care doctor a number of years ago. I have found Dr. Wesner to be a caring, honest and skilled physician who does much more than write prescriptions. He actually listens, takes an interest in your life, makes insightful suggestions, and is never rushed. Dr. Wesner has helped me through some tough times and I feel fortunate to have found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Wesner without reservation to anyone who is seeking treatment for a mental health condition. His office is in a convenient location in downtown Iowa City. His office manager Bonnie is a wonderful person & is always diligent about following up with appointment reminders, phone calls, and messages to Dr. Wesner. In addition, Dr. Wesner has two wonderful Labradors who always greet me with kindness, sit in on all my sessions, and have a remarkable calming effect during sessions
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
I have benefited, greatly, from my time with Dr. Wesner. Unlike most Psychiatrists, Dr. Westner's appoints are 45 minutes, rather, than 15. The medical side of issues are explored thoroughly, but the life of the patient is foremost, as a priority. Robert Wesner has some great insight, compassion, and expertise in regard to my treatment, insomuch that when my insurance changed, it was still a priority that he be my doctor. I give Dr. Wesner my highest recommendation.
"the Wizard"
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Wesner for a few years and have had a great experience with him. He's a great listener and offers useful advice. He's very receptive to my needs and has been very resourceful to help me cope with my depression and anxiety. He brings his dogs to work which may be off-putting to some but I find that they've been very well-behaved and are a comfort.
great doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
Very compassionate physician. He takes the time to listen to your issues/symptoms and works to find ways for you to feel better. I have been seeing Dr. Wesner for many years and he has always been able to help get me back to feeling better when I've had relapses of anxiety/depression.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
I have a neurological condition called Post Chemotherapy Cognitive Impairment, resulting from a bone marrow transplant I had many years ago. The onset of chemo brain symptoms was gradual, and exponentially and adversely affected my personal, social, and professional life. This caused me increasing distress and anxiety, making daily functioning really hard. Dr. Wesner guided me through methods for addressing these symptoms, thorough interviews, suggestions, arranging for cognitive functioning
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
Dr. Wesner has helped me greatly over the last 15 years. He does more than just medication management. He also provided psychotherapy, and is well versed in various methods. He always returns phone calls, often staying late in his office. He never rushes appointments, giving his patients the time they need, even if it means staying late into the evening. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking psychiatric services. M
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
Dr Wesner is a wonderful physician. In fact, I feel like he saved my life. I would not be the happy, healthy, depression free individual that I am today without his impeccable care. He is one of the kindest, most understanding and caring people I have ever meant. As an RN, I have also had the chance to work with him in a hospital setting and he is very professional and truly cares about each and every one of his patients. He is simply one of the best psychiatrists there is.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
Great Doc. Straight shooter. Been a patient for 13 years, and he has helped me adjust my medications several times, and all with great results,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
Dr. Wesner is a very caring man and a true professional. I am a business man and I am in high stress environments daily. He has provided me with the tools I need to cope on a daily basis. Because of his care I am a much better husband, father, and a better person in general. I owe him a great deal of thanks for what he's helped me through over the years. He has a unique way of explaining things in a very simple way and helps me understand I am not the only person that has gone through the t
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
Excellent doctor, compassionate, knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Wesner, MD?
Dr. Wesner is a doctor that actually cares and listens. It was good to be treated with professionalism and care, and you can believe he is the best. I've always been able to talk to the doctor and get my problems resolved. Would not consider changing doctors.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Wesner?

Dr. Robert Wesner, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Iowa City, IA and has been practicing for 36 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine in 1983 and specializes in psychiatry.

• Psychiatry

University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine
Iowa State
1983

Dr. Wesner accepts

Dr. Wesner accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois PPO
HAP Insurance
Health Alliance PPO
Principal Life
Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Alliance Select

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Iowa

Check Dr. Wesner's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Wesner treats ADHD and-or ADD more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Wesner treats this condition more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Wesner's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Other Psychiatric Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Phobia
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Wesner treats patients.

Mercy Iowa City