Dr. Robert Wertheimer, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Robert Wertheimer, MD
Dr. Robert Wertheimer, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in West Caldwell, NJ. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Wertheimer is affiliated with Hackensackumc Mountainside, Saint Barnabas Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center.

Dr. Wertheimer's Care Philosophy

At Essex Eye Physicians, we are dedicated to providing state-of-the-art eye care in a caring, compassionate manner.

Dr. Wertheimer's Experience

See how Dr. Wertheimer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wertheimer

Dr. Wertheimer accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Wertheimer is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Wertheimer has admitting privileges.

Dr. Wertheimer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wertheimer to family and friends
Dr. Wertheimer's Performance
West Orange, NJ |
I just had cataract surgery with Dr Wertheimer. I couldn't be more pleased. I was nervous-it was my first. I have complete confidence in Dr Wertheimer. He explains everything thoroughly and gives you all of his attention and addresses all of your questions and concerns. The entire process went so smoothly and my fears were allayed. The office staff and the Ridgedale Surgery Center were very good- efficient, thorough, caring. Highly recommend him.
in Morristown, NJ |
Very patient, takes the time to thoroughly analyze the case before providing his diagnosis. His staff is also very friendly and efficient. I'd happily come back to see Dr. Wertheimer and recommend him to my friends and family.
in West Caldwell, NJ |
Dr. Wertheimer is the Best! After a year of going to multiple Doctors trying to get Diagnosed with what was causing my double vision, Dr. Wertheimer knew the seriousness and exactly what to do and helped me get diagnosed with what was a rare autoimmune disease. My wife and 3 kids go to Dr. W. for their eye care and love him and his staff. His care , knowledge, staff, and time he takes with you is excellent. I highly recommend this Doctor and would give him more than 5 stars if was possible.
in Montclair, NJ |
On Sunday of Labor Day weekend, I was experiencing flashes and floaters in my right eye. My regular ophthalmologist was away for the holiday, so I was directed to Dr. Wertheimer. He listened to me describe my symptoms on the phone, and then instructed me to meet him in his office that day for an emergency eye examination. It turned out I had a retinal tear, and he arranged for laser treatment that afternoon. Dr. Wertheimer is an excellent doctor and a very ethical man. I highly recommend him.
in Caldwell, NJ |
Both my husband and I have been patients of Dr. Wertheimer for several years, and he performed cataract surgery on my husband seven years ago. Dr. Wertheimer is a kind, highly skilled doctor. He has always taken time to explain procedures as he performs them thus alleviating any anxiety. He will address any questions or concerns thoroughly, and with respectful courtesy. His office staff is also considerate and friendly. I do not hesitate to recommend him.
in West Caldwell, NJ |
I had my second cataract surgery yesterday. It went perfectly. I have only had excellent experiences with Dr. Wertheimer, his office staff and surgical center. When you are with Dr. Wertheimer, you are the total focus of his attention. I have complete confidence in his knowledge and skill.
in West Caldwell, NJ |
I had been having a very difficult time finding a good eye doctor for the past three to four years. It got so bad that I was driving while covering my left eye just to avoid double vision. None of the other doctors ever helped me! I spent hundreds of dollars on glasses that never helped me at all. Dr. Wertheimer knew exactly what to do within 15 minutes and within five days his excellent staff had me set up with my brand new Rx glasses with prisms and I see perfectly. NO MORE DOUBLE VISION! YAY
Have you seen Dr. Robert Wertheimer, MD?
Are you Dr. Wertheimer?

Compare Dr. Wertheimer

Dr. Wertheimer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wertheimer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Ophthalmology

Dr. Wertheimer has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wertheimer's Board Certifications

• Diabetes-Like Retinal Edema
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Completed in 1998

Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 1988

• Italian

Dr. Wertheimer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wertheimer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Glaucoma Treatment
  • Intraocular Lens Implant Surgery
  • LASIK
  • Laser Surgery
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery