Dr. Robert W. Weisenthal, MD

Dr. Robert W. Weisenthal, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 61 years old

Dr. Weisenthal specializes in Ophthalmology and practices in East Syracuse, NY. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Weisenthal? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Weisenthal's Experience

See how Dr. Weisenthal's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Weisenthal

Dr. Weisenthal accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Weisenthal has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Weisenthal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Weisenthal to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Weisenthal
Dr. Weisenthal's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (59)
in Liverpool, NY |
Dr. Weisenthal exudes a air of confidence that helps you believe that your visual problem can be dealt with effectively. He also presents himself as a caring person who views his work as a vocation. I now have excellent vision thanks to his skill. His staff also has been trained to be responsive, communicative and understanding. If you have a concern about your vision, this is the man you want to "see."
in Marcellus, ny |
I certainly felt comfortable knowing I had Dr. Weisenthal working on my eyes. He is extremely competent. His beside manner made me feel at ease. His office/nursing staff are welcoming and reassuring.
in Chittenango, NY |
My experience with Dr. Weisenthal and his staff was exceptional. Staff was professional, accommodating, caring and prompt.
in Syracuse, NY |
I had cataracts in both eyes and extreme myopia. Other doctors I spoke with indicated a complete correction might not be possible. Dr Weisenthal corrected both eyes to perfect 20/20 vision. I couldn't be more satisfied. This brilliant surgeon has completely changed my life. Please, see this doctor if you are even consider cataract surgery. It will be the best decision you ever make.
in Union Springs, NY |
Totally all-around wonderful experience from the day I first walked in the office. I am so glad my family doctor recommended Dr. Weisenthal. I couldn't ask for a more professional and friendly atmosphere and believe I got the best care possible. Thank you!!
in Baldwinsville, NY |
Dr. Weisenthal has performed corneal transplants on both of my eyes (for Fuch's Disease aka Corneal Dystrophy) with excellent results. In addition he did bi-lateral cataract surgeries. My vision at 73 is better than when I was 53. In CNY he is the best in his field!
in Hammond, NY |
Dr. Weisenthal performed two cataract surgeries on me and I cannot praise enough his professionalism and expertise. It was a very positive experience from the first appointment until my release. I found him very willing to explain exactly what he was going to be doing and put me totally at ease. The surgery center was a very positive experience from the receptionist until the snack after the surgery. Overall, I would definitely recommend Dr. Weisenthal for anyone needing eye surgery.
in Syracuse Ny |
Assured me that surgery would take care of my astigmatism. It did not. Waiting room was packed most times I saw him. Some people made to wait in hallway .
in East Syracuse, NY |
My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Weisenthal for more years than I can remember. He has taken care of our eye health, including cataract surgery, and is a caring and excellect doctor. In our opinion, he is one of the best ophthalmologists in the nation.
in Auburn, NY |
Knowledgeable, caring and an excellent surgeon
New York, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Weisenthal since 2007. He was recommended to me by three different friends and we all travel about 65 miles for his eye care. I do this because of my confidence in him. Dr. Weisenthal and his entire staff make my appointment a positive experience.
in Baldwinsville, NY |
My experience at (CNY The Eye Doctor) with Dr. Robert Weisenthal and his staff was exceptional. My vision is incredible now! I always felt well taken care of by Dr. Wiesenthal. My questions were answered with detail and in a very timely manner. I would recommend anyone looking for permanent vision correction to visit Dr. Wiesenthal. You will not find a more outstanding and a higher rated professional. The day of the surgery, that evening I received a personal call from Dr Weisenthal. Great man.
in Bridgeport, NY |
I just recently had cataracts removed from both eyes. I have never been more relaxed and confident going into surgery as I was for this surgery. Dr. Weisenthal went over everything that was to be done and his staff was outstanding. The care after surgery was just important to them as doing the surgery, and I got calls to find out how I was doing and to make sure everything was going well. Dr. Weisenthal and his staff our the best!
in Oswego, NY |
Diane, Oswego, NY In June of 2013, Dr. Weisenthal performed my cataract surgery, along with a partial corneal transplant. I was very apprehensive about having the procedure done. He and his staff patiently explained the procedure from pre-op through the recovery process. I am happy to report that my vision now is excellent. I told him he is truly a miracle worker! I now understand why he is one of the Top 100 Docs in the country and I would recommend him, without hesitation to anyone..
in Syracuse, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr Weisenthal for cataract surgery. My nearsighted diopter measure was -10 and after two surgeries I am 20/20 in both eyes. If surgery can be made to seem simple he has accomplished it. This occurred at the age of 59 after having worn glasses/lenses since i was 7. Incredible experience made even more so by Dr Weisenthal's reliabily along with an amazing staff!
in Fayettevillacuse, NY |
I totally recommend Dr. Weisenthal! I had cataract surgery in both eyes and am thrilled with my results!! Everything was hassle free...the pre-op visits, his staff ,the surgery center, and my results. He is a great doctor. I don't know why I didn't have the surgery sooner!
in Central Square, NY |
What can i say, A doctor who knows his stuff and beyond. Great to meet a team who explains every step and who goes out of their way to exceed expectations. A team of Doctors who care about your well being even after hours when the office is closed. Thank you CNY Team.
in E Syracuse, NY |
I had lasik eye surgery on both eyes in 2005 and he did a great job. Now, 11 years later, I've developed cataracts so he removed one this past week. He told me that he couldn't guarantee perfect distance vision (due to my prior lasik), even if I had the cataract removed. I've trusted his work completely so I decided to go with it. One day later, I have perfect 20/20 vision in that eye. His calculations in inserting a stronger prescription for me WORKED GREAT. I'm completely grateful!
in Manlius, NY |
I was in the third grade when I got my first pair of glasses. It was an experience that I will never forget. Everything was so clear, I did not realize what I was missing until they put those glasses on. Fast forward about 50 years. I was just treated for cataracts eyes. The results were just as amazing as it was back then. The procedure was painless, literally. The office and surgical center staff that supports Dr. Weisenthal were professional, efficient, extremely skilled.
in Cicero, NY |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Weisenthal and I'm one week post surgery and have excellent results. Prior to surgery I required correction for both reading and distant vision. Now I require no contacts or glasses under any circumstances. He is knowledgable, efficient and personable. I recommend him highly
in Bridgeport, NY |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Weisenthal. He is very courteous, punctual, professional and I have complete confidence in his abilities. I had two cataracts removed. He always smiles, shakes your hand, asks how you are, call s after surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Robert W. Weisenthal, MD?
Are you Dr. Weisenthal?

Compare Dr. Weisenthal

Dr. Weisenthal's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Weisenthal has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Weisenthal's Board Certifications

• Blocked Tear Duct
  • Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Scheie Eye Institute University Penn

Completed in 1986

University Ia

Completed in 1987

Dr. Weisenthal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Weisenthal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology
  • Cataract Surgery
  • Cornea & External Diseases
  • Cornea & Refractive Surgery

• Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty (ALK)
  • Anterior Vitrectomy
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Eye Laceration

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.