Dr. Robert Tomas, DO

Dr. Robert Tomas, DO

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Robert Tomas, DO is a general surgery specialist in Fort Myers, FL and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Nova Southeastern University College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 1995 and specializes in general surgery.

12650 World Plaza Ln # 71

Fort Myers, FL 33907

Learn about Dr. Tomas

See how frequently Dr. Tomas performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
Hernia Repair

Dr. Tomas's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Tomas "Care for each patient as if they were a family member. Communication and respect for my patients is of utmost importance."

• General Surgery

• Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Wound Repair

1 Board Action
  • Wrong-site surgery (6/16/2015)
    Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Florida

• Botsford Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Botsford Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Tomas has no awards or honors listed.

• WINK News Health, Jan, 2007

Dr. Tomas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tomas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tomas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tomas to family and friends

Dr. Tomas' Performance

I had my right inguinal hernia repair done by Dr. Tomas almost 3 months ago and I feel great healthier again. I did followed all precautions before and after surgery as Dr. suggested and no infection and scar is non visible now. The key is to continue with normal life sctivities slowly and dont...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
This surgery did not work for me. I had a non mesh surgery performed by Dr. Tomas for an inguinal hernia in March of '16. I was very swollen for close to five months after the surgery. When the swelling went down I still had a lump in the area of the scar just like before the surgery. After...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Great doctor, great staff, I had a very good experience! Would definitely recommend for hernia surgery!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I should have known better... from my first visit he was trying to rush me into surgery. We discussed my procedure and then when I awoke from anesthesia, he did everything different! A very small defect has been turned into a huge/ permanent bump, with uncomfortable pulling and tension, and a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

I feel inclined to protect my reputation by responding to this comment. This patient failed to mention that he had a previous umbilical and epigastric repair in 2005 by another surgeon in Miami. He developed a recurrence after the Miami surgery in the area above the navel and this repair carries a recurrence rate of 20-40 percent in the literature. I performed my repair on his recurrent hernia using my no mesh suturing technique. He has no recurrence, just scarring which is expected.

I traveled from Ohio for bilateral inguinal hernia repair. I am very glad my wife found this doctor online. I am very satisfied with the surgery results and most impressed with the way I was treated. Any paperwork I've needed for my disability claim was processed right away (thank you RN Rajim),...more