Dr. Robert Tomas, DO

Dr. Robert Tomas, DO

General Surgery | Male | 49 years old

Learn about this Doctor

Care for each patient as if they were a family member. Communication and respect for my patients is of utmost importance.Read more

Dr. Tomas' Experience

73Experience
Match

See how Dr. Tomas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tomas

Dr. Tomas accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Tomas has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Tomas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tomas to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Tomas
Dr. Tomas' Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (30)
in Plano, IL |
Dr. Tomas repaired my right inguinal hernia using the Desarda no mesh, tension free, hernia repair method. He's done over 1,800 of these and has a quiet confidence appropriate to his extensive experience. He's patient, listens attentively, and explains everything. I can't imagine a better experience. Most hernias are repaired with mesh (I did not want that) and most general surgeons do a handful of hernias per year (I wanted a specialist). His technique seems very refined. Staff was excellent.
in Pensacola, FL |
I had the no mesh desarda hernia repair done for my inguinal hernia in January. I'm feeling great and am so glad I did my research and found him. The first couple of weeks are tough. You feel a little better every week after that. I'm a very active person so it was very hard for me to be patient. I walked nearly everyday after my surgery until 8 weeks post op and started light lifting again. I feel great and don't have to worry about any mesh in my body. Thanks Dr. Tomas
in Perkasie pa |
Inguinal hernia repair with no mesh. I had this done in June 2015. I completely forgot I had it repaired. No pain or any surgical sensation at all. Glad I did my research and found dr Tomas. I had slight discomfort for about 8 weeks and that was all there was. Just walk if you can next day after surgery,and walk every day. That's what I did. I tell everyone how good of a doctor Tomas is. GreAt guy. I traveled from pa for the surgery. Stayed in hotel they recommended. Everything is awesome.
SMYRNA |
I'm a 52 year old male had a umbilical hernia for several years also abdominal discomfort sour stomach Dr Tomas did my surgery 20 days ago since then no abdominal pain no sour stomach I haven't felt this good in several years just want to thank the doctor and BJ for everything they've done I would highly recommend Dr. Tomas
in Fargo, nd |
I came from out of town. What an amazing physician! I have a new chance at life without constant pain. He is worth the drive and i am so thankful i found him and his wonderful team!
Denver, CO |
had hernia repair. Was out of town patient, staff coordinated entire process seamlessly. Dr Tomas excellent physician. Glad i decided to make extra effort to have him do procedure. Very happy with results.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Tomas, DO?
Are you Dr. Tomas?

Compare Dr. Tomas

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.