Dr. Robert Tatsumi, MD

Dr. Robert Tatsumi, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Robert Tatsumi, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Tualatin, OR. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Read his story

19255 SW 65th Ave Ste 200

Tualatin, OR 97062

• First Choice Health
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Tatsumi

See how frequently Dr. Tatsumi performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Tatsumi's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Tatsumi's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Tatsumi "Dr. Tatsumi is a board certified orthopedic spine surgeon. He was born and raised in Beaverton, OR and graduated from Sunset High School. He completed his medical school and residency training at Oregon Health & Sciences University. He then completed his spine fellowship training at the Los Angeles Spine Institute under the direction of Rick Delamarter, MD."

• Orthopedic Neck Surgery

• Broken Neck
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Torticollis

• Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Cervical Disc Replacement
  • Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• University Of Oregon-Honors College
  • Ohsu Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • La Spine Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Tatsumi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tatsumi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tatsumi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tatsumi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tatsumi to family and friends
Dr. Tatsumi's Performance
in Salem, Oregon |
Excellent neurosurgeon, takes his time with the patients. Kind staff. I was able to get in quickly which was important to me. My pain was gone after my surgery so I’m very happy with that! Highly recommended.
Sisters, OR |
I can't say enough good things about Dr Tatsumi - I spent 9 months trying to deal with my lower back, leg and foot pain with a neurosurgeon and finally decided I needed a second opinion when that surgeon wanted to do a double fusion in my upper lumbar where there was no pain. I found Dr Tatsumi and was impressed when he said based only on the x-rays and scans he could understand that but based on my symptoms it looked like L5-S1 nerves should be decompressed. I just had that minimally invasive
in Astoria, Oregon |
I would recommend Dr. Robert Tatsumi for ANY spinal issues. He did my neck surgery two years ago, and a lower back surgery for me this last year. My recovery results were EXCELLENT in both cases. Once again, I would recommend this surgeon for any major surgery needs.
Tualatin, OR |
Excellent surgeon. Personable and friendly.
in Tigard, OR |
I wish we would of found Dr. Tatsumi five years ago. Dr. Tatsumi did surgery on my lumber spine, and as soon I woke up in post-op, I could feel the difference. Just had my yearly check up, and even did a few dance steps and running in place to show him how GREAT I feel.
in Beaverton, OR |
Easy to talk to and explained things well. He was highly recommended to me by my Chiropractor, and I was very impressed with my outcome.
in Gladstone, OR |
I went from crying every day about my neck to feeling normal. My husband attended the initial visit with me and both of us could not believe how comfortable we felt with Dr. Tatsumi and the discussion that we had about what was going to happen. I felt he listened and answered every question I had. I'm back playing high level tennis and looking forward to ski season...that says it all.
in Oregon |
After struggling 20 years with an unstable back, chronic pain, decreasing mobility, and trying everything but surgery I was led to Dr. Tatsumi and realized it was time for surgery. I'm so thankful for that decision and for Dr Tatsumi's decision to become a surgeon! I'm now pain free, have a healthy stable back, and becoming more active every day. He's a skilled and amazing Dr, personally called me multiple times to check on me and answer questions. I have my life back now, Thank You Dr. Tatsumi!
in Beaverton, OR |
Two surgery's performed by Dr. Tatsumi for spinal stenosis several years ago changed my life. Thank you Dr. Tatsumi for giving me relative freedom from back issues.
in Madras, OR |
I can't thank Dr. Tatsumi enough for "fixing" my neck. He didn't hesitate to take on my case and the whole experience couldn't have been better. Dr. Tatsumi is a very confidant, kind and caring doctor. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Fresno, CA |
This dr. Didn't listen, then told me I was wrong about my back and I have excellent posture. Then informed he could send me to a dermatologist for my only bruising. Turned out the bruising was internal bleeding almost killed me. My "perfect posture turned out to be 20° of curvature. This dr. Also wrote in file these things were my head. Horrible dr. !!!!!!!
Jon, Thank you for allowing us to provide a second opinion regarding your back condition. While your comments are not reflective of your consultation, the plan was to have you follow-up with your primary spine surgeon.
in Tigard, Oregon |
Very good experience. Dr, Tatsumi is well respected, and is a very pleasant, down-to-earth person as well. I was miserable for a long time prior to my neck surgery, I am MUCH better now. Dr. Tatsumi and his staff are very pleasant and professional.
in West Linn, OR |
Prior to my spine surgery completed by Dr. Tatsumi, I was experiencing extreme pain in my lower back & nerve pain in my left leg. Standing was difficult & my quality of life was suffering. Post surgery, I now play golf 4 to 5 times weekly & walk 5+ miles daily on my off days. Dr. Tatsumi is easy to work with & he is involved/concerned about his patients. I highly recommend him.
Aurora, OR |
Everything went perfect. I feel great.
in Portland, OR |
I have needed a back and also a neck surgery and Dr. Tatsumi performed both surgeries. I had the upmost confidence in him and I have had excellent results from the procedures.
in Molalla, OR |
My experience with Dr. Tatsumi has been life changing. He is kind, intelligent, informative, caring, helpful and amazing at what he does. When we met, I was at my breaking point. He reviewed what a 2 level fusion @ L4,L5,S1 would do to easy the agony in my legs and low back. 3 hours post surgery, I was walking and could feel my life changing. I am 1 yr. post op absent of pain, riding horse's, gardening, farming, pruning all day and I have never felt better. I have a life again! Thank you!
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Tatsumi and his staff were friendly and the care was excellent. My procedure went very well and I am happy with the results.
in Colton, OR |
Dr. Tatsumi has treated both myself and my husband for our neck issues. Surgery was performed and we are living our lives pain free again, thanks to Dr. Tatsumi. He was awesome in all the care we needed and received. We would recommend Dr. Tatsumi to all patients with neck issues with high regards.
in Molalla, OR |
Best doctor I have ever seen. Terrific surgeon very professional and caring. He called me at home the day after my surgery to see how I was doing. I will see him again if need be and recommend him to anyone needing spine surgery.
in Hubbard, OR |
Dr Tatsumi did a spinal stenosis surgery on me in January of 2013. The level of care he provided was amazing; he even called me after office hours to discuss my situation. I literally felt better from the time I woke up in the post surgery recovery room.
in Newberg, OR |
Dr. Tatsumi and his team are amazing. I was in so much pain pre-surgery & 2 weeks after surgery I feel better than I have in months. It was one of the easiest surgeries I've ever had with minimal pain after. His staff is personable and knows your name. Dr. Tatsumi takes the time to get to know you and is passionate about his work. I'm so grateful I was referred to him and that he gave me my quality of life back!
Very non-caring.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Tatsumi, MD?

Visit Dr. Tatsumi