Dr. Robert Tatsumi, MD

Dr. Robert Tatsumi, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Oregon Spine Care 19255 SW 65th Ave Ste 200 Tualatin, OR 97062 Get Directions

Dr. Tatsumi is a board certified orthopedic spine surgeon. He was born and raised in Beaverton, OR and graduated from Sunset High School. He completed his medical school and residency training at Oregon Health & Sciences University. He then completed his spine fellowship training at the Los Angeles Spine Institute under the direction of Rick Delamarter, MD.

Dr. Tatsumi's Experience

See how Dr. Tatsumi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tatsumi

Dr. Tatsumi accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Tatsumi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Tatsumi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tatsumi to family and friends
Dr. Tatsumi's Performance
in Tigard, Oregon |
Very good experience. Dr, Tatsumi is well respected, and is a very pleasant, down-to-earth person as well. I was miserable for a long time prior to my neck surgery, I am MUCH better now. Dr. Tatsumi and his staff are very pleasant and professional.
in West Linn, OR |
Prior to my spine surgery completed by Dr. Tatsumi, I was experiencing extreme pain in my lower back & nerve pain in my left leg. Standing was difficult & my quality of life was suffering. Post surgery, I now play golf 4 to 5 times weekly & walk 5+ miles daily on my off days. Dr. Tatsumi is easy to work with & he is involved/concerned about his patients. I highly recommend him.
Aurora, OR |
Everything went perfect. I feel great.
in Portland, OR |
I have needed a back and also a neck surgery and Dr. Tatsumi performed both surgeries. I had the upmost confidence in him and I have had excellent results from the procedures.
in Molalla, OR |
My experience with Dr. Tatsumi has been life changing. He is kind, intelligent, informative, caring, helpful and amazing at what he does. When we met, I was at my breaking point. He reviewed what a 2 level fusion @ L4,L5,S1 would do to easy the agony in my legs and low back. 3 hours post surgery, I was walking and could feel my life changing. I am 1 yr. post op absent of pain, riding horse's, gardening, farming, pruning all day and I have never felt better. I have a life again! Thank you!
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Tatsumi and his staff were friendly and the care was excellent. My procedure went very well and I am happy with the results.
in Colton, OR |
Dr. Tatsumi has treated both myself and my husband for our neck issues. Surgery was performed and we are living our lives pain free again, thanks to Dr. Tatsumi. He was awesome in all the care we needed and received. We would recommend Dr. Tatsumi to all patients with neck issues with high regards.
in Molalla, OR |
Best doctor I have ever seen. Terrific surgeon very professional and caring. He called me at home the day after my surgery to see how I was doing. I will see him again if need be and recommend him to anyone needing spine surgery.
in Hubbard, OR |
Dr Tatsumi did a spinal stenosis surgery on me in January of 2013. The level of care he provided was amazing; he even called me after office hours to discuss my situation. I literally felt better from the time I woke up in the post surgery recovery room.
in Newberg, OR |
Dr. Tatsumi and his team are amazing. I was in so much pain pre-surgery & 2 weeks after surgery I feel better than I have in months. It was one of the easiest surgeries I've ever had with minimal pain after. His staff is personable and knows your name. Dr. Tatsumi takes the time to get to know you and is passionate about his work. I'm so grateful I was referred to him and that he gave me my quality of life back!
Very non-caring.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Tatsumi, MD?
Are you Dr. Tatsumi?

Compare Dr. Tatsumi

Dr. Tatsumi says...

Dr. Tatsumi says...

Dr. Tatsumi is a board certified spine surgeon who specializes in minimally invasive and disc replacement procedures.  Many of his surgeries are out patient cases and patients can go home the same day.  Dr. Tatsumi is an instructor for minimally invasive fusion and disc replacement technologies.

Dr. Tatsumi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Tatsumi has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Why It Matters: Dr. Tatsumi's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pseudoarthrosis

La Spine Institute

Completed in 2008

University Of Oregon-Honors College

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Tatsumi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tatsumi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement