Dr. Robert Swan, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Robert J. Swan MD, PC 600 Medical Dr Ste 214 Wentzville, MO 63385 Get Directions
Dr. Robert Swan, MD
Dr. Robert Swan, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Wentzville, MO. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Swan is affiliated with SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Lake Saint Louis and SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles.

Dr. Swan's Experience

See how Dr. Swan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Swan

Dr. Swan accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Swan is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Swan has admitting privileges.

Dr. Swan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Swan to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Swan's Performance
    FAIR
    Over 45 minutes
in Chesterfield Mo. |
This man was my dr years ago at a different location and hospital. Received wrong diagnosis and wrong treatment which left me totally disabled. Would never recommend him and I do not know how he can call himself a dr.
in Wentzville, MO |
If you like to wait 5 plus hours, this is the doctor for you. Staff turnover was my first red flag and waiting 5 hours to see him when no other patients are in the waiting room and no patients are coming out of the examination rooms should have been my second red flag. Removed a sebaceous cyst from my neck and it got infected twice. Should have seen that coming because he asked his nurse if the instruments were sterile before he performed the procedure. Changed doctors quickly.
in O'Fallon, MO |
Sometimes I would be at his office for 5+ hours (waiting to be seen, being seen and then listening to obligatory tangent about some political issue or another), I always felt it was worth it. Until recently, that is. I have been going to him for years and my condition has been getting progressively worse (to the point of near immobility) and still didn't know what was wrong with me. I finally went to a different doctor and as of my first visit, I have a diagnosis, and a treatment plan as well.
in O Fallon, MO |
I have been a patient of Doctor Swan for years. He is a great doctor. His staff is horrible. I can never get lab results, my prescriptions are slways late of not filled. The wait is ridiculous. I have heard him say the his patients are on his time. So he can take as long as he likes. This is the last time I wait three hours to be seen. I can get better care else where.
in Wentzville, MO |
He is easy to get along with. Is accurate on his diagnosis. He treats people with respect, and is very thorough on his examinations.
in Wentzville, MO |
Dr Swan is a good doctor but there are issues with waiting time and I personally have several issues with their billing lady. I never get bills from her until like 6 months later for visits to him even from last year and then on the bill say that my payments are past 120 days. Because of her, I am now having all kinds of billing problems with her and might change doctors.
in Wentzville, MO |
wait times are insane 3-5hrs rude staff dr never on time . my apt was at 9am and he did not show up till noon. I overheard him tell his staff that he does not care about how long we have been waiting for him that we are on his time and dollar. The few times i went in past 3 months been same people mad yelling walking out and then others who said its normal for him to wait 3-5hrs hes never on time. he has no respect for his patients or staff. Do not go to this doctor.
in Wentzville, MO |
Very much into politics,5 hr wait times,or not leave office till 9pm,high staff turn over treated bad, rx's dont get filled in timely manor or lost,staff does not get breaks or lunches,lays ots of pts have switched doctors and other doctors respect him as a Dr. but he is very corky in his views and practice. Tells his staff if they are retired that they have nothing better to do and everyone is on his time and does not care if they are there at 9 for appts and he does not show up till noon.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Swan, MD?
Are you Dr. Swan?

Compare Dr. Swan

Dr. Swan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Missouri not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

Dr. Swan does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Swan and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Nwu Fienberg Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1979

Fitzsimons Army Med Center
    Naval Hospital
    Naval Hospital Pensacola

Dr. Swan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Swan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• In-Office Skin Procedure