Dr. Robert Summerfield, MD

Neurology | Male

Dr. Robert Summerfield, MD

Dr. Robert Summerfield, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Salt Lake City, UT. He is 53 years old. Dr. Summerfield is affiliated with Davis Hospital and Medical Center.

Dr. Summerfield's Experience

See how Dr. Summerfield's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Summerfield

Dr. Summerfield accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Summerfield is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Summerfield has admitting privileges.

Dr. Summerfield's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Summerfield to family and friends
    2.9
    Dr. Summerfield's Performance
    in KAYSVILLE, UT |
    DR. SUMMERFIELD IS AN AMAZING DOCTOR! HE SPENT A LOT OF TIME WITH ME, AND IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE! HE WAS VERY THOROUGH AND HAS GONE THE EXTRA MILE WHILE TREATING ME. IF YOU NEED A NEUROLOGIST, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!
    in Layton UT |
    I would definitely recommend Dr. Summerfield. I suffered a neurological complication after surgery and even though I am an RN I have had limited experience with peripheral nerve damage. Dr. Summerfield was both skilled and compassionate every time I saw him. I knew he cared about me! He actually called a neurosurgeon at the U of U and explained my case and that action subsequently expedited my care. I am now on the road to recovery! I am so grateful he went went the extra mile for me!
    in Clinton |
    Dr. Summerfield was so caring and listened to my concerns. I had seen 2 ER doctors and an urgent care doctor before I saw him. They were quick to brush off my symptoms, but Dr. Summerfield actually took the time to educate me on what was going on with my condition. He and his medical assistant are so quick to return my phone calls and help while I am recovering. I would recommend him to anyone!!
    in Kaysville, UT |
    I had been diagnosed with MS 25 years ago. I had been going to SLC for years and had wanted to find a neurologist closer to home. I have seen 6 neurologists over this period. This doctor did not even perform the basic 'squeeze my hands' or 'follow my finger with your eyes' basic basic basic exam. No attempt to even fake an exam. Weirdest experience ever with a physician, especially considering he is a 'specialist'. Keep on driving to SLC...
    in Layton |
    I went in to see Dr. Summerfield with a very rare neurological disorder. He spent the time to sit down and figure out what the issues were and listened to me rattle off the bizarre symptoms I was experiencing. He then helped trouble shoot the problem. I was thrilled to get a correct diagnosis after three years of wrong diagnosis from other places.
    in Clearfield |
    Total waste of time. He didn't seem to believe me about my symptoms, he didn't review the MRI I went for him to review and after the fact billed me an additional $138.00 for absolutely nothing. I was very clear about asking about the charges before and at the time of the appointment. The person answering the phone told me $105.00 for the visit, I verified again at the time of the visit the price. Then after the fact bill me another $138.00 FOR NOTHING! Billing department was rude.
    Salt Lake City, UT |
    6 Months ago he was awesome. With the arrival of his new PA suddenly they only want to see patients with major neurological diseases like ms. Save yourself the time and extra money and just go somewhere else. Because they or should I say his PA will just now say we do not do that here after you have been seeing him for over a year for the same problem. Then she will refer you to someone else and not actually do it, and Dr. Summerfield just back her up and doesn't even say much to you.
    Have you seen Dr. Robert Summerfield, MD?
    Are you Dr. Summerfield?

Dr. Summerfield's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
    •  Board certified in Neurology
    •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Summerfield has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Summerfield's Board Certifications

• Brain Aneurysm
    • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
    • Cerebral Palsy
    • Cerebrovascular Disease
    • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
    • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
    • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
    • Insomnia
    • Meningiomas
    • Menstrual Migraine
    • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
    • Myasthenia Gravis
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Parkinson's Disease
    • Stroke
    • Syncope
    • Thrombosis
    • Tourette's Syndrome
    • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
    • Tremor
    • Trigeminal Neuralgia
    • Vertigo
    • Visual Field Defects

Dr. Summerfield does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Summerfield and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology