Ophthalmology  |
Male
Dr. Robert Starr, MD
Dr. Robert Starr, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Huntington Beach, CA. He has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Starr is affiliated with Hoag Hospital Newport Beach.

Robert G Starr, MD

7677 Center Ave Ste 204

Huntington Beach, CA 92647

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Starr

Dr. Starr's Experience

Dr. Starr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Ophthalmology

Dr. Starr does not have any board certifications listed.

• Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Glaucoma Surgery
  • LASIK
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

No malpractice history found for California.

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Northwestern Memorial Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Wayne St University Detroit M C

Dr. Starr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Starr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Starr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Starr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Starr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Starr to family and friends
Dr. Starr's Performance
in Garden Grove, CA |
Dr. Robert is such a friendly, compassionate, warm-hearted, and humorous doctor. He welcomed me with respect when I was sitting in the lobby because I was a new patient and I had trouble finding a good doctor in the past. He seems very trust worthy and reliable. He cares a lot about his patients. Amazing atmosphere to be in and I can't wait to follow up with him later on.
Riverside, CA |
While in California for work, I developed an eye infection. I called Doctor Starr on a Wednesday afternoon and he was able to squeeze me in first thing Thursday morning. He even suggested the cheapest places to find eye drops, knowing I was paying out of pocket. A few days later during my follow up, I called to push back my appointment time and he had no problem with it. Doctor Starr was understanding, informative, and most certainly accommodating!
in Yorba Linda, CA |
Dr. Starr is the best! He carefully assesses each patient's situation and uses his super- ophthalmologist powers to prescribe treatments or perform procedures. He spends however much time is necessary to explain everything and answer questions has he goes along. His professionalism, the pride he takes in his work, the care he shows for patients and his sense of humor make it a pleasure to visit his office. I wish more physicians in all medical practices could be like him!
in Kaunakakai, HI |
I am a three year returning patient of Dr. Starr because he consistently performs his exams comprehensively. He is professional and in his recommendations for my eye condition.....and always conservative. I like that.
Santa Ana, CA |
When I looked for an opthalmologist for an urgent care, I found Dr. Starr on Yelp with high rating. I didn't think that he would take my insurance or scheduled me on the same day. For specialist, I would have waited for a week or so. The experience turned out not disappointed at all but grateful at his nice Huntington Beach office. He appeared such a polite, caring, professional and friendly to either old or new patients like me which I have never experienced in any doctors.
Seven years ago, Dr. Starr diagnosed my glaucoma. He started treating me immediately with laser surgery and glaucoma medication which drastically reduced the pressure in my eyes and saved me from going blind! I am so fortunate that Dr. Joseph Nassir sent me to see Dr. Starr. Now, Dr. Starr takes care of my whole family. He is so flexible with our schedules and I can't thank him enough for saving my sight. I have no hesitation in recommending him to anybody in need of an amazing ophthalmologist.
Five years after Dr Starr did my LASIK Eye Surgery, my vision is still better than 20/20. Thank God Dr Starr uses the most advanced lasers and technology, because I wore thick glasses and my prescription was extremely difficult to treat. Life without glasses has made all the difference in the world, in everything I do: work (I'm a handyman and before I needed glasses for distance and reading- now, I don't need them at all), sports, most people think I look younger too. So, thanks a lot Dr Starr!
in Santa Ana |
I would highly recommend going to see Dr Starr. He has worked very hard on my behalf. The ER doctor at Orange Coast Memorial told me to see Dr. Starr immediately. His staff scheduled me that same day and because of Dr. Starr's knowledge and thoroughness, he has successfully saved my eye from a horrific infection. Dr. Starr cares more about his patients than any other doctor that I have ever met.
My 81 year old mom had an extreme headache coupled with vomiting emergency and the loss of the vision of her right eye; so, the Hospital ER referred us to Dr. Starr. Dr. Starr immediately diagnosed her with Acute Glaucoma. Her eye had so much pressure that it caused her blindness, vomiting and headache. We thought that she may be permanently blind. Dr. Starr worked quickly, gave her medication to lower the pressure in preparation for laser surgery and Saved My Mom's Sight! Thank you Dr. Starr!!!
I had an excellent experience at Dr. Starr's office. His staff is very friendly and helpful. Very short wait time and they validate parking. :) I highly recommend Dr. Starr to anyone looking for a great ophthalmologist!
Los Alamitos, CA |
I recently had Lasik surgery performed by Dr. Starr and the results have greatly exceeded my expectations. My distance vision had deteriorated in recent years and I wanted it restored for golf and my other outdoor activities and was willing to continue to wear reading glasses. Not only is my distance vision now flawless, I no longer need reading glasses. My only regret is not having it done earlier!
in LOS ANGELES, CA |
Dr. Starr has exemplified the utmost kindness, outstanding, professional and good humor service to me while uncovering the root cause of blindness in my left eye. He went well beyond the call of duty along with showing me extreme patience in providing testing and other pertinent services. He held my hand through the entire process!! Additionally, he directed me and set an appointment for me to see another specialist when he found my condition warranted it.!! I highly recommend him!!
in Huntington Beach, CA |
Is a rare combination of brilliance in his field and true compassion for patients. What I would call a "real doctor"--actually opening his office on his day off for my eye emergency!!
Doctors like this one are extremely hard to find these days. You are in great hands with Dr. Starr. Honest, down to earth, he will go above and beyond for you.
Dr. Starr diagnosed and treated my glaucoma and pterygiums. I am so glad that a friend of mine recommended him. His staff is very friendly and caring. Thank you so much for saving my sight and taking such good care of me Dr. Starr.
Dr. Robert Starr is an excellent eye surgeon! When I came to his office I was completely blind and he saved my right eye. He helped me out by carefully removing the metal debris that were in my eye. I am very grateful that I am seeing 20/20 again. Thank you Dr. Starr for saving my vision!
So, I found Dr. Starr online and I was really nervous when I came in here. I was having really blurred vision, but after speaking with Dr. Starr I feel a lot better about my eyes and am able to see perfectly now. The staff here is very professional and very nice. Dr. Starr was also really nice and extremely professional and made me feel really comfortable. I highly recommend coming to see Dr. Starr to anybody.
I am so glad Dr. Daniel Hilton referred us to Dr. Starr, because I love my mom & she is very important to me. My mom is diabetic & she needs to have her eyes examined regularly. Every time I took her to the eye doctor before she was scared, but this time, she was very happy ???? She had a great experience with Dr. Starr. He was very patient with her & took great care of her eyes. Thank You So Very Much Dr. Starr for the extreme kindness & carefulness in the manner which you treat your patients!!
Dr. Starr has been my ophthalmologist & my daughter's ophthalmologist for the last ten years. He is knowledgable, nice, & easily approachable. He takes time to listen to the patient, addresses their concerns, & happily answers all questions. Also, his staff is friendly & helpful. My husband who is a cardiologist refers many patients to him and they have all been happy with Dr. Starr. So much so, my husband also chose him to be his ophthalmologist. Thank you Dr. Starr for all your great care!
in Cypress, CA |
I woke up one morning and was seeing double. I called my regular doctor and he referred me to Dr. Starr. He squeezed me in that morning and spent almost the intire morning testing and examining me. He is the most calm and reassuring person I believe I've ever met. He did not rush the process. He is a very detailed oriented and through doctor who also possesses a phd in medical science. He is a physician scientist. One Smart guy and very down to earth and humble. Lucky to have found him.
I'm sure that I owe the health of my eyes and my sight to Dr. Starr. I woke up one morning and my right eye was red, swollen, and itchy. After seeing 4 other doctors, I was referred to Dr. Starr who diagnosed my shingles. Dr. Starr also discovered that I have Glaucoma and Cataracts. I wish that I had been seeing an ophthalmologist all along and I strongly recommend that EVERYONE be examined by an ophthalmologist on a regular basis. Dr. Starr is a Superb Ophthalmologist! God bless you Dr. Starr!
My primary care doctor referred me to Dr. Starr because my right eye was red, itching, and irritated. His office was great and Dr. Starr saw me even though it was his day off! Dr. Starr removed an eyelash that had embedded in my eye. I am so happy and grateful that I came to him and I highly recommend Dr. Starr.
I am so happy that I was referred by my primary care doctor to come and see Dr. Robert Starr, my new ophthalmologist and eye surgeon. Dr. Starr is very nice and his office is extremely clean. I called this morning to make an appointment and I was surprised that he was able to see me the same day. This was the best, most thorough eye exam that I have ever had! I'll recommend him to others to come and receive great service and I want to say congratulations to him for being such a caring doctor!
Dr. Starr has taken care of my eyes for the last 3 years and he always treats his patents nicely and professionally. I would recommend Dr. Starr to everyone who wants to have a great Doctor. God bless you, Dr. Starr.
I am So Happy that I decided to have LASIK yesterday with Dr. Starr! The surgery center was great & had all the most advanced lasers. I was comfortable, had no pain & everything went smoothly. When I woke up this morning I could actually see the remote and I could see the signs across the room PERFECTLY. It's a Miracle! Dr. Nichter, I want to thank you for sending me to Dr. Starr. This has been a wonderful experience with Dr. Starr & I'm going to fly home tomorrow with my new, AMAZING sight!
Dr. Starr gave me a very thorough exam and it was also affordable as I don't have any insurance. The people who work here are super friendly and the doctor is very nice. I couldn't believe that they actually called to help me to find the address even though I was super late. Great doctor and very professional!
I had an appointment with Dr. Starr for a large growth in the outer corner of my eye. He was very thorough about explaining what he was going to do and made sure that I was comfortable throughout the whole procedure. I felt like he never rushed the process and made sure before, during and after the surgery that everything went perfectly and smoothly. He even checked up on me that night from his personal cell phone to make sure I wasn't in any pain. My experience with Dr. Starr has been great!
Having LASIK Surgery with Dr. Starr permanently changed my life! As a professional photographer, it is amazing how much easier it is for me to perform my job now that I am no longer encumbered by glasses. Dr. Starr used new technology which had recently evolved in order to be able to successfully perform LASIK despite my high prescription. I am so happy I trusted Dr. Starr with my eyes, because it has been 10 years since he did my LASIK Surgery and I still see perfectly. God bless you Dr. Starr!
My recent visit with Dr. Starr was as pleasant as usual beginning with the office assistants who warmly greet each patient on arrival. The doctor is very professional and courteous. I always know when I come in that I have had an excellent and thorough exam.
Dr. Starr is very professional, extremely thorough, and friendly. His office is clean and comfortable and his staff is nice and attentive. My family and I have been coming to him for years now and always have a great visit. I have observed and have personally experienced that Dr.Starr really cares for his patients. I highly recommend this office!
I can highly recommend my ophthalmologist, Dr. Robert Starr, located in Huntington Beach California. I have been a patient of his for five years and have found him to be extremely knowledgeable, caring, and thorough! In addition to eye care, he encourages me to achieve overall health with exercise and proper diet. He's extremely patient, listens to what I have to say and truly cares for his patient's well-being. I don't think you could find a better ophthalmologist in Southern California!
From my very first visit 5 years ago with Dr. Starr to my last recent visit; I have been met and treated with the utmost professionalism and respect by both his staff and himself. He is the best and most through Opthalmologist I have ever been to. Dr. Starr takes the time to explain each procedure and recommend what he feels is necessary for my best interest and eye health without ever pushing anything on me. I highly recommend Dr. Starr for your eye care!
I am a physician who has referred many patients to Dr. Starr for ophthalmologic care. He was very well liked by these patients, so I went to see him myself for an exam. His office was nice and clean and his staff were very attentive. Dr. Starr completed an incredibly thorough eye exam, my new glasses have the correct prescription and my vision is extremely sharp. I will continue to have Dr. Starr as my personal ophthalmologist and will continue to send my patients to him. Thank you Dr. Starr!
in Huntington Beach |
Dr.Starr is very talented and caring and has proven it to me. I had an emergency for an infection in my eye on a Friday, and I called many other offices; however, no one gave me an appointment on that same day. Then, I called his office and his staff was so concerned about my eyes that they asked me to come in right away. Dr. Starr did a complete eye exam and treated me for the next few hours to make sure the danger with my eyes was gone. Dr.Starr truly has a 5 Star Ophthalmology Practice!
I am so fortunate to have found Dr. Robert Starr, a great ophthalmologist, who was recommended by my daughter and my son-in-law. One of my friends is also one of Dr. Starr's patients and she also gave him rave reviews. Dr. Starr has taken care of all my eye problems. He's extremely personable, knowledgeable, skillful, and fast, all of which I appreciate. The office is clean and the staff is efficient and caring. It's always a pleasure to go to Dr. Starr!
Dr. Starr is the best ophthalmologist and if I hadn't come to him I would have been blind for the rest of my life. I work in sales and have referred tons of patients to Dr. Starr, because he is a great eye doctor. I have had great feedback from these people and they are so grateful that I sent them to Dr. Starr. I first came to Dr. Starr in 2007 as I had lost my vision in my right eye. With Dr. Starr's treatment, I am now able to see 20/20 in both of my eyes and I thank God for Dr. Starr!
Having LASIK Eye Surgery was a big decision for me and a little scary, but the results were wonderful. Dr Starr's educational background is excellent, he has fifteen years of patient experience, and he has performed thousands of LASIK Surgeries. Since my LASIK, I see better now than I have in over 30 years. I find myself reaching up to adjust my glasses and am so pleased when I realize that I'M NOT WEARING ANY GLASSES! I wish I'd met Dr. Starr a couple decades ago, because he changed my life.
Dr. Starr is my favorite doctor! I can't believe how well I can see with my new glasses! Thank you Dr. Starr!
My experience with Dr. Starr was great. He was very thorough in explaining my mom's situation. I found Dr. Starr on the Website with a lot of outstanding reviews. We came to Dr. Starr's office because we wanted a second opinion and Dr. Starr explained the exactly what what was going on. The previous doctor we went to left out some important details about cataract surgery. We feel reassured after today's visit and confident with Dr. Starr's advice . I would highly recommend anybody to Dr. Starr.
in westminster |
Dr. Starr's office is fantastic. Both he and his staff are extremely professional. I originally came to Dr. Starr after I was out riding my motorcycle and a piece of sand flew into my eye. I was very worried that I would permanently lose my vision. Thank goodness, Dr. Starr was able to remove the sand and restore my vision. I definitely recommend friends, family, and anybody that asks to come see Dr. Starr for the health of their eyes.
Dr. Starr is an excellent ophthalmologist. I had laser surgery with him and I have been extremely happy with my vision. Now I no longer need my glasses to see. I'm a senior citizen and have been treated very well by Dr. Starr. I have noticed that the other patients in his office of all ages are also very pleased with him. Dr. Starr is very conscientious with his patients and I would recommend him to anybody.
Dr. Starr is my favorite doctor! He has been taking care of me and my whole family for over 10 years now and we all love him. He has saved my eyesight from glaucoma and cataracts. His skills and technique as a laser eye surgeon are unsurpassed. I highly recommend this extremely talented ophthalmologist!
I drive from Northern Califonia to see Dr Robert Starr & I would travel from anywhere in the world just to see him, because he saved my sight! A few years ago, I suffered an extremely painful eye problem and ended up in the emergency room. The physicians there could not help me and referred me to Dr. Starr. They said he was the best in Orange County. Thank goodness Dr. Starr was able to restore my sight. If you want a great doctor, I would highly recommend Dr. Robert Starr.
in Huntington Beach, CA |
My internist sent me to Dr. Starr as I was seeing flashes of lights out of my right eye. He saw me immediately, & performed a very in-deph examination. He told me we have good news, & bad news. The good news was NO detached retina, but he told me I had the very beginnings of 3 issues. They were (1) cataracts (2) glaucoma (3) macular degeneration. Dr. Starr told me not to worry, but let him do all the worrying. He is SO caring and professional, that I know I don't have to worry about anything!
Have you seen Dr. Robert Starr, MD?
Are you Dr. Starr?

See our Ophthalmology Specialist at Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance

Visit Dr. Starr