Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD

Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery  ·
Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in Santa Barbara, CA and has been practicing for 42 years. He graduated from University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine in 1969 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery and cosmetic medicine.Read his story

2320 Bath St Ste 203

Santa Barbara, CA 93105

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Sheffield's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC Injection
  • Juvéderm® Voluma® Injection
  • Kybella Treatment for Submental Fat
  • Microneedling
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Radiesse® Injections
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Sculptra™ Injection
  • Skin Aging
  • Soft Tissue Injections
  • Wound Repair
  • Wrinkles

Dr. Sheffield 's practice today is focused on upper eyelid surgery, less invasive minimal and non-surgical methods of facial rejuvenation. The options seem endless but the idea is to understand the patient's goals and offer to the patient a reasonable treatment plan which would come up to their expectations.

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Dr. Sheffield?
Dr. Sheffield's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD
RecentMost Helpful
15 hours ago- I recently had the pleasure of being treated by Dr. Sheffield this week and I certainly could not have for a more qualified and professional plastic surgeon to help assist me through the process. His knowledge of cutting edge procedures was impressive. I very quickly realized I was in the best hands possible. He spent an hour during the consultation and listened to my concerns and guided me in making the best decision for my blepharoplasty. Caring, trustworthy, wonderful bedside manner and outstanding person are a few adjectives I would use to describe him. I would refer him for anyone seeking eyelid surgery or facial plastic surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
I found the doctor by reading reviews on the various sites. The office is located on the 2nd floor and it’s near Cottage Hospital. There is plenty of parking in the lot which is free. It was easy to get in for a consultation. The staff emailed me back within a couple of hours. I had a non-surgical rhinoplasty with Dr. Sheffield. I had no idea to the extent of how amazing my nose would turn out. This procedure changed everything for me. The appearance of my nose made my whole face look beautiful and restored the balance and symmetry. This was seriously a life changing experience no doubt. Dr. Sheffield is a considerate and honest plastic surgeon with a serious eye for beauty. He used dermal fillers for the nose job procedure. It’s hard to contain my joy, I am so impressed with the results!! I sincerely hope you put yourself in the wonderful hands of this doctor. You won’t regret it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
I was referred by another plastic surgeon in town for facial rejuvenation. I have some sagging jowls and have lost some skin elasticity in my face and neck area. I’m near 50 and I do not think I want a full facelift, but sought out another opinion for options in improving the contour of my lower face and neck regions. Dr. Sheffield is very insightful and definitely knows a variety of ways to achieve desirable aesthetic results. We talked about a mini face lift and my desire for a less invasive solution which was more cost beneficial. What was attractive about the mini facelift is that it didn’t require general anesthesia and scarring is minimal. I also liked that there was little time for recovery and the procedure could be performed in the office. I was able to resume my yoga classes in just a couple of weeks. I would certainly go back to him for any other cosmetic needs and would recommend him for anyone seeking facial plastic surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
My sagging upper eyelids and bulging lower eyelids were something that have bothered me for years. I had eye hollows, which I get is from the loss of collagen due to the aging process. I felt so old and tired every time I looked in the mirror. I had a high school reunion coming up and it has motivated to do something about how I was feeling about my appearance. My girlfriend had her eyes done and referred me over to Dr. Sheffield for eyelid surgery. I made a consultation and extremely impressed with him. He is very professional and knowledgeable. He’s been in practice for a long time in Santa Barbara. Aside from his demeanor and gentle nature, what impressed me the most was how current he is on procedures and techniques. I was blown away. During the consultation, we went over all the various options that could give me a refreshed look, addressing all of my concerns. He is an excellent plastic surgeon and I recommend him highly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
I contacted Dr. Sheffield after doing extensive research for rhinoplasty. I checked out all the review sites and decided to visit his office because of the positive things I read and the fact that he is a well know facial plastic surgeon in Santa Barbara. I was in a car accident a couple of years ago and got a nose job at that time but I’ve never been very satisfied with the result. Overall it’s fine, but I was interested in getting the tip of my nose shaped better, but I really didn’t want to go through the cost and down time of another surgery. Not to mention, a lot of plastic surgeons don’t want to do revisions. Dr. Sheffield has a keen eye and was able to suggest some non-surgical options using fillers. He knew exactly how to make some aesthetic changes which I’m very happy with. Some touch ups on the bridge and on the tip, and that was it. I was in and out of the office in less an hour. I’m very thankful to have found Dr. Sheffield.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
Going into the procedure I was very nervous, but as soon as I walked in the door Dr. Sheffield's entire staff made me feel at ease. Dr. Sheffield is so so patient and caring. He answered every question I had regarding the treatment and some other medical concerns. The office environment is very relaxing. My results look completely natural and honestly were better than I had hoped.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
I received a lip augmentation from Dr. Sheffield. I've had thin lips my whole life and was more than ready for a change. But with change comes risk, so I asked about what those risks would consist of. Dr. Sheffield explained that there would be little to no risks for a lip augmentation. His reassurance instilled my confidence in the procedure and even swelled me with excitement. I started to think, "it's finally happening!" Within a few days, the swelling the swelling went down. Very satisfied!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
I did a lot of research and was going back and forth about getting upper eyelift surgery. .. my friend strongly recommended SB Aesthetics. Im glad I went to this doctor. I was able to get scheduled in pretty easily and didn't have to wait much. The post-op appointments went smooth and i didn't have any issues during recovery. I'm only 2 weeks out after my surgery and i have started to see my results. I would definitely recommend SB Aesthetics for eyelid surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
My experience with SB Aesthetics was pretty good. I had upper eyelid surgery with dr sheffield. He is really knowledgeable and precise, before the surgery, he drew the lines on my eyes to make sure that the shape was what i wanted it to be. The blepharoplasty surgery went off without a hitch . Painless. I am quite happy with the result. Today is the 7th day post op and it's time to remove stitches. The service and the staff were great. i would recommend anyone to Dr. Sheffield.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
I am so thankful for Dr. Sheffield. I recently visited his office for droopy skin for my upper eyelids which had been bothering me for a number of years. I very quickly felt comfortable and confident with his precision and professionalism as a surgeon. His expertise combined with his thoughtful caring manner are remarkable. I am ecstatic with my results! My eyes look refreshed and youthful and the procedure was flawless. He is by far one of the best upper eyelid surgeons in SB. Thank you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
Dr. Sheffield and his office staff are wonderful. My experience was excellent all the way from the initial consultation to post op. I had excess skin on my upper eyelids and I hated the way it made me look and feel. I had been wanting to get my eyes done for a while, and decided to go see a blepharoplasty specialist. If you want to see an expert for eye rejuvenation and upper blepharoplasty in Santa Barbara goto Dr. Sheffield. You won't be disappointed. Such an amazing difference!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
This is my third visit to the office for Juvederm injections in my lips...they look soooooooo AMAZING!!!!! Completely natural without being too puffy. I wanted them to look good, but not Kardashian obvious. I'm going back in 3 weeks for microneedling with PRP for some acne scarring. I'm really looking forward to that since i've tried everything to improve my skin, but nothing has really helped.I will check back in after a couple treatments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
Dr. Sheffield is so professional, skilled and gentle. He's been doing my Juvederm lip fillers and botox injections since last year. I recently relocated to Lompoc, but I still make the drive. He is completely worth it!! The thing that stands out most to me about him is how genuine he is and how much time he spends with you. I highly recommend Dr. Sheffield and SB Aesthetics... Oh, and they have free parking!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
I met with Dr. Sheffield after doing a lot of research online. I knew he was the right doctor as soon as I met with him. He was soo patient and he answered every question. I am very pleased with the results!! My lips look soooo natural, no one can tell I had them done. The doctor is excellent and the staff is fantastic. I'm for sure going back in the next few months. Thank you for everything!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
I recently had my upper blephs done. It has made such a difference. I don't have that tired look anymore and my eyes look spectacular without the drooping lids. I feel so much younger and refreshed. Casey and Anna were so nice. They made me feel right at home. Dr. Sheffield is such a kind person and an excellent plastic surgeon, simply the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
It’s very obvious Dr. Sheffield loves what he does and has a passion for helping people feel more youthful.   Like an artist, he knows how to look at the face and determine exactly what should be improved and what should be left alone to give perfect symmetry with a natural appearance.  He is the best facial rejuvenation specialist! Since last year he has done botox for my frown lines and Kybella for my double chin. I and am planning on going back over the next few years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
I really love the shape of my lips but I wanted them to be fuller and more pouty but also ook natural.  Dr. Sheffield knows exactly how to make you feel comfortable and his staff is so professional! He technique is flawless so as to minimize the bruising and make it nearly pain free. I’m extremely excited with the results and I can’t wait to see what my lips look like after the swelling goes down!!  Definitely would recommend....especially if it's your first time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
I recently had my lips filled at another office that I was originally referred to. To my amazement, I lost the volume in my lips completely within a few days after the injections. I found Dr. Sheffield’s practice. He completely understood how I was feeling.  He listened to exactly what I was looking for and took his time to make sure I was happy.   After my previous experience, Dr. Sheffield certainly corrected my situation and put me at ease. Do yourself a favor go to a plastic surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
I am a long time patient of Dr. Sheffield.  I routinely go to him for Botox and fillers. This is my first time doing a review and  I thought it was time I shared my experience. Dr. Sheffield is a fantastic injector, and is so concerned about making sure his patients are not in discomfort. Thank you for everything!! I definitely recommend SB Aesthetics and Dr. Sheffield to anyone in the Santa Barbara area.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
I have had my injections done at medical spas in the past, but I just never felt the level of professionalism and artistry was high enough. I’m not 40 anymore, and I have a few friends that you can tell have had botox or fillers.  I decided to see a plastic surgeon who was more experienced. He used different techniques for my particular situation with amazing success. People are in disbelief when they hear my age. Do not go elsewhere you will not be disappointed!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Sheffield?

SB Aesthetics