Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 76

Dr. Sheffield

Santa Barbara Skincare - Santa Barbara

2320 Bath St Ste 205 Santa Barbara, CA 93105

Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Santa Barbara, CA and has over 52 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine medical school in 1969. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sheffield to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD with other Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists near you

Dr. Sheffield's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sheffield

Dr. Sheffield?
  • Explained conditions well (25)
  • Listened & answered questions (25)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (25)
    I am a patient of Dr. Sheffield and SB Aesthetics Medical Spa in Santa Barbara CA and have been so for quite a long time now. I love how he truly cares about his patients Whether it’s listening to everything I say and answering all of my questions with patience. He is a true professional and a first class physician.
    Oct 09, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    I did extensive research for this med spa visit. I called to make an appointment, and they were quite friendly and they were able to schedule me conveniently. When I got to the office, it seemed clean and professional. The staff was quite helpful and it very kind of them adjust my appointment that day as another one of my prior appts unexpectedly ran long. ...The main reason why I chose this medical spa over others was because of the degree of expertise of those performing the procedures. I will be going back on my next visit for a medical facial.
    Aug 06, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    I recently went to SB Aesthetics medical spa and began the process of laser hair removal on a few areas of my body. They gave a break on the price for doing multiple areas. I have to be honest, the painful was a bit painful some of the time during the procedure mostly because of the many areas. It was certainly tolerable and the dermatologist was able to make adjustments during to make it more comfortable. She periodically checked in with me also to make sure I was doing ok which was very comforting. I am so excited for get the final two sessions done so I can have a hair free smooth body. I’m glad I made the decision to come to this med spa. I looked around prior to and read a ton of reviews. The deciding factor for me was the Cynosure Laser and that a dermatologist does the procedure, not an RN or esthetician. Don’t use groupon deals for second rate expertise, spend the money and get it done right!
    Jul 30, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    I recently visited Dr. Sheffield of SB Aesthetics at his Santa Barbara office for cheek injections with Voluma XC for my upcoming high school reunion. His work is outstanding! I didn’t get any bruising afterwards. He used a topical anesthesia and the experience was completely painless. I’ve had negative experiences at other plastic surgeons before, and I’m very grateful to have found him!! He will be the only doctor for my face. Dr. Sheffield is also known as the go to facial plastic surgeon in town for facelift and rhinoplasty, and he is well trained in aesthetic surgery. This is just one of the reasons why he is so excellent with fillers, as he has that artistic eye.
    Cassey W. – Jan 29, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    Dr. Sheffield did my silhouette lift and my eyelid surgery on the same day. This was last year and I’m still very happy with the results. Everything came out so great and I will be 53 in October and I’ve totally loving my youthful look. I cannot thank him enough for boosting my confidence and refreshing my appearance. He is a great plastic surgeon and he is excellent at what he does.
    May 23, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    15 hours ago- I recently had the pleasure of being treated by Dr. Sheffield this week and I certainly could not have for a more qualified and professional plastic surgeon to help assist me through the process. His knowledge of cutting edge procedures was impressive. I very quickly realized I was in the best hands possible. He spent an hour during the consultation and listened to my concerns and guided me in making the best decision for my blepharoplasty. Caring, trustworthy, wonderful bedside manner and outstanding person are a few adjectives I would use to describe him. I would refer him for anyone seeking eyelid surgery or facial plastic surgery.
    May 19, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    I found the doctor by reading reviews on the various sites. The office is located on the 2nd floor and it’s near Cottage Hospital. There is plenty of parking in the lot which is free. It was easy to get in for a consultation. The staff emailed me back within a couple of hours. I had a non-surgical rhinoplasty with Dr. Sheffield. I had no idea to the extent of how amazing my nose would turn out. This procedure changed everything for me. The appearance of my nose made my whole face look beautiful and restored the balance and symmetry. This was seriously a life changing experience no doubt. Dr. Sheffield is a considerate and honest plastic surgeon with a serious eye for beauty. He used dermal fillers for the nose job procedure. It’s hard to contain my joy, I am so impressed with the results!! I sincerely hope you put yourself in the wonderful hands of this doctor. You won’t regret it.
    May 17, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    I was referred by another plastic surgeon in town for facial rejuvenation. I have some sagging jowls and have lost some skin elasticity in my face and neck area. I’m near 50 and I do not think I want a full facelift, but sought out another opinion for options in improving the contour of my lower face and neck regions. Dr. Sheffield is very insightful and definitely knows a variety of ways to achieve desirable aesthetic results. We talked about a mini face lift and my desire for a less invasive solution which was more cost beneficial. What was attractive about the mini facelift is that it didn’t require general anesthesia and scarring is minimal. I also liked that there was little time for recovery and the procedure could be performed in the office. I was able to resume my yoga classes in just a couple of weeks. I would certainly go back to him for any other cosmetic needs and would recommend him for anyone seeking facial plastic surgery.
    May 16, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    My sagging upper eyelids and bulging lower eyelids were something that have bothered me for years. I had eye hollows, which I get is from the loss of collagen due to the aging process. I felt so old and tired every time I looked in the mirror. I had a high school reunion coming up and it has motivated to do something about how I was feeling about my appearance. My girlfriend had her eyes done and referred me over to Dr. Sheffield for eyelid surgery. I made a consultation and extremely impressed with him. He is very professional and knowledgeable. He’s been in practice for a long time in Santa Barbara. Aside from his demeanor and gentle nature, what impressed me the most was how current he is on procedures and techniques. I was blown away. During the consultation, we went over all the various options that could give me a refreshed look, addressing all of my concerns. He is an excellent plastic surgeon and I recommend him highly
    May 14, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    I contacted Dr. Sheffield after doing extensive research for rhinoplasty. I checked out all the review sites and decided to visit his office because of the positive things I read and the fact that he is a well know facial plastic surgeon in Santa Barbara. I was in a car accident a couple of years ago and got a nose job at that time but I’ve never been very satisfied with the result. Overall it’s fine, but I was interested in getting the tip of my nose shaped better, but I really didn’t want to go through the cost and down time of another surgery. Not to mention, a lot of plastic surgeons don’t want to do revisions. Dr. Sheffield has a keen eye and was able to suggest some non-surgical options using fillers. He knew exactly how to make some aesthetic changes which I’m very happy with. Some touch ups on the bridge and on the tip, and that was it. I was in and out of the office in less an hour. I’m very thankful to have found Dr. Sheffield.
    May 14, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    Going into the procedure I was very nervous, but as soon as I walked in the door Dr. Sheffield's entire staff made me feel at ease. Dr. Sheffield is so so patient and caring. He answered every question I had regarding the treatment and some other medical concerns. The office environment is very relaxing. My results look completely natural and honestly were better than I had hoped.
    Stephanie342 – Jan 05, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    I received a lip augmentation from Dr. Sheffield. I've had thin lips my whole life and was more than ready for a change. But with change comes risk, so I asked about what those risks would consist of. Dr. Sheffield explained that there would be little to no risks for a lip augmentation. His reassurance instilled my confidence in the procedure and even swelled me with excitement. I started to think, "it's finally happening!" Within a few days, the swelling the swelling went down. Very satisfied!
    marshie814 in Santa Barbara – Dec 11, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    I did a lot of research and was going back and forth about getting upper eyelift surgery. .. my friend strongly recommended SB Aesthetics. Im glad I went to this doctor. I was able to get scheduled in pretty easily and didn't have to wait much. The post-op appointments went smooth and i didn't have any issues during recovery. I'm only 2 weeks out after my surgery and i have started to see my results. I would definitely recommend SB Aesthetics for eyelid surgery.
    Alison B. in Santa Barbara, CA – Mar 08, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    My experience with SB Aesthetics was pretty good. I had upper eyelid surgery with dr sheffield. He is really knowledgeable and precise, before the surgery, he drew the lines on my eyes to make sure that the shape was what i wanted it to be. The blepharoplasty surgery went off without a hitch . Painless. I am quite happy with the result. Today is the 7th day post op and it's time to remove stitches. The service and the staff were great. i would recommend anyone to Dr. Sheffield.
    Feb 22, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    I am so thankful for Dr. Sheffield. I recently visited his office for droopy skin for my upper eyelids which had been bothering me for a number of years. I very quickly felt comfortable and confident with his precision and professionalism as a surgeon. His expertise combined with his thoughtful caring manner are remarkable. I am ecstatic with my results! My eyes look refreshed and youthful and the procedure was flawless. He is by far one of the best upper eyelid surgeons in SB. Thank you
    Joe C. in Santa Barbara, CA – Feb 19, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    Dr. Sheffield and his office staff are wonderful. My experience was excellent all the way from the initial consultation to post op. I had excess skin on my upper eyelids and I hated the way it made me look and feel. I had been wanting to get my eyes done for a while, and decided to go see a blepharoplasty specialist. If you want to see an expert for eye rejuvenation and upper blepharoplasty in Santa Barbara goto Dr. Sheffield. You won't be disappointed. Such an amazing difference!!
    R. Davies in Sumemrland, CA – Feb 15, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    This is my third visit to the office for Juvederm injections in my lips...they look soooooooo AMAZING!!!!! Completely natural without being too puffy. I wanted them to look good, but not Kardashian obvious. I'm going back in 3 weeks for microneedling with PRP for some acne scarring. I'm really looking forward to that since i've tried everything to improve my skin, but nothing has really helped.I will check back in after a couple treatments.
    Andrea in Goleta, CA – Feb 04, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    Dr. Sheffield is so professional, skilled and gentle. He's been doing my Juvederm lip fillers and botox injections since last year. I recently relocated to Lompoc, but I still make the drive. He is completely worth it!! The thing that stands out most to me about him is how genuine he is and how much time he spends with you. I highly recommend Dr. Sheffield and SB Aesthetics... Oh, and they have free parking!!
    M. H. in Lompoc, CA – Feb 04, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    I met with Dr. Sheffield after doing a lot of research online. I knew he was the right doctor as soon as I met with him. He was soo patient and he answered every question. I am very pleased with the results!! My lips look soooo natural, no one can tell I had them done. The doctor is excellent and the staff is fantastic. I'm for sure going back in the next few months. Thank you for everything!
    Stephanie in Camarillo, CA – Feb 02, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?
    I recently had my upper blephs done. It has made such a difference. I don't have that tired look anymore and my eyes look spectacular without the drooping lids. I feel so much younger and refreshed. Casey and Anna were so nice. They made me feel right at home. Dr. Sheffield is such a kind person and an excellent plastic surgeon, simply the best!
    Ella R. in Santa Barbara, CA – Feb 01, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Sheffield, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sheffield?

Dr. Sheffield 's practice today is focused on upper eyelid surgery, less invasive minimal and non-surgical methods of facial rejuvenation. The options...Read more

Dr. Sheffield's interest in aesthetics began at an early age whether it was painting or wood carving. After following the footsteps of a number of family...Read more

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery