Dr. Robert Shapiro, MD

Dr. Robert Shapiro, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Robert Shapiro, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Hilo, HI. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

868 Ululani St Ste 109

Hilo, HI 96720

Learn about Dr. Shapiro

See how frequently Dr. Shapiro performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Warts
high
Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
Benign Tumor
high

Dr. Shapiro's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Folliculitis
  • Fungal Infections
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigus
  • Warts

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Tag Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

• Albany Med Coll
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Albany Med Coll
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • The Johns Hopkins Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Shapiro has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shapiro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shapiro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shapiro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shapiro to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Shapiro's Performance
Hilo, HI |
He was my MD for several years back when I was in my 80s. He sent me for labs for sexually transmitted diseases,STD. also mailed me a lab order for HIV and Heptitis C. Never a discussion or mention. Furthermore, using liquid nitrogen on ketatoses, he blasted my arms so hard, so rapidly, I screamed STOP due to the pain. Absolutely nothing good can I say. Did he happen to make money on the tests? I do not know. KIona has reputable dermatologists.
in Keaau, HI |
Doctor Shapiro is the best Dermatologist ever! He's Johns Hopkins trained and delivers the best, new, cutting edge practices (surgery, etc.) to his patients. He's ahead of the game versus other practitioners I've had experience with! Other practitioners charge outrageous co-payments....not Doc'! I've seen him for over 20+ years.......he's highly knowledgeable, and is familiar with and has great relationships with other physicians in his field! The Best, period!
Hilo, HI |
unfriendly, uncaring, maximizing his time, no thorough, not interested in the well being of his patients
in Keaau, HI |
Dr Shapiro is great. I would recommend him to anyone needing a dermatologist. He was informative and attentive and encouraged me to ask questions. He's a knowledgeable doctor. One of my favorites.
in Hilo, HI |
I had to get up and leave when I noticed that after 1.5 hours of waiting, the 10 other patients in front of me in the "reception" area (hard plastic chair inside or hard concrete bench outside) were still waiting too, and some had been waiting an hour longer than I had. App't was for 3:00, and I left at 4:40 when I heard the receptionist tell another patient "Yes we're supposed to close at 6 but most nights we're still here after 8 or 9:00". Umm, no. Used to bad,now it's the worst. Never again!!
Hilo, HI |
I don't know what his deal is but I waited well over an hour and half for a 5-10 minute visit where I could hardly get a word in. I wish I had asked others before making my appointment because they immediately shared their unpleasant visits once I brought up his name.
in Hilo. HI |
Awful! Hours & hours of waiting due to continously over booking his appointments!
in Hilo, HI |
Dr. Shapiro was professional, informative and caring. I trust his judgment and expertise, as he completed his residency at Johns Hopkins. His office staff was efficient, supportive and they post your wait time. The office seemed clean and was tastefully decorated. Best of all he totally cured my skin infection.
in Hilo, HI |
Fortunately my problem was relatively minor and my experience was as pleasant as a doctor visit could be. Dr. Shapiro was friendly, relaxing and informative. I would not hesitate to recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Shapiro, MD?
Are you Dr. Shapiro?