Dr. Robert Schutz, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male

Black Hills Plastic Surgery 3615 5th St Ste 101 Rapid City, SD 57701 Get Directions
Dr. Robert Schutz, MD

Dr. Schutz is the most experienced surgeon in western South Dakota with over 20 years of experience in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Schutz is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and the American Medical Association. He is also a member of the South Dakota State Medical Association, Black Hills Medical Society, Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons, and the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society. Dr. Schutz has been a clinical professor at the Sanford School of Medicine, University of South Dakota. He has been awarded a certificate of recognition by the Allergen Academy.

...See Less

Dr. Schutz's Care Philosophy

"My philosophy with rejuvenational surgery, is to achieve a natural-looking result with every surgery and procedure. I believe the goal is to help patients look like younger versions of themselves while still retaining the facial characteristics that are uniquely theirs. "In my practice, we are committed to leading-edge technology and the many ways it can make things simpler and easier for our patients. I spend time during the consultation process so that I can thoroughly understand what a patient wants to achieve. I help manage their expectations, explain the limits of plastic surgery and partner with them to find the least invasive measures to achieve their goals." In his practice, Dr. Schutz believe less is more. His philosophy is to achieve a natural-looking result with every surgery and procedure.

Dr. Schutz's Experience

See how Dr. Schutz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schutz

Dr. Schutz accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Schutz is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Schutz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schutz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schutz to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Schutz Says:

Thank you for your comments. We realize how important your feedback is to our continued improvement and success.

Our vision at RCMC is to build strong, lifelong relationships with our patients. Your comments help our entire staff to learn what our patients appreciate and deserve.

We want to maintain your trust and confidence,

...

Dr. Schutz's Performance
Expert at everything!!!!!
Rapid City, SD |
Have had a number of experiences at Dr. Schutz's office and have been satisfied with results and care received at the clinic. He is pleasant and accommodating as are his entire staff. I can confidently recommend his expertise in breast augmentation, botox, and facial filler procedures.
Sioux City, IA |
Excellent doctor and just a good man in general . Have had many procedures and all turned out better then expected . Great staff also and answered all my questions and concerns with ease . I always recommend all my friends to Dr. Robert Schutz and family . Best in town.
in Rapid City, SD |
Dr. Schutz is considerate, caring, thorough and precise. I have been very pleased and satisfied with all the procedures he has performed for me. He has a very gentle and painless technique which have been painful from other Doctors. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a very talented Doctor who gives grest results.
Boyes |
So happy with my experience with Dr. Shutz and staff. My scars are almost non existent from my breast augmentation and he did not bruise me whatsoever. My results are beautiful!
Hi, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!
Livingston, NJ |
After a consultation, I would not pursue surgery with this individual. Perhaps surgery would have been "successful". I decided to value my time, health, and resources more than my meaningless cosmetic issue, even as this individual used insensitive, strong, and abrasive language when discussing the appearance of my cosmetic issue, perhaps in an effort to increase the likelihood I would pursue surgery or perhaps he is simply that unable to consider others as whole human beings. Typical Dr Ego.
Piedmont, SD |
Dr. Schutz and staff are amazing
Rapid City, SD |
Dr. Schutz tried to tell me that I had a common medical condition after telling him that I have a less common one. He insisted that I go to a nutritionist, and kept pushing the issue after I declined. Even after I thanked him for his time and made it clear that I would not be using his services, he did not leave the room so I could get dressed. He simply continued to push his nutritionist friend. When he did leave, he sent in his staff afterword with price quotes! I left in tears.
I am sorry I was not able to give you the services you were wanting. My patients overall health is my primary concern! I tell my patients they need to maintain a stable weight and lifestyle before undergoing body contouring cosmetic surgery. There are many clinics that are able to help them achieve these goals prior to surgery. I am always willing to help or refer patients to get them the long term results they are wanting. Hopefully, we will be able to help you in the future.
Rapid City, SD |
I an thrilled that Dr. Schutz was my plastic surgeon after my breast cancer. I had complication, and Dr. Schutz and his staff listened to all my concerns, and were very compassionate. When I had issues, I was seen in a timely manner. I would recommend him to anyone who needs plastic surgery.
in Rapid City, SD |
When I was 5 years old I was hit by a car- which requires several surgeries to save function of my toe/foot, involving skin graph and later more reconstructive surgery. Being 5 years old, it was terrifying- BUT I remember going into each surgery comforted by Dr. Schultz himself. He always made a point to come see me prior, and ensure me that everything would be fine. (I better not leave out the fact that I had a huge crush on him, and always said he was the "hottest old man" ever LOL)
in Rapid City, SD |
My experience was awesome! Dr. Schutz eased my concerns and apprehension of following through on a breast reduction surgery. He was professional, courteous and easy to talk to. Dr. Schutz blew my expectations right out of the water! My results were perfectly proportional to my body size, symmetrical and most of all, natural looking. I would recommend Dr. Schutz to anyone looking for a surgeon who can and will exceed your expectations. 100% Satisfied client!
Have you seen Dr. Robert Schutz, MD?

Compare Dr. Schutz

Dr. Schutz says...

Dr. Schutz is the most experienced surgeon in western South Dakota with over 20 years of experience in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.  Dr. Schutz is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and the American Medical Association. He is also a member of the South Dakota State Medical Association, Black Hills Medical Society, Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons, and the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society. Dr. Schutz has been a clinical professor at the Sanford School of Medicine, University of South Dakota. He has been awarded a certificate of recognition by the Allergen Academy.

Dr. Schutz's Care Philosophy

"My philosophy with rejuvenational surgery, is to achieve a natural-looking result with every surgery and procedure. I believe the goal is to help patients look like younger versions of themselves while still retaining the facial characteristics that are uniquely theirs.

"In my practice, we are committed to leading-edge technology and the many ways it can make things simpler and easier for our patients. I spend time during the consultation process so that I can thoroughly understand what a patient wants to achieve. I help manage their expectations, explain the limits of plastic surgery and partner with them to find the least invasive measures to achieve their goals."

Dr. Schutz says...

We want to maintain your trust and confidence, so when you refer your family and friends you will have no doubt that they will receive the same dedication and respect that you have to come to expect from us.

Thank you for allowing Rapid City Medical Center to participate in your healthcare.

Jennifer Hanson

Customer Service Manager

Rapid City Medical Center

Dr. Schutz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Plastic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in South Dakota not available

Dr. Schutz has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Dakota.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schutz's Board Certifications

• Gynecomastia
  • Large Breasts
  • Lipomas
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Second-Degree Burns

Completed in 1993

University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics

Completed in 1991

Creighton University

Dr. Schutz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schutz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery

• Cosmetic Facial Surgery
  • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
  • Dermabrasion
  • Dermal Filler
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Lift - Parts of the Body Other than Face
  • Liposuction
  • Mini Tummy Tuck
  • Neck Lift
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis