Dr. Robert Schutz, MD

Dr. Robert Schutz, MD

Plastic Surgery  ·
Dr. Robert Schutz, MD is a plastic surgery specialist in Rapid City, SD and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from Creighton University in 1986 and specializes in plastic surgery, plastic surgery-head & neck, and more.Read his story

3615 5th St Ste 101

Rapid City, SD 57701

• American Republic
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthPartners

Learn about Dr. Schutz

See how frequently Dr. Schutz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Excision of Skin Lesion

Dr. Schutz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Schutz's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Schutz "Dr. Schutz is the most experienced surgeon in western South Dakota with over 20 years of experience in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Schutz is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and the American Medical Association. He is also a member of the South Dakota State Medical Association, Black Hills Medical Society, Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons, and the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society. Dr. Schutz has been a clinical professor at the Sanford School of Medicine, University of South Dakota. He has been awarded a certificate of recognition by the Allergen Academy."

This content was provided by Dr. Schutz ""My philosophy with rejuvenational surgery, is to achieve a natural-looking result with every surgery and procedure. I believe the goal is to help patients look like younger versions of themselves while still retaining the facial characteristics that are uniquely theirs.

"In my practice, we are committed to leading-edge technology and the many ways it can make things simpler and easier for our patients. I spend time during the consultation process so that I can thoroughly understand what a patient wants to achieve. I help manage their expectations, explain the limits of plastic surgery and partner with them to find the least invasive measures to achieve their goals."

In his practice, Dr. Schutz believe less is more. His philosophy is to achieve a natural-looking result with every surgery and procedure."

• Plastic Surgery

• Localized Fat Deposits
  • Skin Aging
  • Skin Laxity
  • Wrinkles

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Dakota.

• Creighton University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Creighton University
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Tulane University Hospital and Clinics
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Schutz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schutz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schutz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schutz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schutz to family and friends

Dr. Schutz's Performance

Dr. Schutz Says:

Thank you for your comments. We realize how important your feedback is to our continued improvement and success.

Our vision at RCMC is to build strong, lifelong relationships with our patients. Your comments help our entire staff to learn what our patients appreciate and deserve.

We want to maintain your trust and confidence, so when you refer your family and

Was a wonderful, fun experience with the whole staff!! Dr. Schutz was a compassionate, technically excellent surgeon that I would recommend to anyone!! Thank you for making me look naturally beautiful!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Schutz suggested and explained a procedure that I hadn't thought of, and I agreed it was a good option for me. The results are fantastic, and I'm thrilled that I went to see him. Dr. Schutz listens carefully, and takes the time to answer any questions. He did an outstandingly good job; beyond...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Hi there, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

I am quite pleased with my facial surgery that Dr. Schutz performed. I was concerned about not looking "like me" when I was done, but Dr. Schutz assured me that I would look like me, only better. He was definitely right. I put all my faith in his ability and I am very happy with the results.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Ruth, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit! We always strive to provide top quality service to every guest, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Robert Schutz, MD!

Expert at everything!!!!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Hi, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Robert Schutz! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

Have had a number of experiences at Dr. Schutz's office and have been satisfied with results and care received at the clinic. He is pleasant and accommodating as are his entire staff. I can confidently recommend his expertise in breast augmentation, botox, and facial filler procedures.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Hi, we are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!