Dr. Robert Sandmeier, MD

Dr. Robert Sandmeier, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Robert Sandmeier, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Tigard, OR. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 26 years.

9250 SW Hall Blvd

Tigard, OR 97223

• Kaiser Permanente
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Sandmeier

See how frequently Dr. Sandmeier performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Sprain
high
Bursitis
high
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Dr. Sandmeier's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine

• Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

• ACL Surgery
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Fletcher Allen Health Care
  • University Of Ut Med Center

Dr. Sandmeier has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sandmeier does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sandmeier and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sandmeier's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sandmeier to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Sandmeier's Performance
Hillsboro or |
Dr sandmeier repaired two knees for me after sports accidents. If you ask him questions he is good about explaining how a procedure is done, the risks, and your likely outcome. I believe he is quite competent for knee ligament repairs and his staff is very friendly. The only downside I would say is he has kind of a surgery bedside manner. A little less willing to empathize and connect on a personal level. If you want a good knee specialist he is top tier but pampering not his forte.
in Portland, Oregon |
I had intense kne pain. Dr Sandmeier diagnosed a tear and sent to physical therapy. The pain got worse after every PT session. The pain became so excruciating I ended up in Meridian Park Hospital ER. There, the pain was correctly diagnosed as gout. The PT caused further damage; not healing.
in Beaverton, OR |
Dr. Sandmeier is an incredible surgeon and I am very grateful to have had him for both of my ACL reconstructions. He is professional and did a wonderful job explaining the procedures. Having surgery can be a stressful and unfortunate circumstance, but Dr. Sandmeier's compassion for his patients and his experience in the field is very reassuring! I would highly recommend him to anyone needing surgery. Along with the PT I received, I am back to all my daily activities w/ zero set-backs!
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Sandmeier is very a friendly surgeon. He explained me very well about my knee problem before the surgery. He made me very aware about my case and provided an excellent follow up service at the clinic. All his team members at the Portland Clinic are very good to deliver an excellent customer service.
in Portland, OR |
It's been 7.5 months since I had my torn ACL reconstructed (patellar graft). I cannot thank Dr. Sandmeier and Portland Clinic enough in their attention to detail from initial prognosis to available / recommended options and their follow ups. You can tell that he is very knowledgeable, cares about you and truly wants you to get back to your peak form (not just be able to walk with a crooked leg) and most of all, is honest about the risks, pitfalls and the hard work needed to get back on track.
Tualatin, OR |
No complaints, everything went smoothly
in Beaverton, OR |
I had knee surgery for a torn ACL in summer of 2014, and a second "clean-up" surgery a couple months later due to complications. 2 years later, I am still worse off than before I had surgery - even with the torn ACL. I regret having surgery at the Portland Clinic, especially with Dr. Sandmeier. He refused to believe that any complications I have with my knee are his fault. He simply blames physical therapy or the way my body heals. 2 years later, I am unable to walk normally or run at all.
in Oregon City, OR |
The post op care was deplorable. He refused to acknowledge that my post-op issues were related to the surgery and after 1 post op visit sent me my merry way. I am shocked and angry about his lack of care in his patients' recovery. I don't care who you are and what your profession is, the ethical thing to do is to care enough about what you do to show some interest if something goes wrong, be accountable and offer care options. . Sorry I ever became his patient.
in Portland, OR |
While not a professional athlete, I've been playing competitive sports for over 25 years. Dr. Sandmeier is professional, compassionate, and dedicated. I would highly recommend him!
Have you seen Dr. Robert Sandmeier, MD?
Are you Dr. Sandmeier?