Dr. Robert Rockower, DO

Dr. Robert Rockower, DO

Family Medicine  |

Dr. Robert Rockower, DO is a family medicine doctor who practices in Ocala, FL. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Rockower is affiliated with Ocala Regional Medical Center, West Marion Community Hospital and Munroe Regional Medical Center.

Learn about Dr. Rockower

Committed to the care and improvement of the human condition through the delivery of high quality, cost effective healthcare in the Marion County area.

Dr. Rockower's Experience

Dr. Rockower's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Metropolitan General Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Rockower has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rockower does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rockower and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

West Marion Community Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Women's Health Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Rockower is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Rockower's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rockower to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Rockower's Performance
in The Villages, FL |
Dr. Rockower is an excellent medical provider. He always takes the time to answer my questions and to make sure that I am fully informed about my health issues. Every specialist that he has recommended is top-notch. His support staff is outstanding; they are very knowledgeable, efficient and always helpful. The front office folks have always found a way to work me in if I have an emergency and are always friendly and helpful. I am very happy with the service that I receive from Dr. Rockower.
Ocala, FL |
There was a lot of miscommunication on my first visit.. Dr. Rockower has received good reviews and I cannot offer an accurate review. My first visit I thought was going to be a wellness checkup, however instead it was a brief visit of me talking and the doctor listening, He did send me for blood-work. No paperwork given to me about what I needed to do next. I never heard back about my blood-work. I called and left a message and still have not heard back. It has been frustrating!
We are sorry to hear this and truly value your feedback. Patient experience is important to us at Family Care Specialists, so we will make every effort to address any concerns you may have. Your comments have been shared with the practice manager. If you would like to speak with someone about this experience, please call 352-245-1111.
in Summerfield, FL |
I've been a patient of Dr .Rockower for so many, many years and have found him to be informative and takes the time to answer any questions a patient may have. If you need a doctor, he's your guy!
in Belleview, FL |
I have been longtime patient at Family Care Specialists in Belleview, and Dr. Rockower has been my primary care doctor for 19 years. We have a good rapport and while he has a quiet personality, he is also very professional. I've gone to see him several times this year regarding a serious health issue and appreciate that 1) he does not candy coat the truth, unlike some of the specialists and 2) he was very helpful.. If I have any issue, it's the wait time. But I trust him, 100%.
Ocala, FL |
appointment with Dr. Rockower as a "new patient". he spent time and listened to my past history and current condition and prescribed new medication for me. next day i felt 100% better, unbelievable. very impressed with Dr. Rockower and would highly recommend.
in The Villages, Florida |
I moved to The Villages several years ago but remained in touch with my family physician of 30 years in Pennsylvania. When needed would fly back for routine examinations. After 8 years of commuting I felt it was time to find a doctor in Florida I could feel comfortable with. I looked for almost a year until my gut feeling told me that Dr. Rockower and the Family Practice was the place. I am 100% satisfied.
in Ocala fl |
Dr Rockower was welcoming and professional. I would highly recommend him as your doctor.
OCALA, FL |
Dr. Rockower is very thorough and takes time to listen and respond to any concerns. He is very personable and easy to talk to. I would highly recommend Dr. Rockower to my family and friends. In addition, his staff is very pleasant, efficient, and accurate. A+++ For Dr. Rockower!!
in Ocala, FL |
I am always satisfied with the care I receive from Dr. Rockower. He has the time to answer any questions I have
Summerfield, FL |
Dr. Rockower listens. He doesn't push you for a myriad of tests or over prescribe meds. And, if you need a prescription, he will endeavor to find the best option for coverage under your plan. His PA is also super helpful, often saving me a visit by providing guidance or assisting in getting a prescription renewed.
Belleview, FL |
Excellent. Very comfortable feeling with Dr. Rock. His friendly demeanor, takes the time to explain ALL information and also to listen to questions.
in Summerfield, FL |
Have been going to him for 16 years, and very happy with the services.
in Ocala, FL |
Dr. Rockower is friendly courteous and always through in dealing with me in all of my visits.
Sorrento, FL |
Dr Rockower throughly explains in lay terms concerns or treatment for condition. If unknown or beyond his field he will refer to a specialist in that field. This is a tremendous plus as it cuts out second guessing and the back and forth of appointments and medications. Fortunately for me most of my problems were addressed in one visit to Dr Rockower.
in Ocklawaha, FL |
He is a thorough provider that takes the time to ensure that he understands the problem. He does not hesitate to run the necessary test to ensure proper diagnosis. He has always been very thorough in the seven plus years I have been seeing him and having him for my primary care provider. He also works well with the VA doctor that I have assigned and the two of them co-ordinate my care.
in Ocala, FL |
It seems most of the time spent with Dr. Rockower was his filling out paperwork for Medicare. He took little interest in my specific questions.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Rockower, DO?

Visit Dr. Rockower

Dr. Rockower accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • AvMed